What's new

VN/TEXT [Marble Syrup] Crusoe Had It Easy

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Crusoe Had It Easy

The closest to a "get away with it" ending is having her like you to the point that she'd have initiated the sex, before you "rape" her.

You only get to fuck her the once, and she takes a positively moronic stand on a positively retarded (though arguably accurate) legal principle to say that hey, although she loved it, and although she was totally going to jump you if you lay quietly, yet still you've actually fucked up because her formal consent wasn't yet given at the precise time of penetration... but eh.

ALMOST counts.

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The closest to a "get away with it" ending is having her like you to the point that she'd have initiated the sex, before you "rape" her.

You only get to fuck her the once, and she takes a positively moronic stand on a positively retarded (though arguably accurate) legal principle to say that hey, although she loved it, and although she was totally going to jump you if you lay quietly, yet still you've actually fucked up because her formal consent wasn't yet given at the precise time of penetration... but eh.

ALMOST counts.
Misandry, aka "the therm I had to look for at Wikipedia because unlike misogyny it's not on every media's tongue." Wow, even spell checker does not recognize it.

To get the girl, you have to please her enough so she rapes you, which leads to good end and considered normal. If you rape her, you are a terrible monster and should feel lucky to be left alive. Protagonist is smart enough to drug the girl if they are in a conflict, then acts like a complete retard and just goes to sleep without a slightest attempt to cover tracks. Heroine is a total hypocrite with double standards who readily jumps you in your sleep yet all but kills you if you do the same.

In light of this I find both of them highly unlikable and are conflicted about this VN. Art is good, idea is solid if somewhat overused, writing is good enough to capture interest.. but after completing several routes I find myself so irritated with both heroes and their inconsistent behavior that it leaves bad taste afterwards.

6/10 for good art and with hope that scripts of future projects will be better thought out.

OP
M

marblesyrup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Me and Ben (the main writer) talk about the rape stuff in the Commentary Mode, and I don't think you would have reacted so harshly if you'd played through it.

Basically, we don't think rape fantasies are wrong AT ALL, and we don't feel like in-game rapes HAD to lead to bad "oh you're a horrible person" endings, but in this setting, it would have been unnatural to write it any other way here because of Sophie's personality. And I'm sorry to be salty guys, but if you think penetrating a sleeping girl is remotely the same thing as what you call Sophie's "reverse rape" (how is what she's doing rape? you're both awake when she starts making her move on you. you, as the player, don't get a choice to stop her not because you're physically incapacitated but because we didn't felt this was necessary - if you don't want to fuck her, why are you playing the game?)... then, well... I think you're missing the point.

Seriously, to the guy calling Sophie "moronic", please feel free to ask your female acquantainces/friends/relatives if they'd be OK with a guy they are interested in suddenly penetrating them while they're asleep.

(I've little interest in discussing this so this all I'll say on the subject)

Last edited:
OP
M

marblesyrup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

HentaiWriter, thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We really are new to this, it was Ben's first VN and we'll try to incorporate as many suggestions as possible.

You're making some false assumptions though on what makes you gain and lose points: trying to suck out the poison for example does NOT give you any points (though it doesn't subtract any either - she thinks you're a bit retarded, but she doesn't mind stupidity as much as she dislikes wusses). Nothing in the game at all points to this (as you said, she reacts negatively) so I don't see how you make the jump to "This makes the player think that regardless of her reaction, going over the top for Sophie (even if it would logically be a dumb thing or bad/wrong thing to do) is a good thing to do to win the game". If you saw this in a walkthrough, that's an issue with the walkthrough. The game does tell you the opposite, which is true - DON'T do over the top stuff like that, and if you try it a second time by insisting to stay by her side - you do lose a point.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

HentaiWriter, thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We really are new to this, it was Ben's first VN and we'll try to incorporate as many suggestions as possible.

You're making some false assumptions though on what makes you gain and lose points: trying to suck out the poison for example does NOT give you any points (though it doesn't subtract any either - she thinks you're a bit retarded, but she doesn't mind stupidity as much as she dislikes wusses). Nothing in the game at all points to this (as you said, she reacts negatively) so I don't see how you make the jump to "This makes the player think that regardless of her reaction, going over the top for Sophie (even if it would logically be a dumb thing or bad/wrong thing to do) is a good thing to do to win the game". If you saw this in a walkthrough, that's an issue with the walkthrough. The game does tell you the opposite, which is true - DON'T do over the top stuff like that, and if you try it a second time by insisting to stay by her side - you do lose a point.
Ah, then yeah, the walkthrough was wrong.

But the second point still stands then :p

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Okay, this has been bothering me for awhile now. Where does the art style used for the girl keep coming from?

I've seen quite a few games/visual novels use it. Not knocking it or anything, just curious is all.

palmer_aif

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for this short, but great, VN. I was glad to see your Patreon account spiked despite the whole controversy over using stolen art!

palmer_aif

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, and I tried asking you this in another forum, but didn't get a reply. I was curious about the engine used. Is it a proprietory Flash engine customized for VNs? Or are you using something else and then export it to Flash? Thankful for answer regarding this! All the best :)