What's new

No Second Chances (Incubus)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The Harlequin: HP = 63, PP = 54, EP = 43, Status = Fine

"Harley! Get down here!" Lucille shouted up the stairs at the top of her lungs. In her private quarters where she saw to her "customers," the Harlequin knew that she had another task to do, the headmistress of the brothel she worked at in order to keep from being discovered for what she truly was no doubt having some degrading work for her to do. Of course, her contacts often came to her in this manner as well, posing as clients in order to meet with her without arousing suspicion so as to deliver information on a contract, or a dead drop for payment. She was actually waiting on just such an account already, as she hadn't yet had time to receive payment for contract she'd completed just the previous night as of yet. It was a regular "Client," a figure she knew only as Kal whom she knew was good for it from past experience.

Still, that didn't stop it from being a "customer," or Lucille simply wanting her to do some chore that the other demoness didn't want to do, and as such foisted onto her servants. The Harlequin was hardly the only one working in the Seventh Sanctum, a comparatively upscale establishment nestled near the heart of Acheron, and she could here her fellow employees, of which there were only five, all bustling about in their rooms. Two were already hard at work by the sound of things, and at least two of the others were no doubt busy preparing themselves for their next customers. No sound came from the room of the fifth, but the Harlequin knew that she'd been called away as entertainment for a private party earlier that day.

Regardless, however, she was expected downstairs shortly, and she would have to dress according to her station.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: No Second Chances (Incubus)

'Harley' gave a sigh, putting down the blade she had been playing with and direction her attention to the chest of outfits she had acquired. Back in the demon world, she'd never really bothered with such things, her own shapeshifting abilities combined with her illusions had allowed her to give the appearance of whatever clothing she liked while maintaining her usual armour beneath. Here, however, she was actually expected to wear proper clothing, that could be removed, and while it was not beyond her abilities to use her illusions to please a client, the risk was far too great for such trivial matters, and a good cover identity was hard to establish.

To most, she was simply another demon whore, she was certainly capable enough to pass as one, but then, most female assassins start out in such careers; it's a good way to learn and to strike at people when they're most vulnerable. To many, she was Harley, a demon slut who wished she was the infamous Harlequin and got off on dressing up in mock costumes of her and getting fucked. To some, she was also working for said demon, what better patsy than a raving fangirl who would never think to betray her idol, and yet who else would be so far beneath suspicion of associating with them?

The truth, of course, was that she was the infamous killer, but not everything was a lie. She did get a certain thrill from pretending to be someone pretending to be her, having someone call out her name while fucking her, hoodwinked by her layers of deceit amused her, and fooling people certainly helped her keep certain other kinks in check. Especially with the more... disgusting... clients, it took all of her self control not to stab one of her blade into them and twist it slowly as she rode them to death's door itself... but such an act would again involve getting a new cover identity, and she had become fond of Harley.

Now garbed in strapless leotard and a short frilly skirt, both decorated with her chequered gold and purple pattern, she finished pulling on her second stocking before bouncing to her feet and trying a few poses in the mirror. Yes, she certainly was fond of Harley, just looking at herself pose and play the fool was enough to excite her, but another shout interrupted her fun. She pushed aside the momentary irritation, donned her fool's cap, a ridiculous thing that the Harlequin would never actually wear and with a naughty smile left the room and crept downstairs. When she was a single flight from the bottom where Lucille waisted, she mounted the bannister and slid down straddling it, before tumbling off the end of the railing and after a short roll leaping to her feet with a silent "ta-dah~".

It was the little things in life that amused her.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As she slid down the banister, Harley found not one, but two familiar faces waiting to greet her. The first was, of course, Lucille, the head of the brothel staring rather flatly at her in response to her antics. This was nothing new, but she never told her off for them either, and she was often told by the other workers at the brothel that Lucille secretly found her amusing but that she simply refused to show it in front of her newest employee. She had no idea that Harley actually was the assassin that she pretended to impersonate, of course, but that went without saying. Not a soul had she told, as yet at least, as her contacts always assumed that they were giving their instructions to another contact in the chain, and not delivering them to the assassin herself.

