• RPG

Votes: 37 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Which style do you prefer and why?
The oldschool VN type which is pretty much a boss rush.
Or the New RPG with farming etc.

I personally like the VN style.
Better for people with less time.Not getting stuck. No farming.

Last edited:

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Quest VN vs RPG

That all depends on the RPG gameplay.

VN just has still images with sound effects, but being a VN focuses
more on the text, which some people find great, and others don't
care for, just wanting animations.

As for RPG, the "game" part of the game might be a lot more fulfilling, but
the hentai factor is at risk of being stifled, being buried under all the stats
and heavy story elements.

Of course I hear of a legendary solid gold chest of artifacts somewhere in
the world of hentai.. The myth goes it carries magical items that can make
any hentai game good, no matter what genre it is.. I'd only adventured
to it once, but I remember a few of the artifact's names..

There was.. "Animation", "Struggle-system".. "Gallery", and a few others,
but I was warded away by a frightful guardian before I could see them all.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

VN, easily.

But thats because most RPG developers (see: MGQRPG) fall into the stereotypical trap of "we gotta make it more 'challenging'! Lets give the enemy a shitload of HP and force the player to mindlessly mash the A button to grind!"

Course if the gameplay is really good, the grind is fine/good. But lets be serious, most RPG gameplay is godawful.

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Both can be good for different reasons that might not necessarily intersect.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmm, I goes into gameplay a lot ...
that's why I prefer with more game feature like farming, RPG, ACT, Simulation, etc, etc ...
after all, it is "game", so in my perception game need gameplay ... ;)
(yeah, I'm gamer maniac, mainly RPG / Simulation)

also, I notice compared at past where most H VN appear, lately there are A LOT MORE variation compared H VN ... I guess because a lot demand comes out outside VN ... :cool:

Swisher223

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I prefer the VN because I don't have the time to blow on an RPG to grind. Do not get me wrong though, if MGQ paradox had unique pictures for their sexual attacks, then it does add something to the mix.

Instead, we have a such a huge customibility in MGQ for races and jobs but these are ultimately useless padding, in my opinion. What was it again? Like making Luka or any other male character becoming a prostitute doesn't do anything?

If we had a smaller range of cast members but the developers had made good use of the different jobs and races, then I would have preferred the RPG.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I prefer the VN because I don't have the time to blow on an RPG to grind. Do not get me wrong though, if MGQ paradox had unique pictures for their sexual attacks, then it does add something to the mix.

Instead, we have a such a huge customibility in MGQ for races and jobs but these are ultimately useless padding, in my opinion. What was it again? Like making Luka or any other male character becoming a prostitute doesn't do anything?

If we had a smaller range of cast members but the developers had made good use of the different jobs and races, then I would have preferred the RPG.
theres all the tool to make the rpg grind less tedious, at least paradox thinked about that stuff adding wierd items.

now im sure everyone wants a special ending with their favorite waifus, dunno how torotoro will handle that when theres tons of monster grill in game im sure a generic ending for most girls will leave a bad taste.

OP
hentfreak

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Totally agree with you there.
EVERY enemy should have a CG for the sexual attacks. Should have spend more time/money there than the rpg elements IMO:cool:

Keyen

Reputation score

Basically, RPG with good gameplay > VN > RPG with bad/inexistant gameplay.

Gamer23

Reputation score

I hate grinding and walking. Bad game structure makes navigation confusing and will easily get lost in a big open/empty world.
By the current games in existence, my vote is with VN unless they could do away with the voided feeling of unimplemented pockets of space in the rpg and add more details in a map and objective indicator in case you lost track of your previous save progress.

VN = straight forward branches (simple and elegant)
RPG = annoying mob encounter rate/grinding/empty feel to big maps (but if game design is done right, will be way better than VN)

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really enjoyed both, but I'm going to give the vote to the RPG because the recruitment system scratches my collection itch.

Also that job system is absolutely brilliant, and I may need to steal it for a game someday.

Swisher223

Demon Girl
Reputation score

theres all the tool to make the rpg grind less tedious, at least paradox thinked about that stuff adding wierd items.

now im sure everyone wants a special ending with their favorite waifus, dunno how torotoro will handle that when theres tons of monster grill in game im sure a generic ending for most girls will leave a bad taste.
TBH, I really want to go through the story... I just don't want to go through all the walking, random encounters, etc. Quite busy nowadays and I think the last time I played it with Dargoth's translation was up until the water/ocean palace area.

I think it was a terrible idea for torotoro to follow what he/they did for the VN where they hired tons of artists to draw the pictures. It doesn't work in terms of an RPG sandbox.... it may been possible if it were a couple of artists.

I really wish they focused more on quality over quantity... Then again, they re-rehashed many of the pictures of the past games so I guess it's a win for them???