Once Upon A Time in Acheron (Grave) GM'd by MAF

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Once Upon A Time in Acheron (Grave) GM'd by MAF

And so she rested. Soon enough she'd awaken to find... Nothing. Her room was empty and she'd find herself having enjoyed a good night's sleep. The goblins seemed to be enjoying their activities downstairs, and her life was intact and still just as free as it was. She had the world outside, the map from the two men, and the goblins downstairs.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Azra sighed as she woke up, staring at the ceiling for a good while as she tried to think of what to do. The man who bought her was gone. She had killed someone, and now was free. She had spent the night in this place with the goblins, and now was more or less left to her own devices. An odd, unfamiliar feeling. Sighing again, the girl finally got up and out of the bed, getting herself dressed and ready for the day. She didn't have much to do, really, aside of trying to find a place for herself in this town. But even that would be a challenge on it's own.

As she moved downstairs, Azra pondered the piece of a map she had picked up. It had been bothering her, that enigmatic piece. Perhaps she could head out and take a look at the place, try to figure out what was going on there. Or went down. Or was going to happen, depending on the events. Either way, find something to do to occupy herself, maybe find an opportunity to earn some money. She still had that gun she could sell, even if it was probably better to hang onto it for a while, just in case. This city wasn't exactly safe.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The place in Acheron she knew well. It was the slave holding cells essentially. Going there showed it was no different than before. Though now it didn't seem to want much to do with her. She was bought, their business was done. All in all, nothing special or unusual. In regards to the map, the only place to search was where the apparent start point was.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Azra growled slightly as her search bore no fruit. How frustrating. There was literally nothing she had been able to find here. Walking away, the girl pondered her next move. She could try going back to the place where the fight took place and try looking for clues, but she doubted that'd help. Not to mention she didn't have much of a reason beyond her own curiosity to pursue that trail. And she had more pressing concerns, like figuring out how to earn money and find a place to stay. She could try selling her body, that was the kind of jobs she was usually called upon to do. But perhaps there were other options available?

Azra did one more round about the marked place, looking for any sings of unusual activity or things being out of place. Unless she managed to find some, she'd set out to randomly explore the streets of Acheron, keeping an eye out for anything that seemed interesting or useful. Perhaps she could learn something about the city she was in that would be helpful. Maybe there was a place somewhere with jobs to offer to someone like her? Or she'd find someone she could recognize, like her most recent master? Who knew. Still, it beat waiting around like an idiot.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Browsing the streets, Azra would see first hand a world that functioned completely fine without her. Like a spectator, she would observe the market and Acheron itself move and bustle with activity, while she had no part of it. Including the things she had seen previously, like old masters who only gave her a parting glance, often traveling with other slaves of the female variety.

One of her old masters didn't look so successful. It was a human with a ragged dress code and eye patches over both eyes with a bald head. A month ago he bought her as the cheapest option, when the slaver referred to her as a mutt of sorts. The blind man didn't care for what he could see, he only cared for physical pleasure since sight no longer mattered to him. Though, that was only a fraction of what he wished. He actually mostly used her to help him find his way. Now, it seemed he was without vision, and without someone to guide him.

Nothing else of interest was in the market, other than various things to purchase that she couldn't afford.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Azra eyed the place with a kind of dispassionate curiosity born from being intimately used to the sights before her. A bustling market, owners and slaves walking around, and not a single trace of something unusual or strange that would stand out or explained what the Hell yesterday was about. Disappointing. She was about to leave and venture further into the city before something caught her attention. A figure she recognized that wasn't walking around with a slave attendant or a parade of them. Ragged and unimpressive, he stood out quite noticeably.

