What's new

Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

sudieken

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Iris Quest (developed by Dahr and Xaljio)

Is this the full, complete game we're talking about or just a module of it? I wanna beat Shantae at dice and enslave her.
it's a module.

Last time I played IrisQuest it was just a small demo where you run around in Agrabah with Genie and fight a handful of enemies. I assume it's changed heavily since then?
hasn't changed at all actually.

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Mid June and still no news? Le sigh.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Mid June and still no news? Le sigh.
Yeah, don't forget these are Akabur's friends. He's an expert at taking an extraordinarily long time to do anything and they've learned from the best.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pseudo Dahr update : 1 of his buttbuddies cried too much there was nothing happening, so Dahr posted 2 concept sketches .....

boobybot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

dafuq no news yet

boobybot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

They posted this cutscene
yeah saw that already.... :( i know i am being impatient but damn i wish it would come out already

for example darkcookie of the summertime saga series is doing a great job

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

DAHR 2 days ago (Patreon):

"It's been so long since I posted any spoilers on 'Iris Quest'. And it's hardly surprising. It's mostly Xaljio who's working like hell this month, and I'm just doing some minor stuff like frames and icons. That was about the part of the game known as 'Goblin's Curse' (aka 'Dungeon'). Now regarding the main part of 'Iris Quest'. Here's a picture. The most amusing fact is that it will be included in game just like that. With 'censored' parts. Later you'll understand why. But the patreons will have their uncensored version right now." :p

Nightmare 1

WOW! :eek: :D Awesome! ;)

sudieken

Demon Girl
Reputation score

DAHR 2 days ago (Patreon):

Nightmare 1

WOW! :eek: :D Awesome! ;)
well that's nice and all but at this rate the main game will probably be done in like 4 years so posting stuff from it is pointless. longer depending on when the dungeon comes out. in march it was 2-5 days away, then it had a 99% chance of coming out in april...what happened? i know he said he got sick but it's been what, 5 months?

Last edited:

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well that's nice and all but at this rate the main game will probably be done in like 4 years so posting stuff from it is pointless. longer depending on when the dungeon comes out. in march it was 2-5 days away, then it had a 99% chance of coming out in april...what happened? i know he said he got sick but it's been what, 5 months?
IMO the main problem is that Xaljio simultaneously (bad idea!) works on his own Library Story game (which does not interest me at all) AND well yes, he's one of AKABURs russian friends. :rolleyes:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

IMO the main problem is that Xaljio simultaneously (bad idea!) works on his own Library Story game (which does not interest me at all) AND well yes, he's one of AKABURs shyster friends. :rolleyes:
Fix'd

Zoom

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

;)

Today from Xaljio:
Hello guys! Yes, at last that's about time [Aug 27.] for release of 'The Library Story 0.9! <...>

We already wrote before, that we added to this version not all planned things and features (the reasons of these issues were described in spring yet). So part of the content planned for this version will be moved to an additional version - 0.92, which we plan to publish this fall. We will take a pause for a while with an announcement of the exact release date. <...>

P.P.S. The release of 'Iris Quest Dungeon' will be BEFORE the release of LS ver 0.92, as mentioned earlier.
GARGL! :D :p

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Giant epic necro : DAHR posted the Russian version is done, dumped to English translator .......

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
^ Not really : they went from "complete" Iris Quest to Iris Quest : Dungeons and are now on Iris Quest : Intro ........

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score
^ Not really : they went from "complete" Iris Quest to Iris Quest : Dungeons and are now on Iris Quest : Intro ........
Yeah this is really confusing, since I thought their initial demo was the intro. I don't think I've seen backwards development like this before. It's quite absurd tbh.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Rejoice plebbers : a super tiny demo (smaller than the 1 we got 3 years ago) just released today ....... If you get it, don't hit "SKIP THE INTRO" or you'll miss the entire thing and be left with nothing

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
And that's why Akabur & friends are the worst kind of frauds currently on english H-Market. Seriously, fuck these guys, because they make H-market looks bad.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Art is good, Russian typos all over, remade most of the last demo's story but there's like 5 mins of stuff and 1 tutorial combat that goes nowhere ......... Maybe in another 5 years when the next build comes out, we might get some scenes and 1 h-event

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I remember seeing akabur's Patreon page with donations around $2000. Now it's not even $850. This goes to show what happens when you disappoint the people giving you money.

Regardless, I like the work he does. I support him off and on, a dollar every few months to see what's behind the door.