What's new

Lewd Warfare [Febuary16thDL]

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Lewd Warfare [Dec30thUpdateDL]

I've given the game a try. From a concept standpoint, awesome! I like the world map, army building, conquest and defense. I definitively agree about the "game map should be turn-based". I love the yuri-centric approach, and the planned consensual content from the project description. Plus, the art and characters are nice.

Regarding the main match-3 gameplay, I felt that things were a bit off. Do note the due to an injury I have only one usable hand for the moment, which made skill usage extremely inconvenient (especially since the skill icons can't be clicked), so that may have made first impressions more negative. I also very rarely play match 3 games and I'm not exceptional at those by any means.

Anyway, I know that a lot of the problem is presentation and balancing issues, to be expected from early development games. You get damaged extremely fast, to the point your character is sometime dead within 15 seconds (good luck learning your skills on first try, or that you can drag all the row and not just 1 step). Some characters super skills you can spam since they instantly repay for their cost, but generally get some mana and just spam the basic attack. Strange character switching (Click and drag anywhere, even to the enemy team). Overall, it doesn't actually feel like a fight and doesn't offer much feedback to the player.

I also hit a lot of bugs (Victory message appearing when enemy still had 25% HP, and game got stuck, tiles getting stuck under another, ect), but none I could reproduce, so not too helpful for you, sorry.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Lewd Warfare [Dec30thUpdateDL]

I've given the game a try. From a concept standpoint, awesome! I like the world map, army building, conquest and defense. I definitively agree about the "game map should be turn-based". I love the yuri-centric approach, and the planned consensual content from the project description. Plus, the art and characters are nice.

Regarding the main match-3 gameplay, I felt that things were a bit off. Do note the due to an injury I have only one usable hand for the moment, which made skill usage extremely inconvenient (especially since the skill icons can't be clicked), so that may have made first impressions more negative. I also very rarely play match 3 games and I'm not exceptional at those by any means.

Anyway, I know that a lot of the problem is presentation and balancing issues, to be expected from early development games. You get damaged extremely fast, to the point your character is sometime dead within 15 seconds (good luck learning your skills on first try, or that you can drag all the row and not just 1 step). Some characters super skills you can spam since they instantly repay for their cost, but generally get some mana and just spam the basic attack. Strange character switching (Click and drag anywhere, even to the enemy team). Overall, it doesn't actually feel like a fight and doesn't offer much feedback to the player.

I also hit a lot of bugs (Victory message appearing when enemy still had 25% HP, and game got stuck, tiles getting stuck under another, ect), but none I could reproduce, so not too helpful for you, sorry.

The combat itself has been unmoved for a while been trying to get all the systems around it up and working, I'm pretty aware that the skills are pretty unbalanced and that are some are spamable. We've got a long list of things to do and only so much free time whilst people still have day jobs.

On the list of things for next month though Rebindable keys is still on that list. Along with the ability to pause the game so you can look at your skills. Later on we will have a tutorial but its not top of the list atm. Ideally there'd be a lot more to the combat system then their is nice from the dialog aspect, the critical system,combo skills,more party management & passive effects. There are also no healer type characters in the current set up so the game is a bit broken for recovering right now.

Not heard of the Victory message appearing early bug so that's a new report thanks. The tiles getting stuck is a consistent bug from the original programmers code he is no longer involved with the project and admitted that the shape code is a bad quality(The elements/nodes) Its taken some time for my new guy to figure things out. Its not game breaking bad atm so we've not fixed it yet.

I'd like things to go quicker but it'l have to go at this pace until we can afford otherwise. Having to take up so many odd jobs to budget.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Lewd Warfare [Feb16thUpdate]

Version 0.23

Lots of extra text from Noximous one of the two programmers.

Changelog

- UI Changes

- Turn Based Mode

- Difficulty

- Save/Load System

- Additional Map Controls

- Clickable Skills

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Lewd Warfare [Febuary16thDL]

Thanks for the new update! The interface did get better, the world map works a lot better now with its turn based system and clickable skill buttons are a welcome thing (thanks!). I'm not sure if there's been a change regarding that point or if I've been luckier, but I don't lose battles in 5 seconds like I used to in the previous patch.

So very welcome things all around. I did hit some bugs very quickly though, one in particular being kind of nasty.

1) If you click the "Move Selected" on units that have moved this turn already OR click "Move Selected" without actually selecting any unit, it's going to freeze your selection. You can't click any territories, you can't cancel out. The End Turn button DOES work, but you'll still be unable to select any territories. Going back to the menu does fix the problem. The problem seems to happen 100% of the time, so it's consistent. It also occasionally occurs right after a battle (especially a loss), but not always.

2) You don't keep your resources (gold) after loading the game.

3) I had one case of a Tavern window suddenly appearing, saying: "Testing. Lets try typing a bunch of random crap in order to see if I can spam the living shit out of the dialogue system just so I can see how the word wrapping works ect." with 6 selections all saying Choice. It happened right after a battle, no way out of the window and had to close out the game.

4) The "right-click" on the tavern on the map does not give the same options as the one in the one on the top right. On the right-click tavern (I think it might be obsolete now?), trying to buy a pint even if you have the gold for it says "Make your own brew".

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for the new update! The interface did get better, the world map works a lot better now with its turn based system and clickable skill buttons are a welcome thing (thanks!). I'm not sure if there's been a change regarding that point or if I've been luckier, but I don't lose battles in 5 seconds like I used to in the previous patch.

So very welcome things all around. I did hit some bugs very quickly though, one in particular being kind of nasty.

1) If you click the "Move Selected" on units that have moved this turn already OR click "Move Selected" without actually selecting any unit, it's going to freeze your selection. You can't click any territories, you can't cancel out. The End Turn button DOES work, but you'll still be unable to select any territories. Going back to the menu does fix the problem. The problem seems to happen 100% of the time, so it's consistent. It also occasionally occurs right after a battle (especially a loss), but not always.

2) You don't keep your resources (gold) after loading the game.

3) I had one case of a Tavern window suddenly appearing, saying: "Testing. Lets try typing a bunch of random crap in order to see if I can spam the living shit out of the dialogue system just so I can see how the word wrapping works ect." with 6 selections all saying Choice. It happened right after a battle, no way out of the window and had to close out the game.

4) The "right-click" on the tavern on the map does not give the same options as the one in the one on the top right. On the right-click tavern (I think it might be obsolete now?), trying to buy a pint even if you have the gold for it says "Make your own brew".
Thanks for the feedback/bug report we're working on those now thanks to you :D Yea the tavern in the corner was mean't to be a shortcut so you could use the chat functionalities if you didn't actually own a tavern. Though the original concept behind the tavern system was quite old and implied that we'd have more characters to use the system better. In the end we found it was easier just to make the tavern simpler until a later date. Looking into that to.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This is a bit of a talk post.
I just wrote something up on patreon in regards to this.

I honestly thought we'd have the content by now with the additional factions in the game. Unfortunately for us the artist doing it lost interest the project quite early on and hadn't told me until much later when I picked up another artist to pick up the slack. The new artist whilst also great is busy working for another team most of the time "marble syrup" so in order to get the game to move forward visually I have to do something. Along with raising more money for the project. I know Lewd Warfare can't be done quickly at this rate without full time staff.

Another project
I've joint funded a full time artist for a Html Visual Novel project of which the Main character is a Male to Female Crossdresser. Set in a Fantasy world in which they adventure. The project writer & Editor is also a fan of this kind of content and shared the funding with me for art expenses. This will come under the same patreon as the current Lewd Warfare. The HD version will be available to backers whilst a Free Html(WebGl) version will be available.

This project is due to be finished in 1-2 months time at a sum of around 20k-25K words total. If Patreon grows from this then It'l help any future side projects like this and help us fund the full time development of Lewd Warfare.

*edit* Modified the post.

Last edited:

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Unfortunately for us the artist doing it lost interest the project quite early on and hadn't told me until much later when I picked up another artist to pick up the slack.
Does that mean some of arts will get changed or the new artist will just pick off where the old one left off?

Also how are things going?

Last edited:

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

(game has yuri, gets nose bleed) YEEEEESSSSSSSS! 1000 thumbs up! :D

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does that mean some of arts will get changed or the new artist will just pick off where the old one left off?

Also how are things going?
Most likely what will happen is the new artist will pick up where the old one left off but maybe at some later time we'l address what ppl think. Potentially we could go down a route I see many Dmm games do that involve multiple artists that work on different kind of (character sets)

Considering both arcanist and draconian sprites were completely finished by the previous artist we may later just have a kinda "legacy" version of the art assets as a options component. Or as a future stretch kinda thing have alternatives of character arts from other artists as a thing itself.

Update on the project overall.
I've been quietly updating things on patreon with new versions etc just kept it a bit quiet publicly as I've been finishing up another title a visual novel that is 2 ish weeks from release that should raise more funds for the project and help move things along.

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

When i click on the link
"https://www.patreon.com/TsukiWare" it send me to this page "https://www.patreon.com/LewdWarfare".... i don't think is right.... right?

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

When i click on the link
"https://www.patreon.com/TsukiWare" it send me to this page "https://www.patreon.com/LewdWarfare".... i don't think is right.... right?
Fixed it thanks not tons of activity on Lewd Warfare right now to be honest though mostly internal programming. The patreon covers my other games now though and I've posted on their a few times that the other title sales will go back into funding LW. There is not very much activity on LW cause both artists left/became to busy to work with us or wanted more then I could afford. I've got two great new artists that are easy and friendly to work with right now but its better to finish more simple projects until i can seriously refund Lewd Warfare and it never picked up the budget of other projects around here.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hmm... checked it out, I like the idea, but I'm not impressed currently. Doesn't feel like a game that's been in dev for over a year. I'm hesitant to compare this to breeding season, but that's the first thing that comes to mind (especially with the artist issues).

Suggestions:

Easy should probably be a bit easier for people to pick up the learning curve. It took me a minute to even figure out what I was supposed to be doing in combat, and not everyone plays line up the colors games, so some will be better than others. I'm guessing that I'm still missing something (are certain combos better for certain chars? Do certain combos hurt certain chars?).

Make it obvious what works in the first post. I have no idea what is a bug, and what just isn't done.

Based on what others have wrote, I'm guessing the stuff below may be bugs.

Once a unit is moved, it loses the check box for being moved again. Permanently.

End of turn will expand enemy factions a bit, but that seems to die off before reaching me every time.

Recruit doesn't seem to work, ever (even with several hundred gold and some/all chars dead)

Join a table seems to only give the 'everyone stares at you response'. Happens with both factions, and doesn't matter how much chatting you do with them by sitting alone.

Satsujinki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Let me ask 1 thing....

Is there actually a corruption element in this game?

(Would be better if there is an evil form change)