Azra mused over her memories of the blind man. Come to think of it, she didn't even really know his name. Most of her tasks he gave her as her previous owner involved guiding him around, with some of the usual bedwarming duties involved in the mix. The wares were something she could not afford and the others had women with them already, but this one... For some reason, he was alone and looking rather under the weather. Didn't even have a guide. Feeling curious, the half-blood began to approach him, clearing her throat when she got close before speaking up. "Excuse me? Sir?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

His head perked up. Despite being blind, he seemed to know he was being talked to. "Ah... I recognize this voice..." he said, lifting his head, looking in Azra's direction as if he truly did have eyes. "You were that girl I bought to help me find my way around town. Alas, none of the places you took me to wished to hire a blind warrior like me. I'll admit my senses have dulled without my eyes, but they wouldn't listen when I swore upon wisdom that I could still fight. How are you? Are you free now? I wouldn't want to keep you from your master if not. Don't worry about this old man... If Destiny deems me worthy, I will find a way." he said, with a strained smile. He looked hungry, and unclean. He appeared as a man that couldn't possibly sink any lower in life, and yet he still had a positive outlook, or was it acceptance of death?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yes, it's me. Azra." The girl replied, nodding her head. Thankfully the old man couldn't see her grimace when he asked if she was free. "I'm... It's kind of a complicated story, I can't quite make heads or tails of everything yet, but... I am free, I guess." She admitted, feeling a little dubious. "I don't really have anywhere to go now, though. My last master just... Disappeared." Which made their situation not too different. Both of them were aimless and without a thing to do. Altough the old man looked as if he had been like this for a while.

Pausing, Azra wondered what to do. If she could pawn off her gun, then maybe she'd be able to afford at least a meal or two. But that'd not help in the long run. Both of them needed a job of some kind, and fast. The girl would likely have an easier time, being young and pretty, but the old man was in a bad spot. "Maybe I could try helping you again?" She suggested. "Perhaps there's still a place we could try. I don't have anything to do now and maybe together we might stand a better chance of finding something."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The old man gave a grin, and searched around, soon grasping at her hand. "You are free? Oh, how wonderful is that? No collar and all!" he gently touched her neck. "How happy you must be!" he cheered, unaware of her anguished position.

"I'd be so happy if you aided me again, just like the good old times! Just pretend you're looking for the jobs and I'll complete them! We're a team, you and I!" he put his trust in her seemingly readily. If willing, he'd tell her where he tried to go for jobs. He wished to deal with a menace of bandits causing issues for slaves nearby. If it was Azra, they'd give it to her, or so he claimed. Once they got some of the juicy details, the old man claimed he could deal with them lickity split! Once someone like her told him where the exit to the town was.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh, yeah." Azra replied, trying not to sigh. Happy. Yeah. Well, at least the old man was pleased. She didn't really want to ruin this for him, he didn't seem like he had many things to be happy about lately. Let him have his joy, she thought. Though soon afterward, he made a suggestion. She'd help him by picking up jobs, and he'd complete them. The girl gave the old man a measuring glance: the way he was acting, she really wasn't sure if he could fight after all. Still... Maybe he could. And it'd probably be better for him than languishing here.

"Alright then, old man. I'll go see if I can get that job for you." Azra nodded. She'd take his directions and follow them to where he had been earlier, taking the man along with her. Once they got close, she'd let him wait nearby so they could meet up easily before going to pick this job up. Some bandits... Well, they were probably not as dangerous as real monsters. And she still had a gun. Worst case scenario, she could join the fight in some meaningful way, at least.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Splendid! Let us depart immediately!" he said, moving towards her voice and putting his arm around her shoulder as he did when he bought her. All for the sake of knowing where to go by following her. His movements weren't awkward either. Azra even saw him moving his shoulder out of the way when someone was about to bump him. As if he knew they were coming. Somehow.

"You stay back when you see them. Let this old man take care of them!" he declared. Not exactly old, but not young either, he looked to be on his way though. Perhaps early 40's.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Azra noted how the old man seemed to be more aware of his surroundings than he looked. Perhaps directions were the only thing he had genuine problems with. Either way, the girl would go to pick up the mission details, then follow the directions given to where the bandits were reported to show up. "Well... I've still got a gun, if nothing else. I can defend myself." She replied to the man. "But I'll keep out of your way." Idly, she began to wonder if this and those two men from before were somehow related. They did have a map pointing at the slave market, after all.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The old man nodded. "Aye, for the best. I cannot see, but I can tell who steps about. Only thing is until I know ya, I cannot identify your steps. Just gimme some time to get used to the sound of your feet hitting the ground, and let me know if you find a new pair of footies. I might think you a stranger." he said with a smile.

