What's new

Mists of the North (A Birthright Tale)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Mists of the North (A Birthright Tale)

Hotspring Funtimes

"We're not crazy. We're just having fun," Gretta insisted, giving her friend an ecouraging rub on her back before she swam over to lean her body up against Crassus as he pumped himself repeatedly into the moaning, excited, very much EX-virgin druidess.

Sigrunn had blushed and said she didn't know why Malena liked her markings so much, but if she wanted, she could arrange for the half-elf to get a matching mark, if ever she visited the Aegilsgaard tribe in Valkheim province.

Gretta and Malena played with themselves and grew hornier as they saw Crassus take the lithe, athletic and forceful druid - turning her aggressive personality inside out and demonstrating how meek and vulnerable she could be when being filled by the aspiring skald. Her mieeps and groans betrayed her sensitive and eager body, and how much she was allowing herself to enjoy surrendering to the pleasure.

Her eyes widened as the Princess spoke the words "Inside all of us." Crassus took this to statement as a command, and so he obediently pumped furiously into Sigrunn, cumming inside of her and filling her womb with his seed.

"Hnnh... but we might have a baby!" Sigrunn exclaimed meekly, but continued to pant and offer no resistance as Crassus finished within her. Then once his motions had died down, she sank against him, hugging and squeezing him tightly, before withdrawing and lowering herself back into the pool, where Gretta held her steady. The druid's hands went down to her belly, a thoughtful, smiling expression on her face.

Crassus groaned and stood up straight in the water. "I may need some time to recover, but I won't rest until you're all satisfied."

Gretta came over to him and began to stroke his cock rhythmically.

"A warrior like you can get a second wind in no time, I'm sure,"
she smirked, then looked over to the princess. "So are YOU the second course? Does that mean I'm dessert?"

She then pressed her body closer to him and looked slyly to Malena. "Or is it your intent that I shouldn't get a turn with him? If it is, I'll make sure that SOMEONE gets me off tonight, man or woman!" She grinned intensely at Malena.

---

After several minutes of toying with him, while Sigrunn rested herself against a rock and watched curiously, Crassus was ready once again to perform, and he approached Malena eagerly. Unless she objected he would sweep her up in his strong arms and kiss her deeply, his fingers slipping down to tease her already soaking flower.

He maneuvered her so that her back was to the rock that Sigrunn now rested against and then he lifted the half-elf's legs to either side, positioning her to receive him. Gretta wandered close and started to tease Malena's sensitive nipples with her fingers, smiling happily down at her friend.

"Crassus the Virgin Slayer, that's what we'll call him after tonight." Gretta laughed. "Get ready princess, you're about to become a woman!"

Sigrunn snorted. "Don't be an idiot, Gretta. The princess is already a woman. Proven in battle. This is just a reward. Mmm... but what a good reward it is.~"

The druidess sighed happily. Then Crassus put his hardened tip against Malena's crotch, applying pressure until suddenly it slipped inside, and she felt the slippery friction as the cock bulged its way up into her, parting her inner walls and fitting snugly like a sword in its sheath.

"Ungh... so tight. You and Sigrunn... both so amazing," Crassus muttered, his eyes winced shut as he seemed to be overcome with ecstasy as well. Finally she sank fully onto him, and their full connection had begun. Opening his eyes, Crassus stared at the princess in amazement. Perhaps he was dumbfounded that he was actually having sex with the potential queen of his people. But then, with a jolt, his body stiffened. Gretta had moved behind him and was doing something with her fingers that Malena couldn't see.

"That's a boy, Crassus. You just relax and do your thing. Make the princess feel extra nice now.~"
the warrior grinned, and Crassus twitched again. Then his hips began to buck needfully, and Malena felt the full pressure of his throbbing member inside of her as it withdrew and surged back inside of her.

"Hnnh! Hnnh! Hnnh!" the man grunted as Gretta gave encouraging cooes.

After a minute of this, Malena would notice that Sigrunn had pulled herself up alongside her and turned the princess' head towards her.

"I think we should share him, princess." Sigrunn said softly. "Let him put his seed inside of you. We will be connected by this experience. You who've given me a first kiss, and commanded me to receive my first man. I've let it happen, so I'm to blame too... but if you're not good to me after this, I won't forgive you. So instead, let's be sisters in battle, and lovers as well."

The druidess then closed the distance and kissed Malena while Crassus continued to make love to her, filling now her mouth and her flower with her lovers' appendages.

This would continue for about ten minutes, and while Sigrunn and Malena shared a kiss, Gretta stole many from Crassus, whispering to him that she'd find a time where they'd fuck for sure... and she'd make sure that he enjoyed her the best.

Ultimately, the efforts of the three women were too much for Crassus, and he succumbed to a second orgasm. Unless explicitly commanded to pull out, he finished inside of Malena as well, spurting many hot splashes inside of the princess, who would keenly feel the warmth inside of her and be aware that she could possibly become pregnant now.

