What's new

Announcement Madogen

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Anyone who has checked out should notice the frequent inclusion of images form the work in progress game 'Madogen'. Judging from the state of the screens put up, it seems like the game is coming along nicely.

Personally, however, that site is the only one I know of that has anything in particular to do with the game in development, and the image board is also often loaded with less relevant images. Is there anyone here who perhaps knows of a site the author has so that we can more closely follow their work on the game, and possibly chance at a demo or somesuch?

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score
Re: Madogen

Opened the application, got an empty window, empty window closed after 5 or so seconds. Lovely.

Does this need any regional settings? Also, a description of what it actually is would be nice, however brief.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's not much in the game atm, there's a tutorial level, a level with zombies that rape you if you get killed, and one where you play the troll from a certain other game. However, as troll all you can do is knock shit around.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Umm... Program can't start cuz its missing an audio file?

OP
Stiltzkinator

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Thanks much, Loli Defense Force! I'm surprised there's a demo at all, at least a public one. I was more curious as to how one could follow the progress of the game apart from that imageboard, and in that sense, you've certainly delivered.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umm... Program can't start cuz its missing an audio file?
Likely you downloaded either the wrong file or don't have japanese regional settings. The author has not separated the audio/game files before and I doubt he will start now.

Thanks much, Loli Defense Force! I'm surprised there's a demo at all, at least a public one. I was more curious as to how one could follow the progress of the game apart from that imageboard, and in that sense, you've certainly delivered.
The problem with this author is not that he does not release demos, but instead that he does nothing BUT prototypes at the moment. He did eventually finish Evigen, to an extent, but Twintale and the other game continue to remain unfinish as something new and shiny (3D) has caught his eye.

OP
Stiltzkinator

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

That would explain why I've not heard of any of his proijects before.

For the moment, at least, the author's showing what they're capable of with the 'memory' option at the title screen. The game itself controls very awkwardly (or maybe I'm just not used to it yet) but if he continues to work on this, it could be very good. I guess that goes for just about most things though.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Sure there's nothing missing? I ran it with Japanese regional settings and I still got the loading screen for 5 seconds, then it closed itself.

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

request working version? it closes and i run regional settings
(i'm not messing up on the rg settings.)