What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

badtsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Will the translated files interfere with the new scene?
They shouldn't. For the most part, the translated "files" are just scripts that have been translated.

It also seems that the chances that Golgoroths(which can't impregnate you on the first visit, only the second onward) and Walkers(all in the lab area) have been lowered slightly, on top of the new scene.

Last edited:

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I know right! :mad:

Honestly, these updates are becoming pathetic. I didn't wait four months just for one new non-combat scene. There was a lot more additions between past updates. Whats going on?
I know right. Honestly we should be getting more for the completely cost-free product he's providing through the graciousness of his time and passion. To hell with the fact that he lives in a nation where this sort of artwork is becoming increasingly criminalized, WE are the ones that matter. It's all about this little snowflake community.

In all seriousness though, grow the fuck up. He doesn't owe you anything. I work in the industry for REAL and I can tell you this is a labor of love. Realistically, its NOT worth it. It's hard to get anything done especially as you get older and have responsibilities. Back on topic..

It seems like when impregnated Aya will experience fetal kicking during combat, however this doesn't seem to payoff to an actual GO screen. It's just an effect, at least at the moment.
If he keeps with the original Nanocrisis design, there will be some consequence for not visiting Dr. Ryon. Looking forward to that update.

Last edited:
Reputation score

If he keeps with the original Nanocrisis design, there will be some consequence for not visiting Dr. Ryon. Looking forward to that update.
Didn't you die in that game if you failed to go get checked out after a while?

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

no, you give birth to the human-dog hybrid and it games over.
So you have to keep visiting areas while having aya's stomach big? (Unless the event hasn't been added)

dfxtent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So you have to keep visiting areas while having aya's stomach big? (Unless the event hasn't been added)
They were talking about Nanocrisis. With this, you just get the "kicking" pregnancy throb during action areas. The duration between 'kicks' shortens as time goes on, until it's practically constant, but the actual birth-event isn't yet implemented it seems.

HuntZoLo

Lurker
Reputation score

Help me plz. T^T !

[unexpected error occurred when running the game]

2017-04-16_0-36-02.jpg

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Help me plz. T^T !

[unexpected error occurred when running the game]

View attachment 25742
It would help if you give a little bit more context as to what is happening prior to getting that error. I'm assuming it's during start up? Was it working in previous versions of the game?

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does it really cause her to give birth after awhile? cause i tried before and it had an error

yes, there was an actually birth scene.

she gives birth to a baby that's human faced, but dog bodied and it had zombie like red skin.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It would help if you give a little bit more context as to what is happening prior to getting that error. I'm assuming it's during start up? Was it working in previous versions of the game?
Hmm, I get that error now too, eventhough the game worked when I last started it a couple years ago. I've tried both the version from 2010 and 2011, I've tried to change my language to japanese, I've tried AppLoc, removing the config file, installing a fresh version with the zip file I still got, shortening the file path, compability mode and disabling my audio device. Nothing worked. As soon as the window appears this message gets displayed and the game closes. I haven't tried a VM Windows XP yet, but it seems like whatever Microsoft changed recently, my Win7 can't run the game anymore.

Edit: This happened with Nanocrisis.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Last event should be slot 26.

Attachments

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmm, I get that error now too, eventhough the game worked when I last started it a couple years ago. I've tried both the version from 2010 and 2011, I've tried to change my language to japanese, I've tried AppLoc, removing the config file, installing a fresh version with the zip file I still got, shortening the file path, compability mode and disabling my audio device. Nothing worked. As soon as the window appears this message gets displayed and the game closes. I haven't tried a VM Windows XP yet, but it seems like whatever Microsoft changed recently, my Win7 can't run the game anymore.

Edit: This happened with Nanocrisis.
Having the same issue. Can't test the DMsynth.dll fix because I can't get permission to move the .dll. Though I've done everything you've done as well.

Kinda sad, I havn't checked in on this game since it had like one scene. (It worked then, though.)

Am on windows 10 as well.

EDITS: Got the dmsynth.dll into system32. Didn't work.
Tried unblocking the .rar before extracting, didn't help.
Tried installing gamemaker studio, nada.
Set up a windows XP boot through VM, but the VM GFX driver won't run HotB. I suppose I could try a dual boot, but i'm a bit tired of messing with it.

Last edited:

SkullR3aper

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yes, there was an actually birth scene.

she gives birth to a baby that's human faced, but dog bodied and it had zombie like red skin.
This is not the treatment scene right? or is it? because im asking if theres anything happens if u dont get treated

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I got nothing. Other people are running on w10 right? I don't think it's OS specific.

I've double checked as many .net frameworks/directx runtimes ect. that I could. But i'm not 100% what the dev uses to make this, I thought it was GameMaker Studio. But I'm not finding ANY help on their forums.

I've tried slowly moving things out of the game folder, but the only thing changes when I move the save folder, which I think is where configs are stored. So presumably it's erroring out before loading in any actual game assets.

Is it x64 windows? Is anyone running this on a 64-bit operating system?

Last edited:

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

64 bit Windows 8, works for me
Well that throws that out. I'm pretty much out of ideas. If I had a better understanding of the code maybe I'd have a better idea.

Maybe someone smarter than me will figure it out, or the dev will release a patch. But until then I guess I'll just (hopefully) look forward to seeing more content later.