What's new

(Open to New Players) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: (Open) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

"Just as a counterpoint to the defensive option. The problem is we are facing an unknown force of unknown numbers. This could have been a probing attack for a much larger force.," says Laya, "If we don;t scout it out, we won't know anything. so we can;t make an adequate defense. As our friend said, it was not just goblins and kobolds. We need to know what the third group are. If we're going against ogres too it might be wiser to evacuate everyone if we can;t find a way to cull em. But we can't know anything if we don't investigate the enemy."

She shrugs and strums a bit on her lute, tuning it a little, humming.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I say we just go in, if we know they are preparing a trap then it's not a trap anymore." Kat grumbled, before her large ears caught the sound of alot of axes on wood. "Someone's cutting a solid amount of wood around here. Maybe we can find a woodsman there that knows the way, or some who can swing an axe well or maybe it's the goblins and kobolds. I say we check it out quick and if it turns out nothing we turn back and immediately follow the tracks before the family gets fucked over even more. We don't have the time or equipment to rally up a bunch of people and if we do then it's going to put alot of people at risk either way."

Kat would start to walk toward the sound of the wood chopping whether the rest of the party wanted to follow or not. She wasn't one for sitting around arguing and if she needed to she'd pull the group out of their indecision by action. She didn't like leaving people to an uncertain fate, and even if there was alot of them she was still sure they could handle a mob of kobolds and goblins now that they knew what they were up against.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"I have to agree with Talia." Kiera spoke out again. ""I thought about whether or not we could set an ambush for them here, but aside from not knowing how long before they make their return, they are also aware of our existence and might surely think their clues left for us were sufficient."

Her planning on how to best enter the woods, not liking the idea of ever going into possible combat without a plan of attack, was interrupted by the sound of hacking wood. The barbarian's input on the source of the sound was a welcome one.. for a second, until she decided to make for it no matter the outcome. Deciding quickly that it's the best current option, Kiera quickly followed so she could plan on the way, though not without muttering a warning, hopefully at least to slow Kat's pace. "Just bear in mind that we are still heading directly towards the enemy, so the chopping of woods could easily be them setting up camp, making the trap, or even just bait to lure us in. The weapons that kobolds and goblins carry aren't great, but there is something else with them with great strength, and if they need a tree chopped down, it would be the creature to do it. If we approach, we do it cautiously."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Did say it might be kobolds. Too, but yeah, we get up there then give a quick look from a distance, if its goblins and kobolds maybe we can thin them out before we go after the main group, otherwise we might be able to get some friends. Though sounds like there is a bunch of them not just one." Kat said as she walked, slowing down just a bit to let the others catch up if they followed.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Kiera flatly spoke as she tried to get her to slow down once more. "Then do you not understand that it is clearly not some woodsman? You know they've set a trap but you don't know where or how. You know they've some beast at their behest that singularly destroyed the farm but you don't know what it is. And you know that they are great in number, but we don't know if we're approaching a raiding party or the main compound. And who is to know what full powers they have outside of just what little we saw from a 3-man raiding party. Not only should we resolve ourselves not to enter any clearings in the woods, we shouldn't even be near the outer edges, where any decent camp would have set triplines around. We don't have the force to knock on any front doors and hope to escape if our hosts are hostile. We have to stick to the shadows."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What part of 'give it a quick look from a distance.' Did you not hear? Not to mention I doubt a raiding party is out cutting down wood." Kat said equally flatly as she slowed down a bit more again but kept walking. "If we sit here and wait then the farmers are going to be dead or worse when we find them. We're supposed to solve this problem, not sit around bickering about how to do it. So are we going to take some sort of action or just keep talking."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It seemed the dead leaves fallen from the trees have had just about enough of this conversation, as they began to gently roll in the wind towards the forest.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Well we're never going to learn anything by standing around talking about it.," says Laya with a sigh as she follows the barbarian, "Caution is fine, but indecision isn't. We have to do something, and seeing what is making the noise sounds like a decent idea. It's something anyways."

