What's new

Nightmares Thread

R

Ryka

I have gotten interested in the mind. The mind can make up a lot of scenarios, mostly emanating from your dreams. In fact, your dreams actually show pictures and sound of your nightmares as if it were real. And how the mind works, one could dream of the most unreal situations and subjects in their minds. My dreams are all strange enough to merit being borderline, but I do not have an isolated dream I can share, as they all blur in my mind due to their random nature.

But someone here must have remembered a creepy nightmare they would like to share. The mind creates all sorts of things for people with enough imagination. I hope this thread takes off. Forgive me if it doesn't. This thread was made for the intention of nightmares. The other thread, the popular dreams thread is more of a "Hey, this is interesting" feeling to me.

The_Mad_Hatter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Nightmares Thread

I had a lot when I was a kid, got me seriously interested in dream interpretation; though most things are pretty intuitively understood.
E.g dreams of your teeth falling out or breaking convey a fear of powerlessness

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think a lot of people that would have nightmares probably don't want to share them.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Often times, it's not something that the person actually cares about (since dream interpretation is mostly bullshit) just situations in which the dreamer is made to feel tense. You can wake up from the imagery of just you running, because it's 'excitation,' doesn't matter what you may be running from or after.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

There are certain types of food you can eat if you want more nightmares, eating things that are hard to digest or will upset your stomach within an hour of going to bed is likely to get you a nightmare

I suppose I'll share one of mine

In a medieval-ish setting, I and 3 or so others went out camping, and all the while there was talk of those who sleep in the woods there being attacked by demons in their sleep and driven insane.
So by the time I go to bed in the dream, and dream that I'm dreaming, I'm wondering just what would happen
So then I end up in a empty void with nothing there except some cheesy floating glowing red eyes, which circle me while there is talking in a very deep, dark demonic voice.
And that's where the nightmare turned into something a lot less impressive. Since I usually don't even get sound during dreams and now I'm hearing this thing talking to me loud and clear, instead of getting scared by it threatening to screw up my mind with unknown horrors, I try to engage it in conversation and excitedly try to get it to keep talking. It is confused for a while and then tries to scare me again before running away, and then I wake up for real

Dreams are interesting things, I've been trying to figure them out and how to effect them(Including lucid dreaming and making them feel more real/making them use more than just visuals) for about a year now, and I still have almost nothing to show for it.
So if anyone has any ideas on how to do that, please do post it

Last edited:

NeithR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a lot of nightmares recently...

Like this one which I had this morning:
When I went into a room, a ghost appeared in window.
Strangely, I pulled the ghost from the window.
Then, I ate the ghost while feeling the nightmare.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A couple of times. Thinking about the Ju-on ghost are very scary, looking out the window to see some scary face staring at me, but my first and only complete nightmare was this:

I was swimming somewhere in my clothes when a strong tide suddenly took me away to some forest where I met some bikers, then the nightfalls and I was told to inspect a small shack on a small hill. I walk a round it and then hear a noise and look to see a small troll in the scandinavian "John Bauer" design, dancing like it was a puppet on strings. That apparently scared the shit out of me and I ran down to see the other bikers getting attacked by bigger trolls before a box appeared and locked me in. Then I woke up.

Cyln

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Am I the only one that loves Nightmares?
I think Nightmares are different from normal dreams. They are special.
And at least i remember them.

Reputation score

I hate My nightmares. My mind is something I have always kept in check I tend to speak out loud or say what ever is on my mind which has always made me seem incredibly odd or at least that's how I have always felt. But that being said I have many nightmares I can share if anyone is interested in more of them after I share this first story.

I had always Enjoyed Dinosaurs and well animals of all kinds as a child its one of the few things I always felt I could relate to I could understand an animal. So when Jurassic park came out I must have watched it thought I don't remember it what I do remember is Lost World. My love of Dinosaurs as a young child caused me to do something I still some what regret to this day I must have been eight or maybe ten years old and I watched the Lost World, three times in a row. I had to get to bed so I quickly headed off to my room. However my Night was plagued with Nightmares.

