What's new

ACT Patreon Active [MrZ] Dungeon Coup

jumjummju

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ooooh, this is exactly the kind of game that I love. I'll definitely be following this.

I do seem to have a persistent issue (at least in 0.7) where if I get grabbed too shortly after another grab ends, the grabber has a habit of sliding away to who-knows-where a few seconds into the animation and I end up getting tele-fucked from across the room. That aside, I'm really enjoying my time with this.

EDIT: Oh, just subbed and checked the Patreon, this was already known heh. I'm looking forward to the fix.

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nice work.

I recommend lowering the cumshot noise effect. It's so loud it scared me. EDIT: also, one other thought for consideration. I think Shift or Alt are typically the sprint buttons on a lot of games, rather than Q. Just a thought.

Last edited:
OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Ooooh, this is exactly the kind of game that I love. I'll definitely be following this.

I do seem to have a persistent issue (at least in 0.7) where if I get grabbed too shortly after another grab ends, the grabber has a habit of sliding away to who-knows-where a few seconds into the animation and I end up getting tele-fucked from across the room. That aside, I'm really enjoying my time with this.

EDIT: Oh, just subbed and checked the Patreon, this was already known heh. I'm looking forward to the fix.
Yeah, this bug is driving me crazy, but I will fix it (As soon as I can find what causes it)
But hey, thanks for subscribing, your support is very apreciated!

Nice work.

I recommend lowering the cumshot noise effect. It's so loud it scared me. EDIT: also, one other thought for consideration. I think Shift or Alt are typically the sprint buttons on a lot of games, rather than Q. Just a thought.
Yeah, originally it was Shift, but I wanted to group everything closer to WASD so it can be played with only one hand. In the next update the camera will change and it will be completetly playable with one hand, plus you can assign the keys as you like now :D

Also there will be a massive overhaul/recalibration on audio before launch, I just can't find the time to do it now

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Hey friends, a new update is here!
You can find all the info about it here:

And here is the changelog:

Dungeon Coup - 0.9
  • Improved the Dirty talk text: now it rotates with the camera!
  • Fixed an issue that caused sometimes to spawn a pursuer in the player's room before he left the room.
  • Added a new Feature: Performance mode! This is actually a system that I implemented on the last update, but it was always working. Now it is optional, as it had a small side effect. (Sometimes it would hide the room completely, causing you to see everything black except the characters).
  • Added a new Feature: Change camera settings: When pressing the key (Default:C) you now can change between two cameras: one that rotates with the character, and one that doesn't and only rotates with the mouse. when you press the Change camera button, your camera position is instantly reset.
  • Added two new options: Invert X and Invert Y. You can enable or disable inverting these axises for the camera movement.
  • Rearranged the Cum voice volume to match the rest of the sounds volume.
  • Added the 7th Floor: this one is themed: Latex!
  • Added the 8th Custom character slot.
  • Improved the Hair colors for random enemies, there won't be any enemies with randomly generated shiny hair colors.
  • Greatly improved the Blindfold "blind" effect for hardcore difficulty. Blindfolds now reduce your visiblity radius instead of just darkening your screen.
  • Smart Camera positioning: Now when entering any sex move your camera position will be adjusted to look better at the action. After leaving the sex scene, your camera position will be restored to the position it was previously.
  • Immersion change: Now when cumming you lose 10% of more of your will and 35% of your stamina, which you quickly recover while lying in the ground.
  • Pursuers will now properly keep pursuing the player, regardless of line of sight. (Update 0.6a broke this)
  • Enemy pursuers movement speed reduced by 5%.
  • Reduced Willpower regeneration by an 35%. Now it is back to the numbers it should have been.
  • Fixed an issue that caused bras to not be removed sometimes.
  • Fixed the big bad bug that caused sometimes enemies to start running away while fucking.
  • Added a new feature: Traps!
  • Added a toggle for enabling and disabling traps in the Custom menu.
  • Once again the customization menu has been improved and the font on most of the tooltips has been made more clear.
b1.png
b2.png b3.png

You can get it here by supporting the development of the game:

Cheers!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You can get it here by supporting the development of the game:
Cheers!
Look, I'll be frank.
I've purchased KYFC. No regret here. You've been transparent enough with dev on that one, and still you give it a few minor updates. I appreciate that, though it's clear the story mode will never be made playable.

But your two new projects?... I'm not either buying, not supporting that.
Coup is basically using previous assets with nothing new (with freedom removed, I might add). Plus, you're paywalling every-effing-thing, including progress report. I don't and won't support that, I won't even try to look for a pirate version, and I certainly won't even consider buying Dungeon coup if/when it's out in August.

