What's new

ADV [ILLUSION] Honey Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Honey Select (ILLUSION)

Why spend more resources to make additional features, if they've already got stable income from making games the way they are doing it right now?
Well that's part of the thing. Whilst deeper gameplay via additional features would be great, I'm more actually talking about the design, and better using what they already have. With a better grasp for gameplay design, this would cost them nothing.

Example.
In the games AG3, AA, and AA2, illusion has maintained a strange tradition in their character customisers, that you are restricted to only picking a maximum of two personality traits for any single character (out of a list of somewhere around 30 traits). In every single game, the fan community disable this with mods. The games all run flawlessly without any new bugs or issues despite the change, regardless of any possible combination of traits, which demonstrates that this restriction is a deliberate design choice, rather than a technical limitation.

So taking one of my past favourite characters as an example, I wanted to add to the class a Shy and Passive girl (marking trait picks in italics). So that's both of my trait picks spent already. In the base game design that would be the entire extent of the characters personality.

I also however wanted her to be the sort that would be friendly and easy to get along with, even if only when others sought her out, so I added the Easy-Going trait. I figured that she'd have difficulty around guys, but also be the kind to enjoy romantic notions. So gave her the Romantic and Bad-with-guys traits. The combination of the traits so far resulted in a fairly fun and distinct behaviour for her. Finally, I gave the character a vulnerable side too, with the Exploitable and Obedient traits. All in all, it felt like a pretty cohesive and noticeable personality. If I'd been forced to pick only any two of those, the resulting character would have felt incredibly flat by comparison. Even more so if all the other characters she'd interact with were equally flat.

Which is why it's baffling that Illusion have consistently chosen to impose these very limiting and rather arbitrary seeming restrictions on their game. It feels like a designer at some point has included the limit because it just seemed like something a game should have, but without really understanding why, or how it would effect the game.

I won't ramble on with more, but there are just loads of examples of gameplay/design related things that could be considerably improved, without actually requiring any extra development work or budget, had they simply been better thought out in the first place. So that's what I meant bugs me about Illusion. That they demonstrate that they have all the resources that they need, but waste the potential.

Kinda like a high budget movie with a bad director. The special effects are on point, and the actors deliver their lines perfectly, but the rest is a mess of good ideas with bad implementation.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So this is basically Playclub with better, more realistic textures? Well, hopefully they at least overhaul the studio poser and add in different styles of clothes in the final game.

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Is this the same group that made Rapelay?

That was pretty hot for it's time, but looks dated by today's standards. The realism looks AMAZING in these shots, I am now praying it lets me customize body proportions beyond just breast. Alot of people have fetishes for other parts ie:butts/abs, or if you're me legs! I fully expect to waste a few days of my life on this if I can customize calves shape lol

Imagine a Battle-Fuck game like Erotical nights or MGQ with this level of visuals.... hnnng

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

First game I got to really play from Illusion was Schoolmate.

And from then on, I was kinda disappointed.

I mean, we had 3P and bukakke in one game, and from then on, the 3P and bukakke options were severely limited to non-existant in their games...

terence0709

Banned
Reputation score

Gentleman, The Beast has Finally been Released.

Kradretsamsama

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here is the torrent's link from sukebei:

sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2122519

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wooow I like this

Laurentius

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't even access Hongfire right now. lol. Their servers must be getting pounded by people trying to get more info.

Or is this normal for them these days?

chri087v

Reputation score

I can't even access Hongfire right now. lol. Their servers must be getting pounded by people trying to get more info.

Or is this normal for them these days?
When a new Illusion game is released, they're usually down for a while (overload)

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Game installed and runs well, I hope to god there is a partial in the weeks to come, because it is basically MENU CITY...

Fumbled around in the creator for 30 mins and was quite impressed, can't manage to get a single H-scene going though, will shelve this one for a month or two until someone hopefully does some of the menus, looks really good though!

KleptoLizard

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I know some Japanese so if you need some menu stuff translated just ask.
I'm too busy with my own game to work on the actual language patches.
But at least I can show you guys a few buttons if you get stuck.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know how to get the menus to be in English, like how some of the images in the initial post shows?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Does anyone know how to get the menus to be in English, like how some of the images in the initial post shows?
Pics probably made with the trial character creator.
Illusion release one before the game to show off.
Since illusion got a huge quantity of modder, they mod the menu to have it in english quickly, so they probably start doing it for the trial ....

Sadly, you often can't acces the site they work just after the release of an illusion game (overloaded :p ), like on hongfire.

Still, game is always different than the trial, so it probably take a few days for the first mod to eb avaible in non beta state.

asdfanon

Reputation score

Anyone have a translation for the character stats? The one that appears after you choose the girl.

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Uuuuh... Help? Really dunno what's wrong.

Attachments

Wahoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello !
It's saying that it didn't find the file obj.unity3d

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Eh...decent customization and some neat features but all with kind of lackluster animations. They just feel so stiff.

Hello !
It's saying that it didn't find the file obj.unity3d
I encountered the same thing. To fix it I extracted both of the disks into a folder and then installed it from there.

Last edited:

Code_NEET

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is it also for anyone else that, when you try to 'H' in the classroom the screen just stays black and doesn't progress at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.