What's new

RPG [Kの創作部屋] 乙女神物語~リフィのカラッパ島奮闘記~ (RJ086550)

Starke

Banned
Reputation score
Re: virgin island

I actually said it because they (he and VCT) admitted that they began to hate games they translated, Monkeyman admitted he particularly hated this one, and Saki Quest which used to be his favorite game, became a reason of hate after the translation.

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually said it because they (he and VCT) admitted that they began to hate games they translated, Monkeyman admitted he particularly hated this one, and Saki Quest which used to be his favorite game, became a reason of hate after the translation.
I Can See That.

For one thing, going through the script you can see all the flaws that you didn't notice before if you had not known Japanese before you started translating it.

Not to mention after a while, the whole thing just becomes tedious and you just wanna get it over and done with.

That coupled with the fact that, Like you said, People are pestering and annoying you to finish something that you are slowly growing to hate.

I've seen too many dropped translations or English RPG maker games for this very reason.

I wonder if this is what it's like in the gaming industry? You begin to hate whatever it is you are working on? That would suck if it is the case.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not to mention after a while, the whole thing just becomes tedious and you just wanna get it over and done with.

I wonder if this is what it's like in the gaming industry? You begin to hate whatever it is you are working on? That would suck if it is the case.
The bold bit: Yeah that's pretty much the main reason.

As for the gaming industry comment, I work there, it is exactly like that, except you DO feel a sense of satisfaction when you release a game.

Plus, seeing as it's a whole team and you might only be working on a small section of the whole product a lot of it is new to you, where as with translating it's ALL the one person.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

I worked in the game making industry for 5 years, it's a lot of mixed feelings, there's nights and days where you just want to throw everything out the window and your boss grinding your gears, etc.

But when it's out and delivered, it's such a huge sense of accomplishment, for about a month, and then it starts all over again, it's very... unique

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sounds like most time-consuming endeavours, really.
Eventually you just get fed up, but you're happy when it's done, and proud if you've done it WELL.
Hell, there's even some quote or the other from back in the day saying
(Very heavily paraphrased)
that if you have to spend money on something and you do it when you want to, it's fun, but if you get paid to do it and you have people expecting shit of you, it gets tiresome.

As to people being curious about how progress is going, a regularly scheduled update on what's been going on, whether it's weekly or bi-weekly, for example, would tend to keep most people reassured that the project hasn't been dropped and that progress is being made on it.

You'll still get the guys who can't be bothered even to look one or two pages back and find out, of course, but still.

HV3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

im following the Walkthrough...

Im quiet near the beginning with the Mansion Alarm ... I cant click on anything in between the posts, 1st floor or 2nd floor.

I wasnt a virgin at the time of doing the Flame Book from the Arena so I never got the scene with him showing the button locations...

I got caught and met untranslated Harry... Is this the guy Im supposed to talk to in the arena?... after this part I can no longer enter the Mansion because the rope is cut... =/

Am I stuck?

Last edited:

tubehunter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think it's a given that you have to witness the fatass otaku showing you the location of the buttons, even though you already know their location from your previous playthrough?

I don't think you are stuck. You can still finish the game as a non-virgin. The ending is different, though.

DMasta

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I always thought there should be some kind of organization to translate games for developers. I seems like an incredible task and feat. to translate a whole game top to bottom. And MonkeyMan has done it 3-5 times? (Pardon if i'm wrong).

I wish MonkeyMan could get some kind of compensation for his work. And VC or whoever translated Arms Devicer+. Thanks though

Actic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I always thought there should be some kind of organization to translate games for developers. I seems like an incredible task and feat. to translate a whole game top to bottom. And MonkeyMan has done it 3-5 times? (Pardon if i'm wrong).

I wish MonkeyMan could get some kind of compensation for his work. And VC or whoever translated Arms Devicer+. Thanks though
+1

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually this is only my third game, though it does get a TINY bit easier each time, the humdrum stuff like the items etc. usually only take about 30 mins how, before it took two hours.

To be honest, a simple thanks is enough for me. The way things are at the moment, I can take my time with it ( as I so often do) aside from the legal stuff, if I was to accept money I'd feel a huge amount of pressure to finish it, which would ironically make me less inclined to finish it :p

Chriss475

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

kcreateroom.blog.fc2.com has a new update mentioning that the developer is now working on a new game, that it'll be party-based instead of single heroine like VI and that he's going to try to make regular updates whether they are game-related or not.

Rebis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

kcreateroom.blog.fc2.com has a new update mentioning that the developer is now working on a new game, that it'll be party-based instead of single heroine like VI and that he's going to try to make regular updates whether they are game-related or not.
Personally I am disappointed.
I would have liked a sequel or a VI like.
A party is not a good choice generally.

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Personally I am disappointed.
I would have liked a sequel or a VI like.
A party is not a good choice generally.
If it's like virgin quest and it gives a selection of body types and scenes for them I'm all for that.

thesimgirl

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

good job on the work monkey
i hope you finish the trans soon