What's new

Noxian Nights (Updated 9/28 - FINAL CONTENT UPDATE)

Re: Noxian Nights (Updated 9/28 - FINAL CONTENT UPDATE)

Tried to play the game but it's almost impossible because of lag. Anyone with this kind of problem?
It's not something we've had reported. This game shouldn't be much harder on your computer than any other VX Ace game - have you had lag problems with any similar games?

Now that I can post here I will also say that from the bottom of my perverted heart THANK YOU for this game! The many endings are awesome just like the whole game and its art. Waiting patiently for your next title.

Will you ever work on another game based on LoL or possibly other games? Or will Noxian Nights be the the first and the last one?

On another note, love your games.

Will you ever work on another game based on LoL or possibly other games? Or will Noxian Nights be the the first and the last one?

They are currently working on other game, its not based on lol but does have female mc.

Now that I can post here I will also say that from the bottom of my perverted heart THANK YOU for this game! The many endings are awesome just like the whole game and its art. Waiting patiently for your next title.
Thanks! We hope everybody will enjoy KoD when it comes out!

Glad you like them! As Exsalent mentioned, we're indeed working on a new game - it's actually getting pretty close to the first release!

We're not closing off the possibility of future LoL titles, but KoD will be our focus for the near future since we wanted to complete an original game. If we do ever return to the LoL universe, though, we already have our titles picked out:
Demacian Days
Freljord Fortnights
Piltover Period of Time

Sierra now that you are here, with regards to KoD, i know you guys don't give release dates until you are sure you can keep to that date but will the first release come out in 2017 at least?

Glad you like them! As Exsalent mentioned, we're indeed working on a new game - it's actually getting pretty close to the first release!

We're not closing off the possibility of future LoL titles, but KoD will be our focus for the near future since we wanted to complete an original game. If we do ever return to the LoL universe, though, we already have our titles picked out:
Demacian Days
Freljord Fortnights
Piltover Period of Time

I know about the other game and waiting for it to be finished (The hardest part of waiting for something fun). Actually, I was wondering if you had any plans for DLC (more contents) in KoD like with Noxian Night.

I know about the other game and waiting for it to be finished (The hardest part of waiting for something fun). Actually, I was wondering if you had any plans for DLC (more contents) in KoD like with Noxian Night.

pretty sure thats mostly decided when we're there.

you dont start developing games with the clear intent to round them out with DLC's, unless your publishers called Electronic Arts.

pretty sure thats mostly decided when we're there.

you dont start developing games with the clear intent to round them out with DLC's, unless your publishers called Electronic Arts.

Paradox Interactive *cough*

Sierra now that you are here, with regards to KoD, i know you guys don't give release dates until you are sure you can keep to that date but will the first release come out in 2017 at least?
Oh, if it's not out in 2017, something has gone very wrong. We're not in the middle of the development cycle anymore, we're in the endgame. The first version is playable, it just needs some systems improved, some art slotted in, more balance testing, etc. Some of that stuff is real work, so please don't take this as a promise of a release date, but I want to encourage people that we're not talking another year of development.

What we called "DLC" in Noxian Nights was really just bonus content we added based on fan requests after our planned end of the game, so it's impossible to say for KoD. But our first updates will be dedicated to demonstrating what kind of game it's going to be and expanding the content to cover the full scope of what we want to include.

What we called "DLC" in Noxian Nights was really just bonus content we added based on fan requests after our planned end of the game, so it's impossible to say for KoD. But our first updates will be dedicated to demonstrating what kind of game it's going to be and expanding the content to cover the full scope of what we want to include.

Thank you for the answer and I was curious about it since I liked the additional content for Noxian Nights wanted to know if there was any plans for it yet.

Noxian Nights
Demacian Days
Freljord Fortnights
Piltover Period of Time

I like the contrast for the first two, but don't you think the others are pushing it? Piltover's title even looks like a placeholder :p

Hey did anyone run into a weird problem with the events following the escape from the mines? When I seduced the Captain of the town, I went down to relay the news about the forge to the green haired guy, but after that the mines remained closed and none of the other events for the main story would trigger.
Can someone please explain that?

I like the contrast for the first two, but don't you think the others are pushing it? Piltover's title even looks like a placeholder :p
None of those were remotely serious. Is joke.

Hey did anyone run into a weird problem with the events following the escape from the mines? When I seduced the Captain of the town, I went down to relay the news about the forge to the green haired guy, but after that the mines remained closed and none of the other events for the main story would trigger.
Can someone please explain that?
Are you following the fan walkthrough? It does get a little out of order at times, but I think it generally does a good job explaining every step:

I'm not completely clear what you have and haven't done, but it might be that you need to clear the miniboss that's inside the mine.

Oh, if it's not out in 2017, something has gone very wrong. We're not in the middle of the development cycle anymore, we're in the endgame.

Wait, it means you will release it in one shot?

I thought it would be like NN, several updates. That's great!

from what i understood, the release pattern will be mostly the same.
I believe they are talking about the first (big) chunk of content.

It's not something we've had reported. This game shouldn't be much harder on your computer than any other VX Ace game - have you had lag problems with any similar games?

I had some problems with MV games, but never in VX. That's why i'm confused. Imagine that the game is in 60 fps, in my computer he is under 10 fps i guess. There's some places where the game is ok but it's just 1/100. :/

from what i understood, the release pattern will be mostly the same.
I believe they are talking about the first (big) chunk of content.
Keep is correct, I was referred to finishing just the first release. It will have a solid chunk of content, plus the entire foundation of the game established. Once that's done, we'll be able to put out regular updates like before, but there's so much extra work that goes into character bases, backgrounds, GUI, etc that we wanted to take time to put everything in place.

I had some problems with MV games, but never in VX. That's why i'm confused. Imagine that the game is in 60 fps, in my computer he is under 10 fps i guess. There's some places where the game is ok but it's just 1/100. :/
I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you, because I don't think anyone else has experienced this. There's nothing fancy going on under the hood at all, so I don't think this will be a simple issue, but: which locations does the game run okay? Do they have any commonalities?

Keep is correct, I was referred to finishing just the first release. It will have a solid chunk of content, plus the entire foundation of the game established. Once that's done, we'll be able to put out regular updates like before, but there's so much extra work that goes into character bases, backgrounds, GUI, etc that we wanted to take time to put everything in place.

I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you, because I don't think anyone else has experienced this. There's nothing fancy going on under the hood at all, so I don't think this will be a simple issue, but: which locations does the game run okay? Do they have any commonalities?

My theory is that there's some events and systems that are pushing my computer to the limit.

My theory..

This works fine even on my half-burned laptop which slow down even on simple youtube videos, so something wrong only on your side.

Back