New horizons, A fairy's journey


Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#61
Re: New horizons, A fairy's journey

I meant Ivy, yes. Guess I had a derp moment.

Not sure if the exp is enough for spells.
But I'll add concocting a defensive spell to the pot
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 10, 2014
540
28
#62
Re: New horizons, A fairy's journey

I thought some more about it, and here's what I came up with:
Ivy is done helping Lily she remains in the village waiting for further instructions. While waiting she uses the chance to train her skills:
- if possible she works on learning a protective spell of some sort (Ice Armor was the first that came to mind since Ivy is an Ice Fairy, but other protective spells are fine too)
- if it's too soon for her to learn new spells then she trains her Archery skill (+1 Archery level) and tries to learn some sort of Evasion skill (gives bonus when trying to avoid getting hit by enemy attack (grapple attempts included), and also gives a small bonus when trying to escape from a grapple)

Ivy is an archer/mage hybrid that would prefer to avoid melee combat if possible, so an Evasion skill seems like a good idea.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#63
Re: New horizons, A fairy's journey

I'm thinking with that.
Defence: +1 on defence rolls
Escape: +1 to escape grapples, binds etc.

The second offsets her penalty for being small sized, sound good?
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 10, 2014
540
28
#64
Re: New horizons, A fairy's journey

Yes, that sounds good.

A few more ideas for skills that I think fit Ivy:
- Channeling - increases max EN and the speed of EN regeneration
- Spellcraft/Spell Mastery/Whatever-you-decide-to-name-it - increases the damage and casting speed of spells (and spell-like abilities) and decreases the fail chance of spells (making it less likely to miscast while under attack)
- Concentration/Focus/Whatever - This could be one of two things:
-- a passive skill that decreases the chance to miscast spells (this could be added to the bonus from the above skill, or have it completely removed from the above skill, leaving Spellcraft with just the increased damage and decreased casting time)
-- an active skill that increases the chance to hit and slightly increases damage inflicted (bonus is higher for spells than for physical attacks), but every enemy attack has a chance to break Ivy's concentration. Successful attacks have 50% chance to break concentration, misses have 25%. Improving the skill decreases these percentages

Of course, it's up to you to decide how to make them best fit the story/world.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#65
This took far to long, warning to anyone trying to make/write/draw anything. Don't shove something t othe bottom of the to do pile because it's already late, it will keep happening.
That said this was harder to write than I expected, maybe a personal lack of interest in girl on girl, maybe the fact I'm not versed in writing erotica, ah well.


The pair waste no time in returning to their tree-house but as soon as the pair are through the door Lily closes and latches the door quickly
"Hmm you seem ru.. yeep?!" Ivy responds to this is Lily pushes her down onto a bed.
"Finally got you to my self" Lily licks her lips as she slides her hand up Ivy's leg
"w..what are you d..doing?" Ivy stammers
"Don't worry, you'll love this, we both will. trust me."
Ignoring Ivy's timid objections she traces her leg and up to her groin.
"..that's place is dirty, you can't..."
"There is nowhere dirty on you." Lily retorts as she kisses Ivy "I think it's high time we made out love physical."
As is deaf to Ivy's nervous objections Lily rapidly disrobes her lover and sets to giving her the most passionate kissing session she can, all the while rubbing her delicate areas with her free hand. Ivy's resistance rapidly melts away and gives way to a new and unknown pleasure she has never felt before.
Before this new and unknown sensation Ivy offers no resistance as Lily goes down on her and a few minute later moving to a scissoring position. Offering little heed to Ivy's protests of 'I'll feeling weird', 'my head is foggy' and 'I'll melt'.

After the Ivy is brought to two orgasms, five for the sensative and aroused Lily, they cuddle up, Lily drifting off almost immediatly whereas Ivy lay awake for over an hour wondering what she just felt.

Over the next few weeks their are no more sightings of corrupted animals, the black armoured humans seem to have stoped their attempts to encroach on the woods for now and the air returns to a more normal atmosphere, the fairies are less on edge and scared of what's going on.
But that isn't the only change.

During this time Lily explains to Ivy that 'sex' is a physical act of two people'e love and it's how other races make babies, and that faries can have babies this way too. As well as them growing on the bough of the great oak as buds, although that is reflective of natures bounty and how healthy the forest is.
[Basicaly faries are born from nature as the children of dryads, but *are* capable of reproducing normally]
Lily also seems to be putting on a little weight, possibly a side affect of the lounging in bed after intimacy the pair are doing, "perhaps I need to do more excersice too" Ivy muses to herself after one such session, and spends all of her free time for the next few days training.

On the third week the great one calls a meeting, after people arrive and all the formalities and greating are out of the way the topic turns to Lily.
"As everyone has noticed by now, we will soon have a new life among us, after all Lily is with child."
Ivy blurts out in surprise. "Did I get her pregnant?! Is this bad, did I do bad?"
The grove is overcome with a shocked silence as her naivity and outburst. The first to break the silence is Misha stating "I wondered when those two would take that step." Ember simply smiles and nods chuckling.
Lily however hugs Ivy and says "No, it's a good thing." followed by murmurs of excitement.
The dryad speaks to which everyone falls quiet again "It is a good thing, now many of you won't know that a fairy bears child in but a month. So Lily has but a week left."


Alright, before I have her finish her statment. I'm very good at geting sidetracked and taking forever it seems.
Are their enough people who care about the story that want me to continue it, or would it be prefered to wrap it up and make it a short tale?

If it's the former now Ivy's had her mis-education do people want to purpetuate it or have her understand properly?
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 10, 2014
540
28
#66
Oh, wow, this got updated back in December and I didn't even notice until today. *facepalms*

Sadly, this part of the forum seems more or less dead. So if you still care about finishing the story, I vote "wrap it up and make it a short tale".

In the unlikely event that enough people show up and vote to continue, I'd prefer if Lily properly "educates" Ivy instead of perpetuating it. I would vote to continue, but, like I said, this part of the forum seems pretty much dead.
 

Renestrae

Jungle Girl
Jun 14, 2015
44
8
#67
Funnily enough I just stumbled into here after the recent forum update, and this seems interesting.

I don't quite understand the reason for Lily's pregnancy though (maybe that's intentional?), was it the plant thing she was trapped in and possibly raped by, or are fairies actually capable of same-sex reproduction?
Because of this and also because it fits with the plot (time passed and they had sex during) I think it would be logical for Lily to explain more...
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#68
Oh hell, people actually replied?!

I got no alerts at all, I thought people stoped caring. :oops:

I've been doing a disk clean, so I'll have to find and dust off my notes.
That said, when i say short I meant more if no-one really was interested I'd finish it in an update or two, otherwisse I'd continue the story. perhaps in larger chunks due to I originally planned.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#69
Alright update go!
To test to see if their are enough people to write the whole thing I'll do the next part of the story rahter than simply wrap it up here. [If I had they would have strengthened barriers and holed up and become a hidden grove, not a 'good' end but all I'd have had the groundwork for]

"and with the passing of Ivy's father we no longer have a 'doctor' among us, as such I am going to have to ask for volunteers to pick up the slack on the guard while Ivy and Lily go to the human town to get one to aid the birth."
Their is alot of murmuring among the residents of the grove, is she serious? Actually go into human lands?
Ivy hears a lot of rumours floating around from the 'eating trees whole' to 'kidnapping fae', everyone is clearly terrified by the idea.
"Enough! While their are evil humans their are also good ones, Thalmus, many of you must remmber his kindness, and how happy he and Azaelia were." The dryad says putting a stop to the building rumourmill.
"Sorry, my... father?" Ivy asks nerviously.
"Yes, did no-one ever tell you? Well that's troublesome. It would be too long a tale for now as you need to be in the human habitation before night falls as it's reportedly dangerous to wander the plains at night."
*She thinks for a moment*
"Well I'll give you the short version, your mother married a human who lived among us for a time, he was popular and quite kind, many saw him like a father or a brother. He and your mother however are no longer with us."
*the dryad looks saddened*
"I promice I will tell you the whole story once their is time upon your return, if you don't know this tale, many of the younger faries might not either and it's important everyone knows. But for now my children, enter the locked storehouse and take everything in the chest, I realised this was coming as Lily's belly swelled. Inside you will find enough food and supplies for you both for a week already packed as well as an iron dagger your father used to rid us of the evil goblin tribe. This is an antithesiss to us of course as it is to them, so if you take or leave that if your choise."

[This follows mythology closer than classic fantasy, goblins are a type of fae, mostly manevolant but not all. If Ivy uses the dager she will do a massive bonus vs fae creatures but simply holding it in her hand hurts her and will confer penalties and slow her healing.]

"O..of course, I'll protect Lily with everything I have, look forward to a new family member for our grove."
Ivy starts nerviously but adds the last part with glee at the thought of actually being able to see and help raise a baby.
Lilly whom has remainded quiet the whole time rubs her belly and smiles realising that Ivy has accepted her pregnancy, but realises she needs to explain more as she seemed to not explain well enough.
"Let us get our equipment and go on out adventured while it is still light, I'll not be able to help in battle in my state other than my magic, but I'll try not to get in the way."