It's a shame to see initially respectable devs take this route. I have no ill will or wish against you, compadre, pero no apruebo nada aquesta direccion que elegiste.
Maybe you'll change your ways, maybe you won't. But now you're aware old friends will give you a bad publicity they wouldn't have before. That's on you.

@other devs and would-be devs: please follow the "release a game, get paid for it" praiseworthy example. Not the current one. Is all I mean to say.

Last edited:
OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Well, I think you got some stuff wrong there.
The changelogs are always public on itch.io on the same day I upload an update, and the monthly objectives post are also public, the only posts that aren't public are the Project Nexus ones, and it is mostly description of features and stuff im working on. And there isn't much more posts, Im not having time to actually post more often.

Yes, Dungeon Coup is reusing most of the models and animations (though most animations had to be modified to be used in DC) but the gameplay is totally different, it went from a static menu selection combat, to a completetly free roam, procedural dungeon cat and mouse sort of game. On the outside they may look very similar, but there is a world of difference between using physics and not using them, and I never before used all of the systems in Dungeon Coup, which, as I stated plenty times is a project for me to learn to do the base stuff so I can get it right on Project Nexus and not have to constantly try to fix controller, pathfinding, colliding and stuff like that.

And I don't regret reusing stuff, because if I had to make everythign from scratch, I would just keep prolonging Kinky FIght Club instead of releasing it. Making 3d models, textures and animations takes a lot of time, that's why I prefered to reuse for DC and take five months to keep iterating and working on the final model for the characters for Project Nexus.

At the end of the day, I choose to reuse assets to put together a small project that would let me learn and develop, rather than keep exploiting KYFC for one more year and just delaying stuff to keep getting patreon money, to me what I did feels like the right choice, even if I could have got more money just intentionally delaying KYFC for one year. (rather than just keep updating it for free for the last 9 months)

Either way, thank you for supporting KYFC's development, but I haven't changed my direction, I aim to make the best games that I can with what I got (which honestly isn't much considering the living expenses) . learn in the process and be transparent with the players.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You've probably misunderstood much of my point. The main one was, we've witnessed out break out from the "look I made this game in my garage" sympathetic guy cocoon, to the Señor "I hope you're having a wonderful day" buzznessman. You're a(n ex?) personal trainer, I can't teach you about conceit and its dangers.
Specifically, I mean I initially thought you had a plan to use Coup for promotion, Nexus to make a killing, and I thought, what a smart hijo de buena sepa you were...

But then Coup's information was strangled, and Nexus might as well not even exist for all we know. As in a cheap telenovela. But never mind that, I'll try to give you the most constructive assessment/advice I can, for old times' sake.
I'm not criticizing re-using assets, especially not when in a "learning" logics. Coup is fine in that regard, but wouldn't be as a product. You're well-aware most of your KFC critics aim at the old-fashioned models. You can't expect much income from Coup, as it is a way less ambitious and innovative project KFC was.

I'll be honest, I've tried a bootleg 0.5, and I have qualms with the way you use your assets. Are you familiar with Enlit3d's works? You share many similarities. He bought much higher quality models 4-5 years ago, and made Heroine Rumble out of it (a project of little ambition, as opposed to the discarded Heroines Rescue Team). However, you might (both) gain something from being in contact with each others, as his sliders system is much superior to yours, and your clear-cut "¡quiero hacer eso!" drive is much superior to his wishy-washy attitude. Referring to the 0.5 mentioned, your elves are, simply said, bad.
You need much more control over your sizes and sliders, and Enlit3d uses Blender for this if I'm not wrong. You should be able to get smalll plump goblins or tall lithe drakelings out of your models, at this point.
Again, I have no ill will against you. De verdad. But it's critical you up your game, if you really, really, want to keep up that 'Somos un negocio' facade. I'd rather you didn't, but that's your choice, and your Patreon count probably talks against me. But I don't doubt they provide quality feedback, as well?

aim to make the best games that I can with what I got
Cheers. Felicitaciones. Grats. Glückwunsch. P*ta madre. I sincerely wish you the best going in that direction. No irony here, but I think I've made clear these words must have helluva backing up to have any weight. Fact, deadly as any other.

(which honestly isn't much considering the living expenses)
...the first time I've read these words were from the surviving Breeding Seasons dev... Need I say more? Remember, covering living expenses is a 30+ hours/week work. 50+ in some countries, which might or might not happen to be in South America. Either way, these are words I'm wary to spot, like are posts boasting about firing an employee. Again, no estoy criticando, encontraras a inutiles en todas partes incluido aqui, just giving you a sample of what people see and what's beyond the line you've chosen, in case that 'game in my garage' cocoon really didn't sit well with you. You can break free later, you know? We still remember the old you. So do you?

learn in the process and be transparent with the players.
The first part, absolutely. I've given you a hint where to seek a great mentor when it comes to cost/quality. (edit: and I'll insist, I believe you're a greater work-force and have a stronger drive, considering what you've proven so far) Feel free to PM me for links, or modders for the discarded project I mentioned. The modders I know are guys you wouldn't fire. If you manage to draw them in for a round, that is ;)
The second part. I've told you. I thought you were smart. And I still think you are. Or maybe your advisor/personal trainer doesn't have a so clear vision of what's to come? Judge correctly what you can use for income, what you can use for promotion, and how to dwindle the latter so it isn't necessary anymore. I shouldn't be telling you this :p

Last edited:
OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
I love how you change from spanish to english mid sentence hahaha.
I don't know about the señor facade, when I write "I hope you are having a wonderful day" I meant it, because we live in a world where it's more common to have shitty days than to have good days.
I have spoken some times with enlit3d, hell, heroine rumble was the inspiration for KYFC ( yes, I started making the game after enlit3d HR and I got mad cause I wanted more hahahah), and I completely agree with you that HRT looks better, and the sliders system is better than what I currently have in DC, and well, 0.5 was long ago and I messed up a lot with the whole controller/camera/AI.
My original plan for dungeon coup was to be a short 6 months project to make time until I could get Project Nexus ready. It's been almost a year and I still don't have Project Nexus ready, and im trying my best but a lot of stuff happened during this year. (I don't wanna talk too much about my personal life, but, this is related to both the game and the income part, during february-may I've spent an unholy amount of time in the hospital taking care of my mother, and now she is better and is back in the house, but Im still paying the medical bills, and... boy they hurt...)
One of the things that really threw me back a lot of time was hiring the wrong person, and I didn't boast that I had to fire him, I was really mad, because I wasted a lot of time (and money), and at the end of the day I had to learn myself the things that the other guy was going to do and did wrong.

Put all those things together and you get... a project that should have been 6 months turned into a 12 month project. Which is not ideal, and it still provides new learning opportunities and possiblities for new content (like for example one month ago I was requested to add a feature to take out the boots of characters performing a footjob, and I made a system for that, and now I can use that system for any other project I make!)

I understand your point and, at the end of the day, Im doing what I can, and I should probably put more stuff of project nexus, but since there is still so much to do, I don't wanna build much hype and then not deliver in time or as expected. Dungeon Coup first demo was not very well received and is something I would rather not do again. I plan for Project Nexus to be my big game, but lots of technical difficulties, and life stuff got in the way.

I actually had a vision of what I wanted 2021 to be, it just got crushed by life heh.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the Customization i've done for Project Nexus (it is finished, Im working on the sex and dialogues system now)

99.png

And a lady with beard!
ww.png
The bearded lady is proof that the game is going on hehehe. But yeah, I really understand the point of you not knowing if the game exists, I supported more than one developer that just never completed the game they were making (and im not talking about Enlit, I love his games, we just work in completely different engines).

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The bearded lady
Gotcha, hombre, no te preo... Gwah! Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore.
I kinda cheated with Enlit3d, since I've been attentive for a little while, but I'll stress that he is currently working on a 100% Unity project, CatC, and he's recycling his previous assets/models (and he sounds more motivated working on a concept he seems to really dig, at least so far).
And I'm now aware than we have to check the rather than the Patreon, until we have a Steam page at least. Gotcha too!

Best of luck, may the coming days treat you well - and they should! with the positive attitude! (y) I'll be sure to have a look at the finished product(s)! With less beard on women' faces, hopefully o_O

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Oh I tought Enlit was still using his old self-made engine, I really hope he completes Catc!

On a change of note:
I updated Dungeon Coup to 0.9A

f1.png
f2.png
f3.png

This new update includes a new feature: Counter! (a long-requested feature by players)
and a lot more, you can read the post here:

And support the project to get it here:

Or read the changelog below.

