What's new

[Complete - Full] Magnolia:Zero -Schoolgirl Agent- (RJ151556)(v1.3) English Translation

Oir

Reputation score
11.jpg

Trying to dip my toe into translation and will be working on what looks like a great and well-polished game:

Yugifan3 has a partial but I'll probably just start from scratch so everything's cohesive.

This will be an edited MTL. Apologies if that upsets anyone. I'll be going line by line through multiple translators and of course playing through the game to get the context in order to give the most accurate localization.

Some of my favourite translations are edited MTL and I hope to measure up to them. I'm confident in my writing abilities as a native-English speaker and will do my best to make everything sound sexy and natural uwu.

I already have a copy of the game from the hgg2d thread but I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could provide a save with all scenarios unlocked and as many weapons/items as possible. This will dramatically improve my ability to quickly test the game. Please keep in mind I'll be working on v1.3 of the game (not sure if that breaks previous saves).

Translation is finished although I couldn't figure out how to get the H-scenes to change to English despite completing their translation in Translator++.

Thanks and enjoy!

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg 44.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
ah yes, completely forgot the name and now finally i found this game again. one of my first game in H-games world, i miss it
i never know about the story since i wasn't a good JP speaker at the time, good news to hear someone willing to translate it.
personally i don't mind with edited MTL, i just expect a decent (readable) translation from it, even if it gonna be long work i will wait.

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
Translation will probably be out in the next few days. All events and maps have been translated - only the H-scenes remain.

Mick2000

Reputation score
Translation will probably be out in the next few days. All events and maps have been translated - only the H-scenes remain.
that's... a rather fast work you did there, i mean i know how short the game is and all but damn.

Reactions: Oir
OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
Translation is....done but not really.
I was never able to get the H-scenes to translate. Translator++ was able to extract the H-scene text from (what I believe is) the main.rvdata2 file and I was indeed able to translate those H-scenes.
But applying the translated patch to the game never actually managed to change the H-scene text.

Here's the translation file if anybody else wants to give it a shot (the actual English Patch is in the OP).
But for now, that's just gonna be a bit of a disappointing ending unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thank you for your patience and please enjoy!

Attachments

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Wasn't going to say anything but since you had an issue, I thought this game was translated previously, if so you might want to look at what that translator did.

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
Wasn't going to say anything but since you had an issue, I thought this game was translated previously, if so you might want to look at what that translator did.
Yes, you're right. Yugifan has a partial. I've reached out to a few translators including him but haven't been able to figure anything out for this yet.
Appreciate the tip though, thank you!

Mick2000

Reputation score
so... are you done with this and move on or still attempting to translate the H-Scene, personally i don't mind with the current one since i'm interest with the story more if anything.

MediocreTranslation

Reputation score
Translation is....done but not really.
I was never able to get the H-scenes to translate. Translator++ was able to extract the H-scene text from (what I believe is) the main.rvdata2 file and I was indeed able to translate those H-scenes.
But applying the translated patch to the game never actually managed to change the H-scene text.

Here's the translation file if anybody else wants to give it a shot (the actual English Patch is in the OP).
But for now, that's just gonna be a bit of a disappointing ending unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thank you for your patience and please enjoy!
The best way to do this is to edit the game in rpgmaker to see how the scenes work, that way you'll know where the text is and you can replace it manually.

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
so... are you done with this and move on or still attempting to translate the H-Scene, personally i don't mind with the current one since i'm interest with the story more if anything.
I'm currently done with this and moving on. Like I said, the H-scenes have been translated in the Translator++ .trans file. If anybody knows how to actually apply it properly to the game, the translated H-scenes are there. The story which you're interested in should be good to go. Please enjoy!

The best way to do this is to edit the game in rpgmaker to see how the scenes work, that way you'll know where the text is and you can replace it manually.
The H-scenes were nowhere to be found at all in the RPGMaker program. That's actually what I attempted first.
Translator++ was the only thing that could even get me the H-scenes at all. I would've loved to keep translating in the RPGMaker engine if it was able to access everything.

The tip is appreciated though, thank you!

MediocreTranslation

Reputation score
The H-scenes were nowhere to be found at all in the RPGMaker program. That's actually what I attempted first.
Translator++ was the only thing that could even get me the H-scenes at all. I would've loved to keep translating in the RPGMaker engine if it was able to access everything.

The tip is appreciated though, thank you!
Really?
Interesting, when I can get the game I'll check it to see if I can figure it out.

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
Really?
Interesting, when I can get the game I'll check it to see if I can figure it out.
Yeah, maybe I missed something super obvious haha. This is my first translation so fully expecting it to have been right under my nose.
Thank you very much!

bazeeeng

Reputation score
Have you tried changing some text like on the opening or menu? If there's no change whatsoever, then something's wrong with export function.
Try making new project with the raw version and import the data from the original .trans to the new one.
Sometimes T++ just ignore the cache file made by RPGtrans and end up with no change at all.

And try not to change version of T++ in between project, might cause some issues in exporting the data as well.

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
Have you tried changing some text like on the opening or menu? If there's no change whatsoever, then something's wrong with export function.
Try making new project with the raw version and import the data from the original .trans to the new one.
Sometimes T++ just ignore the cache file made by RPGtrans and end up with no change at all.

And try not to change version of T++ in between project, might cause some issues in exporting the data as well.
I tried what you said of making a new project with the base game and importing the old .trans and re-exporting that but unfortunately the result was the same.
To clarify, everything translates just fine except for the H-scenes and H-scene gallery.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind for future translations!

z3r0nx

Lurker
Reputation score
In one of the scripts, a boolean variable is used to determine whether to use the patch file. When I set it to false to not use the patch, the H-scene translations work, although I don't know if it messes anything up.
(However, Scenes 3-7 and 9 seem to still not be translated.)

I also made some other changes so translations appear for names, text for terminal choices, and gallery descriptions.
Also I changed some of the character names, as I think they are named after German numbers.

Attachments

OP
Oir

Oir

Reputation score
In one of the scripts, a boolean variable is used to determine whether to use the patch file. When I set it to false to not use the patch, the H-scene translations work, although I don't know if it messes anything up.
(However, Scenes 3-7 and 9 seem to still not be translated.)

I also made some other changes so translations appear for names, text for terminal choices, and gallery descriptions.
Also I changed some of the character names, as I think they are named after German numbers.
Dang, thank you a ton for fixing that! I'll see what's up with the missing H-scenes but you getting it working is already amazingly helpful!