"HNNNHHH! AUUAHHH! Princess!... Oh my princess.... you're amazing. Uhh... couldn't help it. I've put everything I could into you, I've got nothing left."

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Malena's Aethelbaldsotter The Half-Elven Winter Sorcereress
Hot Springs in Wjulfsdattir
Tags: Crassus, Gretta and Sigrunn

Malena eyed Gretta at her sheer insistence that this is something norm and in the fun! She hadn't heard of situations like this happening at all in the tales - only times she heard of this is from the debauch kingdoms far into the south and the scandolous gossip that merchant woman that came to Veikanger.

Seeing Sigrun become meek, turned from her aggressive, brash, personality that was not afraid at all to turn into this meekness. Malena felt a shiver course through her.

"Doesn't that make it all the ~more~ exciting?" Malena breathed out, "The risk of... having a child? Of rewarding Crassus for his virility?" Her words filled with devilishness. Her finger dipping inside of her, swirling as a moan broke from her lips, shuddering, not orgasming but so VERY close. Eager. Ready. Willing.

As they finished, Malena closed in, standing close to her as she looked at Sigrunn. Her smile, her hand resting on her belly... Malena giggled out softly, her breath whispering against Sigrunn's ear "Sigmund is a good name~" Her voice teasing the thought and idea of Sigrun having a boy.

Malena stayed close to Sigrun as Gretta started to... reignite Crassus's flesh. "Ah. But you've already had your turn." Malena spoke. Her lips quirked in a teasing smile. "You had him all within you earlier underneath the water. You were his appetizier~ Sigrunn the main course and I... the dessert." Her words floating across the hot waters as she peered at Gretta before giggling.

Gretta already had a turn with him. A turn of taking his length and seed in her mouth. Preparing him for Sigrunn and preparing him again for her. Such a kind, thoughtful friend. "My lord Crassus, after... you have me, do you believe your spirit and flesh has enough mercy to grant relief to my poor bodyguard? She is getting... quite needy."

---

Malena watched him as he came closer, her form shyly open. Her blue eyes looking upon him, inviting him to come closer. A rosy flush in her cheeks from the springs and mead and her lips curved in a smile as she giggled. Being hefted by him and carried to the rock.

Her body before him, hands reaching up and tracing his face. Following the jawline and running down. She whispered softly "Crassus... I command you, take me gently and... then roughly." The last part spoken much softer.

Sigrunn's and Gretta's words... She dignified no reponse to either of them. Such is her focus on the man before her. She let out a soft mewl as her entrance is pressed. Feeling that hardened member, the warmth piercing her plush cunt. Shoving insides of her and...

"NNn..." She hissed softly. The sharp pain of something giving way. The pain there even as she felt him filling her insides... "Ahhh thats..." Malena moaned softly as she snorted at him saying that aloud. "Crassus... it is incredibly crass to say another woman's name while you are inside of me... I'll let it go this time but thats only because of one reason alone." She smirked devilishly up at him. "We shall see which I prefer more.. You or Sigrunn." Her words coming out in a teasing laugh as she lifted her hips. Pulling him harder into her.

Her legs wrapping around his waist and her hands digging fingers into his back. Her inner fire already stoked and ready. She didn't know she had this wanton side of herself till this happened but... She didn't mind it. Not at all. As long as this stays private.

"Ahh nnn ahhh." She moaned softly as Gretta worked her magic upon him. Since she is behind him... Doing something that only her much more experienced mind knew... "Ahhhh.." Her grunts and moans filling the springs. Letting him do the work as she feels the rock rubbing against her back and feeling her ass rubbing against it.

Sigrunn's words coming over her as she opened her mouth only to be taken by a kiss! Sigrunn kissing her and Crassus pounding her. Malena shuddered. Back arching, tits thrusting upwards as she felt his warmth explode inside of her!

"Ahhh annnn...." She moaned softly as she rested back onto the rock... Her cunt squeezing tightly around his softening member. Feeling his seed pooling inside of her. Mixing with her juices and her blood. "Ahh ahhh... ahh..." Malena gasped softly, her grunts filling the air as she recovered from that.

That expeirence... her eyes dilated softly and her lips settling into a soft smile as she looked at Crassus, Gretta and Sigrunn... "Ahh my lord... Only two servings?" Her eyes glinting with more want. "Gretta, have you had a turn yet? Sigrunn do you not want another round with him? I know I do."

As Malena pulled him closer and looked Crassus straight into the eye "Skalds must have great endurance... to sing the epics and tales that take many an hour and day..." Her implications of what he must do...

Unless Sigrunn or Gretta objected, Crassus objections duly ignored, Malena looked at Gretta, her eyes questioning her bodyguard on how to get Crassus back up and ready for action....

After the funs ended at the Hot Springs... "Sigrunn, what you said earlier.. about us being sisters in battle and lovers as well... Do you truly mean?" Malena looking at Sigrunn with a questioning look.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hotsprings

Gretta pouted at Malena's explanation of why she should be passed over, but by that point she was more focused on getting Crassus prepared again to take the princess for the first time.

