New horizons, A fairy's journey


Torlok2000

Lurker
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
11
Reputation score
0
I concur with the others for wait and see, adding maybe try to have a better look at the "battle field" to prepare a plan of attack. For example is there a space to fly if need? I would expect it would not be easy.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
592
Reputation score
62
Alrighty a bit short but.

Opting to wait and see Ivy observes the battle to see how it gos between the goblins and the... not-goblins.
The goblins rapidly seem to have more tactical sence, covering eachother where they can and countering the other being wild.
Unhindered by their injuries the wild tenticled beings impale the goblins brutally on their crude but brutal spears, clearly crafted form rubbish thrown into the aquaducts.
Using their sheild the injured goblins push back and inflict wounds on the savage beings, the wounds proving to be shallow on their slimy flesh.
The fight goes on for a few minutes, the goblins holding them back all they can before a lucky strike to the throat causes one of the tentecles beings to clopse gurgling on it's own bloos from the deep and fatal strike, leaving two crtitically injured goblins to fight one wounded mystery being as she surveys the scene considering her options.

1) Strike
a) The mystery being
b) A goblin
2) Actucally lets just leave...
3) Let them play it out and then
a) parley with the victor
b) slay the victor
4) Other
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
562
Reputation score
46
3a - it's a lot easier to negotiate with someone who is already wounded and weakened. And if the negotiations go badly, an wounded opponent will be easier to kill
 

Diaphanous

New member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
11
Reputation score
1
3a, there might still be some tricks to be seen from the mystery being. Or from goblins, for this matter.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
592
Reputation score
62
Ah hell, it's been a month?!
I figured I'd give some time incase anyone else wanted to answer and it slipped my mind when no new updates were sent.
I'll get on with this and replace this /update as soon as I finish my errands.
 

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
592
Reputation score
62
Well that took a bit longer than intended, took a nap and lost the document I typed due to a blue-screen. (Double post to inform people who saw the last update of this update. Not sure if that's bad form from a Cyoa's author.)

In a surprise lunge the creature breaks through the goblins crude barrel lid sheilds grabbing one of the goblins and sinking it's teeth into his throat.
The other goblin however wastes no time taking advantage of the openign, sinking it's blade deep into where it's heart should probably be.
The beast gurglign on it's blood it slumps to the ground alongside it's victim, now beond saving with several needle like teeth left in his throat.

As Ivy creeps closer she note the srviving goblin wastes no time in sifting for 'valubles fro mthe bodies, including his fallen comrade as he bleeds out on the walkway.

Flittering over she gets into possition, but noting her damp wings inhibiting her movments somewhat, she can't rely on her flight down here.
The goblin's ears twitch and he turns, rusty blade in hand to face her.

Ivy, already ready has her bow in hand with arrow nocked and partally drawn. Not pointed at him ,but enough to know she means buisness if needbe.

"Why are you here below this town?"
The goblin leers a bit licking his lips and making no attempt to hide his oggling her as he speaks in a gutteral language before seemingly correcting himself in a broken attempt on the common tounge.
"Seek the crown of the king, last kings ugly-swine take it and vanish here. Need ot make king and end gob-war."
"Gob war?"
"Gob-tribe fight over sucession, cannot crown king without crown, unite tribes."
"Hmm"

Does ivy
1) opt to trust him and
a) offer to team up for safty
b) leave him to it and leave
2) Not trust him and
a) Shoot him (Taking his stuff after kiling him yes/no)
b) leave, carefully
3) other?
(All answers that don't include immediately leaving will include investigating the water-goblin)

After this does she head
i) left
ii) right
iii) back to the crawlspace
iv) back to the blockage
 

theragglefraggle

New member
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
9
Reputation score
0
Can't say i trust goblins, I've read enough goblin slayer to know where that goes. As for what to go i would go with 2b and go to the left seems like a good way to go.
 

Diaphanous

New member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
11
Reputation score
1
I think we can try asking this goblin about what these blue goblin-like creatures can be, whether he encountered similiar ones before, why did they attack.
Afterwards, whether we get an answer or not, it can be 2b, though I'd vote for going right (we get closer to the direction of blockage, there can be a path that allows to get round it).
 

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
562
Reputation score
46
Still can't decide between 2a and 2b. For now I'll go with:
I think we can try asking this goblin about what these blue goblin-like creatures can be, whether he encountered similiar ones before, why did they attack.
Afterwards, whether we get an answer or not, it can be 2b, though I'd vote for going right (we get closer to the direction of blockage, there can be a path that allows to get round it).
As for the direction to go: Follow the new passage in the direction of the blockade, in the hope that it will allow us to go around it. I'm not really sure if that counts as going left or right. I THINK this means going to her left, but I'm not really sure.
 
Top