Reputation score
cover.png
Links

Twitter: Kosmic
Moon Rhapsody Discord
Devlog with some artwork(He says he rarely updates it):
Patreon

Game Description (taken from Dev Page)
Guide Sasha through a monster and demon inhabited island region after being shipwrecked...

Moon Rhapsody is a an action adventure game that takes some elements from survival, horror games, and old school JRPGs. It also contains a fair amount of nudity and hentai so be warned if you're not into that. Mature content can be turned on or off in the options menu. This demo covers an earlier part of the game than the last one, please be aware many parts are still WIP and subject to change. This game can also be somewhat demanding on older and weaker PCs and requires DirectX 11 to run properly.

Some gameplay details:

• Conservation of resources is key in this game, you have limited SP to attack and perform actions with and running out can mean trouble.
  • Combat is fast paced and frantic but just running up and slashing isn't always the best option, sometimes it's best to run away.
  • The environment is largely open ended and you are free to explore however you see fit. The time of day and weather patterns will change and affect certain things in the world.
  • Sasha's weapons and clothing will degrade, some enemies might abuse you if they grab you without clothes on...
Default controls(Can be changed from the in game options menu):
(Controller supported btw)

WASD/Arrows: Move
Mouse Left: Use weapon/switch to last melee weapon
R: Use item
Mouse Right: Jump/Interact
C: Slide attack(Hold to enter prone)
Space: Aim/switch to last firearm
Q/E: Cycle weapons
F/V: Cycle items
ESC: View status
Enter: View map

Personal notes
A personal favorite of mine so far. The action is very good. It's a survival horror at core, very solid.
Added guro tag but eh..., it's not that wild. Really. Don't be discouraged if you're not into that stuff.
Besides, can be turned off in options.

Attachments

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
The blog has an itch.io link but its really old and outdated. Make sure to download the gamejolt demo.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
But both sites have the same version number.....?

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I have updated the correct links on the OP.
Its the link on his twitter that does not work and redirects to:

Where you can download a prior demo.

There was another in-between in which the H Scenes worked a bit differently (just slightly and a slight play on the HP bar), but it seems that one has been ditched in favor of the most recent one.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I thought there was already a thread for this game...
I remember there being one as well but it may be buried. Shame search doesn't work. Google only pulling up this thread so maybe it got purged.

In demo there are 2 zombie animations (2p/3p), 3 lizard animations (2p/3p/capture), 1 fly animation, 1 big bug boss animation, 2 tentacle animations (plant/aquatic boss). The fly animation game over animation only gets triggered if caught with 1 or less sp left, best animation imo.

Game is fun and can be frustrating but it's fun enough that the frustrating parts aren't bad. Also, save often!

Subtle

Reputation score
Has anyone figured out how to use the Old Book from the Island zone and the Building 404 key from the urban zone?

EDIT: I figured out the 404 key. From the save point between two bridges, take the east bridge, go north until you see a floating island with a red chest, then DASH JUMP to that island. Dash jump again north of the chest to reach another island with a locked building (north of that building is another platform puzzle, and along the east edge is another red chest with 5 Grenades). You'll need an Aurora to kill the faceless ghost in the room that's locked from the other side and spawn the blue chest to proceed.

The Harpy boss at the end keeps kicking my ass. Guess I'll have to grind cash to upgrade all my weapons from Satcher before opening the fossil door next time...

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
There seem to be different demo versions out there depending on where you download it from. One starts in a rundown city, the other on a tutorial island, I played the latter

Having played through most of it now I have to say its really solid even if the content is spread relatively thin. Combat can be incredibly finnicky though, OP already said some fights are better left avoided but this doesn't work for bossfights. Also there's a lot of obscure stuff that'll have you circling through dungeons over and over because you don't know what to do. For example in the Sanctuary dungeon there's a room with 3 flies and you have to kill them all to get a key, this isn't hinted at anywhere. Enemies are incredibly hard to kill without taking a bunch of hits yourself (in a game where your recovery options are semi-limited). The spike balls are especially bad, their shooting pattern is incredibly hard to dodge and you have maybe a 1 second window to shoot them. Also I could swear there's a bunch of bugs in the game where a previously undestructable wall won't take any damage, yet I'll easily break through it after restarting. Or the bug animation simply not playing under any circumstances unless I rebooted. Also frustrating stuff like me missing the Boss' treasure box because a "save crystal" appeared, which turned out to be a teleportation stone that locked me out of the level.

IMO this has a lot of potential and it was fun to play but it just needs more polish and definitely more content, though what is there has been super solid and well implemented, certainly kept me engaged. Who knows if the dev will read this though

Last edited:

Subtle

Reputation score
While I was doing a second run, the fossil and hotspring doors were already open for me because the sea cave dungeon apparently thinks I completed it already. Fair warning if you were thinking of starting over while still keeping your first run saved...

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I have no idea how to escape the lizardmen pirate ship if you get caught. Stam feels like it ain't enough to put your legs in the water

Subtle

Reputation score
I have no idea how to escape the lizardmen pirate ship if you get caught. Stam feels like it ain't enough to put your legs in the water
With the headphones your Stamina does regen if it's below 10%, so I think you're expected to dash jump over the water (leap in a direction + tap in that direction mid-jump).

