What's new

Library Courtyard

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Library Courtyard

Grave continued to stare as the scene unfolded. It was pretty damn obvious he was getting more and more bewildered by the whole thing, his eyebrows rising higher and higher. Glancing briefly at Delilah, the pyromancer let out a sigh. "You know... Don't you think they're starting to sound like a married couple or something?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toring grumbles something into his beard. This isn't how he had wanted things to go. "I'm not really hurt, though," he says in an effort to calm her down, the drying blood on his forehead crumbling as his brow furrows. "My father messed me up much worse when I screwed up a hunt," he adds with a shrug. Toring had trouble figuring out just why Jess was as agitated as she was. Was she upset because she had been pranked? Because she thought she hurt somebody she cared about? Or was it something else entirely? He does loosen his grip on her slightly, enough to allow her to slip out on her own accord.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

A little of both theories seemed the most likely, to the lycan.

Jess started to struggle free when she felt his grip loosen, but changed her mind and stopped, kiving him another kick, this time feeling rather half-hearted. "Meanest thing I've ever seen..." She repeated. "Don't you ever do that again, you hear me?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toring can't help but grin. "I won't throw myself down stairs anymore for your affection, I promise." The arm around her body is taken away, but he's in no hurry to remove the one around her legs, effectively allowing her to sit on it if she wishes.
However, the lycan is becoming increasingly aware of all the eyes resting on them. He clears his throat and tucks a stray curl of blond hair behind his ear. "So," he says in a louder voice. "Where are we standing in the portal issue?"

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Delilah giggled at Grave. "They do! They sound like mother and father when he comes to visit us..."

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bibble moves away from the tree she's been studying under and places the Titan's blood into the arch, careful not to spill a single drop, and uses a small amount of power to energize it after ceiling the channel, causing it to move through the channel in a rush, flowing in a counterclockwise motion. The arch gives off a low hum and Bibble clears her throat loudly. "If we're all ready, Jess! I'm going to need you to activate this, Professor Ramielle, Please oversee Jess and at the first sign of danger pull her away, I don't want anyone hurt. Grave! I need you to watch the power flow for fluctuations as I'll be too concentrated on the Blood and Jess. When everyone is ready then I'll get started, Make sure everyone but Jess is at least 4 feet away from me." She shouts over her assembled friends, nervous as hell and hoping nothing went violently wrong. This second prototype was both more powerful and more stable, But if it were to meltdown like the first the results could be catastrophic...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess chuckles a bit, then swats Toring in the chest. "I'm still angry at you." She told the lycan, glaring at him before she slipped down to walk over to the project.

"Yeah, all ready, set me up." She tells Bibble, watching the contraption intently.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Servante's brow narrows as his attention turns to Bibble and whatever the hell kind of contraption she's made is primed. He never really understood why land dwellers found such a fascination with machinery, and he sure as hell didn't share the same fascination in them. Despite his uncaring attitude towards these people Servante keeps himself alert and ready should something go wrong with the machine and he needs to use his magic.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh joy. Another run with the copper menace... At least the bloody barrels ain't here. Acid explosions are not fun..." Grave sighed as he began to move closer to the contraption. Dealing with large amounts of energy wasn't something new for him. Hell, anyone who specialized in manipulating some kind of energy - heat, lightning, whatever - had to have a certain degree of proficiency in that, given the nature of their magic. He kept his distance from Bibble, well aware of the fact that even if she wasn't directing her power at him, staying too close to a mage casting a strong spell was just plain stupid. "Ya people might want to put some distance between you and this thing, I've seen what happened to the prototype... Not saying it'll blow up now, but just in case. And if I say run, you better do so." He was, after all, in the best position to detect any signs of things going south, and would probably be the first one to notice if something went wrong.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Jess came over and Bibble began to draw on her she hoped she could take it, the drain was going to be something she most likely hadn't dealt with before. But Jess was tough as raw-hide and Bibble had faith in her friend. The diminutive alchemist channels a massive surge of power into the blood which begins to shine with a violently unnatural light and begins to cycle through the machine at an insane pace. And a few seconds later, with Bibble keeping a stream of power flowing through the M-2 there is a feeling of backlash through Bibble and then, Nothing. The blood spins, the machine hums, but apart from this the Machine produces no visible results whatsoever. Cutting the flow and patting Jess on the shoulder Bibble kills the machine and returns the blood back to its container. Handing this back to the professor she mutters an apology and leaves the courtyard, wandering in the direction of the dorms to catch up on some sleep. If they needed her she would be passed out in her room. She didn't even have the energy to try and figure out what was wrong, after 2 attempts to get the thing to work she had nothing left to give and better she pass out in her bed then collapse there in the courtyard.

Last edited:
OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Delilah blinked with a murmured, "That was anticlimactic. So it seems we can't reconstruct what they're doing without something else to add to the mix. We'll let her sleep and see if we can figure it out without her."

During the power surge through the machine, Professor Ramielle had gotten a glimmer of an idea that turned into a full fledged idea of what they were doing wrong. Of course, it was very, very illegal.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toring watched, along with everybody else, as Bibble's experiment failed... or, as he would put it, succeeded in not killing anybody. "So," he said, scratching his ribs, "lunch, then?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess just sighed, feeling drained herself, though not as much as she was expecting when it started. Bibble rested a hand on the halfling's shoulder as she severed the connection, then wandered right off, headed in the direction of the dorms. Jess just sat down where she was. "Huh." she said simply.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave blinked. "I... Did not see this coming." The pyromancer scratched his head as he glanced at the machine, frowning. This was unusual. So much power, so much preparation, even extra reagents for good measure... And nothing? Something was wrong with the theory behind the invention, or there was something amiss. "So... What now?" He asked, directing the question to the professor. He didn't have much of an idea, though perhaps he could go and ask someone about the meeting with otherworlder.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The professor narrowed her eyes, retracing Bibble's experiment in her head, over and over... she stood absolutely still, so still that one might suspect magical paralysis were it not for her lips murmuring as she silently recounted all the relevant reading and lectures she had been a party to, over the years. The courtyard, the students, the library disappeared, leaving only the experiment and copious amounts of data.

She stood absolutely still for several moments, even as Grave asked his perfectly legitimate question. Suddenly her eyes opened wider, and for a moment her gray irises seem to flicker into a more silver color, but it is so brief that Grave isn't certain if it even happened at all. Her lips murmur a word that sounds something like "otter."

Her face takes on a pained expression. She looks around, seemingly bewildered. In fact, she doesn't even seem to know where she is for a moment.

Last edited:
OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Delilah tilted her head to the side and took very tiny steps until she was standing in front of the professor. "Professor Ramielle? Are... are you okay?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave watched the sudden and unexpected reaction with a look of mild interest and suprise on his face. He was used to the fact that some mages tended to react in weird ways when they've encountered something that really caught their interest. Hell, he was one such mage. Was this some kind of her own "science freakout"? "Uh... You ok, professor?" He kept some distance between her and himself, just in case she turned out to be as volatile as he was.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Servante watches the experiment closely, ever ready should any problems arise. Though nothing did. In fact, nothing at all seemed to happen. The young selkie shows a moment of confusion before erasing his expression. Releasing his magic he watches Bibble traipse back towards the dorms before speaking.

"Wwell that wwas a colossal wwaste of time," The selkie mutters though loud enough for those near him to overhear. With his mind spoken Servante moves away from the door, his hands slipping into his trouser pockets and sets off towards the dorms, the group probably assuming he's grown bored.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Before Servante got too far he could feel waves of what had to be magical energy coming from the group of Warmages that had hung behind Ramielle. Seeing as he had never felt what Delilah described with such ease he could either stop and go back, or he could continue what he was doing.

Two of them (ones that appeared to be human) were standing, whispering to each other while the two Centaurs in front looked on with shock and disbelief at the perfectly undisturbed project. The dapple grey raised an eyebrow at the chestnut and both moved forward to examine the object, when the two humans behind them changed forms rabidly and bit the centaurs in half.

The two dragons, for that's what they were, grinned horribly at one another. One could tell (if one was familiar with the race, of course) that both of these males were young and barely into adulthood. Both of them were an eery shade of greenish black and they didn't look like any of the colors mentioned when learning the histories.

The one to the left opened his maw a little and acidic spit dribbled from his mouth, while the other spoke in a horrible rasping voice. "Give us the little human's machine and we won't eat all of you," Then he laughed, certain that he had this situation under control.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

As the ripples of magical energy reach Servante he turns around to see what had caused the disturbance. He looks on in horror as the two dragons easily slaughter the centaurs before turning their attention on the group.

"No one screwws wwith these land dwwellers except me," The young selkie growls out angrily as he focuses his magical energy, attempting to latch onto the water in the air and pull it around the heads of the two dragons.