What's new

In today's news...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Going so far as to reduce the shirt to it's atoms (honestly he could have just wrapped it around a canonball if he was really lazy) and sling them through god knows what sort of acceleration device.
Something with magnets propably, that's where you get the real speed out of, ask Hadron.

gun - safely above 2700 joules of energy
human punch - 300-700 joules of energy
Air gun - could easily produce 1500 joules of energy
T-shirt weighs around 135g, if we assume it has 300m/s, then that shirt will hit you with 400 joules of energy. In reality, it will probably be much more, but I am limiting it to 300m/s because most ASG don't go above that. Even with only that... 400 joules, how much is a punch by averages?
And your point being? You know, Slicer never disputed that it could hurt. He disputed that it'd do serious damage. Even before fact-checking your numbers, you say that something with at best the surface of a human fist, will punch you about as hard as a good human fist and thus would do a bit of damage? Well, yeah, the mascot was down, that was never in dispute. But I don't feel human fist is good enough. But besides that.

You used genuine numbers and math which I can fact check, even if you used a derived unit. Then again, Joules is just (Kg x m²)/s² or Newton metre. Your number for Joules for weapons seems off, I found smaller, with similiar calibre, but oh well, lets give you that.

Most air guns are limited by law. ASG with limit of 20 joules during pellet barrel release will be enough to hurt and leave a mark. Now, instead of 6mm plastic ball, you have a rolled up shirt doing the same.
But they are not doing the same. A 6 mm plastic ball has just that diametre. A T-shirt is far lager. I'll show you exactly why this is a false comparison.:

Now, if you want some math. T-shirt weighs around 135g, if we assume it has 300m/s, then that shirt will hit you with 400 joules of energy. In reality, it will probably be much more, but I am limiting it to 300m/s because most ASG don't go above that. Even with only that... 400 joules, how much is a punch by averages?
Alright Yoshi, I'ma do you a solid and pretend that every time you messed up velocity you ment not m/s but m/s², make this a little less brutal on you, k? I mean.. unless you insist on using a speed calculation in an impact-velocity scenario, in that case, you're beyond help though. Just go look up why Velocity is a Vector and Speed is a linear function, and yes, by now we're not in basic high school physics anymore.
The energy your projectile can impart is dependant on more factors than just 20 joules on barrel release.
Any gunowner with a bit of experience will tell you about ammunition that, the greater it's weight, the lower it's velocity and vice versa. How does that work?

Well, you are putting 20 Joules not into a small plastic ball, but into 135 gramms of T-shirt, trying to accelerate it, somehow, to 300 m/s². Almost immediatly this should feel wrong. You lift a weight with 10 kg, and then lift a weight with 135 kg, exerting the same force, which one can you lift higher? (With the 10 gramm comparison I'm highballing the ~2.5 g air gun pellets taken from this source and not even considerign classical airsoft pellets, which I think you refer to, ) It doesn't add up. Here's the math to prove your math wrong:

Now, what are we actually dealing with here, formula wise. NEWTON HELP!
Force equals Mass times Acceleration. Newtons second law can help us here as what we want is to check Yoshi's claims about acceleration and
We have the mass of the T-shirt, and the Force working on it, 20 Joules, so our formula would look like this:
20 (N/m)= 0.135 Kg x X m/s²
Physically savy people will realize we need to get that one m away to properly do my calculation. So now we need the barrel size of a T-shirt gun. Luckily, there are build it yourself instructables that state you need 36 inch length and 2 inch diametre or 91,44 and 5,08 cm.
Now we need to calculate the volume of our cylindre, radius x radius x height.
First, divide 5.08 by 2, that gives you the radius of 2.54 . 2.54 x2.54 = 6.4516
91.44 x 6.4516 = 589.92 for the total volume of our T-shirt gun, as this was in cm, we're at 5.89 metres.
That's 20N/5.89 m tells us we got only 3.1 Newton working on our pellet. Can that be right? Let's solve for a pellet to make sure! For a 10 g pellet, just to see if our calculations fall in the ballpark of the expected acceleration. 10 gramm makes 0.01 kg, using our above formula, Newton equals kilogram times velocity
3 N = 0.01 kg X m/s²
Solve for X
3 N/0.01 Kg = X m/s² Divide and add all the things on one side:
X N/kg = 300 m/s² Our Formula is not just a bit correct. It's flawless within the speed margin Yoshi presented earlier. Neato!
WAIT! The physics guys among you say. You got all these units here pervy, what about them? No I don't! I got N/kg and m/s², let me wizard all of that away by dividing! N/kg is another derived unit i can wizard away using the SI unit conversion:
X m/s² = 300 m/s², Dividing either side by m/s² is the same as multiply with s²/m, leaving you with nothing but X= 300, tada! We just did physics together folks! Always remember to carry the annoying units, they should all disappear in the end if you did your calculations right. (Of course, the physics cracks already knew the units would disappear, this is Newtons second after all)
By the by, I am aware that military or hunting weaponry can reach faster velocity, but that's the difference you have comparing a rifle ment for shooting things dead vs shooting t-shirts at a crowd, I'd presume.

Now. After checking our calculus to be sure, we can do the same for mass = 135 g and have the units equal out one another immediatly.:

3 = 0.135 X
3 / 0.135 = X
X = 22. About what I'd expected, ballpark wise.

So! No, we wont be moving at 300 m/s T-shirt vs pellet with just 20 Joules of power, even in a best case scenario, We'll be moving at 22 m/s. all discounting Air resistance, impact zone damage and whatnot, your very math is wrong, because you got some basic physics wrong, quite daring from someone that snidely demanded others go back to school. All it would have taken not to make this mistake would be a quick look up on what Joules actually are. Of course your subsequent conclusion on actual energy imparted is also wrong. I mean, hey, I'm certainly no expert, infact I suck at advanced math stuff, so feel free to double check my math, I'd be suprised if you found me wrong and amazed if you managed to do that and act like an adult, but I think the calc is solid.

You, whoever upthumbed him? Think about what units can mean, don't be tricked. Joules, Kcal and Newton are among the most interesting units, in my opinion, they are involved in food, in explosions, they are often involved in weird science scams too though, for some further watching for those interested:

So, in the end we learn that the T-Shirt wont be like the punch of a karate master, more like a slight slap. A slap at close up range on your genitalia will hurt and take you out shortly.. about enough to still wave at the audience, which is exactly what happened, I'd guess, in addition with the malfunction possibly increasing the psi of the damage.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
For kek go right to the bottom.
Something with magnets propably, that's where you get the real speed out of, ask Hadron.

And your point being? You know, Slicer never disputed that it could hurt. He disputed that it'd do serious damage. Even before fact-checking your numbers, you say that something with at best the surface of a human fist, will punch you about as hard as a good human fist and thus would do a bit of damage? Well, yeah, the mascot was down, that was never in dispute. But I don't feel human fist is good enough. But besides that.
500 joule punch is below average. Average arm weight is around 12kg.
You used genuine numbers which I can fact check, even if you used a derived unit. Then again, Joules is just (Kg x m²)/s² or N x m.
I hope I did, though, I don't expect much margin, been a while since I looked into that.
But lets look at your numbers first. Numbers on guns: False Calibre size and velocity, aka km/h of a bullet vary, but I could easily google up examples of a gun with only 460 joules, more on that one below.
Statement two on human punches: Dividing your max number of 700 J by 0.178,
Mike Tyson asks for you to add additional 800-1000J to that. This is already a problem. Average person will probably not punch you with 700J. 300-400 at best. In terms of groin damage, I doubt some joe schmoe could even hook someone with force like that, considering position and other muscles that will be used for it. Kicking will have a better effect... kicks on average tend to be more effective even if someone doesn't know how to, so that already adds some power... But for the sake of it, sure.
the standard glove size, I get 3932.58426966 N, Considering Human punches cap at 5000 N I'll say it's close enough.
Weird... That's a lot. Are we talking about some Billy here or trained guy? Though, we are going with 700J so probably latter one.
Number 3, Joules in an air gun. You say that it can easily produce 1500 joules of energy. I'd like to see that, because usual hunting rifles, for big game hunting, range from 170 to 620 Joules.
The highest things I could find, with a license were not much above that. And. To be clear, these are military grade weapons fierying with big bore bullets. This self declared worlds most powerful airgun:

With about 1000 fps (a pressure you would not get with a T-shirt), shooting a .50 Bullet, could have a maximum output of about 2222 Joule. So easy... no, not at all, let's strike out that easy you put there and clarify that optimistically, you are looking at something like 600 Joules muzzle yield. But, since you are gonna struggle harder soon, let's give you a custom build, high yield air rifle of 2k Joules.
My bad, I had air cannons in mind (or potato gun or whatever it's called). Also, what T-shirt has to do with creating a pressure? That's not how those things work. You create pressure in different chamber and then simply open the valve. Just like shotgun is not purely close-range weapon. You are aware that object you are shooting out of those things doesn't create tight seal? Shit, it can as well be half of the pipe size.
Dunno, maybe I got wrong idea, but to me it sounds like you assumed you are creating a pressure with shirt as a seal. Not going to work, not possible to build enough pressure.
Those are the basics. If fundamentals aren't set properly, the building will fall, that why I am being stingy here.
So let's look back to our 460 Joules vs a Human punch. We all agree that a bullet hurts more than a human punch, doesn't it?
Yeah, it's called a surface. There is a reason why we aren't shooting flat projectiles but pointy (or rounded) things.
Well, Don't be decieved by this dumbass, the reason we use Newton and NOT Joules to calculate impact energies is because you really can't compare the Joules in a punch, or a T-Shirt.. with the Joules in a bullet.
So... we created a unit to compare energy but... mkay.
Here's why.
As I already calculated earlier, you need to divide your Joules by the surface you impact with, the same reason a sword cutting you is a serious problem, while a base-ball bat cutting you wouldn't do much.
Yeah, it's called a surface.
The surface of a fist we Just got into, 5000 Newton max.
Now what about the surface of the entry point of a bullet that has, let's say for ease of progress, 2700 Joules as Yoshi states. Well, you know why 9 mm calibre's are called that.. that's right, they're 9 mm in calibre. So, now we divide 2700/m, with a milimetre being a hundreth of a metre, thats 2700 J/ 0.09 M = 30.000 N That's 6 times a human punches energy at the area of impact. Even a small, low calibre gun Delivers 4000 N of force, enough to cut through skin, flesh, lodge itself into bones afterwards.. oh look, that's about what guns are known to do.
So... FMJ then? Because hollow points are known for doing something way different and do behave different. FMJ doesn't lose as much energy while going through a body as much as HP does due to expanded surface of the latter.
Now.. do you start to understand the problem? The greater it's size, the less energy it can impact
Newton called to tell you that energy is never lost. What you wanted to say is that with bigger surface, impact is spread more evenly. Amount of energy doesn't change, it's not less, it's the same. That's why it's easier to puncture a skin with a knife tip than a finger. And funny random fact for everyone: train wheel and track touching surface is small as fuck, which is part of why it's economical as fuck and why trains suck going up/down hill.
But this is just the start of it.
Okay.
You fool Yoshiki! I haven't even gotten to your calculation yet! Why would you earlier be so snide if you yourself don't know the very basics of physics, the difference between derived units and why you don't use them for calculations!
The energy your projectile can impact is dependant on more factors than just 20 joules on barrel release. the greater it's weight, the lower it's velocity and vice versa. The greater it's weight, the less energy it can impact!

Alright Yoshi, I'ma do you a solid and pretend that every time you messed up velocity you ment not m/s but m/s², make this a little less brutal on you, k? I mean.. unless you insist on using a speed calculation in an impact-velocity scenario, in that case, you're beyond help though. Just go look up why Velocity is a Vector and Speed is a linear function, and yes, by now we're not in basic high school physics anymore.
Umm... Not to fuck up your thing here but... We measure how fast things were going at a certain point in time, not their acceleration unless stated otherwise. Of course there will be a change, there are many factors to include. I know it's your gotcha moment, but I clearly stated a limit, certain point in time.
Also, yes, we are still in basic high middle school (age 13-16) level of physics. At least, it was back in the day, dunno how much it changed now. Then again, they don't teach integrals in HS anymore, so who knows?
You are putting 20 Joules not into a small plastic ball, but into 135 gramms of T-shirt, trying to accelerate it, somehow, to 300 m/s².
Trying to accelerate a thing to 300m/s2
accelerate a thing to 300m/s2
accelerate to 300m/s2
Not accelerate AT 300m/s2?
Mkay... This is getting better.
10 Grains, the weight of an air gun pellet, are about 0,647989 gram. Now, according to: the max-speed this can fire is indeed about 300 m/s, 350 tops.
That's the velocity of a lightweight pellet.
The part where your calculation is faulty is that you simply decide that somehow you can use those same 20 Joules to accelerate your T-shirt of 135 gram equally to a bullet that has not even close to 10% of that mass. And you even claim you can go way higher. YOU FOOL! Go back to school!
I will accelerate my back to school to 300m/s2. Fucking irony.
You, whoever upthumbed him? Think about what units can mean, don't be decieved.
Dude, you are breaking apart. Did it really hit you that hard? I am not even sure if you are fucking around or actually having a breakdown.
Now, what are we actually dealing with here, velocity wise. NEWTON HELP!
Force Equals Mass Times Acceleration.
We have the mass of the T-shirt, and the Force working on it, 20 Joules, so our formula would look like this:
20 (N/M)= 0.135 Kg x X m/s²
Physically savy people will realize we need to get that one M away to properly do my calculation. So now we need the barrel size of a T-shirt gun. Luckily, there are build it yourself instructables that state you need 36 inch length and 2 inch diametre or 91,44 and 5,08 cm.
Now we need to calculate the volume of our cylindre, radius x radius x height.
First, divide 5.08 by 2, that gives you the radius of 2.54 . 2.54 x2.54 = 6.4516
91.44 x 6.4516 = 589.92 for the total volume of our T-shirt gun, as this was in cm, we're at 5.89
That's 20N/5.89 tells us we got only 3.1 Newton working on our pellet. Can that be right? Let's solve for a pellet to make sure! For a 10 g pellet, just to see if our calculations fall in the ballpark of the expected acceleration. 10 gramm makes 0.01 kg, using our above formula, Newton equals kilogram times velocity
3 N = 0.01 kg X m/s²
Solve for X
3 N/0.01 Kg = X m/s² Divide and add all the things on one side:
N/kg X = 300 m/s² Our Formula is not just a bit correct. It's flawless within the top speeds we looked up earlier. Neat! WAIT! The physics guys among you say. You got all these unitst here pervy. No I don't! I got N/Kg and M/s, let me wizard all of that away by dividing! N/kg is another derived unit i can wizard away using the SI unit conversion:
Mx s² = 300 m/s², Dividing either side by m/s² is the same as multiply with s²/m, leaving you with nothing but X= 300, tada! We just did physics together folks! Always remember to carry the annoying units, they should all disappear in the end if you did your calculations right.
By the by, I am aware that the Air-gun folks I linked achieved that velocity with three to four times smaller gun pellets, But that's the difference you have comparing a rifle ment for shooting things dead vs shooting t-shirts at a crowd, I'd presume.

Now. We can do the same for M = 135 g.

3 N = 0.135 X
3 N/ 0.135 )= X
X = 22. About what I'd expected, ballpark wise.

So! No, we wont be moving at 300 m/s T-shirt vs pellet We'll be moving at 22 m/s. all discounting Air resistance, your very math is wrong, because you got some basic physics wrong.. oh. and the T-Shirt wont be like the punch of a karate master, more like a slight slap. A slap at close up range on your genitalia will hurt and take you out shortly.. about enough to still wave at the audience, which is exactly what happened.
Sigh... It's not that calculations are wrong, it's the details. You put on limitations based on stuff I said but... You just didn't read properly and that's where you fucked it. Basic question, how much energy an object, moving at 300m/s, with 135g mass will have? I already answered that. Of course, it's still lower than what it had when leaving the barrel.
Next, in your example we are moving with around 80Km/h, which is stupidly slow, but those are limitations you put in. The problem with this is first, object itself, second air and other stuff. Are you certain that what you saw in that video could even take place with that? Actual speed will be probably way more but not as much as I used, which would be insane. Why not my speed? Well, about that...
I am shocked you didn't pick it up right away... well, no one did it seems, no fun.
What speed did I used for that? What is the fucking speed of sound? You could literally write two sentences instead of a letter to ministry of I don't care. I am a dick, you know?
If we were playing a game, I would be saying "hot, hot!". The thing is, you would be right on track, but since blinded, you wouldn't see that huge crevice and fall right into it. Did I mention I am a dick?

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
American (fresh) troops arriving at the western front in WW1 is often seen as the reason why German politicians threw in the towel, and WW2 was fought pretty much entirely with US made equipment on the allies and at times even soviet side. It's true they didn't win the war by fighting, except against Japan, but they certainly did influence a lot of things by taking a side. And that includes on Europe in WW2, they may not have officially declared war, but they were shipping guns and ammo to just about anyone fighting the Germans at the time so they practically were already in.

And as you said, the agencies are not thinking long term. But I'll add that often they are working against eachother(See also Mexico and them supplying guns to cartels, while a different agency is wondering where all these new guns came from and trying to get rid of them). It seems like the entire US, agencies and government included, is more along the lines of different factions that are all technically united under the US but in practice they just do whatever their faction wants.
But then Iran wouldn't even have had a religious theocracy as their leadership if the US agencies just stayed out of there instead of trying to instal their own dictator instead. They had a guy who was trying to modernize the shit and make everything better, but he didn't give them enough immediate profit.

Shit's basically fucked as soon as any US agency starts operating in your country.

edit: Thats a lot of big posts up there

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
@XSI: Like I said, US "intervention" is a shit-show. Moving on...

SPOILER ALERT

If you haven't heard about the KerotheWolf thing going on, kindly back away now and protect yourself. Much of the following contains explicit material which a lot of viewers will find highly objectionable. It contains furries doing disgusting things (even for furries, let that sink in for a moment), so if you do insist on proceeding, you've been warned.

I won't even directly link the KerotheWolf stuff. You have to go to the spoilered site and access it there. It is a really terrible, disgusting, horrific situation, and something I can't believe the media is so crassly ignoring.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
The father/son shootout seems like it´s got more going on than just some shooting. Watched the video and it was a guy, with a baseball bat, yelling "I'm going to kill you!" at two people who were holding guns and calmly saying "Back off", while he keeps coming closer. I'm pretty sure it counts as self-defence at that point

That second link is not available in my region, or so it says. So fuck if I know

And then there's always someone doing horrible things, can't really get worked up over it, I just hope they get themselves caught and everything works out for justice

Some news I'll add on my own, for those who prefer the less serious news

Aggressive goats, with taste for human urine, are airlifted out of park

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
The father/son shootout seems like it´s got more going on than just some shooting. Watched the video and it was a guy, with a baseball bat, yelling "I'm going to kill you!" at two people who were holding guns and calmly saying "Back off", while he keeps coming closer. I'm pretty sure it counts as self-defence at that point

That second link is not available in my region, or so it says. So fuck if I know
Weird, works for me.
Anyway, here you go, whole article:
"(It's) another tragic event for us here in Harford County," Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler said. "At this time, I can confirm that there are seven people who have been shot in today's incident, including the shooter. Three people are suffering from injuries that they are expected to survive. Three others are victims of our shooter who lost their lives here today."

The sheriff said deputies were called at 9:06 a.m. to reports of a shooting at the Rite Aid Distribution Center in the 1500 block of Perryman Road in the area of Spesutia Road. Gahler said deputies and first responders were at the scene in just over five minutes, and rendered first aid where appropriate.

"We have responders here from the federal government who were on scene within minutes -- the FBI, the DEA, the ATF, the (Maryland) State Police, the MDTA Police, the Natural Resources (Police), the local municipal departments of Aberdeen, Havre de Grace and Bel Air," Gahler said. "You can't have enough police, and you can't have them fast enough."

Two victims died at the scene and a third victim died at a hospital. Gahler said three shooting victims who suffered injuries are expected to survive.

The sheriff identified the victims Friday. Those who died in the shootings were:

• Sunday Aguda, 45, of Baltimore County
  • Brindra Giri, 41, of Baltimore County
  • Hayleen Reyes, 21, of Baltimore City
Those who were injured in the shootings were:

• Hassan Mitchell, 19, of Harford County
  • Wilfredo Villegas, 45, of Montgomery County
  • Purna Acharya, 45, of New York
The sheriff said authorities do not believe there is any additional threat to the community.

The sheriff said a single weapon -- a 9-mm Glock handgun -- was used in the incident and that no shots were fired by law enforcement officers at the scene.

"It appears, again, as I said this morning, that she was armed with one handgun and several magazines. No shots were fired by any law enforcement responder," Gahler said.

Suspect dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound to her head
Gahler said the suspect is a 26-year-old woman who was a temporary employee.

"She had reported for her workday as usual, and around 9 a.m. the shooting began, striking victims both outside the business and inside the facility. We do not, at this time, have a motive for this senseless crime," Gahler said.

The sheriff said the shooter died at a hospital from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to her head.

"Our suspect is a lone female suspect, age 26, who had a last known address in Baltimore County. She has died at the hospital from fatal injury, a self-inflicted gunshot wound," Gahler said.

Citing to multiple sources, the 11 News I-Team identified the 26-year-old woman as Snochia Moseley, who has a list of addresses linked to her. The Sheriff's Office later confirmed the identity.

"She's not on the radar at all," a law enforcement source told the I-Team.

Officials are still investigating a motive and they are not sure if the victims were targeted.

"I do not know how well they knew each other. She was employed there. Apparently it was not her first day, so there had to be some knowledge of the suspect by the employees of the business," Gahler said.

The 11 News I-Team's Lisa Robinson reached a woman believed to be related to Moseley via telephone. The woman hung up saying, "I just lost my daughter."

People at a house linked to Moseley declined to comment, with one man only saying "We don't have anything to say right now," the I-Team's David Collins reported.

Neighbors said they were shocked.

"It's very real. You don't know where it's going to happen, who it's going to happen to. It's just very scary and I just pray for all of them. They will need all the strength they can muster to get through this," said neighbor Brigitte Kent. "You don't know what's going on in her mind, and a lot of times you don't know. You don't see any type of warning signs to watch for. People just suffer in silence."

Another woman who lives in the neighborhood spoke with 11 News, but did not want to be identified.

"What makes someone do something like that? What is it? Twenty six years old. You haven't done anything at 26. Nothing at all at 26," the neighbor said. "Every time you hear something, it comes closer to somebody else's home, somebody else's school, workplace. It comes closer. It's right here! I had no clue that her family lived this close."

1537878692497.gif

Suspects family area gathering inside this house. Several people had been on the portch crying loudly, some hysterically. One person said we are trying to figure out what happened.
— David Collins (@dcollinsWBAL)

Hospitals receive injured shooting victims
Hospitals reported receiving injured patients from the shooting.

Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center trauma director Dr. Raymond Fang said the hospital received four people with gunshot wounds. He said at 2:30 p.m. that two patients were stable and two others were seriously injured.

"There were some significant injuries," Fang said.

Fang said the patients were out of surgery, and there were wounds to the upper torso. He believes everyone had one gunshot wound each.

Christiana Care Health System in Delaware reported receiving one injured person.

It was unclear why the number of injured victims reported by the hospitals did not match the number of injured victims that the sheriff announced. Hospital officials referred 11 News to the Sheriff's Office.

School buses were seen Thursday afternoon shuttling employees away from the distribution center. A family reunification center was opened at the Level Volunteer Fire Company, but officials closed it around 5:30 p.m. Officials said that anyone seeking information about a loved one involved in the shooting should go to the Harford County Sheriff's Office's Southern Precinct.

The Harford County Information Hotline is 410-838-5800 for people trying to get in touch with family and loved ones.

Harford County Executive Barry Glassman said officials are working to reunite displaced workers with loved ones.

"We really reach out to those families that are suffering right now that lost loved ones and offer our services as we begin to get them reunified, not only with loved ones lost, but with workers that have been displaced," Glassman said.

Glassman took a moment to thank law enforcement and medics for their response, and paused to reflect.

"We unfortunately have perfected this, and I hope that we don't have to do this again in the next 10 years, or ever, but we've got a lot of problems in this country to solve to bring these kinds of incidents to a closure," he said.

Rite Aid released a statement to 11 News, saying, "We are deeply saddened by the events that transpired this morning at the Liberty support facility, which is part of Rite Aid's Perryman Distribution Center in Aberdeen, Md. Local authorities have confirmed that there are multiple fatalities and casualties.

"We are continuing to work closely with authorities as they conduct their investigation. The facility has been closed and we are assessing when it will be reopened. Grief counselors will be made available to our associates and will remain available as long as they are needed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved in this tragic incident, as well as their loved ones."

1537878692524.gif
ulocal

Glassman said he provided Gov. Larry Hogan an update on the situation.

"(Hogan) offered all of his resources available under state government," Glassman said.

Glassman said that first responders in the county train for this type of incident.

"Every agency performed at the top of their profession and the response from all our allied agencies was great," Glassman said. "I am thankful to all agencies that came out to help us today."

"This happens all too frequently and it's a tragic situation. We are so proud of the work of our first responders, the work that they do entering places, where there is incredible risk and danger in order to bring as much calm as possible," U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin said.

At this time the Harford County Sheriffs Office would anyone that may still be in the building to dial 911 so deputies can locate you​
— Harford Sheriff (@Harford_Sheriff)

Witness describes harrowing scene
A witness, Bo, who did not want to share his last name, described the scene.

"We were like two blocks over when we got completely bombarded by -- I'm not exaggerating -- 20-30 cops, and then ambulances and everything started pouring in. At that point, they blocked us in and we tried to turn around," Bo said. "They're telling us that there is an active shooter."

Alexi Scharmann told WBAL-TV 11 News her mother works inside the Liberty building at the distribution center. She said her mother texted her that there was a shooter inside the building.

1537878692547.gif
"Everybody there is so tight-knit. There's not that many people that work there. Everybody is so nice over there, that's why it's a shock," Scharmann said.

While there is security and metal detectors in an adjacent building, Scharmann said the Liberty building where her mother works does not have the same safeguards.

Scharmann said she heard from her mother in a text at 10:33 a.m., saying, "I am outside and safe. I love you."

Bo, who said he lives on Aberdeen Proving Ground, said the area is wooded and has nearby schools.

"This happened inside the warehouse (on Perryman Road)," Bo said. "They called a bunch of EMS and they told us they were carrying out another five victims."

Bo said the response from police and paramedics was swift.

"We didn't know what to do. They were coming in groups of 10. I am not joking, and they were running people off the road. There was even an accident and a head-on collision dead in front of us at a stoplight because they were literally throwing people off the road. They were going," Bo said.

Church Creek Elementary School was placed on modified lockdown for a portion of the day.

A nearby church opened its doors Thursday to those grieving

Cranberry United Methodist Church opened its doors to a grieving community Thursday.

"I'm actually a pastor over at Presbury United Methodist Church in Edgewood, as well, and last year around this time, we were grieving yet another loss of life from a mass shooting there in a workplace. So it was one of those moments where your heart just sinks, because we say, 'Oh my goodness not again,'" said the pastor Tiffany Patterson.

Cranberry United Methodist Church will hold a community prayer vigil Friday at 7 p.m.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
The absolute state of UK police:
Tiny boy trying to enforce the law, getting pissed that he has been told to buzz off and can't say more because he is on camera (though, something tells me he would need a backup to arrest a kid on the playground). You see him smiling? Yeah, that's exactly that. Dear UK, don't stop hiring wimps to do the man's job, not when you reached retardation of this level.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Seemed more like the officer was abusing his power and knew it, people can get fired for less (if recorded and/or gets picked up by media, anyway).

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
That seems about right
The way it looks, he's trying to just annoy the guy and harass him. Bruised ego, maybe?

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah in this case it's just one butthurt guy with a badge most likely but i'm reminded about the John Lang story.

It's old news, and needs grains of salt but it feels just weird even after they ruled it as a suicide.

TL ;DR/W:
John Lang was a resident of Fresno, CA who uncovered a very questionable licence plate scanning operation(?) by local law enforcement, and when he confronted them about it, suddenly cops show up all over his place and even scan his house using thermal imaging equipment (something you'd generally do when you suspect people are using grow lamps or what have you)
After much annoyances he is found dead after his house burns down with multiple stab wounds.

Story itself is all over the place but still got me thinking. Supposedly it ended with a suicide according to a ruling but still.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
That thing nobody cared about or used, Google+, is shutting down after they failed to coverup a bug that exposes everyone's data

Google+ to shut down after coverup of data-exposing bug
But then there's this showing the truth of it
90 percent of Google+ sessions were less than 5 seconds
Nobody wanted it to begin with, they just tried to force people onto it and people did the bare minimum before closing out so they could get back to the things they did want to do
Google+ will be changed to be an enterprise thing now, which is basically saying "We have more money to throw away, so we're going to keep trying what we already know doesn't work"

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well, all I can say is: Fuck google Alphabet. It's just another retarded abomination that crawled out of Silicon Valley. But they do have way more than enough money, so they will stay for quite some time. After that that will go away anyway, probably in shame and piss like rest of their friends from same shithole.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
And in response to the previous link, I got linked this

Google admits they prefer 'safety and civility' over free speech
With them deciding what is safe and civil, of course

They proceed to explain that it's Trump and the users of the internet at fault, because they're 'mis-using' freedom of speech. And that they coincidentally should develop censorship tools anyway to break into the Chinese market, while at the same time pointing out a legal loophole that says it's only illegal if they admit it's to censor people they disagree with, and not if they just declare themselves a 'publisher'
Clearly, someone needs to censor them to show them why censorship is not a good thing. Perhaps with some fines involved, some public humiliation, and laws patching those loopholes to ban censorship properly

Edit: May as well add more

South Africa’s Zulu nation joins white farmers in fight against government land seizures
The Zulu king has no technical power, but he is still a leader. So this is a pretty big deal for any politicians trying to get reelected

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well yeah, that's google Alphabet for you. And no, giving them same treatment to teach them a lesson wouldn't work. Keep in mind a mentality of privileged kids that don't know anything and want the world to be shaped with their vision as it's the "correct one". If they would get censored, it would only turn into autistic screeching that it's not fair and they are under attack because [insert dumb reason here]. No lesson would be learned, it doesn't work when dealing with religious ideology, and yeah, that's the best term considering actions we see. What does work is ignoring them and other thing. There are alternatives and while only tiny percent will switch to those, rest won't until they realize it's too late. Generally speaking, Internet, due to who owns main hardware portion of it, is pretty much a monopoly. Only thing that does stand true is the fact that nothing lasts... Fortunately, in terms of web space, 1 year is like a decade, so deterioration is much, much faster.
I would agree on public shaming and humiliation, as it is the other thing that does work, because it makes shamed morons run to their little basement to hide and wait until getting same shit again.

For the farmers issue, it's well summed up already in the article:
"The Zulu nation I’m talking about will not exist if we don’t have food. That’s why I say farmers must come closer so that we discuss what we can do when we talk about agriculture and the availability of enough food in the land. That’s why I’m asking AfriForum of the Boers to come and help us,”

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I mean, google is just a company like any other. And we are experiencing a left-authoritarian shift most definitly. The right is still stupid but the left is proving it can be just as bad and stupid but not with as nice looking clothes.

What bugs me the most is that this is gonna be a wildfire under the donald loyalists.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I mean, google is just a company like any other.
This is why people screw up when dealing with this issue, which isn't anything to be ashamed of as not everyone is required to know about the field. Neither google, FB or Twitter are 'just a company like any other'. Never in our history companies like this had access to so much private data, nor any were using advanced algorithms to sift through all that information, automated creation of profiles and being able to follow every step of a person without a single human needing to take a look. This is not something people are used to, even when we consider jokes like "big brother is watching". Anyone who dealt with cyber security on both software and human issues will tell you this is a nightmare.
And we are experiencing a left-authoritarian shift most definitly. The right is still stupid but the left is proving it can be just as bad and stupid but not with as nice looking clothes.
Yes and no. There is a huge difference in what common man says and what companies/celebrities say. Two different worlds. While from the latter you do see such shift, from population it's ignorance as to not be forced to deal with it, acceptance to not be forced to deal with it or backlash. Depending on issue, percentage of those three is in constant motion, not stale so it's not that simple to tell as "in general".
Though, it doesn't really matter if it's left or right, both extremes are as bad. Both sides have same issue of assuming they are correct and their ideology will bring good while nothing bad will happen to themselves. Which is of course - wrong. Other than tiny group, everyone will get fucked. And... Both sides are religious like ideologies in case of extremes, but without any end-goal like in case of any religion (which would be a God in most). A car without breaks is a formula for tragedy.
Problem with left progressiveness is not because of what it want to achieve, but in methods it uses to do it. We already reached top of this ideology and are on the downfall, that's why it's starting to look bad. Rise of right-wing views is default backlash to that. We [as humanity] have been there more than few times so it's nothing new, but spreading speed is new thanks to Internet, thus why it seems so aggressive from both sides. As in, there is no natural growth or deterioration, everything is on crack, running like stupid without time for break. Without that, unavoidable social tensions tend to grow faster and harsher in magnitude. As history told us many times, this will simply end in deaths and showing worst side of humanity, which every single human on this planet is capable of doing.
What bugs me the most is that this is gonna be a wildfire under the donald loyalists.
Again, Trump loyalists are as bad as Hilary loyalists or whoever is going to run for that job. Generally, if someone wants to discuss politics or religion, one needs to forget what emotions are, otherwise it's going to be turned into a shittalk sooner or later. But that wildfire is not wrong, however... Can be avoided. As long as left... or more like, progressive extremist will give enough time for people to take a breath, backlash will be so small to almost being invisible... Which is not going to happen as everything already is in motion and impatience mixed with feelings instead of cold blooded thinking is the main "reason". For both sides.

tl;dr We are fucked one way or another, let it burn and try again later, big deal.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I mean, google is just a company like any other. And we are experiencing a left-authoritarian shift most definitly.
Yeah, not really. In the past two years, your "left-authoritarian shift" has been losing steam, mostly because the MSM presents the more extreme, fringe persons as the most credible representatives of the ideology and the right-leaning media like FOX are all too content to play their game and win every engagement. Even if you present someone who is a reasonable, balanced liberal (lol), they're immediately drowned out by 500 chimpanzees screeching about "MUH FEMINISM" or "MUH HITLER COMPARISON" or "ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS PLEASE PURGE". The right definitely has its fringe nuts, but unlike the left, we're more aggressive in denouncing the nuts rather than encouraging their insanity in public forums.

The right is still stupid but the left is proving it can be just as bad and stupid but not with as nice looking clothes.
As @Yoshiiki pointed out, yes and no. Yes, the right has stupid people. We're generally not as permitting with their stupidity and either tell them to "get smart" or fuck off. The left encourages the stupid, embraces its lack of self-censoring and actively promotes it. The right's "stupid people" are, by comparison, more appealing because they're not given as large a public forum as the right-wingers who, while provocative and/or "fringe", are also reasonable. Not all of them, but a good number that are in the public eye.

Compare that with left-wingers like Boogie or Anita, whose public and private dealings aren't just well-known, but under constant scrutiny because they're constantly fucking up and refusing to take responsibility. You also have CNN, and idiots like Stephen Colbert pushing a one-sided narrative to benefit one side, and ironically losing support for that side because they refuse to acknowledge the bullshit of the left. If CNN or Colbert spent half as much time calling out Antifa or BLM on their stupid shit and calling for a denouncement of their fringe members; or, saying to the NFL "hey, it's great that you're protesting inequality, but can you not disrespect the same nation that has made you rich and famous by refusing to stand and honor the anthem and flag?"

Finally, the left has a tendency to blame whites for shit their ancestors did. Hell, everyone thinks Canada is so spotless, but let me tell you how shitty a country we were pre-Confederation. That is, when you put aside the revisionist history, you start to see that things weren't as bad as most claim. First and foremost, the South Americas took over 94% of slaves, wherein "white" nations like the UK and pre-civil war US only took about 6%. It was also a spread throughout the US. And it was actually European Christians who pushed for the slave trade to end. In places like the Middle East and Africa, it's still a common practice. Hell, blacks were selling each other as slaves prior to whitey showing up and taking them.

Basically, the left is so dumb they can't even history or current events properly. That, or they blissfully ignore it to favor their ass-backwards narrative.

It's already a wildfire, and not due to "Trump Loyalists" as you claim. If you bothered to go outside your safe space before and during the election, the narrative the majority of right-wingers and Trump supporters pushed was "don't engage violently with the left." Trump wasn't as much a "call to arms" or "inciter of violence" so much as he was a voice of moderate reason in the growing insanity. People flocked (and continue to flock) to his banner not out of some bullshit anti-immigrant or mass idiocy, but as a response to what they felt was an oppressive, aggressive political ideology attempting to march over them and stamp out the life they had. We saw in video games the concerning growth of the "sjw" movement as it started to hurt the medium more than help.

Nowadays, it's more obvious and pervasive because they over-reacted to one man saying some things they disagreed with, and that exposure has only gained them detractors and lost them support. It's only going to get worse for your left-authoritarian movement because people are tired of listening and being called down for having a different opinion. In terms of being on the "right side of history", the left simply isn't it.

Btw, it was left-leaning democrats who opposed emancipation, blacks getting the vote, and women getting the vote. So, yeah. the left is historically known for being shit at Human rights.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Yeah, not really. In the past two years, your "left-authoritarian shift" has been losing steam, mostly because the MSM presents the more extreme, fringe persons as the most credible representatives of the ideology and the right-leaning media like FOX are all too content to play their game and win every engagement. Even if you present someone who is a reasonable, balanced liberal (lol), they're immediately drowned out by 500 chimpanzees screeching about "MUH FEMINISM" or "MUH HITLER COMPARISON" or "ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS PLEASE PURGE". The right definitely has its fringe nuts, but unlike the left, we're more aggressive in denouncing the nuts rather than encouraging their insanity in public forums.

As @Yoshiiki pointed out, yes and no. Yes, the right has stupid people. We're generally not as permitting with their stupidity and either tell them to "get smart" or fuck off. The left encourages the stupid, embraces its lack of self-censoring and actively promotes it. The right's "stupid people" are, by comparison, more appealing because they're not given as large a public forum as the right-wingers who, while provocative and/or "fringe", are also reasonable. Not all of them, but a good number that are in the public eye.
Flip the table. Left people are as fast to denounce and throw shit at anyone who drops out of the ideology or says something that doesn't work. Right does exactly the same, even going as far to using censorship (if it was possible), but is forced to focus on public shaming. It's a matter more of what's considered "ok" and what's "bad". That's morality kind-of problem and will be different by group, country and so on, even universal bad things (killing) could not be seen as negative in another culture. Telling which one is correct is going to fail with proper arguments every time because morality is closely tied with emotional values. Economical view of which group is correct is more closer to truth. Example: Lack of food, too many people, killing solves the issue in the short run assuming amount of people will reach optimum or below food production. Second part is having enough births to rebuild lost population, if done properly, food production should be scaled up so it's growing with the population. While there are many other ways, in terms of effect, this one is fastest. Cruel? Sure. Immoral? Yeah, why not. Effective? Very.

Compare that with left-wingers like Boogie or Anita,
One is a conman with head screwed properly to suck money out of people. Other one is emotional terrorist and lying slut. Hint: Anita is was an effective conman. Boogie is a lying slut.
whose public and private dealings aren't just well-known, but under constant scrutiny because they're constantly fucking up and refusing to take responsibility. You also have CNN, and idiots like Stephen Colbert pushing a one-sided narrative to benefit one side, and ironically losing support for that side because they refuse to acknowledge the bullshit of the left. If CNN or Colbert spent half as much time calling out Antifa or BLM on their stupid shit and calling for a denouncement of their fringe members; or, saying to the NFL "hey, it's great that you're protesting inequality, but can you not disrespect the same nation that has made you rich and famous by refusing to stand and honor the anthem and flag?"
Desperation fucked many people before. Basically what it is, just wait for generation to die to see full power of desperation.
Finally, the left has a tendency to blame whites for shit their ancestors did.
So does right. Just mention of democrats being bad guys shitload of time ago.
Hell, everyone thinks Canada is so spotless, but let me tell you how shitty a country we were pre-Confederation. That is, when you put aside the revisionist history, you start to see that things weren't as bad as most claim. First and foremost, the South Americas took over 94% of slaves, wherein "white" nations like the UK and pre-civil war US only took about 6%. It was also a spread throughout the US. And it was actually European Christians who pushed for the slave trade to end. In places like the Middle East and Africa, it's still a common practice. Hell, blacks were selling each other as slaves prior to whitey showing up and taking them.
Doesn't matter what their ancestors did. Ones doing this today? Well, sounds like countries not compatible with the western values are acting like animals if that is correct. Quarantine, do not let out or in other than selling/buying resources, wait 100-200 years and see if they fixed their shit, if not, wait more. Cruel? Sure. Immoral? Yeah, why not. Effective? Very.
Basically, the left is so dumb they can't even history or current events properly. That, or they blissfully ignore it to favor their ass-backwards narrative.
Winners write history. Old saying is in place here: Don't sell the skin before you've caught the bear.

It's already a wildfire, and not due to "Trump Loyalists" as you claim. If you bothered to go outside your safe space before and during the election, the narrative the majority of right-wingers and Trump supporters pushed was "don't engage violently with the left." Trump wasn't as much a "call to arms" or "inciter of violence" so much as he was a voice of moderate reason in the growing insanity. People flocked (and continue to flock) to his banner not out of some bullshit anti-immigrant or mass idiocy, but as a response to what they felt was an oppressive, aggressive political ideology attempting to march over them and stamp out the life they had. We saw in video games the concerning growth of the "sjw" movement as it started to hurt the medium more than help.
I have to disagree. From what I saw, both sides were ready to engage and hoping to fight for the better world or whatever. I will agree that right took more defensive-teasing approach, while left had aggressive approach. Also, looking at types of people that were there... Well. Not surprised, weak people tend to fight when they think they can win (due to numbers or protection) while strong people don't go for unnecessary fight, even when they know they can win. No, not especially talking about physique, more of a mental state.
Nowadays, it's more obvious and pervasive because they over-reacted to one man saying some things they disagreed with, and that exposure has only gained them detractors and lost them support. It's only going to get worse for your left-authoritarian movement because people are tired of listening and being called down for having a different opinion. In terms of being on the "right side of history", the left simply isn't it.
Being tired of something doesn't necessary mean there will be action taken right away. Only reason things are taking place is due to information spread, normally it would require more than few generations for tensions to grow big enough for people to stand up. However, watching this whole processes at current rate, at this fast pace, is very educational and interesting in terms of behavioral analysis.
Btw, it was left-leaning democrats who opposed emancipation, blacks getting the vote, and women getting the vote. So, yeah. the left is historically known for being shit at Human rights.
This is leftists "whites did slavery" kind of argument. Just letting you know.

Before anyone says anything, I do not side with left or right, not interested in ideologies. Which one seems to bring better, stable economy and balanced death/birth ratio seems more worth than the other.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Flip the table. Left people are as fast to denounce and throw shit at anyone who drops out of the ideology or says something that doesn't work. Right does exactly the same, even going as far to using censorship (if it was possible), but is forced to focus on public shaming.
There's a significantly different approach in the west vs elsewhere, though. Speaking primarily on the west, the left is quick to publicly harass and shame anyone who disagrees with them, and lob baseless accusations. Now, contrast that with the right, who, during the process related to the previously-mentioned event, didn't say "all women are liars, you're a dumbass for believing them" but actually, "we aren't saying it never happens or women don't deserve to be believed, but in this instance, it's difficult to take this one woman's word based on the evidence presented." The only one who acted provocatively was Trump, and that was mostly because people expect it of him.

It's a matter more of what's considered "ok" and what's "bad". That's morality kind-of problem and will be different by group, country and so on, even universal bad things (killing) could not be seen as negative in another culture. Telling which one is correct is going to fail with proper arguments every time because morality is closely tied with emotional values. Economical view of which group is correct is more closer to truth. Example: Lack of food, too many people, killing solves the issue in the short run assuming amount of people will reach optimum or below food production. Second part is having enough births to rebuild lost population, if done properly, food production should be scaled up so it's growing with the population. While there are many other ways, in terms of effect, this one is fastest. Cruel? Sure. Immoral? Yeah, why not. Effective? Very.
I'll play against this kind of thinking. Morality is solely based on community values vs emotional. Yes, fringe "feel good" people exist and try to rally against the community's ideology because "MUH FEELS", but that's such an irrelevant populace up until it becomes so common that it must be addressed. This morality of emotion is now so common it must be addressed. Opposed? Maybe. Denigrated? Possibly. But to assume it's always an emotional fielding and not a communal failing is horribly misinformed. A community which doesn't cull the outliers and/or ostracize them for their beliefs which directly oppose that community will inevitably fall to ruin.

Hey, Yosh, Rome called.

One is a conman with head screwed properly to suck money out of people. Other one is emotional terrorist and lying slut. Hint: Anita is was an effective conman. Boogie is a lying slut.
That's both right and wrong. Boogie is an emotionally-abusive asshat whose recent ex-wife finally got tired of his shit and dropped him. He's now dating a goth slut or some shit and still calls his ex, claiming he still loves her. She wants none of it. He presents his position as purely a victim and the "outlier of the norm" for white males. Problem is, much of it is glory-hounding and trying to get people to empathize with his plight.

Anita is... wow. Do you have a few hours? If "conman" could summarize her, that would be fine and she'd be ultimately irrelevant, similar to Peter Molyneux.

Desperation fucked many people before. Basically what it is, just wait for generation to die to see full power of desperation.
Desperation drives the species to expose both its best and worst qualities. Here's a summary:

Basically, people are shit, and are excessively shitty when faced with their own mortality. It's only a handful who can manage to present the best despite hardship under duress.

So does right. Just mention of democrats being bad guys shitload of time ago.
You're equating outright, blatant racial antagonism and calling for its slaughter to a few guys calling a political party shit for its shitty behavior.

Doesn't matter what their ancestors did. Ones doing this today? Well, sounds like countries not compatible with the western values are acting like animals if that is correct. Quarantine, do not let out or in other than selling/buying resources, wait 100-200 years and see if they fixed their shit, if not, wait more. Cruel? Sure. Immoral? Yeah, why not. Effective? Very.
That's my point. Historically, even if white people did some shitty things (I'm now gonna pull a you and just say "European" to be all-encompassing.), the ancestors and a lot of current-day persons from the white race have made every effort to accommodate and make right. Sure, it's X-decades/millennia late, but that's aside the point. It happened. We acknowledge it. We now want to make sure a) those actions are never repeated, and b) that the current and future generations aren't meant to suffer for it.

Now, compare that to Africa and the ME where whites and Christians are heavily persecuted, enslaved, etc. They have no moral scruples on upending all the good will they've been granted despite allowances and excessive tolerance. Oh, but y'know, entitled white kids and persons in the media won't hesitate to blame whitey anyways cause some real dark shit happened several years ago. You also can't "quarantine" bad behavior. Putting aside the moral issues associated, it's a matter of acknowledging the root issue. You either strike the foundation, cripple the behavior and persons pushing it, or don't bother and let everyone else suffer.

You don't win a fight by blocking every punch.

Winners write history. Old saying is in place here: Don't sell the skin before you've caught the bear.

Sure. and when people who win nothing achieve power, they can rewrite whatever they want, right?

I have to disagree. From what I saw, both sides were ready to engage and hoping to fight for the better world or whatever. I will agree that right took more defensive-teasing approach, while left had aggressive approach. Also, looking at types of people that were there... Well. Not surprised, weak people tend to fight when they think they can win (due to numbers or protection) while strong people don't go for unnecessary fight, even when they know they can win. No, not especially talking about physique, more of a mental state.

Being tired of something doesn't necessary mean there will be action taken right away. Only reason things are taking place is due to information spread, normally it would require more than few generations for tensions to grow big enough for people to stand up. However, watching this whole processes at current rate, at this fast pace, is very educational and interesting in terms of behavioral analysis.

This is leftists "whites did slavery" kind of argument. Just letting you know.

Before anyone says anything, I do not side with left or right, not interested in ideologies. Which one seems to bring better, stable economy and balanced death/birth ratio seems more worth than the other.
I have to go in 2 minutes, but I want to address this last part. The main difference is that the right was passive-aggressive, yes. The left started swinging, and in defense, the right swung back. The main issue isn't a case of self-defense vs incitement of violence, but more how the persons tasked with recording and presenting the situation choose to frame it. It's a blatant inequality, telling people those "dastardly nazi's"-of which there aren't a ton in the media- are attacking Antifa and lefites. That's blatantly false, but a decreasing majority don't see or hear that side. They have to actively search for even-sided narratives, of which there are very few, if any.

The main issue isn't a lack of reasonable people, but a lack of fairness and equality being trumpeted around as the utmost fairness and equality. Hypocrisy is the defense of those who are aware they are hurting others and wanting to get away with it.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Brazilian elections anyone?

So to recap:
-previous favorite candidate was in jail for corruption
-Brazil decided to void his candidature
-Far right candidate get stabbed and suddenly become new favorite

Last edited: