What's new

Need Some Advices

Mizulugu

Reputation score
I assuming I created the thread in its right location... Again, I'm assuming lol

In creating Hentai game, what's the main focus in developing one. I do know animation and graphic is one thing, but I know, it's not enough
to fulfill a game. Personally, I do enjoy adding escape mechanic while others prefer an instant Game Over (an easy way of saying, I hope you
live from the attack/grabbed).

1. Are there any tutorials, guidelines, tips, or another thread that talks about creating a great gameplay / fappy time?
  2. What do you recommend me in creating the project: Should I create the game from scratch, or use other program such as Unity, RPG Maker, and so forward?
  3. Mechanics behind 18+ cut scene (Either as GameOver or in play time.)
  4. How can you tell when the "difficult" is just right? Because I been knowed to make my old SFW game, hard to beat lol

In case you asks: "What game are you planning to create?"
Just a general Hentai game, because I do have idea's in creating it, but my "plans" never really last long and usually, is always end up being something different.
:unsure: C.Umby from mugen is a great example of plan changes :unsure:

A Small belief
I'm a Software Developer in multiple languages (because you know, overqualified is your best friend~!)
A rookie / competent Animator
A low skill level of Audio production.
A rookie / average in pixel art
A mid-level / below proficient Artist.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
  1. Are there any tutorials, guidelines, tips, or another thread that talks about creating a great gameplay / fappy time?
  2. What do you recommend me in creating the project: Should I create the game from scratch, or use other program such as Unity, RPG Maker, and so forward?
  3. Mechanics behind 18+ cut scene (Either as GameOver or in play time.)
  4. How can you tell when the "difficult" is just right? Because I been knowed to make my old SFW game, hard to beat lol

In case you asks: "What game are you planning to create?"
Just a general Hentai game, because I do have idea's in creating it, but my "plans" never really last long and usually, is always end up being something different.
:unsure:
1) find tutorial about using such and such engine online, but not much real tutorial about gameplay / fappy time. One of the reason is that each and every person has his (her) own preference.
Tip will also depend on the person giving them. As a player only, I'd rather have classic put well implemented gameplay / fappy time then some inovative but worthless one

2) That's one is really up to you. Using an existing engine should make it easier to build a game with it as long as you understand the engine. It's probably best to stick to a) what you know of to use or 2) what should allow you to make what you want once you get the basic (or a bit more).

3) That one is a question of personal taste. Cutting to the cahse, I think you should decide what to do and stick to it for the whole game. Either answer the player call (follow the demand) or take your personal preference.
Ultimatly, a game depend on the motivation to create it. If you do somehting you don't like just to answer the players demand, the game will most likely end up poorly or not finished.

4) I'd say, first play it yourself and see how you far knowing the game rule and all. If it's a challenge, then assume most player will be a couple of level under you and strugle / won't make it.
The best is having tester from people who master that kind of gameplay to newbie.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Speaking from experience not as a developer, but as a gamer, the games I've seen do well tend to have a few things in common.

1) World building. It doesn't have to be anything grand, but if you stick to something believable and consistent, you shouldn't have to explain any logical leaps in going from one scene to the next.
2) Stick to a theme. A lot of the best games usually take a few kinks/fetishes and have their world expand around those themes. If you do your world building right, the sexual acts should fit right in with the world you build.
3) Don't get in over your head. If it's your first project, stick to the familiar and don't do anything crazy or way out of left field. Do that on your second or third project after you've gotten your feet wet and your audience interested.

OP
Mizulugu

Mizulugu

Reputation score
1) find tutorial about using such and such engine online, but not much real tutorial about gameplay / fappy time. One of the reason is that each and every person has his (her) own preference.
Tip will also depend on the person giving them. As a player only, I'd rather have classic put well implemented gameplay / fappy time then some inovative but worthless one

2) That's one is really up to you. Using an existing engine should make it easier to build a game with it as long as you understand the engine. It's probably best to stick to a) what you know of to use or b) what should allow you to make what you want once you get the basic (or a bit more).

3) That one is a question of personal taste. Cutting to the cahse, I think you should decide what to do and stick to it for the whole game. Either answer the player call (follow the demand) or take your personal preference.
Ultimatly, a game depend on the motivation to create it. If you do somehting you don't like just to answer the players demand, the game will most likely end up poorly or not finished.

4) I'd say, first play it yourself and see how you far knowing the game rule and all. If it's a challenge, then assume most player will be a couple of level under you and strugle / won't make it.
The best is having tester from people who master that kind of gameplay to newbie.
Thanks for your respond. I can't play it, because I know everything about my game, but I do test run it for "anti-stupid things", or checking
to see if everything is working correctly. I had search for "way to improve your game", but the only thing I "learned from them" is to make
AI/CPU dumb like a rock while letting the player cheat his/her way to victory. In short:
  • Let them be slick within the game
Preference? Well... I don't have one :LOL: I use anything that helps me archive my goal, but I still need to work on my FPS coding because
some people/PC will have some lag issues when running it. Here's a demo made in Java:

Speaking from experience not as a developer, but as a gamer, the games I've seen do well tend to have a few things in common.

1) World building. It doesn't have to be anything grand, but if you stick to something believable and consistent, you shouldn't have to explain any logical leaps in going from one scene to the next.
2) Stick to a theme. A lot of the best games usually take a few kinks/fetishes and have their world expand around those themes. If you do your world building right, the sexual acts should fit right in with the world you build.
3) Don't get in over your head. If it's your first project, stick to the familiar and don't do anything crazy or way out of left field. Do that on your second or third project after you've gotten your feet wet and your audience interested.
Thanks for your advice Fenril. World building (Game designing) seem to be what I have been lacking 😔 and I always thought I had
to explain how they gotten to point A to point C. Time for me to rebuild my plan and select a few theme before I make an abomination.
3. After I do have my feet wet, will it ever dry up? 🙀🙀

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
World doesn't have to be anything major for an H-game. You don't have to build a whole world, just a believable enough backdrop as for why things happen. Otherwise, things like spontaneous rape is kinda harder to justify.