[Unfortunately, this will be a traditionally hated escort quest, being in her last week of pregnancy Lily cannot defend herself properly and can only offer support via magic, if Ivy falls in battle she will have only one or maybe two actions to end the fight or escape before falling prey as well. Likewise if Lily is unprotected she will be incapasatated with ease. I will take measures for fairness, but if for example it's decided to use her as bait for a rape monser, she will have little hope in fending it off by herself right now.]

The pair wave their goodbyes and are fondly sent off, even Misha's stowing her ususal attitude, she seems a bit annoyed by something though, maybe she wanted to go instead...
After grabbing personal effects they head to the storehouse in question, Ivy was surpised to head she had the key for it under her pillow the whole time, she had it since she wasa child, it seem her father left it wiith her just before the 'incident' that lead to her becoming an orphan.
Inside it full of cobwebs and spiders that scurry away as well as a lot of strange flasks and tools. Ivy find this a bit creepy and huries to the chest, two sling bags with supplies are inside as well as some camping supplies and medicines. they split the weight, Ivy taking the heavier load witohut mentioning anything.
"Ivy speak up at this point "I... think I explained badly."
"Huh?"
"My baby. Ivy, two women making love cannot make a baby, only a man and a woman."
"Then... how did?"
". . . a person can be forced to mate... that man, corrupted by tenticles. Before you arrived I was bound in that bud and he..." *she seems unwilling to expound* "he is the father."
"It's not mine?"
"I'm sorry, you're not mad are you."
*Ivy falls a little silent trying to gather her thoughts*
"Mad? No, of course not, you were forced you said, I'm disapointed but it was my misunderstanding that lead to my excitement at thinging I could be a mum."
*Lily sighs in relief*
"If either of us are magicaly turned into men, even temporarally, I promice we can fix that."
"That.. happens?"
"Old stories say so, but, who knows for real?"
*She hugs Ivy*
"Shall we go on our adventure? See the world outside of our forest?"
"Yeah, lets."


Alright Choice time!
1) Do they take the Iron dagger for all of it's risks and rewards? yes/no
2) What route do they take out of the forest?
a) Direct route, it's part the two orc's camp but they arn't a threat right?
b) avoid then and follow the river, of course it's the primary source of water so that isn't without risk
c) Go the longer way into the deeper forest and leave along the cliff face, theoretically safer but would eat more valuble time
d) suggest a potental route (I'll find the closest possible approximation)
e) Why rush, adventure! We ave a week! (Choose forest destination)
i)Known locations:
ii)Back to the tainted grove
iii)Scout out those humans in the black armour
iv)Explore by the river
v) That cave they were told to never enter
vi) Other potental forest destination (More work for me ya bullies ;) )
f) Actually first... (Choose something to do prior to leaving, and then what you do after)
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 10, 2014
540
28
#70
Hmm, this is a tough choice...

F) Talk to Misha and the other fairies, see what Misha's annoyed about (and if there's anything Ivy can do to help her), and also see if she or anyone else wants something brought from the human village – Maybe Ivy can get it while there

1) No, leave the dagger

2) The route:
Modified a) Take the direct route for the most part, but avoid the orcs' camp (and the orcs) as much as possible. This will be a bit slower, but still the fastest route.

My second choice (if the above is no good) would be c) Go the longer way into the deeper forest and leave along the cliff face, theoretically safer but would eat more valuable time


Question: Does Ivy suffer the dagger penalties if she's wearing gloves while using it? In other words, does she need to directly touch the weapon, or is she affected just by having it?
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#71
Question: Does Ivy suffer the dagger penalties if she's wearing gloves while using it? In other words, does she need to directly touch the weapon, or is she affected just by having it?
They would need to be thick which would likely interfere with archery, It is alway retreavable later. if people want she can put it in her house as it's a keepsake and no-one else would want to use it.
 

Renestrae

Jungle Girl
Jun 14, 2015
44
8
#72
Agree on the dagger, as this is more about getting out of the forest (so no / less fae creatures there I presume) and handicapping ourselves is stupid if we might not need to use melee anyway.

As for the route, it would be logical to go for the absolute safest route. "Deeper forest" sounds scary from my RPG experience, but then again that was mostly from the perspective of humans, and for fairies that's home so I guess I'm for that.

