What's new

Nightmares Unnamed OOC Discussion and Banter

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nightmares Unnamed OOC Discussion and Banter

Mm, if you have it in the real world, you'll have to search for it in the battle, it won't be on your body. :p Just to make it a little difficult.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm... just going to double-check with Janna about the specialization, as now the wording has gotten me confused a little. We'll say he's gravy so far but until I know for sure whether the grappling should be a +2 to all attacks while grappled, or a +2 to grapple and normal attacks (that deal more damage if they connect) I won't be able to test him out. xD Sorry for the wait Toxic... hopefully it means more time for your computer to be fixed before you start!
Oh sure, now you want my advice. :D

Anyway, looking at Buster's sheet, he spent 3 points on Training.

1 point on Focus for +10 energy.
1 point on Specialty Attack training for grapples that would give him +1 to hit with any grappling attack. You could apply that as a bonus against attacks made while he's grappling or grappled, too.
1 point on Specialty Massive Damage for "Attacks in a grapple." That would give him +5 damage on any attacks he makes either while he's got someone grappled or while someone is holding onto him.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Getting back to discussing the specifics of monsters and abilities, maybe let's wait until the next IC day. Your characters at this point aren't aware enough of what's going on to more than think that they might be imagining things. xD There will be plenty of time for them to know how awful things are really going to get in order for them to be paranoid!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh sure, now you want my advice. :D

Anyway, looking at Buster's sheet, he spent 3 points on Training.

1 point on Focus for +10 energy.
1 point on Specialty Attack training for grapples that would give him +1 to hit with any grappling attack. You could apply that as a bonus against attacks made while he's grappling or grappled, too.
1 point on Specialty Massive Damage for "Attacks in a grapple." That would give him +5 damage on any attacks he makes either while he's got someone grappled or while someone is holding onto him.
SEXYTIME! Just as I hoped!
K, so do I just pretend I was in the town hall this entire time, or should I write myself being inserted in

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

SEXYTIME! Just as I hoped!
K, so do I just pretend I was in the town hall this entire time, or should I write myself being inserted in
I'll need a little longer to get everything checked out but I expect you'll be set to start in the town hall a little later today, depending on how much time I have.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

I posted that my character found something in the Town Hall. I figure it's something that would be easy enough to find, but if you would rather roll a check for it, Ice, that'd be fine.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'll wait to respond until I see if Jen having the town hall minutes is ok.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Lol Ice the move that I did to that monster should probably have stunned him for at least 2 minutes =P

Are you a guy or a girl? o_O

Oh well I'll continue on... These things are probably just tougher then I thought.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

I posted that my character found something in the Town Hall. I figure it's something that would be easy enough to find, but if you would rather roll a check for it, Ice, that'd be fine.
This time, sure, it's okay... most of the time I'm going to ask you to wait for rolls, but since it shouldn't have any notable information, I'll let it by.

Lol Ice the move that I did to that monster should probably have stunned him for at least 2 minutes =P

Are you a guy or a girl? o_O

Oh well I'll continue on... These things are probably just tougher then I thought.
For the IC reaction, yeah, a couple of minutes or so would make sense, but in terms of attacks vs turns, it doesn't work that way. She probably didn't hit him in quite the way he needed to go down, OR he's tougher (I'll never tell ;)) than he looks.

Toxic and Miachan, your characters are ready to join the Town Hall thread -- your characters are going to show up more towards noon, having been picked up then along with other NPC stragglers.

Everyone else, the day is moving on, progressing towards noon, just in case you were worrying that we were stuck in one time and dragging on! I'm aware of wanting to get going, but there are a few battles left and one more person that I need to get in contact with to see if they're going to join.

Also... I'm not sure who expected there to be no bars for cell-phones. You can use them, and they could end up being quite useful later in the game to communicate between characters that have split up. Just so you know. I didn't make you guys spend points on items that you'll never use (hopefully!)

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Lol yeah I thought it might be for balance reasons... I just didn't want to believe it!

Oh and sorry about the medkit thing... I thought about asking you before I started fighting something but I just shook it off as something that you wouldn't care about lol

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Hehe, sorry Ice, that was me with the 'no bars on the cell phone' thing. I guess I kinda figured you wouldn't want us calling out to everyone else in the world (which I think would be the first thing everyone would do in this situation) but that we'd be able to use them to talk to each other some way. I guess I tend to push things on GMs sometimes. Sorry! :eek:

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't worry about it, thanks for asking first!

I'm going to start trying to reply to everyone that's posted so far. I may disappear a couple of times as I put everything together. Seems like the board likes to log me out regularly.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I think I recognize who the picture RJ's using is supposed to be of. The girl in it looks a lot like the antagonist doll from the first season of Rosen Maiden.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I was wondering, 'why the maid suit?' X3

Icelus, would you mind if I have Cara wander off from Cat and Griffen? Or is everyone slotted to be paired up like they are currently?

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, I just hit 101 posts! Go me!

I've got everyone caught up on most of the PM's. There are four people who haven't started a battle yet (two because they haven't posted yet, one because they wrote 'X curls up and goes to sleep' and I need a little more than that, and one that I just haven't picked a monster yet!) and one who hasn't signed up even though they expressed interest (PM'd to see if they were still interested, by the way!) and one who hasn't finished yet. The rest are caught up!

I'll probably be moving things along soon, over the next couple of days. It may take a bit to set up the next round of battles, but they're on the burner, just so you know.

Wallpaper, that's okay. I just grouped people together based on proximity. If you'd rather wander off or join others, go for it!

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hehehe, it's a good thing you paired Shiva up with Kaci, since Shiva isn't the talkative type, Kaci would probably be great for getting Shiva to talk, otherwise I'd be, "X curls up and goes to sleep" :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'M ON IT BABE!

...right after my shower, I have to get this internet off my skin. it's all sticky

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'M ON IT BABE!

...right after my shower, I have to get this internet off my skin. it's all sticky
That's actually my Raptor jui- I mean your internet-it's your internet, yeah... >.>