What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade REBUILT

I linked it because he wanted a better connection with international fans and if he sees his fans are primarily leeching grubbers well, better from him to find out now then down the road.
If the last thread was any indication, there will be a fair number who are leeching grubbers. If that's your intention, then I suppose you'll have more fun discussing the game on inufactory's BBS rather than here since you'll be loyally subscribing to his Patreon like the rest of his Japanese fanbase.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not my feelings that matter. Something to think about:

1. Inufactory chooses Patreon and gives up his practice of releasing demos for free.
[Citation needed]
Patreon =/= withholding public content - unless he says so specifically

And it's the MC's face that I don't like. She looks more alien than the fucking green dudes. I think it's the huge eyes more than anything else

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

[Citation needed]
Patreon =/= withholding public content - unless he says so specifically
Read post #18. I quoted the relevant bit from his blog post.

The intent to switch from free demos to paid Patreon releases has been declared but not confirmed 100%. Since there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play with as far as the Unity game is concerned plus this thread is now officially accessible on inufactory's twitter blog, be prepared to subscribe and pay to play with the Unity game in the near future.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Read post #18. I quoted the relevant bit from his blog post.

The intent to switch from free demos to paid Patreon releases has been declared but not confirmed 100%. Since there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play with as far as the Unity game is concerned plus this thread is now officially accessible on inufactory's twitter blog, be prepared to subscribe and pay to play with the Unity game in the near future.
I can't read Japanese. But then I have no problem with him running a Patreon either. Guy's been producing free content for nearly a decade, if he wants to get paid for it going forward that's up to him, who are we to say otherwise?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't read Japanese. But then I have no problem with him running a Patreon either. Guy's been producing free content for nearly a decade, if he wants to get paid for it going forward that's up to him, who are we to say otherwise?
Indeed. It just means there can't be any begging for demo links if discussion on the game is to continue legitimately on this thread once the Patreon is officially up and running.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

タイトルも「Hounds of the Blade」のまま。「1」でも「2」でもなく「Rena side Story」として進めます。

=

(The new game) Title will remain unchanged from "Hounds of the Blade". Not "1" nor "2" but game development will continue as "Rena side story".

Up to the OP whether this blog comment warrants a change to information in the first post.
I'll update. Since [Rena side story] is kinda "engrish"-y I'll make it a little more "English"-y: Rena's Side-Story.

Also, I skimmed part of his Twitter yesterday trying to find more info, but something I found interesting is he's into Vocaloids and idols. So when I said in the other thread that I thought that this new girl (Rena) looked like a cross between SeeU and IA, I don't think I was too far off the mark.

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade: Rena's Side-Story

I thought he dropped Hounds of the Blade years ago. Course I haven't really paid attention, obviously.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If the last thread was any indication, there will be a fair number who are leeching grubbers. If that's your intention, then I suppose you'll have more fun discussing the game on inufactory's BBS rather than here since you'll be loyally subscribing to his Patreon like the rest of his Japanese fanbase.
Leeching grubbers who download content that he puts out for free and to anyone? Talk about a skewed perception of reality.

Sure, there were some who re-uploaded to Mega because Hounds' filesize is massive and AFXC is a shitty uploader site. It took some people weeks to get the game because of how terribly it bottlenecked downloads. Aside from that, there's nothing anyone could be doing to be a "leeching grubber."

Also: his BBS is in Japanese. Last I checked, most of us here don't speak Japanese.

Finally, Patreon isn't always used as a subscription service. I've seen Patreons where they simply used it as a tip jar. Regardless, you're jumping the gun, so please drop the drama already.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Leeching grubbers who download content that he puts out for free and to anyone? Talk about a skewed perception of reality.

Sure, there were some who re-uploaded to Mega because Hounds' filesize is massive and AFXC is a shitty uploader site. It took some people weeks to get the game because of how terribly it bottlenecked downloads. Aside from that, there's nothing anyone could be doing to be a "leeching grubber."

Also: his BBS is in Japanese. Last I checked, most of us here don't speak Japanese.

Finally, Patreon isn't always used as a subscription service. I've seen Patreons where they simply used it as a tip jar. Regardless, you're jumping the gun, so please drop the drama already.
Maybe, but I predict more of the same on this thread if the intention to pursue development exclusively through Patreon is carried out. Putting out download links when the only free download server was temperamental and bandwidth-choked is one thing, doing it again when the demo is supposed to be paid for via subscription is quite another matter.