I'm completely neutral on the Misha situation; I guess we could talk to her if moonblack wants to.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#73
I'll read that pair of votes as 'avoid the orcs and keep to the safty of the woods.' as Ren said, it's their back yard, safer for them so in RPG terms, the deep woods is like cutting through the sewers with giant rats instead of the slums and it's bandits as the river would approximate for a human civilisation RPG starter.
I'll also have to edit that last update as it seems my new program has different comands than I'm used too. (Just as *text* makes italics)


"Well thinking on it Misha seemed irratated, maybe we should see why?" Ivy says as an afterthought as she was excited for this adventure.
"Isn't she always crabby?" Lily adds.
"Well yeah but it might be a legitimate reason."

The pair agree to stop and ask her on the way out as she will be guarding the gates. The figure asking her directly before talking about her is better is she will be willing to explain.
At the gate the ywave to her whom half heartedly waves back.
"Hey, Mi, is something up, you seem... annoyed? I guss is the best way to put it."
"I'm always like this, and only Ember can call me that."
"Fiiine. Be a grump. But seriously what's wrong, with everything that's happened lately I'm not gonig ot be brushed off as it might be important."
Misha glares and is silent for a little while
"Bloody... FINE. I'm annoyed that you're getting sent and not me. I'm older, more experiances and the better fighter. *And* I've wanted to see human culture for a long time and see how their 'technomonolgy' works. All I have is the weapon I renovated, but the ban from leaving the forest prevents me from learning from them to make the forest safer." Misha exclains annoyed.
"Misha, human mech...ka... human inventions are forbidden, they say they hurt nature." Lily adds.
"Is it wrong to want to understand 'why?' We are faries, not elves, we shouldn't let tradition bind us so if it's the only reason for it."
"...Why Elves?" Ivy asks.
"Hmm? Oh yes, you always slept through historical tales, the elves were supposidly banished fro mthe woods for siding with the humans over something for no reason other than an ancient nigh forgotten treaty." Lily answers.
"Another tale said they left willingly because the forest spirits refused to allow their stuffy rituals that sapped mana from the forests heart any longer due to a blight. Who knows, the cores is the same though." Misha shrugs.
"Tell you what, if you can bring anything back, I'll see if I can't reward you somehow. I mean, I heard they have ways to get water without carrying buckets to a river, would that be so bad?"
"... no that would be nice, the amount of time's I've had my rump bitten by animals doing that... or mounted. Nothing happend as I escaped but I wonder why that's been happening of late..." Ivy muses.
"Animals? That's odd, signs of corruption perhaps? Or maybe they can mate with us. Not that I fancy finding out... Well stay safe... OH! Actually before you go, takes these" Misha rumages in her pack and pulls out some cloth.
"What are these?"
"Humans call them pant... something, they cover your crotch, apparently in human socity that's very important, if we go as we are in just our dresses we can get in trouble. In more ways than one. I only have two pairs."
"... how did you get these?"
"... I was going to play a prank on a herbologist whom was bathing but he saw me, screamed and ran away. He never came back for them. Not sure why a man had them, but with his stupid grin I guessed they were a treasure for him but I don't know, they should fit you both, well enough anyway."
"Alright thankyou." The pair slide them of as directed
"Alright get going or the ghosts of the planes will eat you up!" Misha taunts
"Come on Misha, everyone knows ghosts are dwarf tales." Ivy chuckes as she waves leaving Lily away"

[Loose underwear gained, these have no mechanical benifit as basic items but they have social benifit as no longer commando.]

The pair head deeper into the woods as to avoid the main road where humans will be and those orcs, Lily claimed it's probably too soon for Ivy to risk that but didn't explain what she meant.

On the way though the pair spy a pair of rabbits eating from a berry bush, Ivy points them point and whispers "Rabbits, no, too big, must be dire rabbits. Should we hunt them for provisions?"
Lily whispers back "They can make great companions if taimed, a bit old for it might be tricky though."

[Dire Rabbits: The size of a medium dog (So small size catagory) unlike most dire animals they are usually really docile unless threatened so it's not unknown for people ot be able to get really close unless they make sudden moves. Often freindly. That said they eat smaller rodents and insects as well as their usual fare as a rabbit and so have sharp jagged teeth]

"Hmm lets...."
a) Hunt them
b) close in and try to befreind them
c) pass them, we are on a timer
d) other
 
Last edited:

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
May 10, 2014
540
28
#74
A side quest, yay! And an extra piece of new equipment, too.

Typo question:
"Alright get going or the ghosts of the plans will eat you up!" Misha taunts
Is that supposed to be “ghosts of the plants” or “ghosts of the planes”? I assume you did not mean “plans” in this particular case, and this is the one typo where I can't guess what you meant.


Vote: Modified C) Pass them and their bush, but look around for other berry bushes. If they see any on their way collect some fresh berries.