Malena could sense Crassus' trepidation as he held her and answered an affirmative "Absolutely, my princess. Gentle as the first drops of rain, then pounding like a summer storm..."

The power of her blood allowed her to have a great insight on the truth of what people said. She believed that Crassus with all his heart wanted to prove worthy, but being only a mortal man, with three great women, he was worried about being able to satisfy them fully. Yet, he in the end proved more than worthy, as his initial entry into her was tender and everything she could have hoped. She didn't feel much pain, just an odd, wonderful new sensation of being filled. Then as the pace steadily built, she found herself enjoying things more and more.

Once Gretta and Sigrunn had joined the action, the foursome all seemed to work together, heightening the passion between Crassus and Malena, until at last they came together and he emptied himself into the other woman.

"I... I think I may have something to help him... well, to help all of us." Sigrunn interjected once Malena's half-teasing insistence for Crassus to please Gretta as well was spoken.

Whispering a few words with her palms held open, suddenly growing as if from nowhere in her hand a small pile of berries appeared, purplish-blue in color.

"It's the one healing spell I've used properly... and its more for finding a meal in the tough winter months. But these goodberries restore stamina. I think... in THAT way too." She smiled nervously.

Proffering them to her companions, especially Crassus, the druid was able to hand them a couple sweet tasting berries each. Eating the juicy sweet morsels, Malena felt revitalized and refreshed. A look came over Crassus' face as he swallowed his second berry, and he looked down at himself in the water. He then snatched the rest of the berries and ate them messily.

"Erik be praised! There's no better blessing in nature I could have received!" the skaled exulted. He drew the three girls close to him in a massive hug, allowing each lady the opportunity to reach out and feel the effect. He was rock hard, less than half a minute after emptying his balls into the half-elf.

"Well then, you know what to do~" Gretta said, and with a yalp, she was quickly spun around by the eager bard and pushed to the rock where Malena had been, only this time, Gretta was faced away from Crassus with her ass raised and pointed towards him. The confident and powerful warrior's face went rosy for a moment at being manhandled into position, followed by a soft 'eep' as Crassus' stiffened rod pushed against and then inside of her. He then moved his hand to her ass and slid a digit inside of her butt.

"Since your such a fan of this...~" Crassus grinned, and proceeded to buck wildly while sliding his finger in and out of the houscarl's butt, evoking wonderfully sexy and meek squeaks and moans from the fighter.

~~~

Time passed, and with the effects of the goodberry druid spell, the skald was able to not only get to completion with Gretta, but was impressively able to satisfy each of the women once more each - an astounding feat that left all four partners moaning satisfactorily with wide lazy smiles.

They agreed that it would be best if Crassus left first, then with the females leaving five minutes later. The skald said that he would meet them tomorrow and that preparations for a journey to Vanarukk's Den would be underway.

This left Malena a moment, while Gretta was to the side cleaning herself, to speak softly to Sigrunn.

"I... yes. I truly mean it. I think I would be disappointed if this was only a one night seduction. And since we're to be traveling together, at least in the short term, I want to share your bedroll. I understand if you want Crassus from time to time, I do too... but if tonight's wild adventure has taught me anything... it's that more than two people can enjoy one another.

"There's another reason though. Among my tribe, the aegilsgaard, there are stories about legendary female warriors, valkyries. I heard Gretta call herself one, so your clan must have similar legends. It is said that these women slept with each other frequently, and without jealousy, so that their bonds were tied more closely in battle and they would fight with greater strength. So, truly, I would do the same with you... and Gretta too, though I think with you, it is more natural. I very much enjoyed your kiss."

The druid looked down, blushing at admitting this, though it was an obvious fact, given the deeds they had just shared together.

"You needn't answer just now. But should we make camp together, just know that you can feel free to share my blanket."

~~~

Sleep would find its way easily to Malena that night, and she would wake well-rested, if only a tiny bit sore between her legs from where she had been roughly taken by the young lord.

Once dressed and reunited at the Jarl's court, she would receive news from Crassus, who was dressed in his fighting garb, with sword, shield, chain shirt, and bow and arrows.

"My father is in need of constant rest, according to the druids of the Oaken Grove. Repairs to the town pallisade will begin anew, but fresh supplies that we have to spare are being set aside for us, should you still desire to take the journey to the grove."

"Ah, about that, your highness," said Brennor, her knight captain and representative officer of the Hogunmark Dragons.

"If you leave on this adventure, your men will not be able to accompany you. Word from the late arrivals is that the king is recalling all royal troops to the capital. It appears several clans are marching with warriors towards Veikanger, perhaps in anticipation of your father's failing health. It is a long tradition of our jarls and kings to adventure, so I don't wish to dissaude you, only encourage you to make haste with resolving the issue at the grove and then hurrying back to your father's side."