Beside her was a man named Clevus, as far as anyone else knew a regular client of Harley's. What he really was was a messenger, though for who the Harlequin didn't know. It was bad form to ask, and her investigations up to that point had born no fruit as to the identity of the fairly unassuming demon's backer. As he always did in public, he was playing the nervous twit, an act he had mastered to perfection as he glanced around the lavishly decorated entrance hall of the whorehouse like a frightened rat. He, as with most members of demonkind, was not unattractive, but also wasn't remarkable in any sense of the word either. Short black hair, small horns poking out from his brow, no wings or tail, pale skin; By all means, a fairly generic specimen of demonkind. As always, his gaze settled on a spot on her body well below her face as she came into his view, his eyes only turning to glance elsewhere every few seconds as he shifted from foot to foot, making him appear as the nervous but lustful suitor.

"He'd like the usual, Harley. The full act, theatrics and all, before the main attraction. I imagine you must know what he likes better than he can describe by now~! He's already paid up, so off with the two of you!" Lucille said, grinning lewdly now and gesturing toward the stairs. Clevus stepped toward her, a wan smile now on his thin, pale face. It wouldn't be the first time she'd led him upstairs, nor the first time he'd seen her "perform," though he had on occasion passed up on the main event if he was pressed for time. Her compatriots had begun to jeer at the speed with which he sometimes left her quarters, in fact, aiming light hearted jabs at his potency or snickered appraisals of Harley's skills at her profession.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

'Harley' sauntered over to the demon and hooked one leg around his hips, pressing her own against him as she smirked at him. "Reeeeeally Mr Clevus? You have something you need the Harlequin to take care of?" she asked in a mischievous voice before bending backwards, arcing her back until her hands touched the floor, leg other leg leaving the ground to press against his chest softly, her left foot resting just above his shoulder, her right still behind him. "Yes... I think I feel your problem..." she purred at him, unwrapping the leg and handstanding over backwards to land back on her feet before him.

"Why don't you come up to my room, and we can discuss how you'd like me to dispatch your target," she offered with an appropriate saucy grin. "I just hope this one puts up more of a struggle than the last one, it's so much more... satisfying that way... Mmm... and I hope it gets messy, you know how the Harlequin loves it when it gets messy..."

This was more or less true when applied to her contract killings, while she liked a smooth operation, it was always so much more enjoyable to her if her target didn't die straight away; in rare cases where she got a chance to abduct them, it would often be days before they were dead but she was never one to put herself in undo risk just to satisfy her tastes. As far as her views on the bedroom side of things, it really depended on her mood and right now she was certain into it, especially as Clevus was such a good boy. If anything, his blandness attracted her, for in a race of shapeshifters and narcissists to appear so plain and nondescript meant either low self esteem or an agenda behind such a chosen appearance.

She stayed several steps ahead of him the whole trip up to her room, except for one time where the ceiling was particularly high overhead and she vaulted backwards over him, reaching around to grab at the front of his pants and tease him a little. Before he could turn or grab at her back, she had slipped between his legs and taken the next few steps, putting her out of reach once again, although she brushes her tail back and forth across his face mockingly as she wiggled her rear slightly. She could get away with a lot more with her regulars, with strangers she actually had to be careful lest they get irritated with her antics and try to get physical with her; it was always a test for her to back down from the violence and play the meek little whore who doesn't like beatings.

As they reached her room, she wheeled over to the bed and launched into the complicated framework above it, her own little junglegym of bars and ropes that assisted her in performing a number of manoeuvres. It taken her far too logn to convince Lucille it was a worthwhile investment, and around 3 tries to find someone who could take her seriously enough to build it to the dimensions she specified; leaving big enough gaps for her to slip through, but only barely; no sense in not getting in some training and practice while she could, after all. "So, why don't you tell me about your target~?" she purred as he closed the door. "Unless this was just a trap to lure me out and you've come to capture and punish the wicked Harlequin," she added with feigned shock. It gave her versatility, some clients wanted it one way, others the other; Lucille had insisted she be willing to play the victim from time to time.

Perhaps when she was finally done with this identity, she'd give her employer an object lesson in playing the victim.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Clevus jumped in surprise as Harley wrapped a leg around his back, and stuttered wordlessly as she bent over backwards and placed her foot on the man's left shoulder. He played the part of the nervous fool well, but she could feel him growing excited at her touch through his stance despite his stuttering. Lucille bought it completely, however, and as she did her handstand away from the man the succubus smirked and said; "You two place nicely now~!" The head of the house strolled away a moment later, leaving her to lead Clevus up the stairs with no one else around to watch her act.

