What's new

Patreon SIM Innocent Witches

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Innocent Witches

Since I've gone thru it now Im not quite sure if I want people to join my 'suffering' or if I should warn em :p
Might as well warn them. There's no game to Innocent Witches yet, just the visual novel part. Did they really call it a "beta"? It's more of a demo, and even that's charitable. When you're utilizing a third-party engine that already works, there's very little point in demonstrating that it can do the bare minimum of what it was designed to do. This is more of a very long, teaser or trailer for the game's story.

Is it me, or did they mainly rip stuff out of WT 1.6? The newspaper stuff didn't unlock, and the only things I noticed that seemed new were a few "CGs" during the last few favors. I use the sarcasm-quotes because aside from Hermione's copy-pasted head the artwork was of a quality that makes me think Sad Crab is trolling. There was a slightly modified ending, but it was still just text and different floating heads and chibis.

Alexandar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So was anything added or new in the Russian mod of Witch Trainer? The last version had a lot of stuff that was incomplete (like the new Slytherin new girl and the Newspaper route) but that's pretty much it. Is that still the case here?

Theodosius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anybody involved in beta test 0.0.2? Can you say something?

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nothing new, it seems ...

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

OMG the dialogue in the versio 0.0.3. It is so fucking clumsy and long winded... I love games with dialogue and plot (like Pillars of Eternity or Torment), but I actually deleted the game after reading for 15 mins.

Such promise wasted...

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Even if you troll everything in the dialogues, there's nothing to see ..... You can get a slightly better cleavage for Daphne and a timid skirt lifting from 1 of the other girls (which doesn't show panties/anything).

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OMG the dialogue in the versio 0.0.3. It is so fucking clumsy and long winded... I love games with dialogue and plot (like Pillars of Eternity or Torment), but I actually deleted the game after reading for 15 mins.

Such promise wasted...
The problem is that it seems kinda like broken English a lot of the time, apart from the beginning.
I hope they'll get better though.

^ Even if you troll everything in the dialogues, there's nothing to see ..... You can get a slightly better cleavage for Daphne and a timid skirt lifting from 1 of the other girls (which doesn't show panties/anything).
For me it's just the prologue, but a LONG one. It's OK, I like slow progressive corruption stories, but I'm really disappointed in how little they managed to do in nearly 1 year of existence and the possibility to have custom art with the patreon money.
Let's sum up what they have as of today:
- Original character designs and some chibis.
- Non proofread long prologue.
- 3 original background CGs I think?

All the rest is reused Akabur assets, like the headmaster room.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

All they did was add more exposition and setup? For real? That's disappointing.

What they dropped last year was already an intolerable wall of text. As I recall, it was just two or three dozen scenes in which it was established over and over that the new nurse or temporary headmaster or whatever had a natural and disturbing affinity for dark, horny magic he might turn on the students. But he was somehow the only choice for the job. And too much of the translation was along the lines of, "oh but knob of mine could do to sucked," to count as readable.

So what, now you can skip through the exposition, and get to a bunch of taxing private favors where after choosing all the right options, Daphne will undo the buttons on her blouse one-by-one, but only the first button is implemented?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Yep, and barely do it too. After all the useless going back and forth in the 4 girls dialogues to get the right path, you then spend ~a month writing the new school's rulebook, then the girls are somewhat "looser" in their morales and Daphne comes talking to you with 1 button less on her vest. Once. Then the demo is over.

Haxor101

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A dev team with a heavy reliance on stolen assets isn't delivering on content? But is demanding money anyways? Who could have seen that coming... :rolleyes:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think everybody suspected. Painfully slow, over-promised, and under-delivered is pretty much the pattern for Patreon devs, whether they're ripping assets or not. How Sand Crab came to the conclusion that the players were really aching for a purple prose epic with the same word count as the entire Harry Potter saga, and presumably with the first exposed anything making an appearance around about midway through the Goblet of Fire block of words, is what mystifies me.

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Was just in the process of getting this and came here. Glad I did now. The art is scrumptious, but I knew something was up when I saw nothing meaty in the screenshots.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think everybody suspected. Painfully slow, over-promised, and under-delivered is pretty much the pattern for Patreon devs, whether they're ripping assets or not. How Sand Crab came to the conclusion that the players were really aching for a purple prose epic with the same word count as the entire Harry Potter saga, and presumably with the first exposed anything making an appearance around about midway through the Goblet of Fire block of words, is what mystifies me.
Long prose is OK, if it was:
- well written.
- meaningful, for example slightly erotic or interesting, and not repetitive.
- connected to slightly voyeur events or something, so that they aren't too dry.

The problem is that they showed cool drawings in the patreon presentation, so I thought that they create more and use them ingame for pacing like any good eroge would do, but... nothing (yet?).

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, a long stream of decent writing is fine. I already touched on why theirs is pretty shit, and "purple prose" doesn't really leave much room for it to be good. Maybe the original Russian reads more eloquently to an original Russian, but I somehow doubt it.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the story and characters.They will update the art in time.For an adult game I thought it was great. I presume that if you don't have time for filler you will hate it.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ It's not an adult game, it's a long winded novel with nothing to do apart reading their 20 pages of stuff. Which you don't even need to.

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think they screwed it. It is like they made 30 min long movie trailer about pooping and vomiting. You do not want to see the movie after that...