Early days and I'm happy to be proven wrong if inufactory changes his mind. But the Japanese in post #18 of this thread is quite clear that he's contemplating shifting his release of free demos to development with support from Patreon or some other crowdfunding website (He's developed and dropped two games already, so that's plenty of time invested without an end product he could put out for sale).

ulmfuser3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Patreon will be good for Inufactory because this dev will never finish his game and this is standard practic for patreon devs to endlessly making game and leech money from patrons for this. He must learn english and make english version of game because then he will attract more adepts-patrons and will take more money from they. Maybe just porting of HotB to Unity and continue regular updates would be better than this new project and this new girl with ears.

Mistah F.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And it's the MC's face that I don't like. She looks more alien than the fucking green dudes. I think it's the huge eyes more than anything else
I'm with you there, although it seems worse (or noticable at all) in the "normal" image rather than the "transformation" image.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Patreon will be good for Inufactory because this dev will never finish his game and this is standard practic for patreon devs to endlessly making game and leech money from patrons for this. He must learn english and make english version of game because then he will attract more adepts-patrons and will take more money from they. Maybe just porting of HotB to Unity and continue regular updates would be better than this new project and this new girl with ears.
Can't tell if serious or slightly bitter about something. >_>

Either way, from what I gather, he seems to take his development practices out of Blizzard's book as opposed to most other devs out there. And that is to leave the ending open-ended and just keep making more patches until you get bored of making more patches before moving on to something new.

As many of said, he may not have finished any of his games, but there's plenty of content within each game. Moreso than some of the finished ones. And do they really NEED and ending to begin with?

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I can't say I'm nearly as disappointed as when he dropped Nanocrisis, mostly because I expected this to happen at some point, but the fact that he is moving to Unity as an engine for this game has me a bit excited honestly. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this game to see how things turn out!

As many of said, he may not have finished any of his games, but there's plenty of content within each game. Moreso than some of the finished ones. And do they really NEED and ending to begin with?
True enough! Both of his games have been pretty great at that, and honestly I'd even be okay with him going down a Patreon/Enty route if it meant he actually had more time to dedicate to the game, and perhaps even actually get around to finishing one/giving it an ending. Might be just what he needs to remain focused on the game.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I am excited to see how this turns out, as usual the initial first months after about a year wait will be the most exciting as that is when he always tends to push out the most content.

Though this time could be different as he plans to use patreon and such to get funding and may turn this into his full time job. If so then we will see a lot more content and heck, he may even finish the game!

As for stopping previous Hounds of Blades he always gets frustrated as the technology ages and wants to just make a higher quality game. Which is why he always stops an old project and starts a new one on new technology and so far it has always paid off for us with far higher quality games. Just look at Nanocrisis and then Hounds of Blades - world of difference!

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

We might get something better though in the wrong on. Don't misunderstand, I would rather him continue too and learn english, but whenever he does start a new project, he tends to improve the graphics and add more content. Problem is the lack incentive to finish a project.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm with you there, although it seems worse (or noticable at all) in the "normal" image rather than the "transformation" image.

Aya looks fucking gross in the pic where she's high fiving her too, so maybe it's just that art that's bad atm, and in-game she'll look nice

And about what harlequin's saying, it will probably go just like with guilty hell airi

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Aww I liked Aya = o

Oh well new Game new luck! ; )

When Comes the first Demo? XD

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Pfft someone gonna give money a dude that never was finished their games? honestly...
While I understand everyone's skepticism with the model, I'd rather support a guy like this who has made tons and tons of content over a few years than someone just starting up their first project ever. I'd rather see lots of content than a game with three scenes and some ending tacked on.

Also, I'm curious to see if this actually boosts his productivity if he's getting paid for it. Before this has always been a hobby for the guy, but adding in money gives him pressure to be releasing content more often. Could be good, no?

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Personally, I'd rather we don't freak about him using Patreon until we get actual details about how he's gonna use it. Like I said earlier, some devs only use it as a tip jar.

Aside from that, he has a proven track record of putting out quality, even if there do seem to be large gaps between updates, he always does come back after a long haitus. I don't think as many people will be butthurt if he does Patreon compared to someone completely unknown.