What's new

RPG Active RPG Maker Loli [ミューテーション] Mutation / ミューテーション (RJ01108683)

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
mutation_01.jpg

(with demo) -

I'm pretty sure the characters are intended as adults ingame, but this guy REALLY doesn't feel like drawing titties.
mutation_01z.jpg mutation_04.jpg mutation_02.jpg mutation_03.jpg
mutation_05.jpg mutation_06.jpg

First game of what I understand to be a newly formed group.
Demo came out October 13th, 2023 — so, recent as I write.

It's another of those RPGs with the big sprite character that gets molested.
As of now, it kind of reminds me most of Magical Girl Luna or Magic detective Fionne. Not as good as either of those, but it's barely started, so let's hope.
The primary fetish seems to be grabs. Significantly more sex than in something like Luna, though.

In the demo, you explore a forest.
Every turn, enemies will either try to damage you, progress a grab (so you go, say, from having your leg grabbed by a slime, to being engulfed in it…) or damage your clothing.
You'll be less efficient in fighting as the grab progresses. As you're more grabbed, enemies will also start filling up your libido bar.
If you are doing any action (say, fighting or casting a spell) you'll also try and get out of a grab automatically. If you defend, you won't do that and enemies.
If your libido bar gets filled three times, you'll wake up at the house of your witch friend. As I understand it, they'll explain that you were rescued.
There is a variety of statuses you can get inflicted, which persist and are supposed to make you hornier / easier to molest, I think.
The little house between the town and the forest contains a bath that will restore you, and get new clothing when you lose yours. The many, many and then many times you lose yours.

Edit:
In the witch's house, there's some sort of alchemy table in the kitchen. I don't think enemies and environment drop anything usable -- just ingredients. So that's important, since you can only heal in battle with items.
If you go south in town, you'll get to the beach, where some lady with a portrait will sell you rings for 0. I have no idea what they do, and you can't equip them. Sorry, my mistake, actually, you can.
The accessories from the girl on the beach are equippable, in your bottom two equip slots. One disables your attempt to break out of grabs at the end of each turn, the other turns combat into full auto-battle. You can't access this shop until you beat the mid-boss of the dungeon (the robot thing).

• Exit to the left of the room you start in
  • Rescue the witch from the slime that's trying to molest her
  • Endure the blah blah blah written in an unreadable bullshit font where even katakana are an insurmountable challenge.
  • When you can move, if you try to go out of town the guard will tell you no no.
  • Instead, go to the big building and talk to the girl with paper in front of her. I have no idea if you need to talk to the guard first.
  • Go freely to the forest, where you can get molested at your leisure
  • There's some sort of gallery in the witch's house, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I think it unlocks as you defeat more of a specific enemy? I know from the blog that it's supposed to get more entries that will make you horny.
Edit: This kind soul figured out the gallery.
The gallery has three levels for each (non-boss) enemy. The first level unlocks when you encounter the enemy the first time, the second after that enemy has made you climax three times, and the third after that enemy has made you climax six times. You need to unlock all three levels to be able to free battle the enemies. Boss enemies are fully unlocked after encountering them, though instead of the notes you can only free battle them and see their game over scene.

Last edited:

Hazunya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Permanent Debuff/Weakening type of deal is my absolute favorite, hopefully its not just "Increased Sensitivity on X Part" and an actual debuff when something happens.

Reputation score
The accessories from the girl on the beach are equippable, in your bottom two equip slots. One disables your attempt to break out of grabs at the end of each turn, the other turns combat into full auto-battle. You can't access this shop until you beat the mid-boss of the dungeon (the robot thing).

The gallery has three levels for each (non-boss) enemy. The first level unlocks when you encounter the enemy the first time, the second after that enemy has made you climax three times, and the third after that enemy has made you climax six times. You need to unlock all three levels to be able to free battle the enemies. Boss enemies are fully unlocked after encountering them, though instead of the notes you can only free battle them and see their game over scene.

Decent game so far. Looks like in total there will be five stages (the demo takes you to the end of Stage 1). Actually feels pretty well polished for a game that was only announced in July...aside from the random freezes I keep getting. Also holy hell you weren't kidding about that font, what a nightmare.

OP
sickle

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Permanent Debuff/Weakening type of deal is my absolute favorite, hopefully its not just "Increased Sensitivity on X Part" and an actual debuff when something happens.
I think I remember the dev saying on the Ci-En that he considered them the most important thing (or a very important thing) in the game, and that he was determined to implement them well even if they were a programming challange.
I kind of can't figure out how the ones in the demo work, there are certainly plenty.

Great job man! Thanks for explaining, I'll add some of this stuff to the OP so future visitors don't have to wrestle with my uninformed bullshit.

Actually feels pretty well polished for a game that was only announced in July...
July?
Fuck, I had noticed that I kept seeing this game (RAVE-N, the Twilight Scramble guy, keeps tweeting relevant updates, and I check his tweets from time to time). I didn't notice it was because the guy is just updating this often.

Also holy hell you weren't kidding about that font, what a nightmare.
I know! I could've ranted more. You never realize how much something like a font matters until you see just how shit things become when it's fucked up.

Last edited:

Dregonaus

Demon Girl
Reputation score
How easy is it to just simply change the font of the game (to the default one for example)?

Reputation score
Not super hard

1698261630900.png

Just go to www>fonts
Add a new font file you like
In gamefont.css, replace "nicoca_v2.ttf" with the name of the font you added.

The screenshot above is a result of the font I chose not even having Japanese characters in it, so it seems to have fallen back on some sort of default.

OP
sickle

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I checked the situation, since this dev works very fast, and indeed there seems to have been a lot of progress since I posted this thread.
They've even released a new version of the demo -- with several changes, including new test equipment, removal of that clumsy in-between room when you fast travel, and a menu entry where you can check your current weaknesses.

There's also a lot of info about chapter 2, which seems well underway.

Apparently, final version will have permament negative statuses, and will introduce a doctor character that can heal them.
By molesting Mute. Because why not.

Reputation score
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but in the last Ci-en update the author mentioned that they are aiming for a June release.

Obviously they are still quite early in development (content wise, they certainly seem to work fast), so I wouldn't put TOO much stock in that estimate, but it's an interesting bit of info nonetheless. It looks like they are finished the first two (of what looked to be five?) stages, so it's not entirely unrealistic. Just a bit ambitious imo.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Looks very nice and I love Energy Drain too!

~<3

OP
sickle

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Every once in a while I keep checking this blog.
Guy is keeping very constant, updates early each month and with a lot of content. He acknowledges that June is a tough deadline, but he seems to be keeping it for now. He's doing a fill stage every 2 months now, so he'd finish stage 5 right at the end of June — I'm not sure if that's even scheduled, or stage 4 is the last.
No point in reposting the pics you can just check on the blog, because the mods are plenty busy without having to scrutinize borderline loli ban galleries for the errant nipple, but here's the gist.
  • Stage 2 and 3 are finished. He's a good way into stage 4.
  • Stage 3 is themed around mechanical enemies (or borderline organic/mechanical, like mimics).
  • Stage 3 boss apparently doesn't even attack you, but just keeps equipping you with more toys.
  • Stage 4 has a mix of themes (tentacles, slimes, ghosts…).
  • Stage 4 boss is an alchemist, who looks like Mute with longer hair and adult-sized tits. Interestingly, it seems she gets molested with you during her fight.
Whatever the game will be when it's out, it's pretty inspiring to see a creator work this fast. Good part of it is that Mutation seems very streamlined.
Let's hope.

Hazunya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The collar and Eye color change is literally right up my alley, extremely excited seeing what the author's gonna cook.