What's new

ACT Patreon Active [MoxieTouch] Deep in Brixen Space [v0.3.9]

What do you enjoy in side scroller games?

• Gameplay

Votes: 108 58.7%
  • In-game Sprites

Votes: 162 88.0%
  • Static Image CGs

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Animated CGs

Votes: 66 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
Hey hey. Just dropping by to inform you guys of a new update. DiBS 0.0.27
I finally got around to it, looks good

> Implemented Coyote Timer
Platforming feels less frustrating with this now, imo. Nice!
I did feel like I ran through it like a breeze this time though. It might just be because I still remembered the rough layout and what I needed to do,
but some of this extends to my next point:

Next Update Plans (0.0.30)
- Refining the grapple/struggle minigame (the top-down minigame).
^--- Walls that block an easy path to the creature's "heart"
^--- More varied placement of creature heart and escape icon.
I like this, I think this part could use some more spice. Maybe even changing the movement mechanic of the enemies? I find it a little easy to estimate where they would be relative to me. Maybe the AI changes you teased in your roadmap would tackle this same problem, but I also ofc have an idea: maybe the dick tentacle always stops then lurches (so "hopping" along) instead of moving at a constant speed like the green tentacle?
I also feel like the slap attack is really OP during the struggle encounters. I would like it having very limited uses per struggle, maybe even just once? Or if that's too harsh, a (2s?) cooldown instead.
I'm saying this because currently the most efficient gameplay (if you don't want to be caught) seems to be to sprint through the stages, try to jump past an enemy to cheat the encounter, and if you get caught you move straight towards the escape icon while spamming the slap at the closest tentacle. If you spam it like that it almost works like a forcefield that repels everything on that side. If you do this really fast you can even keep the fast (when you're nude) tentacles at bay.

All this out of the way, nice work, I like it!

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I also feel like the slap attack is really OP during the struggle encounters. I would like it having very limited uses per struggle, maybe even just once? Or if that's too harsh, a (2s?) cooldown instead.
I'm saying this because currently the most efficient gameplay (if you don't want to be caught) seems to be to sprint through the stages, try to jump past an enemy to cheat the encounter, and if you get caught you move straight towards the escape icon while spamming the slap at the closest tentacle. If you spam it like that it almost works like a forcefield that repels everything on that side. If you do this really fast you can even keep the fast (when you're nude) tentacles at bay.

Maybe some sort of stamina system?
The more you slap the more stamina you consume, which slows down your escape icon if you're tired.

Maybe add a fatigue system too
It's an idea I've had for an age.
You have Stamina and Fatigue.
Stamina regens fairly quickly but you build up Fatigue
Fatigue imposes a mallus to max Stamina and then also slows down stamina regen.
Fatigue goes away on its own slowly, and removed quickly in rest areas or item pickups.

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Thank you all for the replies! I'm just gauging which part of the game I should prioritize, and I seem to be on the right track. \:D

Anyway DiBS just got updated!

b983d9d6dc4a4e16bf602ff89b5d10d0.png

New Things
  • New jumping creature: Tit-hugger!
  • New suit flashlight. Can be turned on and off. Will be turned off when naked.
Changelog
  • These "wall" arms now act as a tentacle.
  • More varied placement of creature heart!
  • Dick Creature is now passive. This means it won't grapple Moxie until it is shot or flashed. Don't go near if you have the flashlight on. ;)
  • Camera moves slightly where Moxie is facing. Will be disabled when naked.
  • Slightly renovated the Warehouse
Bugfix
  • Fixed flashlight bug that would alert creatures behind walls.
  • Game fixed itself, somehow. For Mac, if you shoot a creature and stop aiming, it crashed. Now it doesn't. Why? No one knows, even me.

I like this, I think this part could use some more spice. Maybe even changing the movement mechanic of the enemies? I find it a little easy to estimate where they would be relative to me. Maybe the AI changes you teased in your roadmap would tackle this same problem, but I also ofc have an idea: maybe the dick tentacle always stops then lurches (so "hopping" along) instead of moving at a constant speed like the green tentacle?
Well well well, if it isn't the new update then \:D

Maybe some sort of stamina system?
The more you slap the more stamina you consume, which slows down your escape icon if you're tired.

Maybe add a fatigue system too
It's an idea I've had for an age.
You have Stamina and Fatigue.
Stamina regens fairly quickly but you build up Fatigue
Fatigue imposes a mallus to max Stamina and then also slows down stamina regen.
Fatigue goes away on its own slowly, and removed quickly in rest areas or item pickups.
I like the stamina bar mechanic. Although, the fatigue seems to be a bit too much. Great suggestion!

I think we're getting close to refining the core gameplay now!

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Oh boy. Haven't been here for a while. Lots of stuff happened. I'll keep it brief.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Awesome animations, a lot of enemy variety at the beginning of the game, hopefully it's a sign of just how much content we can expect from the finished product. Sucks about the no preggo content though, with how the capture system was setup I thought the sex was actually going to lead to some deeper context and content, but I guess not. Either way, should be a good quickie fap title.

scratiii

Reputation score
do you plan on adding customizable/variable costumes and armor?

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Awesome animations, a lot of enemy variety at the beginning of the game, hopefully it's a sign of just how much content we can expect from the finished product. Sucks about the no preggo content though, with how the capture system was setup I thought the sex was actually going to lead to some deeper context and content, but I guess not. Either way, should be a good quickie fap title.
Aww thank you! DiBS also has a Discord now, so if you ideas or suggestions, you could head there.

do you plan on adding customizable/variable costumes and armor?
Unfortunately, no :(

shiverman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

epicsevendoodles

Reputation score
"Smarter than a potato"
Good. I always wanted to see someone smarter than a popoto.

Smart popoto has found it's way outside the textures.
1609445089913.png

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score

epicsevendoodles

Reputation score
The Potato somehow got stuck outside the room above the ceiling when I was jumping around. I tried getting it fall back down on the level with it's slippery turn-around but it didn't help.

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Huh. I wonder if you can turn this bug into a feature. Like...they're in the vents or something.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Huh. I wonder if you can turn this bug into a feature. Like...they're in the vents or something.
Honestly, I thought that was what was meant to be happening
Until it went through the wall and fell through the non-existent floor

Lecs3D

Reputation score
And will there be a monster who will milk the milk from Moxie's breast?