Laya hums as she goes but resists the urge to play her instruments as she went and settled for observing around and thinking of descriptive words for the story, jotting down a few notes.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Laya's in the right idea camp, now I'm going to go take a look. Anyone who wants to actually do something useful follow me." With that Kat would set off in earnest, looking to approach the sound of the wood cutting and try to get a line of sight on it from as far away as she could manage for now.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girls proceeded onwards, hopefully they packed a lunch...

The girls travel into the forest for 4 hours. They will need food and water for the day.

The girls start at a normal pace, but may quicken or shorten it for speed or stealth, with a proper bonus or penalty to time.

Time: 2:45

Travel and formation said:
Travel is just as important as smashing in enemies and conducting investigations! There are many factors that come into traveling, including the basic essentials of food and water. All isn't lost if you run out of either, or forgot to bring some, so long as you can make a good Wisdom(Survivor) roll to save yourself from going hungry or dehydrating!

Refer to the player's handbook (pg167 of the pdf) for deeper explanation into Traveling rules! If you say nothing, I'll assume you're just walking! If you don't consume food and water from your inventory or use a travel action to look for some, I'll assume you're dying!

In addition, Formation is very important! When traveling or in a dungeon, you announce to me:
+Your character sheet for reference as required, don't make me hunt for it
+Your current formation(Front, middle, rear)
+Any relevant actions (Bolded, underlined, whatever you have to do to make sure I notice it. If your action is in the middle of your post I might forget/miss it)

Formation: Is relevant to the heroes because it offers the heroes to strategically disperse aggro from foes. In addition, it is possible when SURPRISED that your formation will randomize or reverse! Finally, the distance between each line is 15 feet. This is what each line means in formation:
Front - Most likely to be attacked. Their first action can often be to move and attack the enemy. Does not hinder the use of stealth when applicable. x2 Aggro
Middle - Lesser chance of being attacked. Can join the front lines in attacking or stay back to fight at range. x1.5 Aggro
Rear - Can only be hit by ranged at first, or by fast opponents. At great risk if surprised or caught off formation. x1 Aggro.

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"What Layla said." Talia shrugged, looking at Weiss. "If the next assault is going to be more than goblins and kobolds, the townsfolk are screwed. We know there was at least one being here far stronger than them, there could easily be more. Also, even a weak goblin is dangerous to an untrainted civilian. You forget not everyone is as capable of defending themselves as we are, or that they might not have the mental fortitude to stand their ground in a battle. You think they're going to be happy if we come back empty-handed, with nothing but bad news, and tell them to fight our fights for us?"

As Kat and Kiera began to walk, the sorceress joined them with a sigh, shaking her head slightly at the argument. "If they wanted the farmers dead, they'd have killed them on the spot. Even if they needed corpses, they're less troublesome than live people." The tiefling stated. "I suggest we prioritize caution as we move, at least once we start nearing the source of the noise. We're likely moving towards their camp and it's going to be guarded. If we need to fight, I'd rather get the drop on them instead of having it the other way."

[Formation: Rear, keeping an eye out for traps and dangers while walking, vote for slower pace for greater stealth, eat rations and drink as necessary]

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Weiss still wanted to get help from the town, but when she thought a minute about how horrible it could go, she shakes her head. ''I-I suppose, you’re right. I-I believe they would help us, b-but when I think about how many of them might die, m-my plan suddenly doesn’t sound too good. I don’t want to sacrifice a bunch of people.'' Weiss states as she realized that her plan might cause too many villagers to fall in battle.

Not wanting to be left behind, Weiss quickly made her way to the front, being slightly annoyed at Kat and Laya for suddenly walking away. She felt insecure about heading directly for the camp, especially since Weiss armor was making so much noise, and even without her armor, she was awful at hiding. ''O-Once we approach the camp, w-we might want to send someone a-ahead to scout the place. I-I don’t want to get to close to their camp, because they will hear me coming for far away.''

[Formation: Front, looking out for any ambushes or traps along the way, normal pace until the half way point, and then slow down for better stealth, eat and drink when necessary. ]

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Finally, here we go to save some people!" Kat exclaimed, joining the front. She wasn't as bad at hiding but she wasn't anywhere near great at it either.