"Errr... Yes... Yes that'd be... That'd be good!" He muttered, his eyes still darting about rapidly even as they started up the steps together. His attention was quickly focused on her, however, as she went fully into her act, and his eyes had been roaming over her body when she vaulted over his head. The man gasped in surprise from the fondling, but she became quite certain of his excitement following her touch against his crotch. Despite that, he made no attempt to grab at her, which was in keeping with how he usually behaved. He tried to stutter something out, but her tail slapped playfully against his face before he could get anything out and he went quiet after getting an eyeful of her wiggling bottom. In all the times he had come to her as a client, the man had never once gotten aggressive with her regardless of her antics prior to or during their coupling.

When they reached her room Clevus immediately closed the door behind them, but stood by the door to watch her slide smoothly among the construction hanging over the bed. Though he had been her customer many times before, he had only once taken her up on the offer to have her play the victim, and at her words and the closed door between them and anyone else a good portion of his persona melted away. The other demon's eyes watched her as she moved around the bars without any hint of shame, a smile playing over his face, and only a tiny bit of his previous tension remained in his voice as he replied; "Oh, no, I wouldn't dream of attempting such a thing!"

He strolled over to the bed, and more specifically the beside table. As he always did, he began removing his valuables, first a few pieces of jewelry and then laying a small silver watch onto the table. He drew an envelope out of his pocket and set it face down, and then drew out two coin pouches, placing one on the envelope and another next to it. His eyes were centered on the careful removal of his things, rather than on her, but there was still a healthy dose of excitement in his voice as he spoke; "No, I would never think to do battle with one of such a fearsome reputation! In fact..."

He turned smoothly back toward her, wherever she might have been at the time, and said; "In fact, I have come to beg for my life! You see... The target, this time, is me! Oh whatever shall I do~!" His tone was only half amused, the other half quite serious as he got into the game in full.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The Harlequin purred softly as she slowly rotated around the bar she was currently wrapped around and lowered herself until she hung upside down, gravity making it so that only the very bottom of the leotard, that thin strip of cloth easily shifted aside covered her. "Ah, but everyone knows the Harlequin cannot be bargained or pleaded with," she replied with a smirk. "However did you hope to save yourself?"

She released her legs and dropped down to the bed, before pushing off it with her arms to launch herself at him legs first, wrapping them around his neck and rolling her body down his so that she now hung from him, her foot hooked behind his neck carefully. "I could likely snap your neck with my feet right now~" she teased as she traced a finder lightly over his length through his pants. "But I understand some cultures in this world offer their dead a final meal, perhaps it is time to accept the inevitability of death and take what you can from it?" she suggested with an arched brow, once again batting at his face with her tail.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man, to his credit, tensed as the Harlequin lunged at him, but managed to stop himself from trying to avoid her legs, some of his previously nervous demeanor returning as he gulped audibly. "Uhh.... I Ahh!" He shifted slightly against her as she traced a finger over his length through his clothing. "I can... Think of something I'd rather have than a last meal... If given the choice."

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

"Reeeaeally...?" she purred, continuing to trace her finger up and down ever so lightly against his length. "Whatever could that be~?" She moved her other hand to brace against his leg, and shifted herself up his body until her thighs rested either side of his head. She ground her crotch into his face lightly as she braced her legs against his back and pulled herself up, keeping her head low to avoid the ceiling before slipping over his head, letting go to hit the floor hands first and tuck into a short roll.

She sprang back to her feet before the door, and turned the lock on it, before looking back at him over her shoulder, a smirk upon her face. "Scared? You should be~" she teased.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Clevus gulped nervously again, his member twitching in his pants as Harley traced a finger over it, but before he could respond she had shoved her crotch up against his face. He mumbled something incomprehensible as she ground herself lightly against him, and stood stock still as she continued her acrobatics. As she came up to her feet against the door, locking it and then turning to glance at him over her shoulder and deliver her mock question. He gulped and nodded, again part of the act. He knew, or at least thought that he knew that he was in no danger here. After all, as far as Clevus knew Harley was just a particularly unusual whore.

"Y... Yes. Quite." He said, finding his voice again. "And, if I had one last request.... It would be to be to... To share a night of pleasure with the legendary assassin!" He paused, waiting for her response, and as far as she could remember he had never been so bold as this, usually just remaining silent or stammering when she delivered a question like that.

I couldn't for the life of me think of a way for him to say that without causing it to make me laugh out loud.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

'Harley' raised a brow as she strutted towards him, a slow and sensual walk meant as a challenge. "I see... but are you truly up for the challenge, I wonder?"

