What's new

Nym (Ranger9000)

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nym (Ranger9000)

"Ah, betting with your bodies then? Fair enough." The dealer nodded. Neither Jasper nor Aria seemed phased by this, either. Probably had seen their fair share of people coming here and trying to earn some easy cash gambling. Drawing a card, the dealer gave Nym an 8 of Diamonds, bringing her hand up to 13 points.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damn, she couldn't stand with this, the only way she could potentially win money if she did was if the dealer busted out. She just had to hope she got an 8 or lower on the next card. With some trepidation she said. "Another hit please."

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

It seemed that luck was with Nym this time. The next card the dealer revealed for her was a six of Diamonds, bringing the girl up to a respectable 19 points. Aria's eyebrows rose up as the sight while Jasper nodded approvingly. Eru seemed a little bit confused, but seemed to understand that this was probably a good thing. "Hit or Stand, miss?" The dealer asked, smiling politely.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Taking a hit at this point would be idiotic, at the very least she'd tie the dealer if he had a face card under there. Though it was possible he had an ace but that wasn't worth the risk. "I'll Stand." She had to admit though, she wasn't liking how Eru was confused. The girl had listened to the dealers description of the rules right?

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Eru looked her cards over, frowning as she was deep in thought. She seemed to be visibly counting in her head, eventually speaking up. "I... Stand too." She declared. It seems that she at least recalled that Ace could count as either 1 or 11 points, at least. Jasper, meanwhile, decided to go for a hit and got a 7 of Diamonds, bringing him up to 20 points. "I Stand." He declared, passing the turn to Aria. Who asked for a Hit and got dealt a Jack of Clubs, busting her out much to her displeasure. Finally, it was the dealer's turn. He revealed his face-down card, a 5 of Diamonds, then promptly drew an 8 of Spades and busted out. "Guess our two lovely newbies won their first round. 20 gold to both of you... And you, Mister Jasper." He declared, Aria pouting at the side.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes." Nym cheered a bit to herself that she and Eru had won. Now she had enough to get out plus a bit extra, but the night had just started. She certainly wasn't going to get away from the table just yet. When the next round came again, she'd bet her body once more, hoping to win another 20 gold that she could start to use to bet without risking a delay due to whatever the house would have her do if she lost.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nym's decision was met with a bit of suprise as everybody else apparently elected to use money to bet. Soon, cards were dealt again. Nym had a 4 of Clubs and a 6 of Spades. Eru got a 4 of Hearts and an 8 of Spades. Jasper got a 3 of Clubs and a 5 of Spades. Finally, Aria got a 10 of Hearts and a Jack of Clubs, drawing a smile from her. The dealer's card, however, was a Queen of spades. He was likely in possession of a strong hand.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym might understand why it was a bit uprising for the others at the table. They didn't know this wasn't her real body after all, and they didn't have the ability to just like, log out if she lost. Actually on that note, did they ever tell her how to log out? It had to do with the ring she was given probably.

Still, the bet was made and her hand dealt. It wasn't a great start like Aria's, but a 10 was a good place to be. She could take a hit without worry of going over, though unless she got lucky things might get hairy after that.

So when it was her turn she said. "Hit me." She never did like that phrase, always made her worried one of her friends would joke take it literally, but ohh well.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nym's next card was a 4 of Spades. That made the third 4 she could see on the table, which meant her chances of getting another one were low to say the least. It also brought her up to 14 points, not a very impressive amount. Drawing any more could be risky, however. Especially with her body on the line.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym frowned at her draw. A 14 meant that there was almost an equal chance of her busting out as there was her getting under, but at the same time it wasn't a safe place to stop. The dealer had to draw till they either had more then 17 or bust out so she would have to hope for a bust out if she wanted to stand.

Well, she had to fight back blushing a bit as she wondered what the house would have her do if she lost, and said. "Hit me."

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nym's luck ran out with her next card. "An 8 of Hearts. I'm sorry miss, you've busted out." The dealer declared, placing the offending piece of paper before the adventurer. She was asked to present one arm and would have a metal bracelet attached to it once she did so. It was locked in place so that she wouldn't be able to remove it. "You'll have to speak with management later, miss. It'll be taken off once your debt has been cleared." He explained. She could still keep playing, though betting her body more would result in having to do more perverted and demeaning things if she kept losing.

