What's new

ACT Nanocrisis

nohtyp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Nanocrisis

for everyone who worked ont he transltions, thank you very much.

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

Hehe, nice work guys :D

Now if only there would be a way to translate that first dialogue as well...

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

question, lets assume the text files are in english but when i start the game its not translated. what am i messing up?

Vanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

question, lets assume the text files are in english but when i start the game its not translated. what am i messing up?
I have no idea, but maybe it helps when you load it again :/

Good job with the translation, but...yeah, there are still buts...your game freezes when i try to put it in windowed mode.:eek:

Btw, don't you hate all those damn onomatopeics? :rolleyes:
Yeah thats right, you must remove the Write protect of the config file, then you can change to window mode without a game freeze :)

and to the Question of Funrabamax i think the next one is a Vampire or Demon, but a Futa Style Enemy will be nice xD

Last edited:

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

ha, i just copied over my config file from the untranslated game

also, i have noticed that most of the size of the game comes from the sprite folder, which means if some of them were transfered to text and others into .jpg format it would probably save quite some space....

i'll go for aphordesiac plants combined with random disembodied tentacles! :D

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Actually, translating onomatopoeias and sound effects is a source of division among japanese translators. Some people try to find (or make up) english equivalents while others prefer to leave them the way they are. There are other schools of thought, but from what I've seen those are the two main ones. Personally, I fall more into the "leave it the way it is" camp as those of you who have played the game with my translations may have noticed. Unfortunately, there are people who can't stand that and if you're one of them, I apologize.
No need to apologize, i hate onomatopeics in general, japanese stuff is filled with them, i find it a lazy way to fill space, basically you can't find anything good to write and put moans weird sounds which, aside form being pointless,
ruin the flow of the reading, my view on the matter is that if you must put onomatopeics it means you lack writing skills, but that has nothing to do with you, the problem lies in the original developer. I am for litteral translations as much as possible, so you did fine.:)

Yeah thats right, you must remove the Write protect of the config file, then you can change to window mode without a game freeze :)
Why was it protected? :confused:

What sort of enemies (besides random disembodied tentacles) would you like to see in the next update?
I'll go with spiders, this game needs spiders, nothing makes you think nanomachines like spiders crawling everywhere! ;)

mikmak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Vanity

dude i am having trouble with the last update (Translated Version) every time i try to get it in window mode it just get stuck and won't do any thing

Vanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@Vanity

dude i am having trouble with the last update (Translated Version) every time i try to get it in window mode it just get stuck and won't do any thing
You must remove the Write protect of the config file, then you can change to window mode without a game freeze

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Toward vanity: Did you translate those words she says during rape/when she gets raped for the first time?

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Also, how would I remove the write protect?

PrettyboyD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm new at this so the question i'm gonna ask is simple lol
when I download Nano crisis which blue dots do I click to download the whole game? someone plz answer

Bluemonday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You must remove the Write protect of the config file, then you can change to window mode without a game freeze
I was having trouble with that too, it kept freezing when I changed controls.

Another solution is to copy paste your original config file to the directory, works perfectly.

Vanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Toward vanity: Did you translate those words she says during rape/when she gets raped for the first time?
Thanks goes to parjoala and funrabamax for the Translation, i have only edited the Pictures ;)
I have translated nothing...

Also, how would I remove the write protect?
Go to the config file,right click->Properties->remove the x of Read only->accept->ok thats all ^.^

or like Bluemonday:
Another solution is to copy paste your original config file to the directory, works perfectly.

JOHNRKO007

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My personal thoughts about this game.

Graphics:
Well having a 3D Run-or-Rape game is very refreshing and nice compared to all the others I've played before. The Frame rate of the game mostly depends on your CPU and RAM. You really don't need an All out Gaming PC like Alien Ware to play Nanocrisis, but on the other side of the coin having a really old PC that was from 1998 with no upgrades is not gonna have the game run smoothly.

Sound:
There is not much to say about voices/sounds except for the gun shooting, the sounds of enemies dying, menu scrolling, The main menu and scene music, and the raping sounds. There really is no Voice but there is a folder containing .wav files so I guess on a future game update there will be voice for in game.

Controls:
If you first start playing the game you're gonna have no idea on how to play the game, the manual/read me files don't give any explanation. The config menu when you try to change the controls they're all in numbers that gives a lot a help there, what you would want to do is change them to a setting that suits you playing style.
You can change them but upon exiting the config menu the game crashes, the only way to change the controls is to change the config file in the folder, not only that you have to know what number the button is that you want to change for a certain action. You're best bet is to open the Config file (before doing so right-click on the file and select properties and un-check the READ ONLY box) and open the game at the same time, go to the controls configure and change them like you would normally but before exiting alt+tab to the config file you have open and change the numbers from the numbers that are in the file to the numbers you have on the configure screen. Save the config file, exit the game and restart it and you should have that problem fixed.

Overall Difficulty:
At first the game is easy just point and shoot at the enemies, but the game gets way to hard way too fast by the 3rd stage your facing enemies that are fast, annoying and overwhelming, you have little time to react before they knock you down and start to rape you. It's hard to doge them considering that they are all over the place and don't have an area to stand you ground and take them on.
You can purchase more powerful weapons and armor which helps, but you really can't make a good solid strategy that works.

For Lv 3 With the dogs my only strategy that I found I did myself was just move a few inches and duck and shoot back and forth trying to keep them at bay.

Overall Replay Value: Overall the game's got 3D good graphics, decent controls once you map them yourself, the difficulty could use some work like enemies don't start running till you see them on screen or something. Other than that the game is really good and with the English translation (Thanks goes to parjoala and funrabamax for the Translation.) made the game a lot for fun for people who can't read Japanese.

That concludes my thoughts about this game.

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

This game is not 3D. The engine does not support 3D. It's 2D sprites based on 3D models. That's not 3D.

Vanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My personal thoughts about this game.
Sound:
There is not much to say about voices/sounds except for the gun shooting, the sounds of enemies dying, menu scrolling, The main menu and scene music, and the raping sounds. There really is no Voice but there is a folder containing .wav files so I guess on a future game update there will be voice for in game.
Speech at the moment is not in yet. (He has writen this in one of the Textfiles) So it will come in future :D

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

for dogs: just hold your look back button and keep running around shooting forward and down untill you see a dog's health appear ans start to deplete, at that moment stop and kill one while still looking back. if some dog comes from behind - quiclky turn and knock it over with gunfire, while continuing to shoot your main target.

the best way is to stand on the rightmost part of the screen and constantly shoot the dogs which come from the right of the screen. if a dog comes from the left - kill it with short bursts (noy allowing it to run at you) while still maintaining most of your gunfire on the right

this way i easily complete the stage without getting raped even once, which brings us to the question of my post:
does anyone use any strategies/limitations to make their game harder?
if so - mind sharing?
for dogs - i try to use lower level equipment or refrain from using the 'look back' button but then it all depends on chance and i still manage to not get raped sometimes :(

i guess it shows that nanocrisis is my fav game :D