What's new

Just testing something momentarily

Host

Lurker
Reputation score
Hopefully this ends up working and I can get this running properly...

Last edited:

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Just testing something momentarily

Zere ya go. I will update this post whenever I make new rounds, rawr.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

There's always Hamachi for Online LAN'ing? I think. It's a bit weird setting up sometimes...
There's a what now? *looks it up*
Oh, sweet! This opens a whole new range of possibilities! I'm going to have to broaden the list of games I'll be offering...

>:v *RAGES* I HAET ORX.
Ah, crap. It was either them, the dwarves, or the halflings, which would you have preferred? Besides, the original orcs don't have the glutton, they get the red freaking dragon instead. Not to mention some of the other best units in the game.

Alright, this seems to be working. Now, to figure out how to get hamachi to work, and to see if this will work in online multiplayer. I need to know some time when you'll be online, so I can try and connect to an online multiplayer game with you. ...And to see if I can remove old attachments. I don't want the forum getting bogged down with past turns...

EDIT: woohoo, I can get rid of it! ...what the hell? It had six downloads? 0.o

Attachments

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

you know i dont have any idea what you guys are talking about, but if i had to guess it would be age of wonders?

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Got it from the profile messages, I take it? Yeah, and there's more about it in the newly resurrected thread.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

profile messages, its just general knowledge of fantasy factions goes strait to heroes of might and magic, where they don't have dragons, next step is age of wonders. i guess it might have been warcraft 2 but that never had gluttons

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, you know AoW?

*is awe’d*

*...More so than usual*

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i pretty much know everything.

although i am a fan of strategy and rpgs so its in an area i'm even more familiar with.

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

although i am a fan of strategy and rpgs so its in an area i'm even more familiar with.
Hmmuuuurr....

Feel like signing up for a PBEM game, then? *Grins*

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i so dont have enough time for that.

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? It might take time for a PBEM game to finish, but that’s because of how long it takes for someone’s turn to change. Each player usually only gets the chance to play 1 turn each day. At the latest stages of the game this might mean 10 minutes of involvement per day, 20 if you really want to be careful about what you're doing. (Hell, you can set a turn time limit so that you don't spend too long on a turn. 20 minutes is that max this limit can be set to.) The only really time consuming part is writing up your RP post afterwards, and you don't have to do that. Still, I’m rather inundated with work too, I probably shouldn’t be doing this either. =o

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

hey, i've played the game, i know how long turns take and i know the games features. still, no time.

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

hey, i've played the game, i know how long turns take and i know the games features
I wasn't sure if you'd played PBEM before, and I had said that PBEM takes ages in the other thread, so I thought you might've misunderstood. Gotta try and cover all possible angles, even if they may insult the intelligence of others... Sorry. :eek:

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Has updated his first post* *Has also hugglesnuggled Nunu's eggs for some random reason he don't understand himself either*

Race-Wise? <_< Probably Elf, I've been prodding the game around a little bit, and know what? I'm impressed. If for nothing else, the Hero making system. Only thing it "lacks from"(herpaderpa) AoW:SM is that you decide your own race too. Seriously. It blows my mind why they removed that you can upgrade/customize the Player Character, just to streamline it in AoW:SM. Then again, at least in AoW:SM it ain't instant loss once the sucker DIES once. <<

In either case. Humans or Elves I guess, I'm a rather bland player in that regard. Gonna miss my Tigran Fire Cats and Syron Lightning Catchers from AoW:SM though. ;~;

I need to know some time when you'll be online, so I can try and connect to an online multiplayer game with you.
Maybe. Just Maybe. Getting, oh I don't know, MSN might help out on that regard, you know, something I'd liked from the very beginning to keep in touch with you a bit more easily? *Shot*

Ah, crap. It was either them, the dwarves, or the halflings, which would you have preferred? Besides, the original orcs don't have the glutton, they get the red freaking dragon instead. Not to mention some of the other best units in the game.
Dwarves, out of those choices. I could always make a quick change on the map to allow other races, and send you the "Neo Toadstool Vale" along with my next round update. I mean, I've prodded around with the AoW:SM editor, and lots others for other games, I don't think it'll be -that- bloody wank hard.

And about the "Best units" etc. I don't care. I care about looks, lulz. *Shot* And don't get "Best units" wordy on me, I'll send my Syron Lightning Catchers with Seeker Enchantment on you.

AKA: AoE Lightning Based, Paralyze Inflicting, Projectile that ignores terrain penalties or the like, and also grants +2 ATT. <_< Sure, if you have some Lightning Immune Units, then I'm screwed, but for everything else? Go for it.

Now, those Rift Lords on the other hand... *Eaten'd*

YAY FOR INCOHERENT RAMBLEZ. *Digest'd*

Edit PS: Orc > Elf. Halfling > Dark Elf. Goblin > Lizard. Dwarf > ?. What races do you want on the new, bettahr, Toadstool Vale? =D

Last edited:
OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I could always make a quick change on the map to allow other races, and send you the "Neo Toadstool Vale" along with my next round update. I mean, I've prodded around with the AoW:SM editor, and lots others for other games, I don't think it'll be -that- bloody wank hard.
No, it certainly won't. The guide to AoW PBEMing that I've been reading from actually recommends it for several different purposes, including changing the starting heroes to have the stats and spheres the player wants, and switching the order of players in different time zones. (Or, if you're feeling nasty, surrounding everyone else's cities with hostile dragons...)

