What's new

Looking For A Tool For Making A Game

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score
Alrighty, I've decided to try my hand at making either a RoR or FoR (Fight or Rape) game again, but I no longer have poser in my posession, which is what I was using to do my characters and animations last time. Are there any tools that anyone is aware of that might help make character sprites in various states of undress, as well as animate them both in terms of walking, running, firing a weapon, and also in various stage of sexual play?

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Looking For A Tool For Making A Game

Im interested in this too.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

have you tried rpgmaker?

Octogon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use Daz studio, which is free. It's similar to Poser and can use the same figures if you have access to your old Poser library. You can get decent pictures quickly with good figure/shader choice and excellent CGs if you put in the time, but it's not all that well-suited to spritework. Some H-game developers (such as Toffi) also use Artificial Girl 3, which is a hentai game that allows you to create cel-shaded girls with various clothing/positions. I haven't tried it, so I can't speak to how easy it is to use compared to Poser/Daz.

If none of those are an option, you'll probably have to draw sprites. Most game makers come with a rudimentary image editor, but if you're serious about it you should find a copy of Photoshop to get things like layers. Playshapes manages to draw each character just once and then manage animations by moving parts of the image around - this is a much less time consuming option than drawing each frame individually, but it's also harder to make it look good.

If you're also looking for a game creation tool, Scirra's Construct is a good free option. Lots of choices, but there isn't much documentation yet - if you've ever used Multimedia Fusion, it's a very similar system. Game Maker and Flash are also good choices, and both are probably a little more powerful than Construct. RPG Maker XP or VX is easy to use and has a lot of graphics resources available, but it's also very limited to a specific style of game.

Good luck!

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

The overall best way to make the sprites is just to make them yourself really. Not the most easy way but the results can pay off way better.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Note: Instead of photoshop, you can also use GIMP, which supports layers. (And is FREE)

In case you don't know what layers are, go play VH a bit, and you may notice that there's about 5 bazillion sprites in the folder, many of which are just copies of one another with one tiny piece of clothing alteration.

Layers is the "modern" approach to doing this. Instead of drawing the girl 50 times, you draw her (typically nude) once, then create a "layer" over her, where you can draw clothes/cumsplashes/bruises/hot wax/etc over her (each one a different layer), then choose the layers you want to be displayed, allowing a single image drawn of your girl to be re-used many times with less effort on your part.

Unfortunately, if you're not going to use something like AG3 or Poser, then there's not going to be a huge amount of resources available to you for the kind of thing you're asking about. Even if there was such a tool, it would require someone to have drawn the girls in it, and you can bet it would soon become overused by everyone and your game's image would fall into generic oblivion. :(

Best of luck with your efforts.

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Something like AG3 was what I was meaning to ask about. I've used Poser to great effect before, though I don't know how many people remember the Community Game attempt over a year or so ago. The main concern there though is whether AG3 is smaller to an extent enough to be more worth downloading than Poser. What sort of animations systems and such does AG3 have available for things like walking?

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks for all the info guys. I decided to redownload poser after all.