She strode over to a bedpost and pressed her back against it, slowly sliding down as she spread her knees, her hands trailing over it above her head. "If you want me, prove it," she all but purred at him softly in a sultry voice. "Come and get me."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man's eyes never left her as the Harlequin slowly strolled over to him, her sensual walk practically mystifying him. Even a glance at his crotch revealed that he was most definitely 'up' for the challenge, but he hesitated a moment before he started toward her. His shirt was unbuttoned and flung aside in the process, and even though Clevus was unremarkable for his kind that wasn't to say that he was ugly.

He didn't strip further yet, however, instead coming to stand before her and staring down at her where she crouched against the bed post with lust filled eyes. His gaze swept over her body, and she could see the desire to simply tear off her clothing and take her then and there playing through his mind by his expression and posture alone. He didn't do so, however. Instead, he gently and slowly reached down, cupping her chin in his fingers and tilting her face up so that she looked him in the eyes and holding her there for a moment or until she pulled away.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then a troubled expression crossed the demon's face, and he glanced over at the bedside table where he'd left his things. Letting out a sigh, he released her if she hadn't pulled away yet and walked over to it, pausing only to pick up his discarded shirt. "Apologies, Harley, but I'm afraid that duty calls. Perhaps we can properly enjoy ourselves next time?" He said, dropping any pretense of his former act. In short order he'd gathered his things and, with a final nod in her direction, left her room. The envelope and the small coin pouch on top of it were still sitting on the night stand.

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

"Harley" frowned slightly, almost pouted as he disappeared but she did have to admit, for all he made a fun toy he was too afraid of her for her to get into the idea of him fucking her. Fortes fortuna adiuvai and all that. Or maybe she simply wanted what she couldn't have, either they were pigs who wanted to humiliate and "own" her, or they were too terrified of what she might do to them that it just took the fun out of it.

She considered masturbating, but the mood had passed. The girls were going to be teasing her for days after he ran out on her again, but she'd just deflect it onto him, saying he got too excited and finished before she even got him out of his pants. Still, she had a new job, it seemed. Turning her mind back to business, she extracted the envelope from beneath her payment and gingerly opened it to see who had a date with death.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pulling the letter out of the envelope once more, the Harlequin found a letter from one of her regulars. She could tell, because every three words or so the style of the handwriting changed drastically, a favored tactic of Kal, the very person she'd performed a job for the night prior.
My esteemed assistant,

Your work is, as always, exemplary. I'm not quite sure what I'd do without your steady hand and flawless discretion at my disposal, and I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for your diligent and tireless labors at my behest. The task you performed for me last night was well accomplished, and the final checkup for it will be in the back room at the Asp's Den. Sorting through the boxes of trinkets shouldn't take you long, but I would advice you not to risk the loss of any of the proprietors valuables.

I am afraid, however, that I must call upon your services again in a more direct fashion. There is an individual who's goals contradict my own, and I think that you would make an excellent mediator in our current dispute. A knight by the name of Venic Artorius is the one whom I currently find myself in irreconcilable difference with. He resides currently at the Emerald Vale, a mansion that lies along the river on the Eastern edge of Acheron. If you would be so kind as to mediate between, I think that we can reconcile our differences. I will be unable to move on until his opinions on this subject have vanished from my memory. The manner in which you convince him I leave ultimately up to you, but I know that he has a taste for fine wines. Perhaps he will be more open minded when inebriated? Regardless, I trust to your ability to deal with this problem of mine both discretely and efficiently. If I never hear of this matter again after today, you will have my undying gratitude.

-Many thanks, Kal

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The Harlequin couldn't help but roll her eyes at the ever changing handwriting, it was actually rather annoying to try and read, usually. As she read the note, she quickly counted the coins; it was a habit that stuck with her even when the exact count wasn't needed.

It seemed like the Asp's Den would be her first stop to collect her payment, or at least it would be once she was able to leave here, Lucille was unlikely to let her leave just yet. She thought back to how she had met the proprietor back when she was working out of a gloryhole spot as an anonymous demon whore, rather than 'Harley'; it gave her ample opportunity to receive notes through the holes and the like as well as keeping people at something of a distance by limiting contact. This had changed the day Lucille slipped into her booth and whispered an offer into her ear even as her fingers gave the Harlqeuin's body a thorough examination and evaluation.