AKA: AoE Lightning Based, Paralyze Inflicting, Projectile that ignores terrain penalties or the like, and also grants +2 ATT. <_< Sure, if you have some Lightning Immune Units, then I'm screwed, but for everything else? Go for it.
Undead wraith. Immunity to EVERYTHING except holy and magic. I could take your whole army with one.

Goblin > Lizard
NO! OP! OHH! PEE!

lizards are neutral, all the 4hex cities on the map are neutral. It has to be good and evil races only. Besides, I like the Goblins, for all that they are pretty much the worst race in the game without being underground, and even then...

Gonna miss my Tigran Fire Cats and Syron Lightning Catchers from AoW:SM though.
...What are you talking about? Syrons are in AoW 1... *Grins*

Also updated. (in a sec.)
Edit: okay, It's uploaded (over the previous one)
Edit 2: Dwarf > elf, (trust me it makes more sense), Orc > Darkelf, Halfling > Highmen, Goblins > Undead. You'll turn it from a small squabble between the lesser races into a large battle between the greatest powers.

Last edited:

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, it certainly won't. The guide to AoW PBEMing that I've been reading from actually recommends it for several different purposes, including changing the starting heroes to have the stats and spheres the player wants, and switching the order of players in different time zones. (Or, if you're feeling nasty, surrounding everyone else's cities with hostile dragons...)
Huzzah.

Undead wraith. Immunity to EVERYTHING except holy and magic. I could take your whole army with one.
You forget that Magic in AoW:SM, in battles, doesn't have range based on the Player Character. There goes your "One" Undead Wraith. Troll Harder. :v

NO! OP! OHH! PEE!
>:v WANK WANK WANK WANK

lizards are neutral, all the 4hex cities on the map are neutral. It has to be good and evil races only. Besides, I like the Goblins, for all that they are pretty much the worst race in the game without being underground, and even then...
This is not particularly relevant to my interests nor religion. But okay.

...What are you talking about? Syrons are in AoW 1... *Grins*
Gonna pull a Hymen joke again? If not, I don't see it. :v

Edit 2: Dwarf > elf, (trust me it makes more sense), Orc > Darkelf, Halfling > Highmen, Goblins > Undead. You'll turn it from a small squabble between the lesser races into a large battle between the greatest powers.
For all I care. It could be Dwarf > Frostling. Orc > Azrac. Hafling > Human. Elf > Undead. I wouldn't care. :v

But alright, I can change it to that setup, then spread out some random independents for all it matters.

PS Edit: New round up.

Last edited:
OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

You forget that Magic in AoW:SM, in battles, doesn't have range based on the Player Character. There goes your "One" Undead Wraith. Troll Harder. :v
Not magic Spells,
magic type damage
! The only things in the game that do magic damage are those with magic bolts or magic strike. Which means pretty much only clerics and units with enchant weapon on them can damage a wraith.

>:v WANK WANK WANK WANK
Who're you calling a wank...

Gonna pull a Hymen joke again? If not, I don't see it. :v
Short answer: LOOK HARDER!

Long answer: In AoW 1 there are three secret spells that can only be bought from wizards towers. The first is 'cosmetic surgery' which changes the portrait of a hero or leader, the second is 'summon mermaid' which is fairly pointless, but the third is summon SYRON. The Syron is a true neutral, fourth level unit with immunity to just about everything except physical, and massive stats. The easiest way to see one beyond going into the editor and looking at the creature list is to play the tutorial; the player's party starts with one. Furthermore, if you go into Shadow Magic and look at the description for Syron Giant Warriors, it talks about how they were sent to the Valley of Wonders for some unknown purpose, long before the rest of the Syrons were seen.

PS Edit: New round up.
The zip is empty...

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not magic Spells,
Wut. :v

! The only things in the game that do magic damage are those with magic bolts or magic strike. Which means pretty much only clerics and units with enchant weapon on them can damage a wraith.
Fine. :v

Who're you calling a wank...
:v WANK WANK WANK WANK

Short answer: LOOK HARDER!
Dun wanna!

Long answer: In AoW 1 there are three secret spells that can only be bought from wizards towers. The first is 'cosmetic surgery' which changes the portrait of a hero or leader, the second is 'summon mermaid' which is fairly pointless, but the third is summon SYRON. The Syron is a true neutral, fourth level unit with immunity to just about everything except physical, and massive stats. The easiest way to see one beyond going into the editor and looking at the creature list is to play the tutorial; the player's party starts with one. Furthermore, if you go into Shadow Magic and look at the description for Syron Giant Warriors, it talks about how they were sent to the Valley of Wonders for some unknown purpose, long before the rest of the Syrons were seen.
Cool story brah. :v

The zip is empty...
FIX'D.

--------

On another note. Sorry for being moderately nonsensical. That time of the year. *Shot* <.< No offense meant with anything.

OP
Host

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

On another note. Sorry for being moderately nonsensical. That time of the year. *Shot* <.< No offense meant with anything.
'course. =)

Ah damn, I said I'd do this last time, but I ran out of time. At least I've got a short moment now... turn may be up in a moment. If I don’t edit with conformation, it isn’t up yet.

Edit: Added