Sigrunn and Gretta were soon also able to join the princess and Crassus, each of them looking happy and enthusiastic in their own way. The Princess would be able to make the final decision about pursuing her desire to restore the grove now. The grove would be over a day and a half's horse ride into the wilderness and border area of southeastern Gundviir province, where there were no roads built.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hot Springs in Wjulfsdattir
Tags: Crassus, Gretta and Sigrunn

At Sigrunn's interjection... Malena rose one single silvered eyebrow. Her eyes glittering with curiousity as she looked at Sigrunn. "Oh?" Her whispered word carrying loudly. Challengingly, eagerly to see if the fierce druidess is able to proffer up her words and get Crassus into a more. Refreshed and able to encore for Gretta and her.

She watched as a pile of berries. Her eyes widening in wonder at the sight of them. "Those are... what are they called? They look like... hmmm, more purple wildberries." As Malena took one and ate it. Her whole form. She felt full again! And filled with energy. As if she had just finished relaxing off a good meal.

The splashy taste of the berry in her mouth. A Goodberry. The taste is exquisitive. "OOoooh." She moaned out softly. "I wonder if it is possible to bake a pie with these... Goodberries? Or even make bread from them." Malena speaking that out as her thoughts alightened upon the idea. Maybe this could become a delicacy export by her people to the south. But that is an idea to pursue far later. After figuring out what the spell did to call upon and form such delicious berries.

"Eh? Ah!" Malena gasped, pulled into the hug, his cum oozing out of her as she... teasingly pressed a sneaky hand against his firm ass. Touching for soft moment before looking at Gretta and Sigrunn from the corner of her eyes. Her heavy breasts pressing in against him as she felt his hardness.

"OOOoh?" Malena giggled out as she step back and... around to Sigrunn. Watching as Crassus spun Gretta and handled her. Her eyes widening at Crassus's words as he fingered Gretta's... "Thats..." An idea spun in her head as she turned to Sigrunn. "Shall we try?" Her voice questioning and... waiting a beat as she looked at Sigrunn's eyes and mouths.

If she read from Sigrunn's face and eyes excitement, she dove atop the druidess, kissing her suddenly and quickly and rubbing a finger against her slick ass, finger teasing between her cheeks and working at her pucker. Breasts pressing against Sigrunn as she kissed her...

Malena playing with Sigrunn, making love and kissing her and even... When Crassus finished, Malena atop of Sigrunn, both their asses and cunts showing to Crassus with Malena. Presented to him. Oozing pussies begging for another round with his cock.

With Crassus leaving... Malena scrubbed herself and... "Ah, how to get this out now so as to not make a mess later..." Her voice musing aloud, proffering for Gretta to give an answer without directly asking her bodyguard.

"I... don't think I can leave it at one night... That..." Malena's turned her face, feeling suddenly shy. She took a moment before continuing, turning to look back at Sigrunn. "It is cold at night, something I don't truly understand like... normal Hoguns." A roll of her shoulder indicating upwards at her silvery blue hair and pointed ears. "Still this... I... enjoy it much and your words.." She smiled at Sigrunn, suddenly hugging her. A soft, warm cuddling hug. Not meant to turn into anything sexual after all that. A slight movement of her posture made it, open and inviting to Gretta to come join in if she wished.

Just holding and hugging her as she whispered "I don't mind this at all... I don't think I can be a... valkyrie like Gretta. In all the stories I heard they use steel and fire, not magic and elements to smite their foes." Her words coming out softly as she just held Sigrunn. "Ah.. I'm being foolish..." Malena muttered that softly before speaking loudly, more then enough for Gretta to hear.

"I will answer now. Sigrunn, my blanket is open to you as well... Same goes for you too Gretta." The last part said with a teasing bit. She really didn't think she ever find herself attracted with this warm buzzing feeling in her stomach to Gretta like she did to Sigrunn or Crassus. But... She wouldn't mind sharing a bed with her again like they did when young. They had stopped that after a while.

"Mmmmm this feels nice..." Malena breathed that out as she continued hugging Sigrunn for a moment longer before pulling away from the hug.

Dressing in her battledress, the soreness between her legs a pleasant ache... The last night, her mind played in repeat the things that happened... The torrid affair ripping through her mind from going with Crassus to be shown about with Gretta being nearby... To Gretta poking and pushing and suddenly that... Sigrunn appearing as things were happening and her in a most caught position... Then THAT. Malena felt her heartbeat thrum and warmth ran through her.

She knew she should be feeling something wrong about this but... She couldn't bring herself to truly feel wrong about it. Not yet at least. Not until it is thrown in her face as something wrong, evil and shameful.

Walking with a most happy step, nearly skipping and having her skirt flutter about her. "Morning Gretta! It is a fine morning is it not? How was your sleep last night? Did you find anyplace warm to sleep at?" Malena beamed happily at Gretta. Giving a verbal forgiveness to her boldness last night and even welcoming her bodyguard with her body language. Perhaps she is being too kind and should take to task Gretta for escalating things but... Malena couldn't bring herself to do it when the only people it harmed were herself and a full acknowledging of crassus and Sigrunn.