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
After countless trials and error I found that if you don't have the headphones equiped like I didn't you can jump on the small piece of wood to the right of the top right chest after that jump and immediately dash swim and youll make it to the other side. There is a lot of precision in the game. Thankfully I really like the gameover animations and challenges. Wish they looped till you decided to continue though.

Last edited:
OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Subtle At the moment you trigger contact with Mizuki (the ghost), you don't have to fight her, you have to run. And Satcher is on City of Mist, you just have to find it.

@alias34 The description is taken directly from the dev page, i did not write it.

I can say, that it is hard, and not intuitive indeed, even for me, but i am known for being very stupid lol so my opinion's value on that is next to zero.
I agree there are no indications on rooms where you must clear all enemies. Dev says said rooms are blue colored on the map, and that in any place a hidden chest is to appear by doing so, the tile is special colored.
Now, i haven't noticed those tiles, and well, in city of mist and makishima island overworld there is no map so... lol.

Also some pillars are not broken by YOUR attacks.

Btw highly surprised no one took a sweat at that wall you have to break with a grenade in a certain dark room, i legit spent lime 5+hrs and even then didn't figure it out by myself lol

Last edited:

mr_doomgape

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
after seeing the 404 room i very much hope snipers get cut or something because i am not looking forward to fighting those 1 shotting bastards more then once

also something incase anyone wants to bully the enemies or get stuck in a unrecoverable save situation like weapon breaking before finding snatcher the second time, both hp and sp are double and easy to search for with cheat engine

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
after you go into a new area (once making it to the "hub"(?)) is there a way to go back without going through the entire new area? I went into the temple, and want to go explore the other entrances, but i saved in there, and seem to be stuck.

Also, hitboxes feel weird, sometimes i can just demolish an enemy, other times it only hits once out of 2-4 times, and they just slap me down. They really need to have a deeper hitbox, being off the horizontal plane is really easy, and then you're just blowing sp up a wild hog's ass.

SP not regenerating above "10%" (one megaman dot, really...) is extremely hampering, since it gets used up from just swinging a sword, and can't be restored without consumables. 50% would be enough of a detriment, 10% is painful and very unfun. Especially if you don't even have the sword and are still in the beginning slide-zone because one slide or so and you're already having to run around a room waiting for it to regenerate. And just from exploration you can easily knock your sp down to nothing and just have to start a new game because it's absolutely atrocious to learn how to play when you can't even attack more than once every 4 seconds (without the game even telling you the slide does damage, that would've been nice to know).

Also the fuckin doesn't last long enough, it finally gets to it and it's like BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGSPLORTCH, game over.

However, the controls do feel nice and tight, artstyle works really well, Zelda-esque/Mana gameplay is nicely done (sword could hit more bushes at once though. it eating sp while you're just mowing lawn sucks.)

It gives me a feeling like a romhack of Link to the past where the creator expected someone to already have beaten the original, and know tricks, and a large difficulty bump right out of the gate comparatively.

Enemies beyond the bat, for being the first few enemies you come across, take too many hits, get knocked over for way too long of an invincibility time (i couldn't hit them, at least), and get up immediately attacking/grabbing. I could expect this for a dungeon or two in.

TL;DR, it feels a bit overtuned, and restrictions are pretty tight. Feels like the game is at a higher difficulty setting than "normal", i could see this being "hard", it's not "inferno" or anything though (except that sp restriction)

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I just can't win against this ghost once you've gotten the sanzu blade

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
What is the pattern you're supposed to hit the yellow switches in building #113?
Also, is there no way to repair your machete besides repair kits?

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
What is the pattern you're supposed to hit the yellow switches in building #113?
Also, is there no way to repair your machete besides repair kits?
Right, Left, Down, Up as reference to the clocks in that room with a sniper and alien.
And the Hooded cat guy sells a repair kit for weapons. Dunno where he at in mist city though

OP
derakino999

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Roflmao at the h scenes. Yeah.
Btw, with the Sanzu Blade you can block if you hold down the attack button.

And well, a lot of people are complaining it is to hard. Well, he now says there will be another mode.
Now that it's come to this, i feel in the need to show some tips. The air slash is OP, its invul. (When she flashes she is, in any move she does).

Anyway, here are some vids you can take tips and tricks from:

Forest Sanctuary:
Part 1:
Part 2:

Some small tips and random water level segment:

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
the stamina system blows ass. For some reason I notice hentai games always tend to be the ones that lean toward overbearing with mechanics like that.
all defensive, evasive, and offensive option GONE, and no way to get them back.
save points should be full heals, it's just good game design. if you're going to make stamina so integral to everything, you need to litter the world with items that replenish it. mushrooms, drinking water, fruit, etc. the problem being, one sloppy encounter could have massive ramifications for what in this case was the rest of the playthrough.
did you use your potion at the wrong time? GET FUCKED i guess.
itch.io page says "just run, can't fight every encounter", but also fuckin speedrunner mario is out here backwards long jumping and he's got perfect aim, and you bet your ass he's got invincibility on start up. fuck outta here.

Last edited: