What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

On his blog under the gallery that character has been featured since before it was migrated to a different domain. There's a picture of her being attacked by the giant lizard enemies.

So whatever she is for, she's been in his mind for some time now.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yeah that character has been around for a long time.

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

google translator gives the following translation for the tweet in question: "The planned issue this character that was made before the next update
Only such of Nde also an array of Japanese , I 'm think I try to Taiwan -based character , during hesitation what to do the name .
Even when viewed from the Japanese , even when viewed from Taiwanese Likes beautiful name"

What does that mean? You decide. I guess that this character is meant as an addition for HotB unless he has been working on a different game all along. And he's struggling with name and background of the character.

In following tweets he's considering "RyuMika ( Liu Meifa )", at least according to google translator. And he is considering legs that are longer than Aya's. Maybe this character can be played?

FlamingNegger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I checked the Tweet, it's Liu Mei Hua (not Fa).

You should tell him that names such as "Mei Hua" are usually more traditional/cheesy sounding. "Mei" means beautiful, "Hua" means flower. If I'm going to pick a Chinese name based on style, definitely avoid the traditional-sounding names. Also, two character full names are uncommon in Taiwan as opposed to mainland China. A Taiwanese character should have a name that consists of 3 characters.

[SurnameCharacter][NameChar1][NameChar2]

Something like 林诗琪 (Lin Shi Qi, 林詩琪 in Traditional Chinese) or 白慧琳 (Bai Hui Lin, no difference in Traditional Chinese) sounds so much better (sorry to those with traditional-sounding names). I've realised that Japanese tend to pick very Chinese-sounding names simply based on how Chinese they sound. "Wang", "Mei", "Fa" seem to be their common selection. Of course, the name might not matter that much to him, so...I don't think he gives a shit as long as it sounds Chinese :D

Last edited:

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

And it would be posted here within minutes.

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Alright I'm necroing for advice.

Got to the "slums" part with a bajillion cockroaches.

What am I supposed to do? Or is that the extent of the game so far?

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alright I'm necroing for advice.

Got to the "slums" part with a bajillion cockroaches.

What am I supposed to do? Or is that the extent of the game so far?
That stage has no end.. you just grind it for as long as you feel like it and leave.

Iyanden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Go back a few pages to page 182 and you'll see lists of all the current enemies/scenes. If you've seen all of them then yes, that is the extent of the game so far.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

ok so is that the end of the game so far?
You can get a scene if you leave the cockroach area while wounded, and you can get a scene after the Orc things with some big beasts. But no newer levels after those ones.

trunks01

Reputation score

You can get a scene if you leave the cockroach area while wounded, and you can get a scene after the Orc things with some big beasts. But no newer levels after those ones.
I didn't realize that there was an extra scene after the orc stage :confused:
How do you get that scene?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Think he means the boar-bear things in the same stage that sometimes spawn instead of the orcs.

trunks01

Reputation score

Gotcha. I thought that there was a scene on the orc stage involving a big breasted Aya. Got my hopes up for a second. This update is taking longer than any other...

onurcanbela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know if there's an update coming up soon? Translating his tweets don't really help.

Perverted Adventurer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Giant bear wasn't too bad, limited scenes though.

Looking forward to the next update.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait what, a giant bear?

...Can you shoot it and mount its head as a trophy?

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is that what he's calling the entelodons? I wish it was a giant bear. And that it had more than one scene repeated a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.