What's new

RPG Shota [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

Nergal just made a patreon post informing us he''ll be quitting production after the 0.8 release this upcoming Friday.

Here's the full post copy & pasted:
Very Important Announcement - READ

Hey all,
There's not an easy way to say this, but I'll brutally honest and rip the band aid straight off, I'm qutting. After the 0.8 has been released on Friday I will no longer be updating at all.

This will come as a shock/surprise to many of you, but it's been a long time coming in some ways. I have a lot of personal problems at the moment (and I intend to keep them that way, personal), and this cannot be my focus. So to avoid leading people on, I'm letting everyone know now, STOP PLEDGING BEFORE THE END OF THIS MONTH.

One day I may return to finish these projects, but I don't see it happening any time in the near future. The UD 0.8 build is still happening for Friday as planned, and I'll try my best to bug fix any issues that arise as soon as possible.

A massive thank you to my patrons for their support, and I hope they can accept my sincerest apologies.

- Nergal

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

lol. Oh man, I wonder if this has anything to do with Nergal arguing with fans the last week? He was getting annoyed.

Oh well.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nergal just made a patreon post informing us he''ll be quitting production after the 0.8 release this upcoming Friday.

Here's the full post copy & pasted:
Very Important Announcement - READ

Hey all,
There's not an easy way to say this, but I'll brutally honest and rip the band aid straight off, I'm qutting. After the 0.8 has been released on Friday I will no longer be updating at all.

This will come as a shock/surprise to many of you, but it's been a long time coming in some ways. I have a lot of personal problems at the moment (and I intend to keep them that way, personal), and this cannot be my focus. So to avoid leading people on, I'm letting everyone know now, STOP PLEDGING BEFORE THE END OF THIS MONTH.

One day I may return to finish these projects, but I don't see it happening any time in the near future. The UD 0.8 build is still happening for Friday as planned, and I'll try my best to bug fix any issues that arise as soon as possible.

A massive thank you to my patrons for their support, and I hope they can accept my sincerest apologies.

- Nergal
Oh man this is sad :( But somehow not so surprising consedering that first urband demons where Neela was playable character wasn't finished either.

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Like everyone is saying on the patreon the game is freaking cursed,it was so close to being finished this is depressing.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

And what about ZL, which is still not officially released?

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Until further notice, AZL 1.0 public doesn't exist anymore and will remain a Patreon-only release

Polul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Very weird to just quit a 6k patreon like that and it's quite a lot more than what I take home each month. Personally I don't care about Urban Demons but I really wanted to see Zombie's life get finished. Nergal should probably take an extended vacation to deal with any drama rather than cancelling two games in progress. If it was the stress he should just have put Urban demons on hold, finished the more complete Zombie's life and then continued on Urban. Working on two projects at the same time as a one-man studio is a lot of work. Maybe he just wants out.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ZL's final version should come out soonish (he mentioned working on it this weekend) while already being public version

NoShowJoe

Reputation score

some people on F95Zone are thinking about picking up the game. anyone here would like to join the team? it's all up in the air and smurfyblue not sure if he will have enough time to code it but he wants to be involve. so far the only idea we got was to start a small kick starter for the soul soul purpose of hiring glassfish to finish all the art (terrible idea, we should not do this in my opinion but it was my shitty idea). best case we make a better game than nergal could have but worst case we just end up waiting for nergal to come back

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If you guys do pick it up just finish it I don't think the fans have the patience for another reboot,just a suggestion I'll support with money if someone decides to finish it.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Version 0.8, the final official version, is supposed to be released today. Not sure if it's already released via discord or not.

Connor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone upload the bct.sizer?

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

0.8 is out on Patreon

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

0.8 patch file on Patreon, copy/paste the folder(s) and overwrite

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I was able to get ahold of 0.8 without the patch so I'm just wondering what the patch covers. Anything gamebreaking?

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Most of the build is bugged : the new Jennings scenes don't play, you get mom's 10 hearts scene on day 1 and plenty of other stuff.

The 0.82 patch doesn't fix much and most of the stuff still bugs

ChosenOne

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have heard that the creator who for personal reasons has abandoned his projects, but you know if it is a temporary or definitive thing (it would be a shame).
Plus I saw on his Patreon there was abandoned writing.

Sorry my english is not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.