What's new

RPG [Kの創作部屋] 乙女神物語~リフィのカラッパ島奮闘記~ (RJ086550)

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: virgin island

Tomorrow? PRAISE THE SUN
"May the flames guide thee"

I've been watching this project for a long time now but now it's about done,
I'll pop in to say thanks a lot for all of your effort Monkeyman.

I waited to comment because I didn't want to join the brigade of people harassing you to hurry up or update, unintentonaly or otherwise. :D

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heh, fools, he didn't say it was "tomorrow" in Earth terms.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can you give me a link or relatively unique string so i can google it.
You're using Chiitrans 2 yes? cause there's literally an option to use any built in parser you want, all you have to do it replace the contents of the EDICT folder.

Though to be fair, Hivemind is usually best.

Also, thanks for the support. Not long to go now! I'm only half way through the CG room but if it's not done at a decent time tomorrow I'll just say fuck it and release it.

thinien

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This question may or may not have been answered, but for version 1.23 of the game, there have been 3 new scenes/cg. Does anyone know how to get them?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This question may or may not have been answered, but for version 1.23 of the game, there have been 3 new scenes/cg. Does anyone know how to get them?
I was under impression, that last cg content was added with 1.20 version, which Monkeyman767 confirmed one or two pages ago.
EDIT: I checked with walkthrough and it seems that Endings 5-7 were added at 1.20:
- Endings 5 and 6 are from hilltop town - one for father (not sure of that) and one for son
- Ending 7 seems to be related to brothel

Last edited:

sigmazx

Reputation score

Monkeyman, thank you man.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was under impression, that last cg content was added with 1.20 version, which Monkeyman767 confirmed one or two pages ago.
EDIT: I checked with walkthrough and it seems that Endings 5-7 were added at 1.20:
- Endings 5 and 6 are from hilltop town - one for father (not sure of that) and one for son
- Ending 7 seems to be related to brothel
They were actually always there I think, you just couldn't activate them or something, but yes, they're included too.

Aqualia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

They were actually always there I think, you just couldn't activate them or something, but yes, they're included too.
Sorry if i sounds stupid but do you know why most maker release game but STILL lock some content at the release?? We see this in some hentai game and even in normal video game too trought for those one not hard to see they just want us to **download and buy** they're friggin content...... X.x **(( Atelier meruru is a nice exemple throught the most insulting fact the content is ALREADY on the DVD but you need money to UNLOCK it** In the case of the hentai game i dont have example to REPAY if i want to REPATCh for more content... RRAAHH sorry if its sounds jumbled X.x

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Sorry if i sounds stupid but do you know why most maker release game but STILL lock some content at the release?? We see this in some hentai game and even in normal video game too trought for those one not hard to see they just want us to **download and buy** they're friggin content...... X.x **(( Atelier meruru is a nice exemple throught the most insulting fact the content is ALREADY on the DVD but you need money to UNLOCK it** In the case of the hentai game i dont have example to REPAY if i want to REPATCh for more content... RRAAHH sorry if its sounds jumbled X.x
You basicaly answered your own question - It's almost always about the money. Most DLC's are designed just like that - bonus content is already included at game launch, but it's unlocked by patching the game with bought DLC - it's probably to decrease download size and in turn to save bandwidth, which also costs money (maybe not so much, but still).
But it doesn't apply to this or similar games (again - most of them) - patches are almost always free and locked content is more of a way to deal with various problems during development - rushed game launch, not easy to fix bugs, which would delay launch for months or so, etc.
Well, at least that's what I think ;).

Fifth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry if i sounds stupid but do you know why most maker release game but STILL lock some content at the release?? We see this in some hentai game and even in normal video game too, though for those ones it's not hard to see they just want us to **download and buy** their friggin content...... X.x **(( Atelier meruru is a nice exemple thought the most insulting fact, the content is ALREADY on the DVD but you need money to UNLOCK it** In the case of hentai games, I dont have example of REPAY to REPATCh for more content... RRAAHH sorry if its sounds jumbled X.x
Quick quote edit to make it easier to read.

It's likely that the content just wasn't finished. Sure the pictures might be in the game, but to make it work they would need to program it in, events, code, dialogue, bug testing, etc. All of that takes time, which translates into more time before their game is profitable.

They could also use it to find out if it's worthwhile to continue making content for their game. Hard to support something with low sales numbers.

Aqualia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah not thought it that way. I can understand the practical way of this but still..... sometime its such a bother !!!! :D

Rrezz

Reputation score

you know what would be funny. if instead of announcing that he was done Translating the game, Monkeyman just put the link in his Signature and didn't tell anyone he was done.

Last edited:

HSiv

Lurker
Reputation score

you know what would be funny. if instead of announcing that he was done Translating the game, Moneyman just put the link in his Signature and didn't tell anyone he was done.
Made me check........ -.-

terranam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

you know what would be funny. if instead of announcing that he was done Translating the game, Moneyman just put the link in his Signature and didn't tell anyone he was done.
moneyman instead of monkeyman, i see what you did there sir.

kane08

Reputation score

i wonder if the translation is already done?

Rrezz

Reputation score

i wonder if the translation is already done?
he's probably got something going on. we've waited this long for a translation, a few more days wont hurt.
although, I am checking this thread every few hours. lol

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

He said he was about half done with the cg room. I reckon that is all, and thus i wouldn't be surprised if it felt like half assing it on the finish stretch were he to release it now.
Or he found another game breaking bug and has to hunt that bugger now. That would suck.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nope, just forgot I wouldn't be near my good laptop to release it.

The CG room is still only half done because I've been farting about with other projects, I've no doubt though that people will find bugs etc that's going to require a second patch so I'll finish it off then.

It WILL be out tonight.

you know what would be funny. if instead of announcing that he was done Translating the game, Monkeyman just put the link in his Signature and didn't tell anyone he was done.
Fun fact, I totally planned to do that :L