What's new

VN/TEXT [Lunasoft] Dungeons & Heroines ダンジョンズ&ヒロインズ-不思議の迷宮と異界の少女-

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lunasoft's next game is a rogue-like RPG in the same vein as their first outing "Mind Hacker".

The is up but no details other than pictures and biographies of the characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [Lunasoft] Dungeons & Heroines

Thanks for the no link to anything what-so-ever.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the no link to anything what-so-ever.
Not much to talk about even with a . Normally lazycat does these kind of public announcement posts.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ILL should sue for the title - copyright infringement :D

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Not much to talk about even with a . Normally lazycat does these kind of public announcement posts.
-x - I knew the site was opening soon since there was a slight update showing silhouettes of the girls earlier this month that mentions it.

But then I kinda forgot about it...

Although looking at the current page I'd still ponder whether it's worth posting with just the title image...

Anyyyyyyyyyyyhow, ranting/self-reflecting aside.
Here's some other tidbits.
1. It has clothing options (kinda like the magical girl game)

2. Its genre is "Roguelike RPG", which interestingly ISN'T what Mind Hacker list its genre as.

3. The sub-title is roughly Mysterious/Strange Labyrinth and the Otherworld Girl (interestingly it uses 異界 (google translate as alien world) and not the more typical 異世界 (different world)) - - which would explains why her clothing is that of student...kinda sorta...I mean there's game where you play as students that fight monsters...

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whenever i hear the word "Roguelike" i would always be reminded of "permadeath".
The art looks nice, i'm curious of how will the game be when it's completed.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Whenever i hear the word "Roguelike" i would always be reminded of "permadeath".
The art looks nice, i'm curious of how will the game be when it's completed.
Well, kinda sorta.

There's a trend of giving some form of 'progress' that isn't the stuffs you lose from 'death' to make it less 'classic' roguelike but also a lot more enjoyable.

For example, item/character unlocks in Risk of Rain.
Castle upgrade between generation in Rogue Legacy.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Its genre is "Roguelike RPG", which interestingly ISN'T what Mind Hacker list its genre as.
The genre name is different, but "Mind Hacker" was effectively a roguelike RPG since you started from level 1 each time you entered one of the mental dungeons. How good a player was depended on skill and the equipment picked up, which looks like what this game is going to focus on.

Details for now are still sketchy since the product webpage has nothing but the cover for the game. Release date is October so hopefully there'll be more to talk about over the coming weeks.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, kinda sorta.

There's a trend of giving some form of 'progress' that isn't the stuffs you lose from 'death' to make it less 'classic' roguelike but also a lot more enjoyable.

For example, item/character unlocks in Risk of Rain.
Castle upgrade between generation in Rogue Legacy.
Yeah, the trend's great to make quite a number of roguelike titles less stressful when deciding to continue on another run, i've never encountered an eroge combined with rouge-like element, i'm curious on how this game will be.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for talking about Mind Hacker, seems to be a great training/corruption game :D

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think the word you're looking for is "roguelite". Not that I'd get too worried about it. Genre classification is only useful if everybody agrees on a name or at least gets a vague idea of what you're taking about.

Color me interested though. I'll take any breaks I can get from the tired walk-and-talk rpg template.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think the word you're looking for is "roguelite". Not that I'd get too worried about it. Genre classification is only useful if everybody agrees on a name or at least gets a vague idea of what you're taking about.

Color me interested though. I'll take any breaks I can get from the tired walk-and-talk rpg template.
People also called them "Procedural death labyrinth" and "roguelike like(wut)", and indeed though, another gameplay besides the walk and talk rpg would be easier to approach for those who don't have japanese language in their fields of expertise and unable to use agth or any other software of the sorts, or plainly just because they got tired of it.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Update last Friday to the main game page. Costume changes affecting stats, clothing damage (reflected in the rape scenes) and multiple difficulty modes like the older Lunasoft games. Aside from the main character (Airi), another one named Fis appears to be some kind of magic-user who summoned Airi to her world to stop a monster from being revived.

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Are their any other roguelike hentai games currently similar to this one?

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

MaidenSnowEve for the gameplay, less for the 18+ scenes. Lunasoft's first game "Mind Hacker" mentioned earlier is also another example.

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

MaidenSnowEve for the gameplay, less for the 18+ scenes. Lunasoft's first game "Mind Hacker" mentioned earlier is also another example.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a look.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

- - So it's the magical girl game (clothing affect scene/stat) mix with Mind Hacker (that dungeon interface...) so far...

Well, there's gains and losses...

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Question what kind of game was it
A.GoR
B.Rape in battle like maidensnow
C. BOTH :D
D. None of above

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for talking about Mind Hacker, seems to be a great training/corruption game :D
OK, finished Mind Hacker, and what a waste it was!
- No story to see character in a day to day basis.
- No progressive corruption, and of course no story to see characters as they become more and more enslaved.

Feels like an alpha game done by a Japanese Akabur: I am so disappointed, seeing the wasted potential, it could have been a hit in the training/mind corruption genre, and I love the Ar Tonelico mind exploration parody! :(

I hope this one will be better, but I already see the same half finished feeling I will have with that one...