What's new

Nym (Ranger9000)

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nym (Ranger9000)

Alice approached Nym, taking the tentacle from her hands. "Hmm. Decent condition... Not the freshest sample. I imagine you've recovered it from it's lair?" She asked. "Well, hasn't gone stale yet, so I can make good use of that. You've done well." The mage praised, levitating the piece of monster flesh to the desk. "And a monster that affects your perception? There are many that can do that, either through spells or some innate ability they possess. Many hide in the dark, too. Were you able to see it's shape, at least?" The woman queried. "That could help us narrow it down. As for Cedric..."

Alice glanced at the man, still fast asleep. "Cedric had a... Suprisingly exhausting day. What was supposed to be a simple errand turned out to be a wild goose chase all over the town that began early in the morning and ended hours later. Most of that time he spent running around at top speed, lugging heavy objects from place to place to make some really odd trades. Sadly, dropping the task was not an option." The mage sighed. "I suppose I ought to reward him somehow later, he did all of that at my request after all."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ya, we got it from the lair, we ran into an ant girl well we were looking for it and she helped us find it in exchange for helping her. That was how I ran into this thing, it was a big shadowy blob thing with claws and alot of sharp bits. I was never able to actually see the main part of it though, no matter how I moved the torch it always seemed to remain just outside it." Nym said, wondering now if maybe she had just gone nuts in that cave.

"And huh, must have been a lot of running to tire him out like that. Guess you two aren't planning to do anything else for today then?"

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yes, well. It was an important job." Alice shrugged. "And a suprisingly difficult one. Neither of us were prepared for things to take such a turn." The mage looked at Nym. "And no, we're unlikely to leave the Inn today for any reason. Cedric will want to rest and I... I have some reading to do." She explained. "Rest assured though, I've let my friend know you'll visit her tomorrow. She'll be available at any hour, so it's mostly up to you when you're going to see her. She might even insist on having you as a guest for tonight, just don't be suprised if she makes you an offer to do some... Shall we say, extra work for her. Feel free to turn her down if she does that, she won't mind."

"As for what you've encountered, well. It sounds... Odd." Alice frowned, thinking. "The way you describe it, it appears to be more of a manifestation of magic than an actual creature." The mage began to pace about, eventually walking up to the desk and picking up another book, quickly scanning it for something specific. "Perhaps you haven't seen the creature's true form at all, assuming there was one. It could have been some form of ancient dark magic that acted up... But that shouldn't - no." She cut herself off, shutting the book. "No, it can't be that. Tell me, have you attempted to attack it?"

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym had a guess what the 'extra' work would be, just due to the way Alice said it. Then she listened to Alice mutter over the creature she had encountered. That...really really didn't sound good. "I did yes, I drove it off but none of my attacks drew blood or anything, just made it sound pained. Why? What did I run into??"

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"No blood?" Alice raised an eyebrow. "But if it sounded like it was hurt, then... Hmm. It's body was probably just a manifestation of it's spirit. But if it was the shadows, then..." She fell silent, contemplating this before shaking her head. "I... Have no idea what that thing might be. Still, if it allowed itself to be driven off without another attempt at pursuit then you're likely safe from it now. I'll try to divine it's nature with magic, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to learn. For the time being, I suggest you get some rest and use the rest of your day however you wish. I'll have an answer for your question tomorrow, I believe."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"O-Okay then." Nym said, a bit shaken by Alice's inability to fully explain whatever it was she had encountered. "Well, guess we'll get ourselves something to eat if you're looking for us."

With that Nym would head back out of the room and drop there stuff off in her and Eru's room, before heading down to get something to eat. As they were on the way down she asked her wolfgirl companion. "Well, do you want to go out and try patrolling again tonight? Or just stay in and rest?"

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Alice nodded, her attention turning back to her small personal library immediately. Downstairs, Nym would be greeted by a storm of sounds, colors and smells as rush hour was in full swing, people coming to eat, drink and be merry. As they took a table in preparation for getting a meal, a waitress soon approaching to take their order, Eru took a bit of time to ponder the question she was asked. "Eh, we're going to have a job now, right?" The wolfgirl shrugged. "Don't see much point in hunting thieves. We could still go out to have fun somewhere if you want, but that's up to you I guess." She decided.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Giving her order for just a basic dinner and a mug of alcohol, Nym considered Eru's words. "Hmmm, well we don't really have the funds for that. So we'd have to improvise payments, if you're fine with that then ya we can go out and try to find something fun to do after dinner. Anything specific you'd want to go find?"

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Eh, not really. I don't know towns." Eru shrugged. "Figured you might have an idea. And yeah, we can easily get some stuff if we pay with our bodies, I bet." The wolfgirl stated without any shame. "When I met people sometimes while I was traveling, they let me have all kinds of things if I let them fuck me. I bet those in towns are just like that." At this point, dinner arrived and Nym's companion devoted her entire focus to the food and booze that came with it. "What sort of stuff would you want to do, anyway?"

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym blushed a little bit atleast at the wolfgirl's brazen suggestion for how they pay for things. Though if they were already paying with there bodies then that was one step of fun dealt with assuming the people weren't total assholes. "Hey, you were the one that wanted to go out and have fun, not me." Nym said with a half laugh. "Though, we could just walk around and see if there was anything interesting maybe?"

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hey, I only said we could go out if you want!" Eru protested, frowning. "Don't go pinning this on me." The wolfgirl grumbled, finishing her meal and draining what was left of her beer. "But yeah, I suppose we could walk around for a bit if you're up for it. People I've met were always talking a lot about cities and stuff, I'm kinda curious what sorta things you can find here. We've seen some of it, but I bet there's lotsa places we haven't been to."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Aww, but pinning it on you makes it so much easier." Nym said jokingly, finishing off her own meal. "But ya, lets go see if we can't find anything fun to do." Standing up and putting there non-essential stuff back in there room, Nym would lead them outside. The girl following the crowds, trying to avoid getting to far away from Eru so that no one got lost in the town and ended up in like, the slums or something.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The two girls would brave the crowds that filled the streets, looking for an opportunity to have some fun. They'd spend a good while just wandering aimlessly, trying to figure out where to go in a city they were not familiar with. Eventually, however, Eru would spot something that caught her interest. She seemed to go down a random set of streets, as if following someone or something before finally stopping in front of a nondescript building. The part she and Nym were in now seemed to be one of the less frequented ones, away from the main streets. Here, they were standing in front of what the girl would realize was a gambling establishment of some sort. And judging by the patrons coming in and out, having money likely wasn't a requirement for playing.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmmmm." Nym hummed to herself as she looked at the establishment from the street, then looked over at Eru. "Well, it looks like we won't need money atleast. Want to try it? Cause I do."

Nym couldn't help but grin a bit, she never could have considered something like this when she was out of the game, but this EGG thing was great. It opened up so many doors and let her do all the things she always wished she could do.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Going in, the first thing Nym would notice was the atmosphere. The air was thick and heavy with exotic scents, smoke, the smell of booze and occasional snacks. Most of it came from a small bar set up in the middle of the place, serving patrons drinks and food of various kinds, both cheap and classy. Looking around, the girl would notice the main attractions: a number of tables set up for games of chance. Roulette, cards, dice, there was a large variety of stuff she could play. Money exchanged hands swiftly here, but there were some who made bets with other stuff, like their bodies. Some of them managed to win cash that way. Others would lose and be led away to rooms upstairs to service the winners.

At the far side of the room, Nym could see a slightly different display. A scene was set up there, with vertical pipes going from the floor to the ceiling. There, a number of... "Dancers" were busy entertaining guests sitting at nearby tables. Waiters and waitresses in skimpy outfits provided drinks and refreshments to those who ordered. Before the girl could decide where to go first, she was approached by a bouncer. "New here? Here's the rules: you cause trouble, you pay for damages and we chuck you out. Entrance ain't free, but you pay after leaving so if you've got no cash, I suggest you go gambling and pray for good luck. If you win any sort of favors from someone, you better not hurt them. You won't like what happens if you do."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, this could potentially be a bit of a problem. It wasn't so much that they could bid there bodies, it was more that they might end up stuck here till they managed to finally win some money. Though they probably still had the chance to back out now.

"Umm, well if you don't mind can I ask two questions? What's the entrance fee, and if we don't manage to get lucky and win anything I guess we got to stay here until we do?" She hoped it wasn't too much, they did have a client to meet tommorow.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"15 gold. Easy to win that much." The bouncer replied. Looking closer at him, Nym could now recognize the man was an orc, tall and well-built. "Still, if your luck is total shit, go speak with management. We've had people who couldn't win even if their lives depended on it here before. There are ways to work off that debt, if you've got any kind of useful skills. Also, betting your body counts as a bet of value up to 50 gold. Keep that in mind." He advised her gruffly. "Now either leave or move along. I've got to keep an eye on other people too."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, that seemed easy enough. A single win with there bodies bet would be enough to make more then enough back to get out of the place if they needed. "Okay, thanks for the information!" Nym lightly replied to the orc.

What was life without some risks right? And there wasn't even her life on the line, so she decided to head in. She didn't force Eru too, so it was up to the wolf woman if she wanted to follow as well. She knew that roulette and dice were literal chance, but atleast cards there was a bit of skill involved. So she decided to head toward the card tables, to see just what she might be able to pick up there.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Approaching the table, Nym would be greeted by a dark-haired man dressed smartly standing behind the blackjack table - a dealer, clearly. There were two other people standing there, too. A dark-skinned man with silver hair who none the less didn't look any older than thirty, and a blonde woman with very long hair and blue eyes, sporting a rather voluptous figure with large breasts and full hips. "Ah, new faces! Care for a game?" The dealer smiled invitingly. "We were just hoping for someone extra to join. Mister Jasper, miss Aria, you have nothing against this hopefully?" He turned his head to the two players, who nodded after a brief pause to think this over. "Sure, the more the merrier." The woman declared.

Nym would now be free to step up to the table. Perhaps suprisingly, Eru also decided to play, and after a quick moment to teach her the basics of gameplay, the dealer began to give everyone their cards. Nym got a 2 of Hearts and a 3 of Diamonds. Eru got an 8 of Clubs and Ace of Hearts. Jasper got a 2 and an Ace, both Spades. Finally, Aria got a 6 of Clubs and a 9 of Diamonds. The dealer's revealed card was a 9 of Clubs. Minimal wager in this game seemed to be 20 gold, with Nym and Eru's bodies counting as that much. Nym's turn was first. What would she do?

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym felt a bit jealous of the 'Miss Aria' that was already at the table. Mostly because of the woman's impressive figure. She also wondered about the silver hair on the young looking man who was already at the table, maybe he was an elf or something? Didn't they usually have odd hair colours in fantasy shows. She'd introduce herself to the two, and wait for the deal.

Looking at her cards, Nym hummed to herself. It wasn't a bad start by any means, it wasn't a great one though. Still, there was no risk of her busting out with this hand, unlike Eru.

"I'll match the minimum bet. I have no money though." Nym said, figuring that would be enough to get the point across. "And I'll take a hit."