It was a String of them I can't quite remember if I woke up then fell back asleep and entered into another immediately afterwords but either way this was likely the most terrifying Night I had had.

You see in my Dreams I had developed a Backdoor to escape By blinking rapidly in my dreams as fast I could it would force me to awake and escape but this night I wasn't so lucky...

It started at the being of the Movie with the little girl and the hotdog however the "Compies" Didn't have the little girl to munch on it was just me. I ran as fast I could to try and escape but eventually they overwhelmed me and started ripping me apart. This however wasn't that scary for me because ultimately Ignorance prevailed and the scene it self wasn't all that graphic because I didn't know what a human being ripped apart would look like for the most part so I didn't try blinking out. My dream faded to black and the next scene started up shortly after.

As my senses returned I was at the scene ware the guy Yells "Don't Go into the long Grass." Except that its me yelling it and it was my classmates that were going into the long grass once again While I watched the Raptors butcher my school mates the long Grass/Reads Kept the Horror aspect of it to a minimum. Eventually everyone was dead except for me And my dream ended as a raptor lept from the long grass onto me. As with all my transitions there is a fade to black and now we enter the truly terrifyin part for me.

This third and final Scene took places partially On the Ship of that they brought the T-Rex on and a Auto garage Not sure how the two merged but they did. I was on the ship as the T-Rex is breaking out And its Chased me and it just kept chasing me I was so terrified Trying to run faster and faster blinking as fast as I could when I realized I wasn't waking up I started to panic and cry in my dream Calling out why isn't it working though I can't remember if I have sound in my dreams. Eventually I was caught and the T-Rex bit me in half I was crying and screaming as my upper torso desperately crawled to get away(Suddenly im no longer in an open area instead a Auto Garage) so I'm crawling on the ground trying to hide under a car that is on a car lift to escape but their is a baby T-rex and he grabs onto what I now beleive might have been my entrails and keeps pulling me out from under the car taking a bite then letting me pull my self under the car and then grab me again all the while the Mother/Father T-rex watches on. I couldn't wake up I don't know how long this continued but eventually I snapped up in bed sweating Tears streaming down my face and Then I say it in the corner of my Room it was a Raptor It lunged at me And clawed me across the face.

I finally woke up but now that I had had the fake wake up I was so terrified that I hid under my covers Crying clenching my blankets so the monsters couldn't get me I was crying so hard all I could do was cradle my self under the blankets Repeating "Why didn't it work."

That was one of the few times I couldn't Blink out of a Dream or Nightmare. And to this day the feeling of helplessness I felt still sends chills down my spine I spent nearly four years keeping glasses of water around the house so I could check and make sure A T-Rex wasn't hunting in the woods behind my house. My Parents always assumed I just forgot my cups.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Spirographs.

Whilst in hospital I had nightmares of Spirographs, and also bizarre mathematical patterns that once set in motion, took an eternity to come back to their starting point. I had to watch or do these repeating patterns, again and again and again, feeling like several life times were crawling by at a painfully slow pace. But also rushed, as if I was working this endless task to a crucial deadline that wouldn't come round for centuries, but was impossible to measure the progress towards. And feeling trapped and unable to change or influence the patterns the entire time.

This weird theme is probably my most common nightmare. Always impossibly long tasks, that are either seemingly meaningless, or of the utmost importance but for unknown reasons. Previous versions of it have involved painting an entire city using only a small paint brush, or draining the sea into screw top bottles one bottle at a time.

Cappy

Reputation score

I know I haven't posted in awhile, and I may be bringing this somewhat controversial aspect of the subject in somewhat randomly, but I've always had a morbid fascination with hallucinogenics and the more extreme narcotics, so I've read up on one or two to satiate my curiosity. Apparently some drugs can trigger mental issues and psychological flaws (At least, from what I've gathered, I could be wrong) bringing them outside of the subconscious and directly into perspective, and I think that some of the hallucinations that happen might possibly be relevant, especially when "bad trips" are often described as a terrible nightmares come to invade the world of reality. That said, people hear, see, taste, smell, and feel some very intense emotions and ideas when that sort of thing happens, I tend to think that although the chemicals and materials used probably messed up the intended way of processing those ideas and information, but it's still interesting to think about imo.

Cappy

Reputation score

Recently I had a very strange dream in which I was calmly talking with a demon, I don't know how I got there or what prompted the situation, all I can recall of it is that I knew he was a demon and I was talking to him, the subject of sex came up and he mentioned shoving things into his partner's [a woman] place, and the first and only thing he mentioned was a "crucifixion", I understood or at least assumed that he meant a crucifix, and I became disconcerted and disturbed at the mention of it, consciously thinking that something was wrong about the whole thing.

Then my face started shaking left and right beyond my control, and I could swear that when I woke up my face was actually shaking left and right like a compelled thing, I can't remember any features about him or what he looked like though I was right next to him and looked directly at him without fear. I was calm during the entire time but AFTER I woke up I was scared shitless of the implication to the point that I was brought to tears, and prayed for the first time in a long time. I was and am still disturbed by it, though I discussed the ordeal with my father and he consoled me and offered up reasonable explanations as to why and how it could have happened. I happened to have eaten prior to sleeping and was only asleep for about two hours during the middle of the day. It had happened just after a rather aggravating debate I had thrust myself into with excruciating amounts of detail and investment, it had aggravated me more than the usual fair, even though I considered myself to have basically slaughtered the opposition in terms of logic. I don't know if any of that is relevant as to why i would experience such a strange lucid dream, one that only really scared me post dream with it's disturbing content and the fact that my physical body mirrored the actions of my dream body in a way that seemed relevant.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

My "favorite" bad dream of all time: I was trapped in painting, which I'd seen somewhere before most likely, despite being only 8 or 9. But yes, this meant I physically felt as if I was a 2D construct. I was being "chased" by one of the black lines, combining the dream with the classic "running, but can move" dream-trope. It would hit me, and then I'd wake up in a very cold sweat, every time, and feeling sick to my stomach. Typically would have to go make sure I wasn't actually going to hurl and wait before going back to bed, not because of the dream itself, but because I physically didn't feel good. I *would* remember it vividly each time though.

Thankfully, after a few years I outgrew this dream.

Cappy

Reputation score

My "favorite" bad dream of all time: *Dream Description*
That's got to be pretty up there on the strangeness scale out of the nightmares I've heard of, maybe not the most grotesque but certainly one of the strangest. Glad to hear you've overcome it, whatever it was.

Cappy

Reputation score

Sorry for the double-post, also long ramble about a very nebulous dream ahead, although there's one detail about it that I found very amusing upon waking up.

This was more of a restless dream than a nightmare (One detail of it is quite amusing, so I thought it would be a good idea to catalogue it before the details disappeared), I dreamt I was playing some sort of online game, except I was actually in it and for some reason there was this strange partial no-clip enabled. Dying didn't cause permanent death but there WAS the strange risk of getting lost in various pathways and rooms across the "game-verse" of various empty fps maps and various places, there was a strange almost ventilation shaft arrangement of pathways between these places that I could travel through, and one of them lead to reality.

For some bizarre reason, I had to lead "Neebs" the online character from both Doraleous and Associates and Battlefield Friends through this chaotic series of really colourful mattress-esque feeling ventilation shafts. (They had rather bizarre and childish colours, like pink, light green, all very bright colours) I knew the exact path to escape to reality, and for some reason I took it upon myself to lead Neebs back to reality and prevent him from getting lost into the co-clip verse or falling through the see-through glitch floor, etc etc, which was difficult because he was Neebs and acting very in-character (If you aren't familiar with him, he acts very difficult, he's the "Noob" character in Battlefield Friends) Somehow I manage to lead him through the colour vents back into "reality" were we sat down with some friends and relaxed outside at night, were there was rain residue on a set of stone benches near a stone table, but we had our own chairs we had brought down from *somewhere*. (The nature of my dreams are very surreal and nebulous, as you've probably gathered by now)

Another detail about it, that was earlier in the story though I have no idea were and how it fits in, is that my reputation in the online gaming community associated with the particular game we were in previously was so bad, that just one positive comment from me about the game sent the developers into question *Somehow*, but I believe it might be because people believed I was cheating for some reason, although I didn't actually connect a link to the fact that I was in a no-clipverse, in fact it never crossed my mind until I woke up.