[Formation: Front, looking for ambushes more then traps, vote normal pace until we are close and then slower, eat and drink as necessary. Using Survival Skill with a roll of 18+2 = 20 to look for any trails that might tell us just who is cutting down the wood. If can only keep an eye out or track, go with tracking and let cleric keep an eye out.]

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

bit her lip, frustrated with herself for using one of the few times she spoke out against her new companions. She had been trained alone, and her mother told her of the difficulties of working as a team, but she'd still not experienced it before. I don't know enough of you, so I'm only left to trust that you know how close is too close. I'm simply warning that if you take a step too far, you're then bait." Kiera adjusted her hood back over her head comfortably as she fell behind the forward travelers.

[Formation: Middle. Agree with Weiss, if possible to split speeds in half; normal to start, slow as we get closer to the sound. If not possible, slow]

Zilrax

Reputation score

( Middle, nomming food and drink, yeah split speed.)

Laya moved along, taking a moment to eat and drink, having to slowdown a bit to do so. "Don't want to get cramps. That would suck in the middle of this. Not the best story addition. And then the heroes got icky tummies. Lo, it was not comfy."

She moved along, though when everyone slowed down, so did Laya. She was eager to get to the story, but sneaking at times could still be important. As long as they weren't slow moving ALL the time.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(For future reference, if you're using stealth, roll for it too. I'm rolling for you guys for now)

Slowing down halfway, the girls take 5 hours instead of 4 due to trying to remain unnoticed.

Time: 3:45, the sky is slowly turning orange.

Everyone consumes 1/2 a ration and their waterskin if they have one, otherwise they suffer exhaustion. (Reflect these changes in your sheets)

Everyone rolls stealth:
Laya: 20+5=25
Kiera: 9+7=16
Kat: 9+1=10
Weiss: 3=yeahno
Talia: 14+1=15

Perception: Hidden goblin totally fails.

The group marched carefully on, all moving quietly, until Weiss stepped on such a branch that sent a resounding crack through the entire forest. As if the greatest neck snap known to mortals and immortals alike happened in that very forest and Weiss wanted the gods themselves to hear it.

This spurned on a little spy in the trees, who gave a start. He said nothing, simply darting, and he'd have gone unnoticed if he didn't suddenly step on a branch that sounded like the new contender for the world record of greatest neck snap in the world, alerting every single girl in the party to his presence. With five sets of eyes suddenly staring him down, the goblin slowly turned his head back, and offered a small, panic stricken grin as his face glistened wildly from the amount of sweat he was producing.

"Peace?" he inquired.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Laya watched about as she moved silently, keeping an eye on her feet as she went. In retrospect maybe it wasn't worth trying so hard though as most others couldn't keep up with her level of stealth.

In fact, Weiss managed a resounding level of not stealth it seemed to have shattered the sound barrier. She thought only she could do that. However it seemed that was in fact the stick mating call as shortly after a snapping reply returned back, revealing a goblin in the process.

"Hello, friend. You seem to have been spying on us. Well since you ARE caught now, why don't you take a seat and tell us why, hm? After all if it's peace you want, no reason we can't be friends, right?," smiles Laya brightly, strumming a bit on her lute. Wasn't like any sound she could make would trump the brutal rutting sounds of two broken sticks.

(Persuasion, Nat 20 so 25. I'm doing good today it seems.)

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kat glared at the goblin, and moved into easy reach to take the thing down if it tried to run. Letting Laya handle the talking for now.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Talia winced as she heard the horribly loud snapping sound the priestess made, shooting her a glare. God damn it, was she trying to announce their presence to the whole world? Forget the armor, she seemed to have raised clumsiness to an art form! Her achievement was nearly trumped by that of the goblin who had been watching them from the shadows, the small creature soon finding herself staring into the eyes of - among other people - a tiefling sorceress. Which soon were accompanied by a small bead of fire at her fingertip. "Also, just saying. I'm good at picking up lies. If you lie to us, I may have to make you a little crispy. Just saying."

(Insight pre-emptively: )

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The goblin sat down, and seemed to comply. "Uh, was put here to... Er... Keep an eye out for... The people we were expecting..." he said with breaks in speech, apparently mesmerized by Laya's breasts. "J-just keepin an eye out is all!"