Changelog : 0.9A
Fixed an issue when selecting proceed on the 6th floor.
Fixed an issue when selecting proceed on the 7th floor.
Improved the way Dirty talk text is shown: now it will always look at the camera but it won't scale with zoom.
Fixed an issue that caused rope traps to sometimes missalign and pierce walls.
Added a new trap: Aphrodisiac gas trap! When caught by the aphrodisiac gas, your arousal instantly increases by 1!
Added a new trap: Frozen gas trap! When caught by the frozen gas, your speed is reduced by 15% for 15 seconds. This effect stacks up to three times!
Added a new trap: Pillow swing trap! This trap swings a pillow at you and stuns you for 5 seconds if it hits you!
Enemies will now spawn closer to the center in the middle room.
Added a new binding type: Yoke! This new yoke is made with steel cables that restrict that characters movements!
Renamed and improved the TorsoTie binding. Now it is called Torsobinder, and it has a new texture. Rope textures will be used for other thing later on!
Fixed a rare character loading issue.
Added a new Extra player-requested Feature: Rope bindings! When this option is enabled the textures for the bindings will be replaced by ropes! You can find this in the Extras menu.
Power of the enemies from floors 5,6,7 has been adjusted properly.
Whenever a submissive puts a restraint on you a message will be shown in the console.
Added a new player-requested Feature: Counter!
Whenever you fill the resistance bar, now you attain a more dominating position! While in this state you take less willpower damage, escaping cost is reduced by 50% and your enemies lose 2 lifes instead of one when cumming!
Fixed an issue that caused some oral animations to not properly remove the gag from the player. (just for the sex, then the gag is back!)
Fixed an issue that allowed sometimes restraints to be triggered more than once, causing visual errors.
Improved the game's tutorial.
Added a new text indicating the floor you just arrived!
Fixed an issue that caused the difficulty for first time players to sometimes be set as Hardcore.

Cheers

Attachments

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Quick update: The FREE DEMO for Dungeon Coup has been udpated to 0.9A!

You can find it here:

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Hey friends, a new update for Dungeon Coup is here!

a2.png
a4.png
a6.png

This update is huge and there are a lot of new features!!
You can read the full changelog here:

Or support us and get the lastest update on patreon:

I hope you guys like the new update.

Changelog 0.9b
  • Fixed an issue with the loading screens making more noise than intended.
  • Slightly optimized AI code to run smoother. (minimal fps increment in old computers, but everything counts!)
  • Increased the time it takes enemies to recover and start chasing the player again by 27%.
  • Increased the time it takes for enemies to stop jerking off once the player cums by 32%.
  • Added the name of the floors next to the Floor selection in the main menu.
  • Pursuer's movement speed was reduced by 17%.
  • Enemies shouldn't find the player anymore if they are too far away or have their line of sight blocked.
  • Increased player's base energy regeneration by 15%.
  • Reduced target acquisition range by 22%. This should prevent enemies from pursuing for too long.
  • Rebalanced enemies power, now it scales based on the current floor, rather than having a fixed number.
  • Reduced Strong submissive life by 1 (from 5 to 4).
  • Added a new floor! This new floor is themed Uniform: Doctors and nurses!
  • Reorganized all the Floors for better consistency in Story mode.
  • Added a new Extra Feature: Sex-moves oriented theme floors! When this is enabled the moves of all the submissives in a single floor will vary to a type of sex move.
  • Added a new Extra Feature: Keep going! When enabled enemies won't let you go when they cum!
  • Added a new Gameplay Feautre: Sex Time duration setup! You can now change the duration of the sex form either 20, 30 or 60 seconds! (30 seconds if the default)
  • Added music to the game! 9 new themes have been added to the game, thanks to our amazing sound artist Adora!
  • Changed the cumming sounds. I hope you guys and gals like the new ones!
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Level indicator text to block the pause menu while it was active.
  • Added a new Feature: Make opponents Femboys! This will turn all the male opponents into femboys, regardless of their previous appearance or current role.
  • Added a new Feature: Make opponents Futas! This will turn all female opponents into futas, regardless of their role. (As in they will have their dick out but won't use it if they are passive) This feature also relies on your selection in customization, so if you disabled futanaris there, they will just have a strap-on.
  • Increased backwards walking speed by 40%.
  • Added a new Feature: Adjust brightness/contrast/saturation. Now you can adjust those thingies in the options in the main menu!
  • Added a new Restraint: vibrators! Your submissives can now put vibrators (either bullet type vibrators or egg vibrators) on female characters, or dick rings on male characters! Vibrators cause you to lose willpower constantly.
  • Added a new Restraint: Anal plugs! When enabled in the Customization, your submissives will be able to put Anal plugs on you, which disables your Willpower regeneration.
  • slightly increased visual quality: swapped from FXAA anti aliasing to SMAA. There shouldn't be any impact on performance.
  • Decreased Zoom sensitivity, now it responds better to zooming in and out.
  • Completely remade the facial animations system, now the faces change more realistically between keyframes, rather than changing instantly as before.
  • Fixed an issue that caused subs to sometimes start wanking and not looking at the player!
  • Added a second failsafe to try to prevent submissives movement while wanking*.
  • Fixed a possible issue to the immortality feature.

