What's new

Jen (thetwo)

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Jen (thetwo)

"Oh, it's no problem. I have a feeling your not one to be a moocher. So I can trust that you're good for it. Besides, we can't have you running around like that," she saids motioning towards Jenn's current wardrobe, "Now can we?" she giggles teasingly with her new friend. A short while later, Illiana would come with a rather nice outfit. It consisted of a leather short sleeved jacket, a black short leather skirt, black stockings, short black shoes, and a white rather nice button up dress shirt, under neath it. "The dressing/fitting room is just down the hall, Jenn. I have a rather good eye for people's figures, so it should fit you just right, but if you have any problems let me know and I'll get to work on fixing it for you. The total will come to about 50 steel, Nykkie." She says to her friend while they wait for Jenn to get finished with dressing. Once she was back out, Nykkie would turn to her and ask, "Are you ready to head to the hotel, now?" She said politely waiting for Jenn's answer before heading out to meet their respective client.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn put on the outfit. It was well made, and fit her perfectly. It had been a little more expensive then she'd hoped, but hopefully it would last. Or at least be repaired for considerably less. "Yes, I'm ready. No point in waiting. And while we walk... what exactly are 'drinking worms'? I've never heard of them before, it's my first time in the area."

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Nykkie paid the costs for the outfit to Illiana before answering, "Okay. Let's go then! Bye Illiana, and thanks again!" She cried out to her other friend before heading out the door with Jenn to the hotel to meet the head of the settlement for their job, "Drinking Worms, are hamlets on their own, most seasoned adventurers, or even non adventurers who are armed and competent with a weapon can fight one off with no problem, the main problem is they like to burrow underground or in the earhten ceilings of the tunnels and caverns this world is made of. And therefore can get the element of surprise. Also normally they attack in fairly large groups, but still for a whole city to be attacked and troubled by them is unusual, unless there happens to be a breeding mound nearby........ Or...... I hope I'm wrong..... but it could also be slightly possible, that a Fluidhunter is in the area, and controlling and summoning them...... Fluid hunters a massive snake like women who, like the worms they control, feed of fluids, bodily fluids, of humans. Most usually females. And they drink all of their fluids: saliva, urine, feces, pussy juice, sweat....... everything. Hopefully it's just a breeding ground. If it turns out to be Hunter, I think we need to negotiate at least double pay, or pay up front. Those things are not easy to deal with...... and most certainly NOT pleasant. The worms themselves aren't nearly as bad, unless they catch you off guard and manage to latch onto you. They'll go after your milk first, drinking from breasts. And if they keep you down for very long it's buddies will come along to go for your other areas, and if they manage to subdue you, they'll drag you underground. But with two adventurers and a ranged fighter like me who can pick them off from afar, I think we should be okay." Nykkie takes a deep breath after finishing her lengthy explanation and assessment of the job when they finally reach the hotel.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn frowned at the description of the worms. "We'll have to be careful, then, but it sounds like we shouldn't have too many problems. I just hope they don't destroy my new shirt, going for the breasts. Will they tell us if there's a... fluidhunter? Or would they even know? I mean, getting a bonus for killing a bigger foe then we expect shouldn't be to hard, but 'in advance' is going to be difficult if we only suspect we'll run into more trouble."

By then the two of them were in front of the door. "Worth a try in any case, I suppose. Anything else to discuss before we go in? I think that about covers it, myself."