In the beginning of the journey I don't think the pair needs the rabbit meat yet, so no need to risk attacking them. If this was on the way back I might have voted for taming them, but not now: It will take precious time and the rabbits likely won't be able to follow Ivy and Lily in the human village, as any local hunters might mistake them for suitable targets to hunt.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#75
Plains sorry, they refer to whatever the cause of the plains being dangerous as night is.
 

Renestrae

Jungle Girl
Jun 14, 2015
44
8
#76
I'll go by process of elimination: I agree that rations shouldn't be a priority rn (also aren't upbeat friendly forest civilizations stereotypically vegetarian? :p ). Also, I can think of many reasons how maintaining a mount in human-land could become inconvenient, and thus I just don't think it's worth the hassle. So I'd be for passing them, but again, moonblack had a really nice idea - so why not try that instead.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#77
Stereotypically that's often the case, but hunter comunities are also a thing in such. In the case of the fae, it's mostly vegetarian styled diet as it's plentiful but meat sometimes comes in when more protean is needed (pregnancy, injury and such) or something need culing to maintain natural order. For example an over population of wolves. Their pelts and meat would be put to good use.
 
Last edited:

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#78
"... leave them alone, to tricky to maintain a mount in human lands as they make rock houses and floor and hunting them might get ugly if our first strike isn't clean."
"Alright."
With that the girls back away and keep clear of the rabbits, but make sure to make a few minor detours to forrage for fresh fruits and nuts, they might strucgle to find those in the realms of man after all.

Using the distant cliffs as a guide they after a few hours walking and chatting come to the edge of the forest when they pair stop.
"About to be the furvist we have ever gone from home huh?" Says Ivy.
"For me yes, you wern't actually born in the forest. You were a newborn when you arrived as your mother and father were out on buisness."
"That... hardly counts you know."
Lily sticks her tounge out impishly as she hop down the incline onto the road and looks up
"About... early afternoon, we are a little behind but not too badly, come come, lets go!" Lily exclaims energetically
"Someone's excited."
"How often can we have such an adventure, even if the why wasn't a great trigger but the adventure itself and aftermath will be wonderful! What's not to be excited about?"
Ivy giggles as she clambers down
"Your excitment is contagous, maybe I should have one too."
"Nope! Mine!" Lily hugs Ivy smirking.
Ivy's ears prick up "Stop."
"Nope, miiiine."
"No seriously, listen!"
Lily stops and listens, "I don't hear anything."
"Exactly, everything just went silent. No birds, no insects."
"... this is creepy lets hurry..."
The pair start to briskly walk away.

After ten minutes down the road the way they think the humans Lily stops sudenly and looks around.
"What's wro..."
"GET DOWN!" She shouts, tackling Ivy as a sword swings from the bushes on the roadside Getting a nasty gash on her back for her trouble.
"Lily!?" Ivy wastes no time if pulling her freind away and grabbing a weapon to contront their assalant, however she does not expect what she sees, a large suit of armour lumbers forth, the armour weathered and rusted as is the blade it weilds, slithering can be made out as it moves as it oozed some kind of mucus from it's joints, the scent of coruption is almost palpable from this... thing.

Ivy HP 10/10 EN 5/5 Ar 0/10
Lily HP 1/5 EN 10/10 Ar 0/10 (Normaly has more max HP)
Corrupted Armour ?/? Unhurt

Time to think fast what should Ivy do.
1) Fight
a) Melee, might be able to get into his swing and be evasive
b) Keep distance, use her bow
c) Magic focused combat, burn through her MP to burn this 'thing' fast
2) Run away, Lily is heavely pregnant and injured but it can't be that fast right?
3) Other cunning tactical plan

Lily however does what?
1) Fights to support while she can
2) Hides, shadow and stealth is her focus after all.
3) Flees, Goes on ahead while Ivy does what she does
4) Other
 
Last edited:

Renestrae

Jungle Girl
Jun 14, 2015
44
8
#79
Okay so I was going to suggest shooting at it to find out how/where our arrows can hurt this thing (or if?), but then I wondered: how's the arrow situation? Can we be wasting them? Are we able to replenish them after (crafting or something)? Because I don't want to shoot 20 arrows in this dude and then run away bc it doesn't hurt it at all and we get raped by everything else in this forest due to not having any ammo...

Also Lily should go hide and maybe look how bad it got her and possibly try some first aid if she can. But being in range to throw a distraction or something could prove useful, so not too far
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
526
28
#80
Never put much thought to arrows, I'll say Ivy can fletch them with a bit of time. That said the pair have just left the forest, it's a different encounter chart now. ;)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Courage Wolf EGG v 2.2 32

Similar threads