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Hey friends, the last pre-release update is here!
You can download it here:

Or read the changelog here:

h1.png
h2.png
h3.png

I hope you guys like this update!
And please Wishlist the game on Steam!

Cheers!

OP
MrZed

MrZed

Reputation score
Updated OP!
Game released!

Also Changelog:

Dungeon Coup 1.0
  • Fixed a few typos in the menues.
  • Fixed a missing text in the Stage selection for the Secret floor.
  • Fixed an issue on level 7 that could prevent players from continuing their journey.
  • Fixed an issue with the dirty talk text not appearing properly.
  • New Player-suggested Feature: Dirty talk position now changes based on the sex animation! (should be easier to read now)
  • Updated the base Dirty talk with corrected spelling, thanks to Varlance!
  • Fixed an issue with Hiding the UI, now it works properly in every scene.
  • Added a new Feature: Game over scene! You will have to lose to check it out!
  • Slightly updated player stats based on player feedback.
  • Optimized dungeon background code for better performance on older computers.
  • Easy difficulty is now even easier. (Escape and domination rates increased)
  • Fixed an issue that caused that after keep going the camera sometimes took the wrong position.
  • Added Story mode!
  • Added Game over scene to Story mode!
  • Added Story mode Romances (4)!
  • Added Story mode Endings (2/3)
  • Optimized scripting thread for a better performance in old computers.
  • Improved the spawning script.
  • Improved the Gallery script.
  • Fixed an issue with strap-ons.
  • Added achievements (Steam version only).
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from activating or deactivating Dirty Talk.
  • Slightly adjusted color settings for the game.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I have 3 questions (to MrZ or any early customer/supporter):

1- Do A and D strafe (left/right) like they should? (as in any post-Wolfentein3D FP game... That's 29 years ago)
2- is the "arrow to goal" still hidden most of the time, or is there an option to bypass that?
3- Do doors still block you when you open them?

1) could be fine as an option or a trap result, but not in a game in which you're not piloting a plane or a mecha. Alterrnatively, locking the mouse sensitivity would be a much better choice IMHO.mouse.
Anyway, 1) was the dealbreaker; I can't even consider purchasing a game in which A and D do what the mouse does better.

Last edited:

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
1.) Yes and No. You turn left and right by default, but if you hold down right mouse button you strafe
2.) Yes, you can only active it every 30 seconds or so, and it is visible only for 5 seconds or so
3.) This has been fixed for a few versions now.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
...At least 3) sounds encouraging 😅

As much of a RoR enthusiast I might be, 1st/3rd person POV and BDSM don't seem to do it for me... I guess having Harem Trigger (or KYFC ftm) in mind doesn't help either.
Oh well, I hope MrZ learned what he intended to for his next projext (Nexus, is it?).

Won't play it much, but I'll probably still buy Coup to show Z some well-deserved encouragement. It'll wait until the demo/trial is updated, though :p
PS: +1 because it has Elves, and +1 for 'reversal', although I have yet to see how it's been implemented

Last edited:

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Yikes how do you even story mode? After I enter my name I can't even click play. Playing on v1.0.2.

Also why do we have text that is just impossible to read? I feel like I have to fight with the camera controls just to see the floating text above the enemies head. Maybe you should just make the text a CC at the bottom of the screen so we don't have to zoom out to see what the enemy is saying.

Last edited:

Synn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yikes how do you even story mode? After I enter my name I can't even click play. Playing on v1.0.2.

Also why do we have text that is just impossible to read? I feel like I have to fight with the camera controls just to see the floating text above the enemies head. Maybe you should just make the text a CC at the bottom of the screen so we don't have to zoom out to see what the enemy is saying.
Had the same problem. Quitting the app and starting it again then going straight to starting new game without messing in any other screens worked for me

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Had the same problem. Quitting the app and starting it again then going straight to starting new game without messing in any other screens worked for me
Same problem and same solution. Just posting to add in that the solution does usually work. Also if you do get into story mode, some people seem to be having a problem getting past the story and onto floor ... I think 3? ... It's the fourth floor, but I think they started at floor 0, but anyway, some of us get stuck there. It's been reported to Zed on the discord and he thinks he knows what the problem is and plans to have a hotfix on Friday. Also while bug reporting here is helpful and will get read eventually, if you want quick responses from others or Zed, use the discord, he's much more active there.