What's new

ytinasni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: JSK工房 Hgames Thread

I pinpointed the events where it goes wrong, and excluded everything else.
An odd place to hide your games :D

Does it work if you move it elsewhere? windows 7 and vista have some weird rules about shit in Program Files.

Cappy

Reputation score

An odd place to hide your games :D

Does it work if you move it elsewhere? windows 7 and vista have some weird rules about shit in Program Files.
Not at all, same results in different locations.

ytinasni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So... wait. Are the game swfs actually in that directory? (If so, I probably can't help you.)

If they aren't, you might be able to put the projector in the same directory as the game and have it work.

I'm still curious what the actual problem is, though. Can you run procmon without those .swf and .sol filters, and see if there's any other obvious errors?
EDIT: You said the untranslated version works/worked. is that "It works right now" or "It worked when i played it, ages ago"?

Last edited:

KirbyFreak

Reputation score

When I ran the flash projector content debugger in Shion, I came up with this error:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.

Would this be an in-game bug?

Cappy

Reputation score

So... wait. Are the game swfs actually in that directory? (If so, I probably can't help you.)

If they aren't, you might be able to put the projector in the same directory as the game and have it work.

I'm still curious what the actual problem is, though. Can you run procmon without those .swf and .sol filters, and see if there's any other obvious errors?
EDIT: You said the untranslated version works/worked. is that "It works right now" or "It worked when i played it, ages ago"?
I'll test it out in a bit, but I doubt I'd be able to discern anything from procmon without the filters, due to my lack of comprehension. But from what I saw, nothing seemed to be failing or doing things incorrectly. But then again, I'm an amateur at computer process' and the like. As for having the projector in the same folder as the swf, I'm not too sure how that would help, do you mean having the swf in the same place as the executable for the adobe projector? Because I don't see how that would help, but I'll try it.

Oh, and I don't think it's a saving issue, because the flash will remember what endings I've achieved when I leave it in the same folder, it just refuses to let me access the scenes in them for some reason.

XDrakeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys,

I need some help here with the translation. I tried to translate one of the games just for fun using the swf programm from ytinasni.

I testet it with shion. i know that ritsu is translating this right now, i just wanted to test, if the translation is working.

So here is what i did:

First i copied the shion.swf in the swf-programm folder from ytinasni. then i double clicked on swf.dumper. i got a translation folder.

after that i opened the shion.swf in the translation folder with notepad. now i can see all the japanese lines there. then i started translating the first sentence of the game. it looks like this in notepad:

<html><font color='#A000000'>先生、用ってなんですか?</ ont></html>
(no translation)

now i just replaced the japanese text with english one like this:

<html><font color='#A000000'>english、english?</font></html>
(no translation)

after that i saved and closed notepad. then i made a double click on swf.translator and i got a new folder named out. in that folder i find the shion.swf but when i start the game the first sentence and all other sentences i translated were still japanese.

so anyone can tell me what im doing wrong?

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

It should look like this:

先生、用ってなんですか?
先生、用ってなんですか?

You translate the second line, so it'll be

先生、用ってなんですか?
Teacher, what do you want?

well, at least that's how it works for me.

XDrakeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For me it looks always like this:

先生、用ってなんですか?
(no translation)

Below every japanese word/sentence are the words "no translation" in brackets.

But i got it now. all i have to do is write the translated text right below the japanese one and replace the "no translation" text.

Thanks Ritsu, it works now ^^

Sindocouger

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't have a problem with these games like that. Though I can't figure out a way to keep my saves without making copies of them to paste back in later.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't have a problem with these games like that. Though I can't figure out a way to keep my saves without making copies of them to paste back in later.
Check a few pages back, details for (almost) every browser are covered to keep your flash savefiles from deleting themselves.

squeaky_shoes

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I can't get my game to save my endings. How do I make it save? I open, play in the browser, and I see the ending saved temporarily, but as soon as I close the browser and re-open it, the saves are gone.

Yatol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I can't get my game to save my endings. How do I make it save? I open, play in the browser, and I see the ending saved temporarily, but as soon as I close the browser and re-open it, the saves are gone.
its your history
if you set your browser to automaticaly delete it you will lose your saves.

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I too am having trouble with the vampire hunter white screen problem, going to try the old version and see if it works.

Also is it just me or does the translated version seem easier?

Edit:

Yep, tried out the moon speak version, its working just fine, I'll get around to try it on another computer in a bit, but I won't be able to try it out until a bit later.

Also thanks for translating these, out of all the non all-ready translated H games I've played, these are the ones I've always wanted to see translated the most.

Last edited:

sewermedic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I too am having trouble with the vampire hunter white screen problem, going to try the old version and see if it works.

Edit:

Yep, tried out the moon speak version, its working just fine, I'll get around to try it on another computer in a bit, but I won't be able to try it out until a bit later.

Also thanks for translating these, out of all the non all-ready translated H games I've played, these are the ones I've always wanted to see translated the most.
Yes, I thought it was just me, but for some reason, the translated version is much easier than the JP version from what I recall.

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Whelp, I'm retarded. For those having the same problem make sure to take the "sub" folder and put it in a separate folder with the vampire hunter swf. got around to looking at it and noticed all the files and thought, well those must be important.

Last edited:

vaglet

Reputation score

the sex scenes never work for me its very strange. Anyone got any ideas of why this is occurring?

Reputation score

First Post! Yay!

I made this account just to thank the translators of Vampire Hunter!!! :D:D:D Great job!

Hmmm, well I don't see how the translated version could be easier. both versions give the same number of bonus stat points and skill upgrade points per death and no mechanics seem to have changed. I think its just the fact that you can now read the upcoming attacks and such much easier now! :)

the sex scenes never work for me its very strange. Anyone got any ideas of why this is occurring?
Ummm can you be a little more specific? What game are you talking about? How do they not work?

Oh and can anybody help a newbie with no japanese knowledge about the game titled shogun princess christianne? The menus and such confuse me and for some reason after losing you get what i assume to be a rating number which I dont understand and further you dont ever get any points to increase anything on the second screen, and neither do you get points to increase stats on the first screen after a while. A further translation of what the menus mean would also be nice :D:D

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Your probably having the same problem I did.
When you extract the game, you should see two things, a folder named sub and a swf named vampire hunter. now you want to create a new folder for these two files and make sure you put both in it, it won't work unless the sub folder is in the same spot as vampire hunter.