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Only one to know for sure, ask. And they might not know. Probably ought to ask for double, at least. If not in advance. If they believe there's one, they might be willing. as they might have the means to fight off something like that, being just a smaller settlement rather then a larger city like Magmarlia or Voclaria is. But like I said, the best option is to just ask them ourselves." She says as she heads to the hotel clerk, asking for the room number of the settlement head. Once they had their information they would head to the specified room and Nykie would knock on the door, "Hello? Is this the one asking about the Drinking Worm job?" A rather petite women in simple traveler's garbs with a rather distraught look on her face would answer, "Yes. My name is Hoshi. Are you the adventurer's the guild has sent to help us?" "Yep that's us, I'm Nykkie and this is Jenn. Can you tell us anything about the problem? Do you know where they are coming from? What we're dealing with if anything other then just the worms?" Nykkie inquired, "We're not for certain yet. We've sent a few soldiers out to investigate, though we don't know if they'll even come back. We fear it may be a Hunter though...... the worms...... they seem too...... coordinated, organized, instructed for simple creatures as they are. And there haven't been any tremors indicating the mother may be present." She explains to the two women waiting for their response.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Your advertisement didn't say anything about a Fluid Hunter. 200 steel is a reasonable price for just the worms, but if I'm going to take on a hunter then it should be 300. Each. And 100 of that in advance, for supplies." Jenn folds her arms and waits for a response. She still isn't exactly sure how much this money is worth or how difficult the task will be, but she knows how to haggle. And if Nykkie thought 200 was a fair price, then she was going to ask for more.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"AH! W-we, just recently began to notice or suspect one, as the worms began to act different! At first we just thought the worms were acting on their own accord. For the worms we would gladly offer two hundred for them. But 300 steel....... that's quite a large sum of money. 100 steel could feed someone for a week. 200 could buy nice armor, equipment, clothing or about anything you like. 300 could buy you your own small house! I'm willing to offer 200 each. M-maybe 250..... maximum! 300 steel is almost equivalent to a year's pay in a city this size. 300 to us is high way robbery. I'm already offering a small fortune...... Would you please reconsider, Jenn?" At that point Nykkie turned to Jenn, "She has a fair point..... Steel is the most valuable form of currency, even more so then gold or platinum, mostly cause it's so useful, and rare. Steel crafters who work in smelting plants and mints are some of the valued workers. And she already offered double." She told her friend before turning to Hoshi, I don't know about my friend, but two hundred to me sounds perfectly reasonable, but I will require the 100 up front as she previously asked." She informs the woman, "Ah..... If 200 is acceptable to you both.... I would be glad and willing to give the 100 up front as requested. Does that suit you?" she skid Jenn nervously.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The explanation of how much Steel was worth made Jenn glance at her clothes. If 300 steel was a year's wages in the city, then her clothes had cost 2 months pay. For that much, they better be damn good clothes. "I don't like surprises, not when it's me taking the risks, and we've already had one big one. But I suppose I'll have to live with 200. Half in advance, half after we kill or drive off the Hunter and worms. As long as your scouts don't come back with any other bad news."

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Hoshi seemed to develop a relieved look on her face a she let out a sigh, "Good, good...." she said as she went to the dresser in the back of the room, pulling out two fair sized bags and handing one to each of the women, "Here is the agreed 100 up front, I will be waiting at the city gates whenever you have your affairs and essentials sorted out, ladies. And thank you once again for your help. Me and my people owe you more then just money for what you are offering to do." she said as she picked up a walking staff, small knife and a pack and proceeded to head to the city gates. "I have all I need for the journey, Jenn. So I will head to the gates with Hoshi while you get any armor and or weapons you need. Just head to the main gate when you're done. See you there." Nykkie said as she headed our of the hotel to the gates where she would wait for Jenn. If Jenn were to ask anyone she would find the armor and weapon smithy a few city blocks down from the hotel in a medium sized building with a sword and shield above the door indicating a blacksmith.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn asks for directions to a good place to buy weapons, and soon thereafter finds herself entering the blacksmiths shop. The client had suggested that 200 steel would be sufficient for a good set of armor and weapons. Unfortunately, Jenn only had 100, and technically she should probably be saving half of that to pay back her partner. But since her partner stood to take a total of 250 steel if their mission succeeded and 150 if it failed because Jenn saved 50 steel to pay her back...

With that in mind, Jenn took a look around the shop, looking at armor a little, but most importantly looking for a good sword. Probably better to get a good sword and no armor then a crappy sword and crappy armor, since she would inevitably make a loss when she could finally afford better. But if the client had been exaggerating and she could get a good sword and good armor for 100 steel, then so much the better.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

As Jenn walked into the smithy's shop she would be met by a tall dark skinned woman with long red hair tied into a pony tail. She had a bandana on her head, a facial tattoo, red eyes, she had a short revealing sports bra top, what seemed to be a loincloth, over white panties, elbow pads and black gloves. She had brown tape wrapped around her elbows and wrists, and brown fur boots on her feet. She also looked like she could be a goddess or something, her tall frame chiseled and almost if not completely pure muscle. She had an impressive great sword strapped to her back. She would walk over to Jenn with an indifferent expression on her dark lovely features, "Hello. Welcome to the shop. Is the something I can do to help you miss?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I certainly hope so. I find myself in need of some equipment. Especially a good short-sword, but if you have any particular deals on armor at the moment I'd look at those as well."

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well you came to the right place then. That depends on exactly how good you're looking for? If you just want one in good condition and that'll hold up, it should be reasonably priced. Anything more will cost you more money naturally. Same for armor. It helps to know what you need or want. Members of the guild or the guard get a 10% discount. Are you looking for mobility, full defense, full plate, protection, a simple shield? Chain, plate, scale? Shields are fairly cheaper then full suits of armor, and breastplates; though breastplates are less expensive then full suits as well. I can lead to something that should be good enough for you." She says in a straight, business like manner.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"For swords, I want something more then basic. Just how much more depends on how much more cost we're talking about here. For armor... I think just a shield will be sufficient for today, if it's reasonably priced."

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

THe woman nodded in understanding before leading Jenn back to a room where several suits of armor, shields, and weapons were on display. THey eventually came to a display where different types of swords were on display, "Swords come in four different materials: Iron, Steel, Mithril and Orihalcon. The last two can be fitted with slots for magical augmentations to be implemented; though they generally cost a good deal more, due to the rarity of the material, the skill it takes to forge them, and for the use of a mage to attune the augments and welding the augments into the slots. Iron swords are the cheapest. Nothing special, but good enough for your run of the mill adventurer. None of the blades here are dull or rusty, though. I take pride in my work. Steel's a bit more durable and can be tempered to make finer blade edge and better cutting power. Mithril is lighter, and therefore allows greater speed, and easier carrying power. And orihalcon can absorb magical attack and possibly redirect them to their original casters, with some practice. So their truly useful even without the augments. Unfortunately my magic crafter is away on business in Volcaria, So I can't do augments at the time. She was supposed to be back yesterday, I hope nothing's happened......... If you wouldn't mind doing some work for me, once you're done with your current job of course, would you care to run down to Volcaria and see if you can find her. I would gladly upgrade your equipment to Mithril or Orihalcon for free. Here's a list of the prices." She finishes handing Jenn a piece of paper:

Code:
Iron Short Sword: 20 stl.
Steel Short Sword: 50 stl.
Mithril short Sword: 75 stl.
Orihalcon Short Sword: 100 stl.
- 1 slot 125 stl.
- 2 slot 150 stl.
- 3 slot 200 stl.
Once Jenn had made her mind up on her weapon she would lead her to the shield rack, "My shields are the same as my swords, they're all strong enough to deflect or protect against most if not all attacks, though if a lava larva, fire ant, fire belcher or other fire beast running around down here spits fire or magma at you, then unless it's mithril or orihalcon, then it's going to take some wear and tear." She said before showing Jenn the price of shields:

Code:
Iron Small Shield: 20 stl.
Steel Small Shield: 40 stl.
Mithril Small Shield: 60 stl.
Orihalcon Small Steel: 80 stl.
OOC: Mithril weapons confer a +1 bonus to attack, Mithril Shields offer a +1 to defense.
Orihalcon Weapons confer a +2 to attack, plus a special quality/attack of your choice per augment. TN 18 to redirect magic. 3 uses per battle. 3 MP. Orihalcon Shields Confer a +2 to defense. Special material shields/armor also grant fire and magical resistance.
Steel armor confers a +1 to defense, Tempered Steel weapons confer a +X bonus, equal to money or time spent honing them, up to +3.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, I'm afraid I'm already committed to a job at the moment, but after that I'll certainly come back and see if I can help you out. But in the mean time..."

Jenn looks at the prices. She had lost her first weapon to the fire ant, and certainly didn't want that again. They weren't going after anything with "fire" in the name this time, but she wasn't buying equipment just for the one mission. Naturally the most expensive of everything would be best, but obviously she couldn't afford that. A good weapon, and a cheap shield, that was the ticket. That would mean not getting the very best weapon, but the "augmentations" wouldn't be available right now in any case.