"Ah. A calling of troops back to the capital with many a clan marching? When was the news of the clans coming in?" Malena asked, her mind coming to quizzing herself. If the message that arrived is recent, as in the lettering on it is dated less then a day old by the time it arrived then she had easily a fortnight to solve the issue of the grove. If the lettering is older then a day, then the clans could be arriving anywhere within a week or more at her father's capital.

"If it is just a small party... Then we should be able to get to the grove, gain knowledge of there and see if I can do anything to help. After all, the grove is only a day and a half away. A three day round trip to go from here to there and back to here. Now, this place is a solid days ride at full speed from my tower and my tower is only a hopping distance away from Veikanger..." As Malena proffered her thoughts aloud, putting out travel times to her knowledge, looking at Sigrunn, Crassus, Gretta and Brennor to see if they had anything to add to it. Such as shortcuts or ways to cut down their travel time.

"The Grove we have time. We will go to it." Malena stated. An idle thought popped in her mind that they could just wait on the grove. After all, it had been sitting there cursed for longer then she had been born. But, she didn't want to do that. Not when it had been brought to her attention and Sigrunn had debased herself to ask for her help.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
The hotsprings and the following day...

The acts of lovemaking continued on for a long while, thanks to the conjured goodberries that Sigrunn shared with everyone. The druidess downplayed the berries as being exceptional. They were a bounty and a blessing from Erik, nothing more, and as Erik's blessings were only to be appreciated in their natural form, she seemed certain that they would lose their blessing and restorative taste if made into a pie or a bread.

This didn't seem like anything that had to do with the magic that Malena understood - but there was a difference between the divine and arcane, and she was not privy to the secrets of the god like Sigrunn was.

The druidess seemed slightly intimidated by the half-elf's curiosity with back door exploration, but succumbed to it in the end, whimpering shyly as her pucker was played with and her tight anal ring penetrated by a delving finger. She responded with more kissing and fondling, and pleasuring Malena's pussy with her fingers while the princess lay on top of her.

Later on, Crassus would find them in that position, and proceed to take them each, alternating between the two women, making them both moan against one another as the young jarl's son brought himself to climax again and again, empowered by the berries each time, until at last he felt as though his body could simply not keep up, berry or no berry.

As the cleaned themselves up with a damp moss, Sigrunn nodded in approval at what Malena had to say. She seemed pleased with the idea that they were now bed-mates. As though it were important that such a thing be spoken aloud and made official.

For her own part, Gretta politely declined to be a part of the hug. Once Sigrunn had left, the bodyguard explained why.

"I think you've gotten lucky with Sigrunn, and shouldn't push it by bringing me in. I'm your bodyguard and friend first, and a friend with benefits I guess if you aren't getting any. But since you are, maybe I'll just leave you to it. I'm more into guys anyway - just enjoy working you up to tease them more I guess excites me." Her housecarl winked at her.

The next day saw the princess in a happy mood, fully rested and satisfied, save for a dull ache between her legs, but that was a small price to pay for the experience she had had. Gretta shook her head and chuckled slightly to see Malena so high in spirits for reasons that were obvious to the more seasoned fighter and lover.

Brennor's report however was more sobering. Malena's assessment of the situation was sound in her opinion so she didn't object to it.

"We'll just need to make sure we don't delay in coming back to the capital. You'll want to be there before the other clans arrive. The Jarls are at each others throats, as always, and our country is only strong when we aren't in open warfare with ourselves. It's the reason why the White Witch has been able to take so much of what was once Hogunmark from us." Gretta pointed out.

"I'm afraid there's no shortcut to the grove," Sigrunn said when Malena asked if such a thing existed. "There's little more than a deer trail to lead the way to it, but I can get us there without us getting lost."

"We'll just have to be careful about how we scout ahead," Crassus added. "It's certainly in border territory, and no doubt the goblins, orogs, and gnolls from the Bloody Skull Barony will dispute our presence there."

Gretta placed her great sword in her back scabbard and then fitted a sturdy longsword into her side sheath and slung a sturdy round shield around her shoulders.

"If we see any gnolls, we'll kill them. Send them back to whatever demon they worship," she said with a challenge in her voice.

Crassus brought over the horses, handing the reins of Heleg to the princess.

"There's stranger things than gnolls and goblins in the deep woods. There's fey creatures there that don't appreciate the tread of human feet or horse's hooves."

"Aye, there are. But the druids of the Emerald Spiral have dealt with such beings before. There are ways to avoid confrontation, if we are respectful of nature." Sigrunn said as she readied herself. The druidess was still dressed in her skimpy hides that hid little of her taut, athletic and tanned body. In her belt, which was a series of leather cords wrapped around her waist with animal claws tied into it, she had slung a sharpened sickle and a curved scimitar blade, marking her as quite a warlike druid - something that was in stark contrast to the pacifistic white-robed druids of the Oaken Grove.

When the princess was ready, the four travelers set off riding eastward from Wjulfsdattir, while Brennor and the rest of the company of soldiers rode north west, back to Veikanger.