Last edited:

STALKERXXZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Normal or not, but I never had nightmares.
There were strange dreams and a little scary dreams, but there were no nightmares.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

Am I the only one that loves Nightmares?
I think Nightmares are different from normal dreams. They are special
I didn't have any for years now but i do love them as well.

When being about 10 years(or less) old i had a probably quite common to many people one with gazing at a static image(TV like) the closer it zoomed in, the intensity grew. It happened many times but i quickly grew out of it.

My favorite nigthmare experience happened couple of years ago(now i don't remember all the details but back then i knew every single one about it)
I was in a body of some very young man playing outside with some other peoples my age.
I remember one of two best things about this dream was some sort of premonition of mine that something omnious is just about to happened.
It was igniting in many different moments(places we visited) of that very long dream.
(halfway in that dream)I remember only one interesting location when me and the group of kids been inside a "cave" created from a blast of some powerfull bomb which ripped/splitted in half a block with flats
and dug into the earth about 400meters deep and exploded creating this cave like thing.
When we reached the bottom of this crater looking up in the moonlight night sky we could see the still standing ruins of that mentioned block forming a ring around us. At that very moment my premonition kicked in and i started yelling like a lunatic to the crowd to start running ahead of us into the pitch black darkness of the cave. They didnt moved an inch at first starting asking questions why but before i could give some logic answer someone/something just flew high above us casting a shadow on each one of us for a brief second, landed on top of mentioned ruins and stayed there,motionless, starring at us. While looking back at it i could only see the shape but no other features of the creature.
The crowd didn't need any more encouragment to move as we started running for our dear lives(strangely enough we all bolted in the same direction) Ahead into the splitting labirynth of tunnels.
When the darkness enveloped us fully somebody running at front turned on a flashlight(the only person who had any meaning of light source).
I've ran at the back and somehow knew if i lose the flashlight from my sights im not gonna make it. We reached some abandoned metro tunnels and then i started to experience another great part of that dream.
Im talking about something like a vision or a body shift.
In an instant i could move from my current body to the body of... that creature which was visibly toying with us.
While being in his i could see, feel, hear and knew ahead what the creature is trying to do.(i also remember he looked like many different monsters from horrors i've seen blended in together and that it was making sounds like purring cat mixed with quiet lion growl)
That helped me to guide the helpless, scared group of peepsqueek's who now listened and obeyed every word, every order i told them to elude the monster from trying to scare/ambush/kill us. I dont' remember much more just the moment that the creature finally found us on an open field, landed nearby and... the sound of my neighbour walking early morning to work woke me up. I was FOOKING LIVID that day!!! :mad:

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Most of my dreams believe it or not tell me, stuff I might do a few months to a few years later. I remember one time it showed me an image of a person I've never met and I saw her later in the 5th grade. Even the fact I got my average up in college was spot on (got strait a's for 2 semesters),the day I was about to get hit by a car (my subconsciousness told me to step back), even the exact way my friend was gonna commit suicide and he was gonna live. I don't dream often, just rare occasions. Most of the time I just sleep and don't dream at all. It freaks me out to be honest.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My nightmares have usually been about velociraptors. You know, from Jurassic Park. There was a dream where the dinos had gotten loose and a group of people were running and I knew which parts were dangerous and tried to tell them but they didn't listen.

Another time there was nothing to do with them but somehow the dream morphed into a facility that was quickly overrun.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Have I mentioned the nightmare where my old Jack Russel Terrier became monstrously half scorpion and tried to kill me?