What's new

ACT Patreon Active [MoxieTouch] Deep in Brixen Space [v0.3.9]

What do you enjoy in side scroller games?

• Gameplay

Votes: 108 58.7%
  • In-game Sprites

Votes: 162 88.0%
  • Static Image CGs

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Animated CGs

Votes: 66 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
I downloaded what was posted last week but I'll give the new version a try. Like what I've seen so far but there's one majorly fatal flaw. I got to the point were there are elevators after the jumping sectoin. The hit detection on them were complete ass and it was even worse in fullscreen. They wouldn't carry me up and I tried spamming jumps, and what's worse is that sometimes they'd go up and wouldn't come back down, essentially softlocking the game.
Yep yep elevators are super buggy. trying to work around them at the moment.

EDIT: As of July 21, elevators have been fixed. Next update will have this fix. c:

Last edited:
OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
* can you add the possibility to map controls or play with a gamepad? My keyboard is AZERTY (french format), and that would spare me to switch my layout when I open the game.
Added an AZERTY mode :)

asdfsadfxcv.png
Please let me know if there are any problems

Arakokra

Reputation score
Tossing this out there, this is the first H game I've seen being developed in godot. This game isn't really my thing, but I'll be interested to see how it goes based on that alone.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
We'll see. :)
Just to add, not saying "hey, redraw everything to 13 different flavors of suit" or anything, because i've seen those types of posts before, just meaning it's quite obvious that one type of tentacle just ripped the crotch open for that sweet sweet lifted position~ Personally i often find my enjoyment in these types of games by becoming vulnerable on purpose, so wandering around this horror facility, and deciding to lose clothes and goad some specific tentacle off into a nice secluded corner... heh heh...

I hope those floor buds we first meet get some action too, i stopped on them waiting for a bit before i realized what the minigame even was, since nothing was chasing me in it.

The artstyle reminds me a little of that long-on-hold game Labcoax by Datanony, which is good.

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Definitely gonna keep an eye on this. A few nitpicks I have would be that I wish you could jump with space bar instead of up (unless theres going to be a plan for a future mechanic that uses space) as well as more of a free camera when aiming. Would be nice to have it follow the mouse instead of looking far left or far right which would open up more options for ambushes from above if the player doesn't check dark ceilings. That aside this is really solid and I'll be looking forward to it's development.

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Tossing this out there, this is the first H game I've seen being developed in godot. This game isn't really my thing, but I'll be interested to see how it goes based on that alone.
Oh Godot's been a joy to develop on. Tried Unity, and I acknowledge Unity has its place, but it's a tangled mess of features. Really not intuitive to develop on, at least for me. I just want to make a simple game, not encounter a mess of bugs I have to workaround. (Also, GDscript is amazing.)

Out of curiosity, what would be a game you're in to?

Just to add, not saying "hey, redraw everything to 13 different flavors of suit" or anything, because i've seen those types of posts before, just meaning it's quite obvious that one type of tentacle just ripped the crotch open for that sweet sweet lifted position~ Personally i often find my enjoyment in these types of games by becoming vulnerable on purpose, so wandering around this horror facility, and deciding to lose clothes and goad some specific tentacle off into a nice secluded corner... heh heh...

I hope those floor buds we first meet get some action too, i stopped on them waiting for a bit before i realized what the minigame even was, since nothing was chasing me in it.

The artstyle reminds me a little of that long-on-hold game Labcoax by Datanony, which is good.
I'm actually hoping to add clothes ripping in the next update.

my game makes people question their time in NSFW channels pfff (copy).png

poor guy noped out of the nsfw channel

Haven't heard of labcoax. Seems pretty neat from the screenshots. Shame I don't much time to play it :(

Arakokra

Reputation score
Out of curiosity, what would be a game you're in to?
I'm a shota dev so, prepare to be shocked, loli/shota. Definitely don't cater to my tastes or anyone elses for that matter. Make the game you want, if you try to jam 100 fetishes into it or turn the game into 'the highest on the poll wins' you'll just peter out and die.

Oh Godot's been a joy to develop on...
I'm glad to hear that. I'd heard Unity isn't that great for true 2d games. I'm using GMS2 if that wasn't obvious but I'd been considering switching to Godot after this project. The big concerns being having to learn C# from GML and the fact there aren't many tutorials out there for it compared to GMS2 where there's a dozen on every topic.

Last edited:

chickenprotector

Reputation score
The big concerns being having to learn C# from GML and the fact there aren't many tutorials out there for it compared to GMS2 where there's a dozen on every topic.
Any OOP programming language and the principles carry over pretty much universally regardless of language. Java SE also has very similar syntax to C# and I believe has more tutorials. Anyone can use that as a base and go from there that's how I learned, but I'm rusty. Someone who wants to learn can also cross-reference functions from C# in .

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Haven't heard of labcoax. Seems pretty neat from the screenshots. Shame I don't much time to play it :(
Well you're in luck as it doesn't take much time to experience it. It takes about 5-10 minutes to experience it as it's pretty much been abandoned in a sort-of proof-of-concept state. But what is there is rather nice.

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Hey hey. Clothes Update is here!

Changes from Previous Version:

CLOTHES RIPPING
^---- Yep. Her clothes rip now. Creature animations have also been updated.

MELEE IN MINIGAME
You can now melee inside the grapple minigame. Just left click and you can push tentacles away.

Finally, after many headbanging, the elevator should be fixed now!
^---- The elevator in the previous build was buggy, and can even softlock the game if the elevator doesn't go down. Now the elevator should always go down if the player is not on the platform.
^---- It works via trigger now. Standing on it and pressing 'Down' now brings it up or down.

Personally i often find my enjoyment in these types of games by becoming vulnerable on purpose, so wandering around this horror facility, and deciding to lose clothes and goad some specific tentacle off into a nice secluded corner... heh heh...
Luck you. Her clothes now rip when losing the grapple minigame. c:

Well you're in luck as it doesn't take much time to experience it. It takes about 5-10 minutes to experience it as it's pretty much been abandoned in a sort-of proof-of-concept state. But what is there is rather nice.
Just tried it, and I can definitely see the similarities, especially the dark area part. Pretty neat game.

I'm a shota dev so, prepare to be shocked, loli/shota. Definitely don't cater to my tastes or anyone elses for that matter. Make the game you want, if you try to jam 100 fetishes into it or turn the game into 'the highest on the poll wins' you'll just peter out and die.
Cool cool. Don't worry. I have my own ideas about what kind of game I want. I'm basically trying to make the game that's been stuck in my head for years: A sidescroller with a heavy emphasis on creature diversity. Just like the good ol' koooonsoft games c:

Last edited:

TanukiDanuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The melee to fight back and possibly kill the creature while it gets faster is an interesting mechanic, provides a good risk for reward if you can either heavily damage or kill while grabbed.

I did notice while grabbed by an enemy and standing in water it repeats the splashing sound every couple seconds, but other than that I did not seem to find any noteworthy bugs this time around.

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
I did notice while grabbed by an enemy and standing in water it repeats the splashing sound every couple seconds, but other than that I did not seem to find any noteworthy bugs this time around.
Sweet! I'll fix that up in the next update

Reputation score
Damn, this is actually really good. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this!

What size sprites do you work with, out of curiosity?

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Definitely looking forward to this. The guy also has some decent and funny content going on their Twitter.

Horror aspect is the basic "dark lit room with only a flashlight and loud sudden noises". Still scares me though.
Animations are also very smooth. I'm loving that.