The day was a bitingly cold late autumn day, and the forest was littered in a carpet of red, brown and yellow leaves from the temperate trees, which stood out from the mixture of evergreens that mingled branches and made up the majority of the forest. Bundled up in heavy furs over their normal clothing and armor, the four Hoguns were prepared for the weather, knowing that it would only continue to get worse, and that the heavy winter snowfall would arrive soon. Hunters were out in force to gather meat that would be smoked, cured and preserved for the long season of snow and ice that lay ahead.

The day passed without incident, and they made camp near a stream, with Crassus and Gretta putting up the large tents that had been brought along with the spare pack mules. Sigrunn went to forage and Malena was left to her own devices, although her help with the mundane tasks of setting up camp would not be refused, nor would they be demanded, for it was her right as a royal to not have to do these things.

During the night, Gretta and Crassus took watch, and Malena was told that she needn't worry about taking a watch on the first night. If there was no objection, the princess would be able to fall asleep in her blankets.

An hour would pass during that first night out in the woods when the flap of the tent opened, and a shadowy figure entered.

"Are you awake, princess?" Sigrunn's voice asked. "I thought perhaps, since the offer was open, that we might sleep together?"

The druidess disrobed from her basic hides and would slip inside the sleeping blanket unless met with and objection, and cling her pleasantly warm body against Malena's. The half elf was a winter sorceress, but not immune to the effects of the cold, so the priestess of Erik's body heat was welcome.

Perhaps it was something about the danger of the woods, but Sigrunn didn't seem to be as interested in sex during this night, but wouldn't object to kissing and heavy petting. If asked why not wanting to get more into things, she simply said that adventuring in the wild was dangerous and she wanted to be well rested and not too distracted.

---

The following day, they broke camp and continued on, deep into the woods, no longer following much of any visible path. The land began to be more hilly, and rocky, though the forest still sprang up around them everywhere and on all sides.

As the sun hung directly above them, Sigrunn indicated that the party was close to its destination. The trees had taken on a darker tone... difficult to pick out, but Malena's half-elf nature sensed that something about the forest they were in now was... off. Sigrunn likely sensed this too, but Crassus and Gretta were ignorant of it.

The slope began to steadily climb, and a craggy hill of broken rocks littered with tall, black leafed oaks loomed before them.

"This is it," Sigrunn said.

Crassus raised his hand in signal and then pointed to the treeline at the top o the hill. Malena saw what he was pointing out a half second later.

Gnolls. At least two of them. Possibly scouts or look-outs.

"They travel in packs. There will be more of them somewhere," Gretta said. "They appear to have returned to this place at a most inconvenient time."

Eyes went to the princess to see what her orders or decision on how to handle this development would be.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wjulfsdattir Leaving
Tags: Starting Quest

"Lucky with Sigrunn? Push it by bringing you in? Ah. I see how my words can be misconstrued. Still you should have your own talk with Sigrunn, especially if you intend to keep pouncing on Crassus or sneaking into his bedroll. Best to talk things out and quickly and not let things build." Malena spoke the wisdom that Gretta had no doubt heard elsewhere or even given it to her a few times with a saucy smirk on her lips.

Malena thought on those last words that Gretta said. Her eyes promised teasing retribution as she looked at Gretta. The teasing war would soon commence.

Malena nodded at Gretta's sound point. She has to be courteous, especially so and not step on the clan's pride. That would invite a blood fued, open rebellion and a whole host of other ills that Hogunmark did not need or deserve.

"Deer trail littered with Goblins, gnolls, orogs and other monsters... Should there be any worries of an ambush or obstruction on the deer trail?" She looked at Sigrunn as she posed this question. Trying to figure out how often it is used by other creatures besides the druids.

With the discussion ending and Gretta echoing her words as she fitted in her greatsword, placed her longsword and even slung her shield. Malena just shook her head at her bodyguards boisterous words. Confidence oozing out of Gretta's forms at slaying the vile fell goblins. She checked herself, making sure the battledress she had been gifted had the leather top fully cinched and buckled. She tested her focus, looking at the crystal and envisioning her power running through it. With that completed she motioned towards Brennor.

"Brennor, I know you will already be doing this but for my own clarity of mind, please inform my lord father on where I am going and what I am doing." Malena thought of writing and giving it to Brennor to hand to her father but thought better of it. After all, it'd be much more fun to tell her father of her adventures in person.

Everything seemed in proper order as Heleg had her bags and she nodded her head towards Crassus. A thankful nod as she helped herself atop of her horses.

Sigrunn own preparations were... Scanty. She must really be use to the cold to run about in only that. Perhaps some sort of training the Emerald Spiel put any prospective Druids through. "Hm." Malena hummed aloud.

"The fey creatures... do you know of any we may stumble upon towards the cursed grove? I would like to know more and what sort lay around in these parts." Malena spoke up, showing her interest and trying to start a conversation as they rode off towards East from Wjulfsdattir while Brennor and her personal retinue went back to Veikanger.

The trip is passes without much worry, Malena helped out with Crassus and Gretta in putting up the tents. Even asking if either Crassus or Gretta wished to be warmed as well. Malena showed what she meant by casting of Prestidgation on a bundled blanket, warming up bundled blanket that fits within a cubic foot.

When night came, she had no candles lit and instead had been listening to the outside night. Hearing the noises of the wildlife in the night. She imagined a chorus of them waiting for one noise before going off. To add their own noise to the previous chorus and crafting a song... Only for her flap to open. Malena looked at the shadowy figure and looked...

"Ahh yes." Malena spoke in a sleepy voice. "Sleep? Ok." Malena gave very simple words and... opened up her sleeping blanket. The warmth and heat flowing out of it quickly as waited somewhat impatiently for Sigrunn to get in.

Malena turned and just... buried her nose and head against Sigrunn's, scrunching closer against her and cuddling. Her mind not really up for... sexual antics but not turning away the warmth and heat Sigrunn offered. Cuddling against the druidess on the first night. If Sigrunn decided to pet Malena or squeeze her, she'd start hearing the half-elven sorceress mewl and purr in her sleep like a cat.

---

Travelling once more in the morning, Malena stretching out happily as she got her stuff together and helped out with packing the tents.

As they got closer Malena noticed a stark change in the trees. They were... different. As if something had nestled into the trees and made them pulse with some unnaturalness that put them off their basic pulse. Her hairs on her body stood on end as she looked at Sigrunn, Crassus, and Gretta. No ill ease she could sense from Crassus and Gretta but from Sigrunn she could.

Black Leafed Oaks, craggy hills littered with broken rocks. Sigrunn's annoucement...

Gnolls. Crassus pointed them out as Malena narrowed her eyes. They were at the top and had a full vantage view. "Crassus, has those gnolls noticed us yet?" Malena asked as she peered up at the hill.

"A pack of gnolls... I have a good hunch that if we ignore them and try to do the investigation, they will fall upon us at a most inopportune time. Sigrunn, you know this area better then anyone here. Do you know where a place is at to cause an accident to befall the gnolls at the top of the hill?" Malena being cold-blooded. If the gnolls are slain but not the other pack, then they would know interest has developed at this cursed grove. But if they died due to an accident of nature, the gnolls would most likely chalk it up fearfully to supersition and stay away from a while. All these assumptions were running in Malena's head and ready to be divulged if any curious looks were sent her way on why she asked her question.

Malena idly thought about being diplomatic but... she had a good inkling that would just lead to more issues then anything else, unless those gnolls carried some insignia that forced her to be diplomatic lest she starts a war with the white witch.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The prior night, and Vanarukk's Den

During the journey, Malena had observed Gretta and Sigrunn each taking the opportunity to share some words with Crassus and speak between the two of them. Later on, Gretta reported back to the princess that in the spirit of openness, the houscarl warrior was not looking for a long lasting relationship with anyone at the present, and was not going to interfere if anyone in the group was interested in exploring a relationship with each other.

"As far as I'm concerned, the hotsprings was a bit of fun, but it's not like I'm interested in marrying anyone at the moment. If ever I were to start a family, it'd be after my soldiering years, and I'm not intent on that ending anytime soon." Gretta explained.

Sigrunn was grateful for that explanation, but unwilling to speak openly about her feelings more than she already had. She wished to remain close to both Crassus and the Princess, sharing a bedroll with either of them, with no expectations beyond that.

Crassus was forthright with his own feelings, speaking with measured poetic passion. He considered himself to be among three heroic women, and was merely happy to be of some service. He would sing their praises and provide what comfort and relief he could - if asked. Gretta had chuckled at this, and asked if all skalds were such sluts. In turn, Crassus and slapped her ass and told her she was one to talk, the way she'd crooned after a goodberry or two.

During the journey, Sigrunn explained that Hogunmark was simply too vast a land to keep track of every thing that passed among its borders and woodlands.

"The fey are not as present in Hogunmark as they are in the woodlands to the east, but that is not to say that their presence cannot be felt. By their very nature, the fey are difficult to understand and describe - but any that would inhabit a blighted grove would not be very friendly. It is best to assume that the grove will need to be cleansed of some sort of corruptive spirit. It's exact nature I could only speculate upon. When I see it, I may be able to tell you more."

Later that night, Sigrunn had entered the princess' tent and added her body's warmth to her own. Despite the approach of winter and her lack of hides as compared to the others, Sigrunn's body was particularly warm, and was nice to cling to as Malena tried to fall asleep. The druidess stroked and caressed Malena along the back of he head and along her spine and butt, but did not squeeze her. Eventually, the pair fell asleep together.

Later that next day, they had reached their destination, the rocky hill topped with black leafed oaks that was known as Vanarukk's Den. The gnolls at the top of the hill did not appear to notice the party quite yet, and Crassus indicated this quietly with a shake of his head. The four companions kept low, hiding behind tree trunks and bushes.

