What's new

Looking for an older game, can't remember much though...

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
I got one of those "played it years ago" games. I wish I had it in my archive or remembered part of the name at least, but that's why I'm asking you! Here's what I remember:

It played a bit like a mix of Lilipalace/Lilitales crossed with Dungeon Repeater. You repeatedly went into this house (or something similar) and tried getting to the end of the level. It was basically first person but the levels were always a straight corridor as far as I remember, and sometimes there were chests of the left you could loot? Anyway, there were traps and you had a certain number countermeasures / "get out of jail free"-type things that could get you out of a trap. I think there were keys for the chests too. When I try to think back to the items I always have the number 20 in my head so maybe that was the amount of things you could take? What I'm a little more sure on is there was a wooden horse style trap that you had a certain time to escape from.
When you didn't manage to escape a trap / lost, you would have to start at the beginning of the level again. I say it played like those other games because of the "first person"-esque perspective and the moving one step/room at a time and then having to deal with the trap/event before you can move on. Stealing stuff from chests was dangerous too because they would be trapped as well I think.

As you can tell I am really unsure about most of these details already since this was pretty long ago. But I tried looking on DLSite, clicked through dozens and dozens of pages of games on here and I just really want to try this again even if it might not be as good as I remember Would be a dream if you somehow knew what I'm talking about! :D Thanks in advance guys

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Probably not what you're thinking of but I'll at least throw out the name Spiderlilly to see if I'm even remotely close.