They'd make their way out of town following the directions given, with the old man following behind. "Oh, right! No longer a need for secrecy now that you're no longer a slave, eh? My name's Eager. Twas a name from the mercenary camp that adopted me, because I was so eager to learn all the tools of the trade." he stated. He'd comment that Azra's name wasn't one he expected. It made her sound demonic and evil, which he didn't picture her to be.

Once outside, she'd follow the path given, even though it was more a vague idea. It didn't help her suspicions no doubt when she found it was in the same relative direction that she met the other two men. Eager knew nothing of this, and thusly said nothing as well. And if they'd continue, she'd hear sounds of wolves in the distance. The passing of black figures and red eyes far away indicating that corrupt wolves lie ahead.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Understood." The girl nodded, making sure to remember the mercenary's warning. Not that she was likely to pick up shoes, considering the sharp talons on her legs. "My name's Azra. Yes, I know how it sounds... I'm not sure why I got a name like this. Probably something to do with my distant ancestors, I think?" She shrugged. She never cared overmuch for that. She lead the man to the city outskirts, frowning as she recognized the area. Yes, her actions yesterday were likely connected to this case. How many bandits were they supposed to get rid of, again?

"Eager, we've got a problem." Azra announced, stopping. "There's a pack of wolves in the area. I think some kind of twisted magic has changed them into monsters." The girl grimaced. "If it's the same pack as the one I had seen before, then we're looking at a rather dangerous number of them. They probably got drawn here by something." And she knew what all too well. "I'd guess that any bandits in the area would likely attempt to avoid them. What do you think?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eager nodded. "We'd be wise to do the same, no battles need be fought for no reason. Though we must be ready to fight should they choose to pick one with us." he replied. "They will probably lurk in the area yet, shall we find a way around?" he inquired.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Good idea. Worst case scenario, I might be able to fly us out of here. Might." Azra stressed the word. Frankly, it'd probably be something close to a last resort. "Now, let's see..." She had a rough bearing on where the wolves were and could still recall the place where she killed that man. The girl would immediately begin to plot a path that'd allow the two of them to survey the area without getting close to where she believed the wolves would be. Just to be sure, she'd even take a moment to fly up to a nearby rooftop to get a better view and confirm the situation before finalizing the plan.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Azra, as she would find, quickly discovered what seemed to have the wolves all riled up, not that she didn't know already. Soaring up not to a rooftop, but a tall tree given their location, she saw that the wolves seemed to in general be migrating towards her location. Now that she saw them skirting through the forest, they looked up and quickly saw her as if she couldn't have been more obvious, and made a motion somewhat closer to a power walk towards her instead of a run, barking and howling in her direction. "Azra?" Eager called out, unaware of what Azra knew of.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"We've got a problem, Eager!" Azra called out as she got down, jumping off the tree and using her wings to quickly glide down. "Those wolves are coming our way. I think they might be going after me, somehow." She reported. "There's a lot of them, too. I'm not sure if we'll be able to fight off such a big number. I don't think we'll be able to easily outrun them either, not without flying. They don't seem to be focused on both of us, though. They seem to care more about me. Given the corruption... I don't think they're simply hungry."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eager frowned. "That's a problem then, if they have your scent." he stated. "If we wish to avoid conflict then it's lucky we're so close to town. We might be best off heading back, leaving through the other side, and taking the longest detour we can." he said, one hand going to the sword on his hip.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Agreed." Azra nodded, quickly lending Eager her support as she began to retreat, leading her companion on the way to town. "It'll take us more time, but it's better than going through all those wolves. Now let's get out of here." She said. If they managed to reach the gates in time, they could work on finding a way around. If not... Well, Azra would likely have to either fly them out of there, or try to create a distraction.