After that, it came time for the rest of the players. Eru drew an Ace of Hearts, which counted as one point for her, and an 3 of Hearts, bringing her up to a respectable 18. Jasper also had an 18 after drawing a Queen of Diamonds. Aria declined the opportunity to take a Hit. With 20 points, she had no reason to do so. The dealer then revealed his hidden card - a 4 of Diamonds, giving him 14 points together with his Queen. He promptly drew a card... And got a 10 of Spades, busting out. Leaving Nym as the sole loser of this round.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Dammit." Nym said with a pout. She hadn't expected the dealer to bust out, but ohh well. She'd give it one more try, then if she didn't win anything on her body she'd switch over to her little amount of cash, or maybe get Eru to loan her some. After all, what was the worst two bands could get her when she went to leave? It was probably just like, a strip show or something, or maybe servicing a staff member or two.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The dealer would accept Nym's choice, and the round would begin again. Once more everybody else would bet money, and cards would be dealt. Nym got a pair of threes, Clubs and Hearts. Eru got a 10 of Clubs and 3 of Diamonds. Jasper got the 3 of Spades and an 8 of Clubs, with Aria getting two other eights - Spades and Diamonds. Then the dealer pulled his own cards and promptly announced bad news for everybody. "House has Blackjack, Ace of Clubs and Jack of Clubs." And with that, Nym's debt got worse while everybody else simply lost a bit of cash.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym just pouted this time. Fine, she luck seemed to hate her, but she still didn't have anything less then the minimum bet! If she lost that then she'd effectively be at an extra loss anyways just to pay her way out! One more try! If she didn't win anything this time with her body on the line, she'd be done for the night. It was a bit early to call it quits but she be enough in the hole at that point that she wouldn't want to risk more.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nym decided to go for one more try with the same stakes, and this time it seemed that fate would throw her a bone. A King and a Jack greeted her, Spades and Diamonds respectively. Eru fared no worse, scoring a 10 of Spades and a King of Diamonds. Jasper, without a doubt, had the worst hand: a 6 and an 8, both Hearts. Aria, who suprisingly decided to go with betting her body this time, seemed to get lucky as well, standing comfortably on an 8 of Clubs and Queen of Diamonds. The dealer's visible card was a Jack of Spades, however, which gave some cause for concern, perhaps... But at least he didn't have another Blackjack this time.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Finally." Nym said with a relieved sigh, the dealer hadn't declared a blackjack, so she had a tie at the very least unless she got very unlucky. She probably should have asked about it before but she hoped a tie would just result in a push instead of a loss. "I'll stand." It was the only sane choice, unless she really wanted to risk on trying to get an ace.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

With the adventurer ending her turn, it was time for others to make their moves. Eru stood as well, understanding that her cards were as good as Nym's. Jasper, with only 14 points, had little choice but to go for a third card and to his misfortune, he got a King of Hearts and busted out. Aria, despite having 18, seemed to briefly consider doing the same before Standing. The dealer was next. He revealed his covered card, a 4 of Diamonds that gave him a total of 14 points. And then, in a stroke of luck that was almost criminal, he pulled a 7 of Clubs from the deck. "21 points, ladies and gentlemen. House wins." He declared, putting a metal bracelet on Aria's arm as the woman shook her head. Nym, meanwhile, had simply a small ring attached to hers. She had two of them total, for both the second and now third loss after betting her body.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seriously. SERIOUSLY. Two dealer blackjacks and a bust in a row. What the hell kind of bullshit was this! Still, she didn't have anything more to spare, and she already had 3 of tallies against her, so she was stopping here before things got even worse for her. Unfortunately Eru was out of money now too.

"Eru, try like, one or two more rounds, if you win money you should probably stop. If not then I guess we'll be doing a bit more today then I'm already going to have to. Either way I'm done now, before I dig myself an even bigger hole." Nym was visibly annoyed by now. Seriously! Still, she packed it in, taking her 20 gold and asking the dealer. "Where do I go to...cash these in I guess." The girl pointing to the metal band and its rings.

OP
cross_grave

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"You'll have to speak with Callie, one of our managers. She's right over there." The dealer explained, pointing at a blue-haired woman in a suit standing a small distance away. With that, Nym would be free to leave the table, Eru remaining behind to gamble some more. It seemed that not only the wolfgirl, but Aria as well would be betting her body once more. Approaching the manager, the adventurer would note she seemed to be unusually beautiful for a human, moving with an almost ethereal grace. "Hm? Oh, hello. How can I help you?" Callie greeted Nym politely as soon as she noticed the girl approach.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nym was a bit thrown off by how good the manager of the place looked. It was like she was a nymph or something. As she approached she couldn't help but let her eyes wander a bit, but by the time she got up to Callie she was back to normal. Shifting her arm to bring attention to the band she said. "Umm...I need to...deal with these rings?