The Harlequin purred softly as her name was called once again; although this was more likely due to Clevus leaving so soon than a new client having appeared, there was a good chance there'd be more work for her soon and as much as she'd never admit it, the memory of Lucille holding her by the hair and shoving her down on a cock while fingering her had gotten her back into the mood.

She really would have to do something about Lucille one of these days...

----

Some time later and finally free, the Harlequin changed out of her play costume and into the real deal, donning 'The Lost Monet' which was much easier than one would expect. The form fitting and brightly coloured costume everyone was used to seeing was more of a loose, drab brown cloak before she put it on, once she covered herself with it, it shifted into it's true shape, tightening around her rapidly. Gathering her knives and juggling toys, she hid them about her before shapeshifting her entire form so that she appeared like Harley once more, garbed in a large, drab brown cloak. This way, no one would look at her twice as she left here and she'd blend in plenty well elsewhere in the city.

As she considered her mark and how to deal with him (poisons weren't really her thing, but then, she'd already thought of a way to make it fun for her), she headed towards the Asp's Den. Always accept payment first, in full. It helped to prevent people from deciding it would be cheaper and safer to kill her than to pay the second half of the fee, something that she had long since gotten tired of discouraging. The downside was that any expenses she incurred on her job wouldn't be reimbursed, she was out of pocket for those.

She just hoped tonight would be a quiet night at the Asp's Den...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Acheron was not a quiet city at night. Nor was it a dark one despite its inhabitants, as lights of every color imaginable competed for the attention of the many passing through her streets, mortal and immortal alike. Acheron never slept. The brothels, taverns and inns rarely closed except to make repairs, and the shops had simply followed suit, remaining open at all hours despite the lessened patronage after night had fallen. Of course, the owners had to sleep, and reliable help was hard to find in a city full of demons. One of the favorite strategies was to hire people who hated one another, that way they would be less likely to conspire to rob their employer and flee, and if any began hatching plans to make a solo attempt the others would be sure to report it in an attempt to make the other look bad.

Asp, the naga who owned and operated the Asp's Den, a fairly large and extremely popular pawn and curios shop that ran along the main road leading through Acheron, was one of many in the demon city that employed that strategy. As such, she'd hired three people to work while she slept or went off on other business; an old mangy gruff with a bad hip, a young succubus who changed her appearance drastically from day to day, and perhaps the most bland, dour goblin that the Harlequin had ever heard of. Not one of them got along, and as such her night business had prospered even while the naga herself laid curled up in the apartment behind the shop.

None of them really knew her, of course, but in truth that didn't much matter. With their constant furtive glares passed between them, it had been incredibly easy for her to sneak into the sealed store room next to the counter while they weren't looking. She probably didn't have very long, as the shop had been empty and it wasn't really possible to get into the store room without going through the shop, but there was plenty of time for her to grab her payment and be gone, the shop assistants none the wiser.

The stack of boxes that her payment had been stashed in sat in the rear of the small, overfilled room. Kal had always left her money in a leather sac with a three pointed star engraved on the front, as she had been instructed in her first letter. She had a few minutes to look, so she'd better hurry... But the Asp's Den was famous for its assorted valuables, and there might be something of great interest in here. Of course, she had been as good as told not to steal anything, and every minute she spent examining a piece would be one that she wouldn't spend grabbing her payment, but her contractor didn't really have a right to instruct her in this matter and the risk was all hers if she wanted to take it.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

One of the more curious things about the Harlequin was her curious streak of trustworthiness. To her, reputation was everything and that was so ingrained into her that the very idea of a vicious rumour of her being a petty thief or engaging in unprofessional, opportunistic thievery was offensive.

This wasn't even considering she'd be weighed down by potentially bulky items or the need to find a fence to liquidate such assets. She claimed her pouch as payment and moved to make her way out again, she had other errands to attend to such as acquiring a suitable poison for the task at hand; something potent, designed to obstruct the airway, flavourless or at the very least easily hidden in wine and fast acting. Of course, if the price ate too far into her profit margins, she could always simply fall back on her blades.

Her next step after that would be to find out where and how this Venic Artorius acquires his beloved fine wines, or failing that, a little about his daily schedule so she could arrange a chance encounter of some variety with him. All in all, she needed to gather more information about her target, but the letter mentioned he was a knight so the damsel in distress play seemed like it might be appropriate and if so, could get her to his dining table...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Gain 150 denarii!)

