What's new

ACT [kyrieru] Eroico RE115470 RJ115470

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: Eroico -Develouped by kyrieru-

For those of you just tuning in

@Mikufanboy:
I can do whatever I want in the non-Dlsite version.
Depends what you mean about the platforming. One thing I'll be adding is jump buffering.

@glacier: Yeah, it was pretty easy. In the same vein, there are some of the first boss's attacks that should be blockable. As for the genie, not sure what kind of attack I would add. As it is though, it's sort of just easy but long.

@thswherizat: I'm considering a mechanic where there are smaller checkpoints that must be activated using sparkles. Not sure on the specifics yet though.

As for the bounce sections, I never really had the same problem with them, even after replaying the game for the first time in forever. However, I know about the upgrades, which extend your attack range, thereby making those sections easier. Perhaps some people are getting there without the upgrades, thus the difficulty.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@Mikufanboy:
I can do whatever I want in the non-Dlsite version.
Depends what you mean about the platforming. One thing I'll be adding is jump buffering.

As for the bounce sections, I never really had the same problem with them, even after replaying the game for the first time in forever. However, I know about the upgrades, which extend your attack range, thereby making those sections easier. Perhaps some people are getting there without the upgrades, thus the difficulty.
Non-DLsite version, do you mean Nutaku? They are very picky when it comes to loli-esk, or even pettanko figures, granted a censorship-free version is a trade-off some are willing to make I'm sure. I'm not sure about Manga Gamer but, freedom in art form is limited no matter where you go, even your mind can be against you in that regard. I wouldn't be so sure you'll be free to suit all your ideas, but, good luck nonetheless! Checkpoint girl for mascot!

If I recall correctly, when Eroico was released, it was the second stage that had a couple jump platforming phases that annoyed me. I think you fixed that in later revisions, but either way, it sounds like you know what you want now. With what you have planned, I'm also looking forward to replaying Kurovadis again too.

Last edited:

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Personally, I think most of the hardest platforming in Eroico was easier than Kurovadis. The skeletons in the mansion had a nasty habit of beaning you with a thrown bone and sending you falling down like 5 stories worth of stairs. Eroico definitely had hard parts, but nothing quite as bullshit as the worst of the previous game.

BTW, not sure if you've seen them yet, but the lead artist on Barkley 2 has been posting some pretty cool pixel art videos:

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

@Miku: I'd just have different versions for different services. As for the second stage, it had some annoying parts (spinning trap room). However I think the main reason some people found the bounce sections difficult is that they didn't have the range upgrades, which makes them way easier.

@glacier: The skeletons were kind of BS because I didn't know how to program throwing arcs. To be balanced, the projectile should always take the same amount of time to get to the player, regardless of range.

kev12in

Reputation score

hi does anyone know roughly when the mangagamer versions will be released? because i was planning on buying both eroico and kurovadis but if they're gonna be releasing a better version soon i might just wait to get those then

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Some scenes could be improved greatly. In particular the succubus demon save point girl, and the shantae genie boss.

If you're going to genderswap, make it count.

Really sad that this will likely take priority over Noaika. But, it's your artwork. Do with it as you please.

Lewdovico

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1) On the easier difficulties, would it be possible to add things that made the platforming easier? I remember one room in Eroico in I think the castle level, where you had to use the bounce from your weapon to cross this area. After trying a good 20+ times I gave up because I'm lousy at platformers and I just ended up stuck and irritated.
I believe there was one part in the sand zone that had a lot of bounce jumps in sequence, that was pretty sadistic.

I'd suggest removing the floating bubble powerups and just making them static, right now they feel like they're mocking the player for trying to chase them, while not catching them feels like throwing away resources especially considering how scarce HP is. Maybe have more HP boosts in easier difficulties?

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some scenes could be improved greatly. In particular the succubus demon save point girl, and the shantae genie boss.

If you're going to genderswap, make it count.

Really sad that this will likely take priority over Noaika. But, it's your artwork. Do with it as you please.
Noaika? What's that?

I don't think it's been brought up here, but Kyrieru's said on his blog that you automatically get the updated versions of the game if you've bought them before (same unlock code works)

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

So you are improving Kurovadis too?

How does one get the new improved non DLsite version? All I have is age old unlock file that I got from you in an email back then.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

I haven't played Eroico for well over a year, was a Stage Select option or a sprite sex gallery ever added to it? Those are 2 options that I really miss for convenience of revisiting older enemies without having to replay all the way from the start.

interceptor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Stage select - I'm not sure.

But there is a gallery mode, where you can encounter all enemies for each of the separate levels.

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I haven't played Eroico for well over a year, was a Stage Select option or a sprite sex gallery ever added to it? Those are 2 options that I really miss for convenience of revisiting older enemies without having to replay all the way from the start.
No and no, as far as I remember. Closest thing to a stage select was editing one of the save file values in notepad or something.

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No and no, as far as I remember. Closest thing to a stage select was editing one of the save file values in notepad or something.
There actually was as sort of gallery mode. You could basically get to small parts that represented the levels, and there you would find the enemies from that level. They are still hostile towards you, though.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There actually was as sort of gallery mode. You could basically get to small parts that represented the levels, and there you would find the enemies from that level. They are still hostile towards you, though.
The tedious part of that 'gallery mode' is the fact that you need to survive until you reach the boss room to see the bosses cg. :)

dekumon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love the hell out of this game! I only wish that the H content actually had an impact on gameplay.

procrastinator brad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this isn't a necro of a old game but instead a update, on his blog kyrieru.com he release a brand new update, the update contains basically the following
-H-Animations and some game animations
-Sounds
-Bosses have some different attacks
-CGs are revised and 1920 x 1080
-a ton of other misc changes
the old key should work with this version.
already tried it and i have to say, i'm impressed he somehow made it harder -_-

DudePerson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

this isn't a necro of a old game but instead a update, on his blog kyrieru.com he release a brand new update, the update contains basically the following
-H-Animations and some game animations
-Sounds
-Bosses have some different attacks
-CGs are revised and 1920 x 1080
-a ton of other misc changes
the old key should work with this version.
already tried it and i have to say, i'm impressed he somehow made it harder -_-
yeah, it's a good update.

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quick, question, just downloaded Version 8.1

Is there an unlock option for the gallery/CGs?

Or is there a specific way to transfer saves from older versions to newer versions of the game?