Jumpers Rebirth

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Jumpers Rebirth

EEEEEPPPPICCCC DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

Good team - I plan on updating tomorrow after work. Tonight is filled with debauchery, alcohol, and sodomy (Look out Pale - I'm coming for you. >.>).

Most likely not in that order.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

EEEEEPPPPICCCC DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

Good team - I plan on updating tomorrow after work. Tonight is filled with debauchery, alcohol, and sodomy (Look out Pale - I'm coming for you. >.>).

Most likely not in that order.
Does that mean you're going for pale first?

Edit: and therefore pale is the target of all of those?

Last edited:

Pale

Reputation score

Try another day.. I've had a long week. No parties for me tonight.

P

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pale, I'd just like to say: Thank you for being Evil. :)

Pale

Reputation score

It's just so much fun <3. Evil rocks hard... Plus, we get a cool GM.

P

(Not that Silth isn't super cool too!)

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

*Yawns* Whatever, Pale.

Sorry I didn't post when I promised, Good team. But since Pale had a bad week, I needed to wait til the next day for the debauchery and such.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Uh... is it just me...or are melee characters...kinda useless?...As in, only meatshields at best currently?...

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Uh... is it just me...or are melee characters...kinda useless?...As in, only meatshields at best currently?...
you are right. We the melee characters have less power in RJ battle style, just look I'm going to wait until the enemy is closer to attack (looks like they are waiting the same or will move until we don't have AP, anyway this battle will be to long)

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah... I realized that also. Damn you perceptive players.

For the good team, I realized Aegis shooting at an enemy while Lily was pinning him to the ground could get bad... and since I didn't have a system set up for 'If your ally is within five feet of the enemy your shooting at...'.

In battles where Eagle Eye has taken effect (which has yet to happen, oddly), yeah... Ranged fighters are supposed to have an advantage, and actually be given the ability to end a battle before Melee fighters are really needed. I think there will have to be a battle soon where it starts out in a close encounter; so we can test out Melee Fighters.

I'll whip out a quick ruleset for ranged fighters trying to shoot when they're melee allies are attacking or grappling an enemy... So watch what your team mates before you post from now on, I guess.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Another solution would to be to give the enemies a bunch of archers, dealing massive damage to all the melee players who tried to approach them before they could actually reach... make things even between PCs and NPCs...

Oh wait. That would kinda make it impossible to play a melee class you didn't spend all your points in defense in, wouldn't it?

An actual solution might be to reduce the damage of ranged so it doesn't kill stuff in 1-2 attacks.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait... You have to activate Eagle Eye? And here I thought it was passive...

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I think Eagle Eye IS a passive ability. Like SilentSilth says, though, there's never been an encounter where it has triggered.

I suspect the range on Eagle Eye is actually kinda short for what it does (e.g. spot the enemy before he spots you). Assuming the grid is a 5-foot grid, 40 feet (the current maximum for Eagle Eye) is only 8 grid squares. A mediocre recurve bow can be accurate at least three times as far. Maybe make Eagle Eye's range d40*10, with the minimum moving up to 40 feet?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Right. I used 8 ap that turn out of 20. I should have had 12 ap left, instead of 6)

Kaye stares at the dragonkin leader, surprised at his sudden charge. Still recuperating, she waits and plans her next move.

(wait)
From what I can tell, offensive abilities are their cost + 10 for attacking.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

But if thats the case, then Kaye used 18 ap and should have only had 2ap left over, so it's still wrong, just the other way.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'll look at it a little later tomorrow, Xivvix.

As for Good team, sorry about the massive delays in posting. I've been fighting with my uni for a while now over something rather stupid on their part. It should all be fixed now... and if it isn't, then it may be Sunday until I finally get enough time to post.

Hopefully late on Friday though. That's what I'm shooting for.

Reputation score

I might not be able to post for a few days, so if you are waiting on me, go ahead and have Lilliana either 1) Attack 2) Escape Net 3) Follow group.

Thanks!!!

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I'll look at it a little later tomorrow, Xivvix.

As for Good team, sorry about the massive delays in posting. I've been fighting with my uni for a while now over something rather stupid on their part. It should all be fixed now... and if it isn't, then it may be Sunday until I finally get enough time to post.

Hopefully late on Friday though. That's what I'm shooting for.
don't worry well wait you, the school is first and blablabla.

looks like only lily (ryu) and celestia have enough Ap to attack. Can i use the 29Ap in this turn to proceed to the next turn?

example turn 4
celestia and lily attack. all of the slavers defend (or run if leader is dead), end of the turn

turn 5 (if leader is still alive)
celestia and lily defend end of the turn. (or you can give us the ac bonus to the next round)

next round 2 ...

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With the way Silth and I talked about the use of AP, it's all gotta be used within that one turn. So, this turn, I'd recommend just using 20 of your AP, and just saying you'd like to move to the next turn after.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

oh well...anyway im sure than the leader will dont resist to much. Do you think than the slavers will run or stay to fight?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Silth seems to have disappeared again...