What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

M

mxk1310

Re: Hounds of the Blade

So the no rescue thing isn't working. I've been gone for awhile and downloaded the newest patch but the rescue failure doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a reason? reading the previous few pages seem to suggest that downloading the translation stops it from working but I'm not running any translation.
You have to turn it on in the in-game options menu.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

you have to change the rescue option to FAIL, not Off, btw.

TKNY

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, I turned it to failure. Somehow not working.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, I turned it to failure. Somehow not working.
You are running this version: 20160730版 yes?

If you're not, then that might be why.

Note that rescue failures only trigger in the Cobolio hideout and against the Ziganians in the tunnel. No where else. Setting the rescue option to fail just before entering these areas always works for watching the scenes.

Balmung60

Reputation score

There's a missing bit at the end of the translated text files for the zombie hunter and cobolio gang that would make it load the failed rescue scene. The default part looks like this:
END------------------------------------------------------------
div1(1,1)
GotoTitleRoom

This just loads the regular rescue/non-rescue, depending on your settings.

The zigans or whatever they're called are in story/x3/3 and should look like this to load Sylvie failing to rescue Aya from the hunters with the aphrodisiac saliva:
div1(1,1,"story\x1001\2_Ziga","script\X_1001\2_Ziga.gml",2)
GotoTitleRoom

The cobolios are in story/x6/1 and their file should end with this:
div1(1,1,"story\x1001\1_Cobolio","script\X_1001\1_Cobolio.gml",1)
GotoTitleRoom

I assume that because the translated text files were made before the rescue failures were added, that the END code was just left unchanged. Similarly, if you're having the problem without the translation, make sure that you're overwriting everything possible or installing completely fresh when you move to a new version, since otherwise, you may have outdated story files kicking around.

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Most of the time when the game fails on the new stuff, it's because you applied the translation patch. It's causing the new stuff to glitch out for whatever reason.

I have no idea why, but it's better to ask Wessex to look into it, next time he comes around.

TKNY

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You are running this version: 20160730版 yes?

If you're not, then that might be why.

Note that rescue failures only trigger in the Cobolio hideout and against the Ziganians in the tunnel. No where else. Setting the rescue option to fail just before entering these areas always works for watching the scenes.
Yup, I'm using the July 30 version.

I tried moving the files around some folders and it started working @.@ so I'm not actually sure what happened.

NeoSasuke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi i cant get it to work when i go into battle it just Crash at the beginning i have Windows 8.1(and iam bad in english) did try Windows xp and Vista still it Crash on the same place where the green guy with the others i think come and want to Punch you (fixed it)

Last edited:
OP
Wessex

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Most of the time when the game fails on the new stuff, it's because you applied the translation patch. It's causing the new stuff to glitch out for whatever reason.

I have no idea why, but it's better to ask Wessex to look into it, next time he comes around.
When I finally get to do the next translation I will fix that. The current translation end with the old code. There is a new one since rescue failure exits.

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How does one get the Sylvia scenes? I have tried the, set to failure and lose thing, but it just plays a normal rescue for me. Am I missing something?

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you're using the translation, it hasn't been updated to accommodate the failure, which actually prevents it from running in this case.

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yep, that'll allow the failure scenes to run.

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Last version i played was 20160221 (now is 20160730) released i think into 03/2016 or something like that.

Any noticeable differences between those versions?

Edit: Nvm i think i get it

Last edited:

BlueBlade

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For those who just want to know about the Sylvie scenes (spoilers ahead?)

Make sure you're not using the translated version, it doesn't work with that for whatever reason as people have stated. I've found two Sylvie scenes so far. Put Rescue mode on 'Failure' and go lose and give-up to the Coblio Gang in the slums. Another one is the zombie dudes in the Waste Tunnel.

So far it hasn't worked with the Minotaur dudes, the Pig things, or the big lizards.

Enjoy.

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The reason why the Sylvie scenes don't work if you use the translation makes perfect sense if you look at the files you're moving to translate.
Basically because the Syvlie scenes aren't translated (obviously) and the folders/files for the failed Rescue scenes have existed in the old translated folders, when you move the translated files over to your game you are effectively replacing the new version of the files that consist of the new scenes with the older version with the translated text that do not have the new scenes.

So (until a full translation comes out), you can play the whole game translated except for the two areas with the failed rescue Game Over scenes (so the Gang's hideout and the Tunnel), when applying the translation just make sure to not override any folders relating to those two areas.

And to those wondering about the update, yes only those two areas (the Coblio Gang Hideout and the Waste Tunnel against the humanoids only, not to the bats or mice) have the rescue failure game over scenes.