What's new

Little question about RPG Maker games

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I just have a little question. I would like to change a certain value in the game Arms devicer+. I want to change the amount of lust you increase, if you have sex or get raped in the game. is there a way to change RPG Maker games in this kind without any special software or what would be needed to change the content of the game?

Thanks in advance

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Little question about RPG Maker games

You mean change memory hex values? like cheating?
If that's what you're talking about then i'm afraid you can't change that directly from within the game unless it's not compiled and you can edit it directly from RPG Maker. This way you could just go to the database and alter the desired param.
If the game is compiled then there's no way to change it (assuming the game doesn't let you change it in any way)

Last edited:

Exa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think there is a software called Cheat Engine that allows you to edit the Game.rgss3a of the rpg maker games.
There are some tutorials, I think the method is really easy.
Every number in the game is coded with the formula 2x+1 , with x being the value you want.
Tutorials will explain you how to find the value you want to change etc..

BlueBurn

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Cheat engine is a real time memory editor so all you can do with it is change current memory values or lock them at a certain value.

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You mean change memory hex values? like cheating?
If that's what you're talking about then i'm afraid you can't change that directly from within the game unless it's not compiled and you can edit it directly from RPG Maker. This way you could just go to the database and alter the desired param.
If the game is compiled then there's no way to change it (assuming the game doesn't let you change it in any way)
You can use a decompiler/decrypter like RPGDecrypter to convert the rgss files into the data files. You then just need to add an appropriate project file to the folder (any such file is sufficient) and you can then open the game in RPG Maker IDE and change the game. You need the corresponding version of RPG Maker that the game was created for of course.

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You can use a decompiler/decrypter like RPGDecrypter to convert the rgss files into the data files. You then just need to add an appropriate project file to the folder (any such file is sufficient) and you can then open the game in RPG Maker IDE and change the game. You need the corresponding version of RPG Maker that the game was created for of course.
Yeah i forgot about that infamous decompiler. Using that you can open the game as if it was never compiled.

OP
D

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

well i dont mean it as cheating really. its just taking too long to corrupt your hero if it only raises 3 points each time. i would something like 10 or 20. thats all :)

Szzazz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The only ways I can think of doing the change you've suggested are:
A) Decrypt the game archive, open in RPGMaker (whatever version fits), find the event that increases the lust (usually something in Common Events, might be one or more), and change that increase to 10 or 20 as you prefer. Save the project again and you'll be good.

B) Open the game, pull up Cheat Engine, locate your lust when it increases, find what code writes to that location, replace it with code that increases your lust by more. You'll probably have to do this each time you load up the game.

The easier one IMO is A, but B is free if you're willing to put in a lot of extra legwork.

OP
D

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

thanks for the answers guys. if i can figure it out i might try them :)

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

In my opinion, the easiest option is using cheat engine, finding lust stat, and then just modifying it. You can change it by the amount you desire whenever you do a lust event, or you can just give it a massive boost if desired. Takes 2-5 min depending on how long the lust increasing scenes are in-game, and if it takes 2 or 3 searches to isolate the variable. Formula is x*2+1 when searching for your variable (cheat engine can do the math if you're feeling lazy). The problem with decompiling and modifying common events is that theres a good chance every scene is going to have a different event (I believe they can get around that with certain scripting, but honestly it isn't worth bothering with in most cases), and you may have issues finding the one you want to modify (if you only want to change one), or finding them all (if you want to change most/all of them)

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah i'm with raska42 here. You'd want to go the cheat engine way. Depending on the kind of programmer who did the game they can't be difficult to alter or even find

Last edited:

dxasmodeus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you are going to use Cheat Engine to muck with RPG Maker games, there is something important you need to know.

RPG Maker games change the values in memory to try and prevent hex editing. In memory, take the variable you want to change and multiply by two and add 1 to get the actual number stored in memory.

Here is the formula

Variable in Memory=(True Variable*2)+1

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

But only for Famitsu RPG maker games. Wolf RPG store them as simple integer values. E.g. if you want to change your HP and your HP is 499, simply search for 499.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

RPG Maker games change the values in memory to try and prevent hex editing.
Er, no they don't? Or at least not for that reason. Famitsu couldn't care less if you're hex editting RPGMaker. Rather RPGMaker XP/VX/VX Ace are all based off of Ruby, and Ruby uses an encoding scheme to store smaller integers in pointers (which can also resolve to other values as well). The fact that it's harder to hack with Cheat Engine is a side-effect.

And for the people who don't mind a little bit of setting up, is worth a read. It gives instructions on how you can set up Cheat Engine with a special data type that takes care of the conversion for you, so you can just search for the values instead.

OP
D

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I dont know if anyone of you ever tried this but this is what happens with Cheat Engine.
I tried to search for the lust stat. i typed in my current stat. The tutorials showed that i should increase it now and type in the new value and click on next scan but then nothing is shown anymore. So i tried the method "increased value" so that only increased values are shown. 3 remained. then drank some elixir again and clicked again. At the end i got one value but now the strange thing: the value changed every second and was not a fixed one. even when i tried to change it, it was overwritten the next second.

Does anyone have experience with the program and can tell me whats going on?

Update: ok forget it i understood the thing with 2*1+1 now and it worked ^^ but if i understood correctly i cant change the formula ingame right? So i have to change the value myself everytime i get a lust event correct?

Last edited:

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score

Update: ok forget it i understood the thing with 2*1+1 now and it worked ^^ but if i understood correctly i cant change the formula ingame right? So i have to change the value myself everytime i get a lust event correct?
Well, if the lust event adds lust to it naturally then no, unless it -removes- lust and you want to keep it, then you can just simply freeze the value of the lust stat, meaning it will never change until you close the game.

2x: To freeze a value is easy as can be, just tick the white checkbox under "Active"

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, there is no singular "Lust adding" event in this game.

Most of the additions that happen are done on a scene by scene basis, not only that, the higher the libido is, the more lust is added on.

So for example, on the defeat rape scene, it adds +3 libido if your libido count is under 200 I think, the next scene you get (once you pass 200) will add +5 and so on, I think it caps out around +8 but I'm not 100% sure on that. Been a while since I looked at the events in detail.

Edit: As far as changing the values in cheat engine goes, this game is INCREDIBLY picky about letting that method work, there are times I've edited the value and locked it only to have it switch back
immediately, I THINK it has something to do with a script that writes the value to another memory address which then overwrites the original.

I've had some success if I make sure that the libido stat is the first thing I search for using Cheat Engine, so no changing the speed or anything like that, just search for the libido right away, it works like 70% of the time.