"I think the Mithril sword would suit my needs at present. And the iron shield will have to do for the other."

Jenn hands over the appropriate coins, showing her proof of guild membership for the discount that gave, and pockets the pitiful few she was left with. With that, she collected her purchases and prepared to join Nykkie at the gate.

Last edited:
OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'd sure appreciate it. She's been a good friend of mine for a long time, and a hell of a mage. I'd hate for something to happen to her. Alrihgt let's see, that's a Mithril short sword, and an Iron shield, that comes to 95 steel, -10% for the guild discount, the total comes to 95 steel minus ten for a total of 85 steel." she says registering the gold paid handing Jenn her weapon and shield along with her change of 15 steel. "Thank for your business, and please come back to our shop again for your adventuring needs." She says friendly as Jenn heads out to the gate. Nykkie and Hoshi would be waiting for her there, "Ah, Jenn. Welcome back. It looks like you're equipped pretty good there. Hoshi just finished telling me that the settlement isn't far from here, so it shouldn't take too much time to get there. Let's get going." She says eagerly, "Yes. It's not but a few miles from here, we should get there by nightfall, normally the worms rest at night. But..... as I have mentioned, these worms...... are not acting normally. But we should make haste nonetheless. I will lead you there." She says as she guides Jenn and Nykkie to the small settlement, once they arrived a lone guard would hold up his spear before seeing Hoshi arrive, "Oh, you're the hired help Hoshi went to get to help us deal with the worms, please come in." He said as he promptly opened the gate. Hoshi would direct them to the town center, "This is usually where the worms have attacked. I have had experience fighting, but am afraid I am not as skilled as either of you, but I will offer what little help I can." She says as they would await the onslaught of worms.

They would not have to wait for long as they would feel the earth begin to shift and tremble slightly before the ground was broke, three large worm heads popping out of the soil, their long serpentine tongues hissing. THey would immediately start to lounge at the women.

Worm 1: Roll(1d20)+0: 5,+0 Total:5 vs Nykkie: Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0 Total:17 miss
Worm 2: Roll(1d20)+0: 4,+0 Total:4 vs Jenn Roll(1d20)+1(Shield Bonus): 19,+1 Total:20
Jenn Counter:Roll(1d20)+1: 16,+1 Total:17 vs Worm 2: Roll(1d20)+2(Dodger):
19,+2 Total:21 Miss
Worm 3: Roll(1d20)+0: 14,+0 Total:14 vs Hoshi: Roll(1d20)+0: 4,+0 Total:4
Hit

The first worm would lunge towards Nykkie's chest but the agile mage would be able to easily and quickly jump back out of the way, the worm falling flat on the ground before rising back up. The second would likewise make a jump for Jenn, but the fighter was able to easily side step the creature and try to swing at the monster, but it proved to be too quick as it swiftly scooted out of the way. However, the thrid worm would hit its target dead on, nailing Hoshi square in the chest, causing the woman to stagger back a bit.

Nykkie: Roll(1d20)+2(Magic): 15,+2 Total:17 vs Worm 1: Roll(1d20)+2:
20,+2 Total:22 Miss
Hoshi: Roll(1d20)+1: 1,+1 Total:2 vs Worm 3: Roll(1d20)+1: 17,+1 Total:18 Miss
Worm 3: Counter-grapple: Roll(1d20)+0: 20,+0 Total:20 vs Hoshi: Roll(1d20)+0: 7,+0 Total:7 CRITICAL SUCCESS!

Nykkie would try to blast the worm that attacked her with a blast of lighting but the worm proved too fast and mobile as it quickly jumped out of the way of the lightning. Meanwhile Hoshi would take a swing at the worm that had jumped into her....... only to whiff. The quickly counter attacked and jumped and latched onto her left breast with a vicegrip, it's acidic saliva melting through her clothing as it clamped fiercely onto her nipple, suckling the milk out of it and eliciting a moan out of the woman, "AH! OH NOooooooooooo~" she cried out as she felt herself involuntarily breastfeeding the worm.