"Gnolls are arguably some of the most savage and mindless of the humanoid races from the Barony," Crassus added. "You're right, they might attack us if they become aware of us, or if we don't strike first. Certainly, being diplomatic isn't a good option for us. They hate humans... and elves."

The druid looked over at Malena.

"I know this area by the feel of it, but an accident? No, I don't know of any way other than battle to rid ourselves of the gnoll threat."

Another look up at the top of the hill, and it seemed that the two visible gnolls were turning around and moving back towards the center of the hilltop.

"They are going towards the blighted grove. The wards that the Sorcerer placed upon the grove would drive them away too, normally. This is strange that they would be there, so close to the haunted area."

"It seems we could either try climbing up the rockier side of the hill, or progress through the wooded side of the hill face towards the top. The woodside would mean we wouldn't have to risk the climb, and we'd have some cover for stealth, but on the other hand, it's the direction the gnolls might expect people to approach from." Gretta said.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Prior Night, and Vanarukk's Den (The Cursed Emerald Spiel Grove)
Tags: Starting Quest

Malena hummed aloud as she responded "Mmmm, I hope those soldiering years aren't your whole life. I would like each of my potential children to be guarded by one whose bloodline cannot be faulted." The half-elven sorceress eyes glinting with a teasing look. She knew, that unless something rendered her sterile, she'd planned to have at minimum three children. A heir, a spare, and one to spoil.

Sigrunn's expectations are simple. The half elven princess looking at her with a measured look. She didn't make a quip or anything to make fun of Sigrunn through her thoughts lingered on all three of them sharing a bed for... warmth. She wasn't sure if Crassus would be able to keep his hands to himself.

The lordly son of Wjulfsdattir again proved himself a word smith. His flowing flowery words... Malena giigled at the way he spoke and weaved. The teasing play between Gretta and Crassus... "Goodberrys don't have any... arousing properties do they?" Malena questioned Sigrunn after hearing that tease. Her inner thirst for knowledge pushing her to ask.

"There is going to be a corrupted spirit - mayhap a fey - in the blighted grove. Hm. I hope the creature we run into is something not outside of your knowledge then."

The half elven princess pondered on whether or not that a spirit in the grove could be saved as well, but she'd save that question once they got to the blighted grove and knew what laid in wait. She did ask Sigrunn if there were any named Fey that the Emerald Spiel in her area knew about. The princesses thirst for new knowledge and deeper understandings of her land being very apparent. She wanted to know from a person that lived in the lands she asked about instead of the general knowledge she had from her studies.

Hiding from the sight of the gnolls in the tree trunks and hearty brush that surrounded the hill. Malena crouched, her form laying out low as she peered through brush, dirt getting onto her battle dress even as she peered through the brush.

"Ah. So only by battle." Malena spoke softly, not wanting her voice to carry. "Mayhap the gnolls have done something to... gain entrance through the wards? It is strange as I know my elvish ancestors despised gnolls and other monstrous folk." Malena stopped in her words, not wanting to lay out any of her speculations until they had a better idea.

"Sigrunn, is there any druidic lore that will hide the noise of our passing on either path? I'm inclined to be... bold. And act as bait if sighted at the top of the hill." Malena remembering Gretta's choice of attacking that slaver band. Being bold and audacious would surprise the gnolls through...

"Sigrunn, will you be the scout of our group?" Malena asked.

Malena's plan is simple, get to the top of the hill, peer at the surroundings and get a view of what is going on. Change the plan accordingly to what happens once they reach the top of the hill.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Vanarukk's Den

Goodberry Question:
"They provide a quick boost of stamina, which is I suppose necessary for good lovers' play," Sigrunn quirked the corner of her lips up in bemusement at the questin.

"But they are a gift of Erik, and nature's bounty. I do not think they were specifically designed for THAT effect, Princess Malena."

"It's likely that the gnolls are unable to enter the grove either. The ward was against those without elven blood," Sigrunn explained, as the gnolls milled above on the rocky hill.

The druid's lips pinched slightly at the request for druidic lore.

"There is lore that those of the Emerald Spiral teach for passage without trace. But I am not yet advanced enough in my bond to Erik to know these spells. A druid's connection with nature is a very individual choice. I am more in tune with the beasts of the woods. But while I cannot silence our steps, I can summon a cloud of fog to hide us from our foes and protect our approach."

"That would be beneficial, princess." Gretta said. "Gnolls typically fight with long bows from range before engaging with weakened foes. Fog would let us get close where we would have the advantage."

"If you wish me to scout, I could assume the form of a forest creature." Sigrunn replied. "Among my druid circle, it is known as taking the second skin. I know many forms, but can only maintain a form for about an hour, and only twice per day, before I am forced to rest and regather my energies."

"Won't the fog blind us as well?" Crasssus asked.

"Perhaps, but I will turn into a wolf and my keen senses will allow me to guide us up to the gnolls. No doubt I will be able to catch their scent in that form. We only need stay within sight of each other while we move up, and we should be able to surprise them out of the fog," Sigrunn said.

The companions turned to Malena to see if she agreed or would like to amend the plan in any way.