Not open for further replies.
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: P1M-296 (Cassie's old planet)

Siphon frowned, considering this a long time before he spoke.

"Strange, but I can see where the connections may have been made. When I first re-checked the files on here I thought Klarnell as well, but definitely not. Given what we've found here, I'm now concerned this may have been a behind the scenes warning of some kind from Alana. I don't understand why unless ...."

Vanessa seemed to pick up on what he was about to say as he trailed off, and spoke.

"You think Cronus's story about Kheb and Anubis fleeing there has something to do with it?"

Siphon nodded slowly.

"Yes. It's the place we first encountered Ascended Beings, first became aware of their existence. Before the Sentinel War, before the Ori war, Kheb was home to a single Ascended Ancient who helped others ascend, pretty much breaking the rules but the others never stopped her. Now, if Anubis did in fact flee there and Cronus was right ..."

"Then Anubis might have ascended before he died and been forced back here, and that's how he returned."

"Exactly. I'd much rather it be that he's retaken a human form than anything else I can think of, at least then we can deal with him. We just don't know, and that bothers me. Let's take these samples back with us, as well as copies of all the data here, then check out the other facility. I'm curious now to see if anything like this is present there too, and if there are any other files."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Heh, human doesn't mean he hasn't tried ta ascend ta godhood again. This is one of the uppity ones we're talkin' about heah." Ian shakes his head.

"So, which one we jumpin' ta? Nirrti's? Or this one yer talkin' about now? With, Cronus, aye?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon shook his head.

"After we inform Peltas of our discovery here and send the samples through we'll go to Nirrti's. Kheb has been abandoned for a few years at least now, and Cronus was killed just before Nirrti showed up again. There was some speculation she had at one time been a prisoner of his, and that she escaped after his death. All of Cronus's territories were absorbed by Baal, who can't seem to make up his mind what side of the fence he's on. Ours, or the old ways of the Gou'ald."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"We thought this place was deserted, too," Ian points out, and while that's technically true, there were still things here worth scavenging. "Dunno if ya want ta fill them in on Cassie just yet, mate. While it's true she should be watched, maybe lettin' in on why might be a little pre-emptive. Still, if gettin' ta Kheb isn't safe, don't mind me." He waves a hand.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon shook his head.

"No, I think it would be best if Cassie doesn't know anything right now, not until we can figure out if Nirrti may have done something to her that would be bad if she starts remembering things. That, and if it happens to be all at once, we have no idea if her mind could handle something like that. As far as Kheb goes, there was some incident with Apophis a few years back, the ascended who lived there wiped out an entire battalion of Apophis' army, then left the planet. All attempts to dial the gate since have failed, and the only ship to head past the area in the time frame reported not being able to find any sign the planet ever existed. Which is odd because Cronus claimed to have visited the planet a few weeks after the incident, and said they hadn't found any trace of life, that it was deserted. Best we can tell, Kheb has completely faded from existence. I suspect the ascended had something to do with it but we may never know. I'll fill in Julia on what's happened here, she can let Henry know and Jacobs. Those two can keep watch of her no problem since she's almost always around one or the other. Beyond that, no, right now we don't need a loose tongue accidently slipping that info to her."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Planet completely wiped from existence? Sounds familiar, don't it? So, stop ovah at Peltas and then onward?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nodded.

"Brief stop over to drop this all off and have someone like Talok start looking overall of it, see if I missed anything, then back through the gate to the other stop. That's a two fold reason there. One because of who last owned it, and second, we all want to see what's up with those wraith there. You folks ready to head out?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ohyeah, fergot they were theah. Well, since Ah usually pack fer unfriendlies when Ah'm followin' you around, shouldn't need ta stay on the station any longah than needed." He flashes Siphon a bit of a grin and, as long as they're done here, will head over to the rings to head topside again.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Somehow forgot to update this ....))

Grabbing the pads and a few of the samples, Siphon stepped over with Ian and Vanessa, triggering the rings. In short order they were back at the gate, and then stepping through to Peltas.

((BRIEF Layover there, only enough to post the layover then back on the way to Nirrti's other place.))

Status
Not open for further replies.