Jenn
FP 5/5
AP 0/10
MP 0/0

Nykkie
FP 5/5
MP 4/5
AP 0/10

Hoshi
FP 3/5
MP 0/0
AP 2/10

Worm 1
FP 3/3
MP 3/3
AP 0/10

Worm 2
FP 3/3
MP 3/3
AP 0/10

Worm 3
FP 3/3
MP 3/3
AP 0/10

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So what, we just wait here until the worms show -" Jenn cut off as the earth began to shake and three of the worms burst from the earth and started their attack. Jenn easily avoided the one that went for her, but missed her counter-attack. Nykkie did the same, but the third woman gave Jenn a more vivid picture of what exactly they were trying to do.

Jenn glanced briefly down at her shirt. She had payed 50 steel for this outfit, and apparently the first time one of these things managed to get by her defenses, there would be a big hole in it. Damn. Still, she had signed up to fight the things, so fight she would. She swung her sword at the one latched onto Hoshi, figuring that since one end of it couldn't move it would prove a better target then the free ones. Meanwhile, she would try to keep her shield between the one that had already attacked her and her shirt.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Jenn Attack vs Worm 3: Auto hit, as it is grappling at the moment
Hoshi Attack vs Worm 3:Roll(1d20)+1: 7,+1 Total:8 vs Roll(1d20)+3:
5,+3 Total:8 Hit
Nykkie Vs Worm 1: Cast Bolt- Auto hit
Worm 2 Vs Nykkie: Special Roll(1d20)+0: 9,+0 Total:9 vs Roll(1d20)+0:
14,+0 Total:14 Miss

Jenn's sword manages to knock the parasite that was attached to Hoshi's breast away off onto the ground, casuing it to cry out in pain beofre Hoshit took her staff and smacked the creature in it's........ head? If you could determine anykind of anatomy on these monsters. It would quickly burrow under ground after the whack, "Shoot!" cried Hoshi as the insect went beneath ground to where they couldn't see it, "Jenn! Watch yourself! They can come out from anywhere!" She warned her compatriot. Meanwhile Nykkie cast a bolt of light towards the worm she was battling, causing it to go flying back sowmeways, dazed and confused for a bit, as the last one would spit some kind vile fluid at the mage, but it would go wide and miss her completely. Nykkie took advantage of the distraction to cast a fireball at the ofending insect.

Nykkie vs Worm 1: (stunned) AutoHit

The fireball would hit the creature dead on as it could let out a squeal of pain before quickly digging its way underground shaken out of it's confusion by the pain of the fireball. At this time, the second worm would also burrow underground. The women were left wondering around in the city square for a few moments before the trembling would begin again.

Worm 1 vs Jenn: Roll(1d20)+0: 4,+0 vs Roll(1d20)-2:
13,-2 Total:11 (sneak attack) Miss
Worm 2 vs Nykkie (Sneak Attack) Roll(1d20)+0: 5,+0 Total:5 vs Roll(1d20)-2:
16,-2 Total:14 Miss
Worm 3 vs Hoshi ( sneak attack) Roll(1d20)+0: 8,+0 Total:8 vs Roll(1d20)-2:
10,-2 Total:8
Damn even with sneak attacks they cant hit shit. -.-;;

Fortunately for the women the trembling and vibrations in the ground would give away the worms locations and they would turn to see them coming in time to be able to jump out of the way of their attempted sneak attacks, and the melee would pick up again.

Jenn
FP 5/5
AP 0/10
MP 0/0

Nykkie
FP 5/5
MP 3/5
AP 0/10

Hoshi
FP 3/5
AP 2/10
Mp 0/0

Worm 1
FP 1/3
MP 3/3
AP 0/10

Worm 2
FP 3/3
MP 2/3
AP 0/10

Worm 3
FP 1/3
MP 0/10
AP 0/10

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Well, did you give them a bonus for sneak attack? Don't forget hard mode! :p)

Jenn let out a shout as her sword managed to knock the thing off her companion's breast, and her spirits were further lifted as the woman managed to strike home herself. The worms burrowing into the ground to attack was worrying, but she was easily able to feel where they would come out, and managed to avoid them. Things actually seemed to be going well, which was good fora first mission. Of course, there was still the Fluid Hunter to contend with, and these three probably weren't the only worms either.

Still, there was no reason not to stick with a good plan, and Jenn aimed another swipe at one of the injured worms, figuring it would be best to finish them off before moving on to the healthy one.