What's new

ADV Patreon Active [HW21] XXXivilization

Xivilization

Reputation score
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to introduce my browser-based 4X strategy game called XXXivilization. It's inspired by games like Civilization and Free Cities, giving players a city-state to control and expand as they subjugate other city-states whilst taking over the world.

I released Version 12 to the public today.

Here are the pertinent links:

Public Build Browser:

Public Build PC Download:

Patreon:

Discord:

There are already hours of content, although I'll admit there aren't a ton of graphics because I've focused more on gameplay and graphics just aren't my forte. I'd really appreciate any and all detailed feedback, as I've had a rough time getting any so far.

Thanks for taking the time to check this post out!

Example of the CG art:

You start with this:

And can end with this!

Last edited by a moderator:

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Some thoughts after trying this (based on browser version):
There's not much to do the first few turns. There seems to be one optimal way to start the game. And unlike the Civilization games you don't have a map to explore, or to plan where to build new cities.
The initial units (Clansman and Clanswoman) are USELESS. All they are good for is taking a few hits (usually one to three hits). It's best not to bother recruiting them at all. Maybe they could become useful – if there was some way to increase their stats.
Related to that, the early turns are a bit too luck-dependent. If you get lucky and find no one in a territory, you get it. If you find enemies (such as bandits or pirates) you have no hope of winning, so you just waste 60 energy (unless you save scum and try until you get an event you can complete)
There are two VERY BAD decisions you can make early in the game – but the game does not warn you how bad they really are. And only one of them can be reversed:
1) The first decision is made when Jolene first comes to your city demanding that you let the the priest you kicked put come back to the city. This is your ONLY chance to let him come back. If you refuse, you get periodically attacked by Fanatics, and there's NOTHING you can do about it (other than save scum to avoid the attack event). The priests of Abstinencia still visit the city and cause trouble for you, so banning the priest doesn't really help you in any way. You're better off letting him come back so that you don't have to deal with the stupid Fanatics. It would be nie if we had the option to talk to Jolene and let the priest come back, thus ending the attacks.
2) The second is the decision to not pay the Futamazons. Fortunately this one is easily reversed by talking to their ambassador and simply agreeing to pay them. Paying for “protection” is obviously much better, as it costs you just 50 Gold (though that increases over time as they demand more and more) while fighting the fighting the Futamazon raiding parties is impossible for quite a while and they steal a lot more than if you pay them. Again, you can just save scum to avoid the raiding party events, but why bother?

Overall it is much better to just accept the demands of the Church and the Futamazons until you can recruit better units, like Centaurs or the unit you get by choosing one of the mercenary companies. Of course, Avatar of the Gods is best, if you can get it. First time I played I never got that unit, but got it during the New Game+.

OP
X

Xivilization

Reputation score
Thank you for the interesting feedback. I've hear from various people that the early game can be a bit tough but never got the connection to these decisions you have to make, I will try to make it clearer what will be the consequences of those.

The good news is that the next version will bring levelling up units so this will change things quite a bit and I am pretty sure that the starting units won't feel that useless anymore.

OP
X

Xivilization

Reputation score
Just wanted to let you know that Version 13 is now publicly available. The primary focus of Version 13 was balancing; most notable addition is that your units now gain experience and can be leveled up. I also tried to incorporate first feedback I got from the previous release and added a few new events.

Public Build Online:
Public Build Download:
Changelog: