What's new

In today's news...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Lemmy from Motorhead used to collect nazi memorabilia.

Cappy

Reputation score

Honestly, I don't think it's that weird that people collect Nazi memoribilia. It's probably the currently most remarked upon piece of history in the cultural mainstream, and has been for way longer than most war or terror related events. I mean, you don't get people still talking about the concentration camps and torturous evils the British have perpetrated in recent history, and there are religious genocides happening right now that nobody really seems to find interesting like the Nazi movement. And in a way, it does have this mysterious allure, the study of the occult, the human experimentation, the bizarre invention and use of hard drugs in the military. There's no denying that the whole thing is pretty interesting in it's own unique, morbid way.

Just don't get caught with nazi memoribilia in your closet, because it's probably harder to explain than other creepy hobbies, like a taxidermy collection, or sex dolls with moustaches like tom selleck.

Lurker
Reputation score

(Court says self defence, which is why he's not in jail)
Prosecutors actually tried very hard to just prove reasonable doubt, simply due to the lack of actual witnesses. Any arguments about Stand Your Ground law or self defense are mostly invented by the media.

Reactions: XSI

Cappy

Reputation score

Text dump on why having a dead set opinion on the Zimmerman trials is probably a mistake.

The whole george zimmerman fiasco is pretty retarded if you ask me. "activists" (Lookup; Violent Malcontents) who don't know the alleged victim personally at all immediately make a bunch of assumptions without any evidence and rail against the court system way before anything even happens, despite there being no decisive evidence, pretty much whatsoever. Yes, let's start convicting people based on emotions, solid reasoning.

And the people who are deadset on him being innocent are just as bad, because as previously mentioned there's no decisive evidence. Unless you know one of the parties involved personally, or are an attorney or some other relevant figure of authority, you really shouldn't be commenting on the validity of the case, or the alleged guilt or innocence in regards to murder. As for selling the gun for a profit, that doesn't prove anything other than resentment, desperation, or tastelessness. Certainly not murder.

However, when the police said that he should have left it alone and gone back home, and he didn't, that's probably cause for charges of some kind, especially considering the consequences, because in that he implicitly admits guilt. Too bad the general public like to blow things they clearly don't understand out of proportion, and ruin things for people who are capable of pathing a charge through more than one braincell in succession.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

sex dolls with moustaches like tom selleck.
Thats oddly specific. Well, we each have our own fetishes..

Cappy

Reputation score

I'm just saying, out of the like, 5 or 6 different kinds of male sex dolls I've seen, on movies or just randomly on the internet, at least 4 of them were rocking a selleck stache.

Coincidence? I think not.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not 'today's' news, but neat.

Cheers, luvs.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Not 'today's' news, but neat.

Cheers, luvs.
Aw, how are you supposed to get them in dynamic poses with retro joints like that? For any real ones, Blizz needs to strike a deal with Figma, or it's just no good.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

And in amusing, if somewhat saddening news

Austrian election!
The votes have been counted, and the nationalist party was winning until Antifa counted the mail-in votes.
Here's a city with over 100% of eligible voters voting

One city (Linz) reportedly had 598% of the population voting

Completely coincidentally, Antifa's favourite candidate won after they helped count.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm going to guess there won't be a repoll?

Postal votes were probably one of the worst election methods imagined.
Every election we have there's always atleast one candidate (usually labour or an independent muslim) that gets caught fiddling with postal votes.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

The difference in votes was apparently ~30k

So even a tiny bit of fraud would have been forging the entire election

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait, the political parties count the votes in Austria? :confused:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you're referring to Antifa, that's not a party. It's short for Anti-Fashist and is a catch-all term for leftist organizations, especially those actively working against right-wing and neonazi movements. I'd imagine that Hofer, Austria's right-wing presidential candidate, would bring them out in force.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Judge Campbell denies Gawker's motion for a new trial. She will not reduce the $140m damages at all. #hulkvsgawk

As for Antifa, they're not a political party, but they very clearly have a political goal and ideology. Definitely not impartial

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Usually made up of the stupid, the jobless welfare spongers, and spotty students that don't know any better.
You can normally recognise them by their moronic chantings such as "Nartzee skum, off our streets" whilst they are waving a red flag with the hammer and sickle on it - completely oblivious to the irony.

Failing that, they'll be the cunts lobbing bricks at police.

Cappy

Reputation score

Apparently, the guy funding Hogan's legal campaign is also the guy behind paypal, Peter Thiel. Weird how wrestling has made strangely political cameos lately.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Gawker founder looking to sell after losing Hogan judgment
I don't think words can adequately describe just how fucked Gawker is, but it's bad. It really is bad.
For them.

Everyone else cheers

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I have no words for this:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I bring thee gifts!
Gifts of obscure news!

A zoo keeper at Indonesia’s Surabaya zoo has landed in trouble after he was arrested and charged with impregnating a female orangutan, reports the Kalimantan Press.
Whether or not this is true remains to be seen

Edit from last year:

Surabaya Zoo denies rumours of orangutan sexually assaulted by staff
Edit2, possibly hoax

But again, from 2015

Last edited:

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

definitely a hoax