What's new

Interest check in a choose your own adventure styel RP.

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
This here is an interest check to see if there are people wanting to play in a system like this. The general idea would run like this, mechanically it will be similar to Both sides of the Adventure (all props given to Kathy and them for making such an interesting system) But I am changing some stuff around for this one. Anyways the idea is you'll run a dungeon and if you win, and sometimes even if you lose you will have choices in the epilogue at the end. These choices will effect the universe as a whole, meaning it will affect who is an enemy in the next dungeon, if you can use your same heroin, whether or not evil wins and takes over the world things like that.

The idea here is if there are a couple of people and they all want to be in the same universe that is awesome, the other dungeons with other heroins will affect the greater world. I am also willing to run it as each character has their own universe, but understandably that will greatly limit the number of players I have running it at one time. Posts per day and detail in the posts will vary, and that will all be decided when I see if I have players that want to run this.

That right there is the general idea, the main change to the system of BSotA is that all characters have four skills. A combat skill, this is the skill you use to fight, it can be combat hand to hand, but then again it's your call it can be what ever you want it to be. The skill is the representation of how your character deals with a threat to their life, if you case huge spells that is your combat skill, if you use ninja skills that is it. It is completely in your hands, another skill like this is your utility skill, this is the skill you use to get past traps, things like that, if you run on walls it's paukur if you cast floating disk it's another school of magic (with a different name from the combat skill). You can even use technology to an extent, I don't wanna stifle any ones creativity with their character, just be aware that a character with tech will be as strong as a character with a sword and shield, and a character with magic (assuming similar stat point distribution) Then all characters have explore, which is their stealth and ability to not get lost in caves and the like. And Lewd, which is your ability to stand humiliation in the form of forced sex and attempts to impregnate by monsters in the area.

That is the main change if you want me to elaborate more feel free to post here and I'll go onwards with what all I decided to change both for character creation and dungeon crawling. Anyways I hope to see some interested people, and hopefully get a RP of some kind moving on here, Talk with ya later.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Interest check in a choose your own adventure styel RP.

I'll show interest... but I don't know whether I'll get truly into it or not ._.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

It sounds like you just want to run a few BSOA dungeons with some interconnection between them... which is already allowed.

Your low post count and direct copy of another idea on the forum may be why you have limited interest.

Maybe you could interact more around here, and give more info on what differences you actually plan to have, and a plot for people to get in on?

OP
FireoftheMonkey

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Pretty much I was sitting around bored one day and started thinking of ways to make BSotA dungeons go longer without major changes to the system. And what came to mind was making the hp for each stat 'wounds' if you ever played warhammer or warhammer 40K it's like this. You fail a check you take 1 damage, instead of damage equal to the failed check. It's weird and keeping the base system as it stands just makes it almost impossible for the heroin to lose. Thus why I wasn't going to do it in there, that and that thread went really quiet for no apparent reason.

Anyways character creation is the same but instead of points for the hp variables of the stats, you get half that stat rounded up in wounds. I am thinking also of adding perks which you get one per level of your characters. also in dungeon crawling different things would happen, such as combat would always be a mini boss type of deal, something that your really not able to fail the combat check and then get past. Mainly because that didn't make sense to me, you enter a fight with something, fail to fight it off and move past it anyways?

Either way that is the main change I'm implementing between what this would be and BSotA. Pretty much it was an idea for a variant on that system and I kind of wanted to test it before really bringing it up in there because it sounds like it should work, but sometimes things sound a lot better on paper then they really are.

Reputation score

Interest shown.

OP
FireoftheMonkey

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well ok after thinking it over some I'm up for running this choose your own adventure rp deal. At the moment I'm thinking of scraping the numbers behind the system. And instead have this stuff be centered around being the idea's the character brings forward. Pretty much this also means character creation becomes a lot more open ended.

If people are really interested in a number system feel free to PM me and we can run some BSotA which has a really nice number system. Either way if there are people interested PM me and we can look into getting it started.