What's new

I have some questions about Windows 10 and compatibility with h-games.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I plan on upgrading to Windows 10 soon at some point but I was wondering how it will with with RPG maker games and other translated Hentai Visual novels?
I'm currently running my PC in Japanese locale all the time as i felt no need to change back but what will happen if i upgrade while still in Japanese locale, and when I do upgrade will I be able to run the pc in Jap locale all the time or is that not allowed on W10? Also will I be able to run the games at all or are they not supported? I just want to get all this figured out before i take the plunge and upgrade, so nothing gets messed up.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to post it. :/

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: I have some questions about Windows 10 and compatibility with h-games.

I am working on W10, so, here we go:
RPGMaker MV/VX Ace/VX/2k - no problems so far.
VN and various other games - no problems so far.

As for Japanese locale, I do have it installed just like English locale.
Can you completely switch to full jpn? Yes. I did it few times for shit and giggles.

As for if it will stay in Japanese locale... I am guessing yes. As my w8 had eng installed, because I don't like my native language, and after w10 upgrade it didn't switch to my native lang.
In worst case, you will have to install japanese lang and switch.

As for running Windows mainly in eng and extra jap locale installed:
Applocale doesn't work on W10.
NTLEAS does and some games require you to run them in jap locale. It's just a case of using applocale alternative.

OP
rizo

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I am working on W10, so, here we go:
RPGMaker MV/VX Ace/VX/2k - no problems so far.
VN and various other games - no problems so far.

As for Japanese locale, I do have it installed just like English locale.
Can you completely switch to full jpn? Yes. I did it few times for shit and giggles.

As for if it will stay in Japanese locale... I am guessing yes. As my w8 had eng installed, because I don't like my native language, and after w10 upgrade it didn't switch to my native lang.
In worst case, you will have to install japanese lang and switch.

As for running Windows mainly in eng and extra jap locale installed:
Applocale doesn't work on W10.
NTLEAS does and some games require you to run them in jap locale. It's just a case of using applocale alternative.
Thanks for the info, this makes me think it might be okay to upgrade. I didn't want to upgrade then ALL my games become Void and Unusable. :p I normally run Jap locale because it makes running games easier but everything is still in English which is nice :) Hopefully it's that easy on W10.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, to be super-super safe, there is always an option to just do a full backup of drive that windows is on, then upgrade. Things went south? Restore from backup, no harm done :D

And as I love to remind and be reminded, "There are two types of people, ones who are backing up their data and ones that will be doing it." (or something around those lines) xD

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if your computer can handle it, try a virtual version of some older windows