It barely took her a minute to find the marked bag containing her payment for the night's work, a hundred and fifty coins sitting in the pouch, all of them freshly minted. The shop assistants hadn't even noticed her brief disappearance from the shop, but leaving immediately might not be the best choice. The Asp's Den had a great many different items on sale, and not the least of these were poisons. They were hardly an illegal commodity in the demon city, of course, and were stored openly in a shelf by the counter, and a glance allowed Harley to spot two that would be suitable for her needs. Voidslither extract, made from the fibers of a deadly plant sometimes found on the shores of the sea, would do exactly as she required quickly, had no antidote and only had a mildly bitter taste that could be easily hidden in sweet wine. Hellspore, on the other hand, was completely tasteless and also much cheaper, but it took longer to act and wasn't always lethal if not used in high doses. Both caused their victim's throat to seize up, and both were liquids that could be easily and quickly poured into a drink.

There would be a greater selection at a dedicated apothecary, but many of those would be medicines that would require multiple doses to do what she needed rather than dedicated toxins. That didn't solve the problem of information, however, but as luck had it, Harley heard the girl behind the counter speaking as she came out of the storage room, the gruff who was mopping the floor nearby pretending with some success to listen to her; "... and then Scarlet went and told everyone! Honestly, has she no tact? One shouldn't go about, telling everyone of the secret affairs of the nobles! If Venic Artorius ever catches wind that she told anyone about their little fling, why, he'll likely cut her clean in half! His Lady already gets on him about his drinking, and if she found out that it drove him to lay with a commoner, why, she'd be furious! To think of the nerve...."

She started on another subject completely, her mouth not once shutting as she rattled off a series of facts, but within a minute she was back on topic; "... So he's having a party tonight, and Scarlet's going! She's probably going to try and slip him the love potion she bought yesterday! The slob drinks enough that he probably wouldn't even notice it either! It'll start an hour from now, but I'm stuck here all night! It's so unfair!" The young succubus seemed quite eager to talk even to a half dead listener, though the goblin was staring at her as if he was about to murder the woman where she stood despite being on the opposite side of the room, cleaning some of the displays along the rear wall. If she wanted more information, this might be a good opportunity to try and get it.

Hellspore: 10 denarii per vial
Voidslither extract: 20 denarii per vial

A vial contains 3 doses.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The Harlequin gave a slight mental sigh, the note certainly hadn't mentioned anything of a party but at the same time had in a roundabout way suggested the contract be fulfilled tonight. She wondered if she should perhaps reject the next contract from Kal, just to remind him she reserved that right, but that was for another time. Shifting her form to assume that of a cliche mysterious stranger, she picked out a vial of Voidslither extract, before making her way over towards the succubus.

"So Venric's holding a party, huh?" she asked in her newfound deep, scratchy male voice as she placed the vial on the counter and reached for the coin purse. Would she be remembered? Almost certainly, it was just too much of a cliche to forget but for that very reason the Harlequin had always loved dramatic cliches; they were a great way to ensure people remember exactly what you want them to remember. "What's the guest list like?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The demon behind the counter smiled sweetly at the Harlequin barely a heartbeat after she spoke, the girl's tail swishing behind her back as she leaned forward over the counter, displaying plenty of cleavage. In a playful, sultry voice, the girl behind the counter replied; "Aye, he is... And oh so many interesting people will be there! Even though old Venic has made many enemies with his tiring rhetoric, some of the guests are very important people! Why, there are over a dozen lords set to attend, and twice that many knights! Tis a private gathering, sadly, but I do happen to have an invitation of my own, even though I cannot use it. I was set to accompany the knight Cryus as an escort you see." The name drop was of course meant to make the woman seem important, even though she wasn't in any sense of the word. Most of the nobles among demonkind kept lesser members of their race around to wait on them rather than relying on the host's own staff, and often had them sample their food and drink in case of attempts to poison them.

Even as she had boasted, however, the succubus quickly took the coins that the disguised assassin rested on the table. No receipts were kept in Acheron, and given many of the inhabitants propensity for shapeshifting and mind control there would be no way of knowing for sure who was who anyway.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The harlequin saw her opportunity. 'Such a pity you'll have to miss the party. And you seem so bored... if you've got a break coming up, maybe we could have our own party...' The disguised assassin made sure to look in all the right places as she propositioned the clerk. With luck, she'd even have the invitation on her; she seemed the sort who might carry it with her to prove her worth and all the better, for it seemed she just might manage to make it to the party afterall...