What's new

Making a game. [Elfdom]

animenut

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey, long time lurker here. I've become quite the artist over the years and desire to make a game! I'll post the concept art here eventually but basically what I'm looking for is your opinion on what makes a good h-game. Should it be a side-scroller or an rpg, should it be cg only or have small animation during battle, and npc events.

As for the premise of the game I'm making. You play as a dark elf, living in a remote village, who must now prove herself as a warrior by travelling the lands and becoming a sell-sword of some renown, as a right of passage. The game will be mostly about exploring new regions, fighting monsters with multiple different scenes depending on how you are defeated (or win?). I will probably thrown in random npc events in towns and other pit stops.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Making a game. [Elfdom]

Rpg maker is the lowest common denominator in the way of making an rpg. If you want to go with a side scroller i would suggest either gamw maker studio or unity.

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For exploration and to make something basic you have it easier with a RPG, same way if this is your first project because RPGM is more user friendly and a lot of things are made plug and play for your project. But for the love of god at least make some custom graphics and try not to use the RTP.

For something more ambitious I think a sidescroller with a few levels would look much better, get rid of the exploration if you don't have experience with Game Maker or Unity and focus on making simple levels so you'll have an easier time with the programming.

I think this is obvious but animation is a lot better than CGs, if you can do animation then give it a shot, if you can't then just do CGs.

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1. Start a project you think you can actually finish.
2. Don't make it too hard, OR too easy, if possible - balance the "rewards" (boobies) with the amount of time spent on the game.
3. Make sure the GAME is fun too, not just for ze boobies.
4. RPG/Side Scroller/Visual Novel, CGs/Animated, all this is up to YOU - some people like one over the other, but if you DON'T like it then don't do it. You might burn out and not want to continue because you don't like it.
5. Have fun and fap like a demon.
6. Need help with ideas? Drop me a message or on mah . Need help with programming stuff? Barreytor's a (certifiable).

The idea for your game sounds pretty straight forward and interesting. Hope to see more of it in the future.
-VSPAR

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

4. RPG/Side Scroller/Visual Novel, CGs/Animated, all this is up to YOU - some people like one over the other, but if you DON'T like it then don't do it. You might burn out and not want to continue because you don't like it.
This. There is an audience for any kind of content. Do something you are interested in and/or whatever is easiest for you. And don't hesitate to ask for help if you run into trouble, you'd be surprised how many of us are willing to help (if we can).

As for the premise, it sounds more RPG-ish to me. The first thing I thought of was a top-down ARPG when I read that. Any of the game creation programs out there should be able to do it, just find one you are comfortable with. It may be a matter of whether you want to mess with actual coding/programming though. If you want to know about any of them, just ask. I have tried a good many of them, and other users would likely share their experiences as well.